Tempo Storm parts ways with Gonzalo 'ZeRo' Barrios after allegations of misconduct surface and he confesses

Posted by Justin 'AdaptiveTrigger' Gordon • July 4, 2020 at 3:35 p.m. PDT | Comments: 125

Tempo Storm has announced that they are severing ties with Gonzalo 'ZeRo' Barrios due to his recent admissions over Twitter.

"We have been closely monitoring the developments of the various accusations of misconduct directed at our player Gonzalo Barrios, better known as ZeRo," said the issued statement. "After initially reviewing the statements of the brave victims who stepped forward to bring this to our attention, we immediately initiated a comprehensive internal investigation, during which ZeRo confessed to these allegations. While we appreciate ZeRo's transparency, we will be severing ties with him going forward."

"In an effort to help our fellow community members recover from their pain, we will be extending an offer to provide professional support for each of the victims involved who have shared their stories," continued the statement. "We will also be connecting ZeRo with professional counsel and other rehabilitation resources to ensure this behavior does not happen again in the future."

Barrios initially joined Tempo Storm proceeding the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate back in November 2018. Although he revealed plans to compete again after his hiatus from the Smash scene, he only attended a small number of tournaments.

Since then, ZeRo has been a content creator on YouTube and Twitch. Following his confessions on Twitter, he announced that he'll be taking a break from the internet and content creation.

"I'll be taking a break from the Internet and content and everything for some time," said ZeRo. "I'll try to come up with ways to do something good at the very least. I’m sorry."

Earlier today Barrios released another statement titled "I have to come clean," which you can read here.

Load comments (125)