Kurogane Hammer and Meshima break down the numbers on Hero in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Just how random is Hero? We have some numbers to tell us

Posted by Nico 'SuperQue' Smith • August 11, 2019 at 11:16 a.m. PDT | Comments: 3

Hero was just released a few weeks ago. He has made waves as one of the most intriguing characters to make it into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

With great power comes great responsibility. Hero has power in spades, but players must be responsible and figure out the best way to use all of his tools. Considering how much of his style and ability comes from randomness, knowing the probability of landing certain moves is nice to know.

One of the more contentious moves is Hero's Hocus Pocus. The move has the potential to do several things; some good and some bad.

There are 14 potential outcomes from this randomized move. Let's break down the percentages.

There are five outcomes that share the highest and an identical chance to happen. Sleep, Invisible, Flower, Poison, and Slow all have 6.10% chance of happening.

Heal is an ability of Hero that can come in clutch. The probability of getting that from Hocus Pocus 1.52%.

Heal can be used twice per stock. That also applies to getting it via Hocus Pocus.

You get a 45.43% chance to use a random spell, with a 16.16% chance at something good or useful. That leaves a 38.41% chance to get something negative.

Kamikaze gives any Hero player the gift of blowing themselves and an opponent up, taking their own life at the expense of their rival. The chance of getting that from Hocus Pocus is 0.910%.

For more information on Hero and his frame data, check out both Meshima and Kurogane Hammer on Twitter.

Load comments (3)