'Season 2 is more hype to watch, VERY stressful to play... we're close to the perfect game' - PR Balrog has a lot to say about Street Fighter 5

Posted by John 'Velociraptor' Guerrero • March 20, 2017 at 7:59 p.m. PDT

Just look at that smile... you'd have to search far and wide to find a more charismatic FGC player than CYG|PR Balrog.

The NorCal player's fighting game skill is unquestionably high, and eyes are turned excitedly in his direction in Season 2 of Street Fighter 5 as his main character, Balrog, has been buffed.

BornFree caught up with PR Rog at Final Round 20 to ask him all about SF5, and kicked off with an interesting inquiry about the comparison between the game's two Seasons. PR Rog seems to feel Season 2 (though it has its clear faults) is close to being right where it should be.

He also shares the secondary characters he's been working on, offers some top tier advice for beginning players and plenty more.

If you'd like to jump around to a specific point in the video, there are timestamps below:

00:30 Introductions.

01:10 Do you have a secondary? Yes.

02:15 Does Season 2 feel very different to Season 1, and why?

03:15 What system-wide changes would you like to see?

04:54 What are your hopes for SF5 and the FGC?

06:14 Are you worried about the incoming balance patch - particularly Balrog? (this was pre-patch notes)

06:44 Which characters offer you the biggest challenge as Balrog?

07:35 Which players offer you the biggest challenge?

07:58 Who's your favorite player of all time?

09:00 Training schedule?

10:35 Do you spend much time with frame data?

11:48 Do you play any other fighting games? 3D fighting.

12:45 Do you play any other video games in general?

13:36 What would you tell someone who wants to get into fighting games? Learning through losing.

14:27 ELeague - how do you feel about your group? Concerned about players?

15:15 Redbull Kumite - how do you feel about those players / opponents?

15:43 What if you make it to the ELeague Final on Friday May 26th, and then have to attend Redbull Kumite on Sunday May 28th?

17:30 Anything you wanted me to ask you?

17:54 Shout outs?

Source: BornFree.

Comments

chemicalBirdkick said on March 20, 2017 at 8:08 p.m.

I still don't get hype from this game.

zeuvs3 said on March 20, 2017 at 8:12 p.m.

Perfect game since balrog is so braindead and overpowered. Only balrog and Laura players enjoy this, the rest cryes !

GiBGUN said on March 20, 2017 at 8:13 p.m.

Translation for 5:02: "I still don't think the game is that great, but like many other pro players, I'm going to say I think it is great because I might not get invited to some invitationals if I say otherwise."

Xykes said on March 20, 2017 at 8:18 p.m.

Thankfully, lots of other people do.

Topanga was amazing. Final Round was amazing. SXSW was amazing.

Lots of viewership, lots of hype in the chat.

Gellus said on March 20, 2017 at 8:24 p.m.

Translation for 5:02: I'm a 4 pro, i like 4, of course i'm not going to like 5, similar to how 3rd Strike pros didn't like 4, the difference is that they weren't involved in all of this Esports crap and just said "not playing a game i don't enjoy, i'm going to stop playing competitively or stay just playing 3rd Strike" meanwhile players like PR Balrog are playing a game they clearly don't enjoy because it is their job

Does that make sense? No

Is that healthy for the game competitive scene? No

The normal would be 4 pros leaving and V pros appearing, similar to how 3S pros left and SF4 pros appeared, but because of sponsors that didn't happen, now we are left with a SFV competitive scene that is just the salty "i want my game back but i value my job" SF4 competitive scene

mercureXI said on March 20, 2017 at 8:26 p.m.

And now PR Rog -loves- SFV LMAO

What ? Boxer Top tier ? Nooooooooo, it's not tied with it !

CreepShowKid said on March 20, 2017 at 8:31 p.m.

Karin and FANG main here, love SFV so many not the rest cries? The only ones that cry are those who chose to cry and complain instead of just learning how to get better and adapt

tntedesco said on March 20, 2017 at 8:32 p.m.

Stressful Fighter V

GiBGUN said on March 20, 2017 at 8:33 p.m.

Everyone's views on SF5 who is receiving invitationals: https://youtu.be/9cQgQIMlwWw

First that Capcom Europe VP and now multiple pro players.

Capcom putting in work on that fake news!

kenkazama said on March 20, 2017 at 8:38 p.m.

He say that because Boxer is god tier but this game suck too much

CityHunter said on March 20, 2017 at 8:40 p.m.

You guys know PR Balrog stop complaining about the game way before season 2.

AveMcree said on March 20, 2017 at 8:42 p.m.

you're a regular English scholar I see :)

AveMcree said on March 20, 2017 at 8:45 p.m.

If Balrog is God Tier then wtf is Laura, Gief, Cammy, Ibuki, and R.Mika?

Mind you those are his worst matchup's... It will get uglier since they nerfed the jump OS..

xDONx said on March 20, 2017 at 8:52 p.m.

Forgot that Rashid is a bad MU for him too.

HooliganComboFTW said on March 20, 2017 at 8:52 p.m.

Well that was quite the change of tone. Wonder what the cause was.

GiBGUN said on March 20, 2017 at 8:53 p.m.

It's called not biting the hand that feeds.

Another prime example was Du's interview where BF asked him something along the lines of"what does Capcom need to do to improve Street Fighter 5". He could barely finish his sentence before Du said "Capcom is already doing a lot. The players need to make it interesting" -_-

For the record, i genuinely respect that these players want to protect their potential earnings, but I'm not going to pretend I haven't noticed the change of tone among some players.

icejohn said on March 20, 2017 at 8:54 p.m.

Ooh nuu... positivity.
Kill it.

Cmon_Get_Serious said on March 20, 2017 at 8:57 p.m.

I think ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ might be infectious and is spreading among the players

We must find the source and take it down quickly before more lives are lost

Shinpaisuru said on March 20, 2017 at 9:02 p.m.

It is hype. Well I play casually so it's the pros job to make sure we're entertain. Capcom provided the money, it's just the matter of time someone with big appetite come and grab those dollars.

Abbadon36 said on March 20, 2017 at 9:06 p.m.

i agree

CityHunter said on March 20, 2017 at 9:08 p.m.

Its funny if the guy is defending the game he is lying but if he is hating on the game he is telling truth. I guess in the fgc you dont have the right to be positive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FightDirty said on March 20, 2017 at 9:10 p.m.

Is this thing you are referring to known as ennui?

I reckon that's where I'm at when it comes to this game. Yeah, I'll pop it in and play it every couple of days but for me it's not the No.1 fighter ATM. It's not as bad a game as some people say (I find some matches exciting to watch) - yet it still has a ways to go.

GiBGUN said on March 20, 2017 at 9:16 p.m.

Haha. Sure capcop, sure.

There's plenty to be positive about, but there's no need for people to sweep the other stuff under the rug.

Gellus said on March 20, 2017 at 9:17 p.m.

I disagree, it's more about consistency, Xian for example was always saying he enjoyed the game, his complaints were always constructive criticism and he featured a very positive look for the game in general, so if he said right now he likes the game a lot, i would believe him

PR Rog tho? Dude was always talking sh*t about the game, just take a quick look on his twitter, so I'm sorry if I don't buy the idea that he's currently loving it and think it's close to perfect, he's either being shady because like GiBGUN said "you don't bite the hand it feeds" or his enjoyment of a game is based solely on how broken is Balrog

FengShuiMachine said on March 20, 2017 at 9:21 p.m.

I really like SFV haters need to move on, sfv is here to stay and continue forward, accept it already i choose if youll play it or stay in sf4, either way is good.

What? Youbguy expect for ono to annouce cpt will drop sfv and put bad usf4?? Dream on. The game has improved and will keep improving with what i see.

PrRog does not need to lie about him liking the game or not, he clearly said it once he stip complaining he enjoys the game and now likes it. Its almost taboo to say "i like sfv" before ppl who cant win and make excuses come and start bashing in the smallest glimps of positive comments about the game.

Haha hater can hate.

Gellus said on March 20, 2017 at 9:23 p.m.

Read my comment, it's about consistency, PR Rog is not being consistent, that's it

By the way, i really dislike SF4 and want to see SFV get it's full potential explored, i just want to see this happen with it's own competitive scene, not with a SF4 scene that doesn't want to be there

CityHunter said on March 20, 2017 at 9:25 p.m.

Nah this happened way before season 2 were he hated sfv so much he had to take a break from it. It was after reading Daigo book that he just stopped complaining and be more positive. Its not even about SFV he is just a way more positive guy now. Heck they even made a article on eventhubs about that. But hey I guess people cant change

Aluppoj said on March 20, 2017 at 9:26 p.m.

I appreciate his enthusiasm, regardless of motivation.

And I don't blame him. Dude is trying to make a living.

Aka, "Time to get paid!"

Xar5000 said on March 20, 2017 at 9:33 p.m.

PR Rog just having a blast. lol! Q&A are on point. Great interview.

Cmon_Get_Serious said on March 20, 2017 at 9:46 p.m.

Ennui might be a bit dark but I guess it fits.

I'm with you though. There are still problems to be fixed, but they're gradually getting solved and the game will slowly get better. Marathon, not a sprint after all

I'm still begging for Arcade mode though :(

delamarche said on March 20, 2017 at 9:49 p.m.

I also feel like PR Rog was pretty unstable in his opinions even during SF4. He seemed to alternate between being super happy and motivated to the complete opposite all the time. I mean, remember how he "retired" and then came back like, 3 months later. I love both games and I still play both, but I seriously feel like people put giant freaking blinders on whenever they think back to SF4.

Consistency is boring anyways. I'd prefer to have more people like Rog in my life lol

GiBGUN said on March 20, 2017 at 9:53 p.m.

Haha indeed. Can't state enough that I really think the tournaments this year keep getting better and better, and I totally under$tand and re$pect the rea$oning behind change of tone with $ome of the pro folk$.

I just don't want us to end up in a situation where issues are swept under the rug.

henrycenscloset said on March 20, 2017 at 9:56 p.m.

reminder: pr rog is actually bald and wears a toupee. lol

CityHunter said on March 20, 2017 at 10:16 p.m.

Yeah he talked about this during season 1. He said that after reading daigo book he just stopped complaining and start being more positive

CODYYY said on March 20, 2017 at 10:31 p.m.

I love season 2. The boring characters got nerfed which is great for viewership. The DLC characters should be the best, they are most fun to watch with a couple exceptions like mika and ken from the vanilla cast.

tntedesco said on March 20, 2017 at 10:45 p.m.

I'll tell my children about this comment. It's so smart!

EmjayGaming said on March 20, 2017 at 10:47 p.m.

I think you're reading into that WAY too much, he said a while ago that he didn't enjoy the game at first because he didn't have a character that he enjoyed and it changed once Balrog was added. That was a a while ago, it's not a sudden change of opinion.

BlackGuile said on March 20, 2017 at 10:56 p.m.

6.5 frames lag. Kappa

downvote said on March 20, 2017 at 11:13 p.m.

Meanwhile PRrog has a well paid job at NVIDIA as a manager.

Yep, he's saying positive things for money... Sure.

Themysciran said on March 20, 2017 at 11:20 p.m.
CODYYY said on March 20, 2017 at 11:36 p.m.

chun player spotted.

ABJitz said on March 20, 2017 at 11:37 p.m.

This guy wishes it was Season 1 again to have his Chun-Li back! Hahahahahaha! Guy has been spewing nonstop salt on current build of S2 and instead of taking a page of PRogs book of not complaining and try adapting.

sit there and sulk boi

chrobaciky said on March 20, 2017 at 11:48 p.m.

Just about perfect for a Balrog player I agree.

Bzerk45 said on March 21, 2017 at 12:13 a.m.
isaaclee said on March 21, 2017 at 12:18 a.m.

That criticism doesn't really hold for PR Balrog. He stopped complaining and did well long before Balrog was considered broken. Agreed, his feedback and criticism last year was far from constructive, but his comments and perspective on complaints and learning how the game differs from SF4 is pretty insightful.

simmmmm said on March 21, 2017 at 12:19 a.m.

its so hype that none of the pro's will play it any second longer than there is money in it

kitchen said on March 21, 2017 at 12:24 a.m.

Not sure I agree. I don't get a great amount of enjoyment from watching burst damage and knowing a player lost half their life by guessing wrong on a wake-up or set play mix up. I enjoy watching a clever read, a great whiff punish into a combo or in this game in particular, good defence.

Ken and Mika look good when they're doing their stuff, as does balrog, but when you understand how it's done it's not so impressive...

RunningWildVidya said on March 21, 2017 at 12:38 a.m.
DatGurLViaLeY said on March 21, 2017 at 12:41 a.m.

This is a prime example of why you can't always listen to the "pro's" because they're disingenuous as all hell. Maybe i'd feel the same way if my character was ridiculously over powered.

Heta said on March 21, 2017 at 12:54 a.m.

Yes S2 is way more hype to watch than S1. He was getting more positive in an article where he said he quite enjoyed what kind of player is behind the monitor based on their playstyle. I played with a gold rank Akuma from Costa Rica thrice who only did st.LK? Not sure what to think about that guy lol.

chemicalBirdkick said on March 21, 2017 at 12:59 a.m.

Hype in the chat? But not the game lol

chemicalBirdkick said on March 21, 2017 at 1 a.m.

You don't need to adapt if you play balrog

Smorgasboard said on March 21, 2017 at 1:10 a.m.

If you like something, you are a tool.
If you hate something, you are being real.

It's as if hate is the only real emotion.

Balrog1984 said on March 21, 2017 at 2:35 a.m.

Oh shut up dramaqueen, thats just reaching.
In topic nice interview again and PRbalrog is such a jolly guy lol

Takamura13 said on March 21, 2017 at 3 a.m.

And what a great game it is because for every hit you land you are giving your opponent a gun to instantly kill you with and make a fair "comeback".

That being said i'd enjoy this game too if my character had fullscreen over/low mixups into a reset/stun to win the round. No input motion anti fireball options 3 frame jab and a ridiculous crushcounter normal thats + on block.

land2000 said on March 21, 2017 at 3:11 a.m.

Mika is middle tier.

Catalysts_Cute_Twin_Sister said on March 21, 2017 at 3:42 a.m.

I THINK WE SHOULDN'T DO A CLIFF NOTES OF BORN FREE'S INTERVIEWS!!!!! 11

EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH AND ALSO ADD A LIKE TO HIS INTERVIEWS!!!!! THEY ARE GOOD STUFF!!!!!! 1111

ZiggzBoy16 said on March 21, 2017 at 3:42 a.m.

Sigh....

GensDisciple said on March 21, 2017 at 3:57 a.m.

If they did a complete overhaul of the user experience I would actually play the game, no Bullsh*t. When I fire up the game and the waiting starts, with the plain ass menus, and then the load times watching that damn wheel spin, the nauseousness kicks in and I shut it off. (PS4) and they still have the graphics quality set to medium, compared to PC it looks like poop.

Baiken_Bae said on March 21, 2017 at 4:05 a.m.

Nothing triggers salty scrubs on EH more than someone saying something good about sf5. hilarious lol

Syirine said on March 21, 2017 at 4:30 a.m.

Are people not allowed to like this game?

pressstart said on March 21, 2017 at 4:36 a.m.

It's similar to people who dismiss 5 star or 10/10 reviews, so they just dismiss it as bias, only reading negative or 3 star reviews.

Ponyo2015 said on March 21, 2017 at 4:36 a.m.

Stop using the terms OP and BROKEN. SFV has no BROKEN or OP characters!!!
It makes you look bad. Keep on whining everyone!

Zephyrus said on March 21, 2017 at 4:44 a.m.

ikr?

Supr3mus2D said on March 21, 2017 at 4:45 a.m.

At least he was honest, he said he complained a lot because he didn't know how to play the game :)

ABJitz said on March 21, 2017 at 4:45 a.m.

Sounds like a personal problem friend
Smh

Phtm_Miria said on March 21, 2017 at 4:54 a.m.

"I don't like SFV, I think pros don't like SFV and that SFV is objectively unlikable. Therefore, anyone that says that he likes SFV, especially if they're pro, must be lying and he secretly hates the game too."

binhduh said on March 21, 2017 at 5:10 a.m.

Are people just reading the title and not watching?

He has said a lot of constructive critical comments on SF5 (bring back dps/v reversal criticism etc) throughout the interview. Also people saying he likes SF5 because rog is top tier yet he is talking about all his secondary characters to cover up for his weaknesses.

SF4 is retired and great in its own way and SF5 is a working title in progress and great in its own way. Every time some BS about comes up about SF5 its often compared to SF4.

For those who actually watched the interview here is a snippet that explains his opinion in reference to 3rd/4 vs 5.

"Look its not the same game, I'm sorry. But if you like those games go play them. I still play SF4, and I still enjoy it you know so... just play whatever you want. Support the game, go out there, play and find the challenges and try to beat them." ~ PR ROG

Exos8806 said on March 21, 2017 at 5:13 a.m.

how much do you fools think this man makes from playing sfv? Saying that he's just being positive for the sake of money
Only a very very few players do well playing professionally

Positive_Edge said on March 21, 2017 at 5:13 a.m.
Bohemio said on March 21, 2017 at 5:27 a.m.

Ppl didnt watch the interview, they just come here to throw shlt at sf5, I dont understand why, its as if they get sexually aroused doing so.

Spades said on March 21, 2017 at 5:34 a.m.

I feel like complaining about SFV is pointless at this stage of the game.

Let's be honest: It's never going to be perfect and we've come to accept that. There's inevitably someone who's going to hate each addition/patch this game has to offer.

Does it make SFV a bad game, though? Not really. It's just not your kind of game which is fine. There are other games in this genre you can play. (Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, Killer Instinct, Etc.)

If you're just going to be lazy or immature and bicker about SFV game's flaws, you're better off spending that time playing a different game to save you the trouble of just being downvoted on a website. Trust me, It's what we all do.

Hunterg6060 said on March 21, 2017 at 5:46 a.m.

A Balrog player saying that this game is near perfect, LMFAO...

Gellus said on March 21, 2017 at 5:46 a.m.

Well, i actually like V and think the game has a lot of potential, very different than 4, which is just not a good game imo, that being said, I don't think it's weird to see previous SF4 pros not enjoying V, i believed PR Balrog was one of those, if he really changed, than my bad

NM_Flamez said on March 21, 2017 at 6:09 a.m.

Nice to see EH posting abiut someone who isnt btiching about SF5 tbh. Its the good game that gets too much stick tbh.

ygolonac said on March 21, 2017 at 6:12 a.m.

Its always weird to see the comment culture in these articles. Its eaither all green for prosfv or all green for anti sfv. One side always dominates.

ChickenSpaghetti said on March 21, 2017 at 6:20 a.m.

Now hold on, PR Rog has always been the kind of guy to vent his salt onstream and on his Twitter even back in SF4, doesn't mean he dislikes the game. Maybe he has a love hate relationship with SF like a lot of people do, I don't know, I can't speak for him. Even if he disliked it and was vocal about it I don't think it would stop him from getting invited to stuff, Phenom and Chris G absolutely loathe the game but they still get those perks.

GensDisciple said on March 21, 2017 at 6:21 a.m.
ChickenSpaghetti said on March 21, 2017 at 6:22 a.m.

That's how I feel. SFV is never going to be the game I want it to be so I don't stress myself out by playing it anymore. Life is too short to try to force yourself into a game you have no passion for.

Xagni said on March 21, 2017 at 6:57 a.m.

Dear Whining People:

I thought Event Hubs covered this really well a few weeks back about the history of how you all did this with practically every fighting game that has come out. "Oh (fill in the blank) is OP!!!" "So and so needs to be buffed/nerfed!!!" "OMG BALANCE THIS GAME!!!"

Please.

SFV isn't going anywhere. The game isn't trash. People will continue to play this game. I'm tired of people acting as if you can't just go in the lab and get good. PLUS there's FIVE more characters coming! That doesn't include the next four or five years of characters. Play something else if it's that serious. There's KOF, Blaz Blue, KI, Guilty Gear, Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 is right around the corner. There's more than enough for everyone. But all of you that are just minor voices in a huge crowd should really pay attention to fact and not what you wish. So let me tell it like it is while you tell it how it "might be."

Millions of dollars have been put into this game. Tournaments, spots on TBS, ESPN and Twitch as well as continued added content. It might not be a damn arcade mode but geez, everything wasn't handed to us back in the day either. We have a franchise that is noticed and keeping the FGC up. It also helps the other fighting games as well as most tournaments aren't just about SFV. I know I'm going to get some gripe about my post but damn. I'm tired of people knocking what companies are trying to do for our community. Yeah, they're trying to make money off of it. Well, to stay afloat you need money. I think it's time we all stopped complaining, find a niche that you have in a game, whether it's SFV, KI or SOMETHING and stick to it while NOT pulling the other games down. It's stupid.

mortal said on March 21, 2017 at 7:06 a.m.

so SF5 is an ok offline game, cool. Too bad i cannot stand to play it online, so i don't play it at all

doctajoe said on March 21, 2017 at 7:32 a.m.

Lol at all the butthurt haters. PR Rog and most of the pro players like the game, deal with it.

RedRapperSux said on March 21, 2017 at 7:36 a.m.

Hype commentators carry this game hard.

Gam3B0y said on March 21, 2017 at 7:42 a.m.

pretty much agree !!!
2nd season pulled me in again, I almost lost hope on season 1... and now it became so much more fun

+ they started adding new moves in this little update.. it means they'll add a lot more in the future, so peopls support our game, support our future !!!

Fallenrose777 said on March 21, 2017 at 7:44 a.m.

This comment section LOL!

Eventhub comments are the reason I keep coming back. Don't change EH.

mcfizzle said on March 21, 2017 at 7:47 a.m.

Arcade mode is so hype.

mcfizzle said on March 21, 2017 at 7:48 a.m.

Just like SF4 apparently.

mcfizzle said on March 21, 2017 at 7:50 a.m.

So kind of like an ultra in SF4?

ALMG7 said on March 21, 2017 at 7:59 a.m.

Geez, SFV is bringing out the worst in everyone.

MCMathematik said on March 21, 2017 at 8:01 a.m.

From a pure competitive perspective, the game is in a much better place than it was last season. As a casual, online player it only seems to be getting worse. It's fun to watch, it's great to play offline with friends and enemies. But, the core of the game should be it's online multiplayer and it just doesn't feel that way.

MisguidedAngel said on March 21, 2017 at 8:02 a.m.

What I don't get it is, every comment here is people repeating "lol u just think it's cool to hate on sfv, it's actually a fine game", meanwhile, any comment related to hating sfv is downvoted into oblivion.

Clearly the people who like the game aren't the minority on eventhubs so don't act like you are ;).

KiX said on March 21, 2017 at 8:14 a.m.

I don't hate SFV. What I hate is that Capcom and Sony are trying to kill it with shady business. Like the game or hate it, the real problem is not the gameplay.

Phtm_Miria said on March 21, 2017 at 8:26 a.m.

And on the other hand you had that article about that Capcom employee saying that the game "was in a good spot" a few days ago, with the comment section filled with people trashing the game and being upvoted.

(And I don't blame them, really. The game getting featured on more esport events isn't gonna fix battle lounges and clunky netcode, sorry to say...)

Eventhubs comment section is just lunatic.

Rahab430 said on March 21, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.

I've said this in the past, but there's a ton of passion in these threads when we talk about whether or not Street Fighter V is a "good game" or not.

Here's the thing, I like this game. I enjoy playing it and I've learned a lot while playing it.

That said, it has its flaws. Quite a few of them.

But at the end of the day, we're a video game community talking about a video game. Video games are supposed to be fun.

Can we have fun? I sure am. So is PR Balrog it seems.

Positivity is ok. Negativity is ok, as long as both sides allow these opinions to be shared and respected.

Just a thought.

Kavey said on March 21, 2017 at 8:34 a.m.

It's funny how in this article

The hating on SFV comments are the greenest of green, and the pro SFV or even remotely positive ones are made fun of or down voted to the depths of hell. Now in this comment section it is the complete reverse.

And Pr Rog's suppose to be the Flip-flopper.

Jonay said on March 21, 2017 at 8:37 a.m.

Yeah for real. I like both 4 and 5, but I'll never understand how people can prefer ultra combos over VT as a comeback mechanic. Urien Argis reflector shenanigans still require skill, and as the defender you can still get yourself out of them if you have strong defence. Conversely in SF4 you had Ultras like Yun confirming into a cinematic sequence of him riding around on his opponent like a skateboard for 20 seconds.

I'll take VT over Ultras any day, thanks. We just need more than one VT per character. Hopefully that's in Capcom's plans.

Fallenrose777 said on March 21, 2017 at 8:45 a.m.

Don't talk about Yun's U2 like that. That Ultra was amazing. When I played Yun I didn't even U1 even though it was better because U2 was so awesome.

GiBGUN said on March 21, 2017 at 9 a.m.

Not even close. We can pretend you're right if it'll cheer you up though? If we're going to pretend then better stop reading:

- I like SFV, and want it to succeed, but to me, ensuring the games success requires both championing its high points, but also acknowledging areas that require improvement. I have a concern that the latter *may* not occur if everyone with a voice decides to skip over these things because they don't want to bite the hand that feeds.

- I can fully empathise with pro players who have opted to talk wholly positively about the game, but it concerns me that if both Capcom and Pro Players opt to take this stance, there is a possibility that core issues may be swept under the rug - if Capcom and the loudest voices are unanimously singing the games praises, and ignoring problems, that *could* be concerning. I don't want a repeat of the 'fix' to survival mode. That approach doesn't bode well with me

- Tournaments are getting more and more exciting. I'm loving watching these matches. I think 2017 will be a very interesting year for SFV

GiBGUN said on March 21, 2017 at 9:04 a.m.

If you say anything negative about SFV you're a hater, if you say anything positive you're a liar - Eventhubs 2017.

Kapirotto said on March 21, 2017 at 9:46 a.m.

The secret of happiness: A game company releases a patch that buffs your character.

Load more comments