Newest Injustice 2 trailer really brings out the claws - Cheetah's moveset shown off in much more detail

Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • March 20, 2017 at 7:23 a.m. PDT

Although we did already see Cheetah in the game back when NetherRealm Studios released their Here Come The Girls trailer, her spotlight was shared with a bunch of other characters, and we didn't really get to see that much of what she's capable of.

Today, she gets her very own character trailer, so if this is one of the fighters you've been interested in, make sure to check out her ruthless agility for yourself. Here are a few images to get you started.

Injustice 2 Cheetah Character Trailer Gallery image #1 Injustice 2 Cheetah Character Trailer Gallery image #2 Injustice 2 Cheetah Character Trailer Gallery image #3 Injustice 2 Cheetah Character Trailer Gallery image #4 Injustice 2 Cheetah Character Trailer Gallery image #5 Injustice 2 Cheetah Character Trailer Gallery image #6
Click images for larger versions

Check out the full video below.

This video comes courtesy of the Injustice YouTube channel. Thanks to RedandHot and Beez Sting Me for sending this in.

Comments

BornReady said on March 20, 2017 at 7:28 a.m.
Owlflame said on March 20, 2017 at 7:49 a.m.

She looks cool. I'm not a fan of the character herself, but hey she probably has fans.

Now for Lobo, Lex and Constantine.

soulspark said on March 20, 2017 at 7:51 a.m.

what do you guys think will be the better game?

Injustice 2 or Tekken 7

Zephyrus said on March 20, 2017 at 8:04 a.m.

Different beasts. Can't really compare 2d with 3d fighters. It's like comparing 1st person shooters with 3rd person shooters.

Both will offer around the same amount of content so you should have plenty to do when the games come out.

I'm getting both though. Just not sure if I buy injustice on day 1. Roster isn't that appealing to me and the vast majority of newcomers do nothing for me too.

That said, the game looks really fun.

Discane said on March 20, 2017 at 8:06 a.m.
Tsujimatsu said on March 20, 2017 at 8:13 a.m.

Wonder how many characters they'll have in the end. Seems like they'll keep the DLC going for as long as possible.

malcrash01 said on March 20, 2017 at 8:22 a.m.

Ultra Street Fighter 2

MisguidedAngel said on March 20, 2017 at 8:23 a.m.

More like a Maximum Spider tribute, I'd say haha.

I'm more excited personally for this than Tekken, but I will definitely be getting both! The two games are very different. I think if you're just a fighting game fan you'll love both.

belabdel said on March 20, 2017 at 8:31 a.m.

looks very nice!!!!

HyperGadoken said on March 20, 2017 at 8:34 a.m.

Big fan of the command grabs,not so much thr Batgirl rising uppercut,Alien krawl, and the Wack-Simum spider move

Galletano said on March 20, 2017 at 8:44 a.m.

Cheetahlicious

Hypermarth said on March 20, 2017 at 8:45 a.m.

I'm not a huge fan of 3D fighters, but I think Tekken 7 will be much much better.

That_guy_who_plays_DOA said on March 20, 2017 at 8:46 a.m.

You realize that was just for the beta... right? You can choose not to play with enhancements.
Player bases are always divided. Some prefer lobby, some prefer ranked, some prefer king of the hill. Your argument is nonexistent.

tsukishiro111 said on March 20, 2017 at 8:46 a.m.

That last part of her duper had such poor animations

There is also no oomph to her slashes

Simply adding a shiny red streak does not work nrs

Discane said on March 20, 2017 at 8:53 a.m.

And they divide this all on 2.
Ranked/2
lobby/2
casual matches/2

They made big mechanic, just to ignore by competitive players.

GensDisciple said on March 20, 2017 at 8:54 a.m.

This was the character I was least interested in but now she's starting to warm up to me.

GensDisciple said on March 20, 2017 at 8:57 a.m.

Injustice 2!!!!! Superheroes!!!

HooliganComboFTW said on March 20, 2017 at 8:59 a.m.

So what your saying is that maybe 1% that buys the game will ignore it for competive reasons.

Tekken/Soul Calibur used to have the same thing with customs and magically that did not make the game implode with split player base

That_guy_who_plays_DOA said on March 20, 2017 at 9:01 a.m.

Lol what? There is no ranked with equipment, unless you read something I didn't. The "big mechanic" obviously was never meant for ranked, it's just fun on the side like Smash 4 customs but better. I don't understand this concept you have where a plethora of content for everyone = bad for the consumer. Reeeeally think about what you're saying here because... I can't comprehend it.

That_guy_who_plays_DOA said on March 20, 2017 at 9:02 a.m.

Haters gonna hate, probably heard his older brother complain about it or is parroting Reddit.

Discane said on March 20, 2017 at 9:06 a.m.

Tekken still has weapons and active costume parts wich can be used in any mode include ranked.
And it kinda sad if only 1% of players will play ranked.

BluegrassNutmeg said on March 20, 2017 at 9:08 a.m.

Cheetara costume please!

Rawrgna said on March 20, 2017 at 9:09 a.m.

Taokaka's Astral heat?

Balrog1984 said on March 20, 2017 at 9:13 a.m.

Look who's talking, hilarious!

Milicona said on March 20, 2017 at 9:44 a.m.

It does seem even on dark stages they have brightened things up a bit, which is nice.

Gorehound said on March 20, 2017 at 9:46 a.m.

I was expecting an X-Ray at the end of her super!

Rahul_S said on March 20, 2017 at 9:59 a.m.

That booty though. Super reminds me of Decapre dcm.

Yarott said on March 20, 2017 at 9:59 a.m.

Only one thing is missing here:

Green016 said on March 20, 2017 at 10:14 a.m.

Looks cool but her super is beyond dull. They couldn't do better than that?

Abbadon36 said on March 20, 2017 at 10:16 a.m.

I was going to say saying like "boring is all this character can be"
But the end stuff being shown was ok.
the character is pretty limited and outdated but the weird command grab combos seems interesting if that is what i saw

Mac_Gargan said on March 20, 2017 at 10:23 a.m.

Cheetah's face...the one face they forgot to fix.

omgitsjulian said on March 20, 2017 at 10:42 a.m.

Her super is a bit on the bland side, but over all i like what they did to her.

AngriestAngryArtist said on March 20, 2017 at 10:51 a.m.

I actually like that EX midair dive kick/pounce into ground bounce :D

SJFox said on March 20, 2017 at 10:59 a.m.

Pay attention. Stats don't effect rank matches.

ThaiSenpai said on March 20, 2017 at 11:02 a.m.

Can't lie this trailer really makes you want to play her. Good job

Zenfluence said on March 20, 2017 at 11:08 a.m.

Ummmmm...in other words...the exact same as SF4-5? Lol

You either play Ranked with no Gear stats or regular player match or Lobbies with stats.

cuzzo said on March 20, 2017 at 11:09 a.m.

Cheetah may be the best character I've seen announced so far. She's looks like a lot of fun to play. I wasn't as excited for the girls trailer but this trailer here does her justice. No pun intended.

Discane said on March 20, 2017 at 11:56 a.m.

In SF4-5 you don't have useless in ranked feature wich developers claimed as main feature of the game.

canadiansamurai said on March 20, 2017 at 12:16 p.m.

I wasn't sure about buying this game, Now I'm sold!

ScrubStep said on March 20, 2017 at 12:26 p.m.

Oh jeez, 1:05: overhead-low-overhead. hope the netcode is good.

Le_Perique said on March 20, 2017 at 12:52 p.m.

DC chars are awful!

soulspark said on March 20, 2017 at 12:53 p.m.

hell naw lol
I'm pretty split between tekken or injustice ... i only want one though

codenamedois said on March 20, 2017 at 1:17 p.m.

Netherrealm's chars models are awful. DC's chars are fine when they are in good hands. =\

pegotaku said on March 20, 2017 at 1:20 p.m.

She looks like a mix-up heavy grappler with some quick and interesting ways to get in, like her pounce, dive, crawl, etc. Seems pretty fun, and she'll probably be a terror when she's in your face. Gonna have to keep her away with projectiles, traps, and/or long reach.

GamerBear said on March 20, 2017 at 2:36 p.m.

Reminds me of MKX Mileena with those combos into grabs.

SteveO said on March 20, 2017 at 3:42 p.m.

it's meant to look like a cheetah tho...

fawaz said on March 20, 2017 at 4:18 p.m.

Not impressed by her design. Also seems that they didn't try much to make her super look as cool as others'.

cadnexus said on March 20, 2017 at 4:49 p.m.

Two different types of fighting games. Tekken 7 is better than Injustice 2 for 3D (because it's made for it), Injustice 2 is better in 2D. Injustice 2 has more going on for itself like super heroes, better interactive elements and environments, and more style.

Tekken 7 is an iconic 3D fighter, but Injustice has iconic billionaire business DC characters. Better is more for preference, but more fun is the real question. Injustice 2 looks more fun for me.

cadnexus said on March 20, 2017 at 4:58 p.m.

I'm not impressed by her design as well, but her super is actually good in my opinion. It's her Maximum Cheetah!

Would you prefer Cheetah to look like this (her current look):

Or This:

Or This:

streetfanatic said on March 20, 2017 at 5:02 p.m.

Good variations.

fawaz said on March 20, 2017 at 5:03 p.m.

I was hoping for this:

:P

cadnexus said on March 20, 2017 at 5:06 p.m.

Hmmm..that's a good one!

mUpKnrush said on March 20, 2017 at 5:34 p.m.

Depends on your definition of better. I think injustice will be better for superhero fans, mk fans and win in the story and casual appeal where Tekken will likely be better in the technical fighting aspect of games. For me I'd rather just play VF over Tekken any day and I don't really have anything like injustice so I'm more excited for i2(also I'm a DC comics fan and swamp thing looks boss)

HyperViperNZ said on March 20, 2017 at 5:51 p.m.

She looks cool. Going to be another game I'm gonna have trouble deciding who to main.

MisguidedAngel said on March 20, 2017 at 7:17 p.m.

That's my biggest problem with the game... there's at least 7 characters I want to use day 1 haha.

It's a good problem to have, I guess.

dugthefreshest said on March 20, 2017 at 11:58 p.m.

Lands stage specific attack, game goes to 30fps. Those cutscenes sure to take a lot of horsepower...

Aaqibrawat91 said on March 21, 2017 at 9:51 a.m.

Should have been vixen

I feel like injustice 2 is full of b listers

MisguidedAngel said on March 21, 2017 at 12:49 p.m.

How is Cheetah a b-lister compared to Vixen? She's been in way more media outside of the comics.

Vixen has just had the teen-soap WB shows.