Lucius' Street Fighter 5 Season 2 Ibuki tier list

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • March 20, 2017 at 2:46 p.m. PDT

RnK|Lucius recently put together a Street Fighter 5 Season tier list for Ibuki using our Street Fighter 5 tiers section.

Lucius is known mainly for the string of excellent highlight reels from online matches, beginning during the Street Fighter 4 era and continuing now with Street Fighter 5. If you need a refresher, be sure to click here.

The chart gives us an idea of how the player feels Ibuki stacks up against the rest of the game's roster. We see that Lucius feels Ibuki has four match ups that are in her favor, 11 that are even, and eight that she is disadvantaged in.

Check out the list below.

Lucius' Street Fighter 5 Season 2 tier list image #1
Click images for larger versions

Do you agree with this tier chart? Let us know in the comments below.

Comments

Exos8806 said on March 20, 2017 at 2:51 p.m.

I don't know....
That's a lot of unfavorable matchups for a really good character

vindeeezel said on March 20, 2017 at 2:54 p.m.

I know Balrog and Laura are stupid this season but no way they're 3-7 for Ibuki. I think she's mostly 5-5 across the board except for a handful of braindead characters and Fang, but worst case is 4-6

CODYYY said on March 20, 2017 at 2:55 p.m.

guy makes it look like she is mid.

i guess xian just got away with a lot of fake crap. still, that target combo confirm is stupidly good.... LP, MP and if they are blocking just go into LK and its safe... you can even press jab after it cause its a frame trap.

ibuki isnt top 5, but she is really strong.

Exos8806 said on March 20, 2017 at 2:59 p.m.

That target combo ending with lk is actually-2 don't let them get away with fake pressure

CODYYY said on March 20, 2017 at 3:01 p.m.

i guess i will have to go into training mode then. cause i was trying to fight ibuki with urien and i had no idea what to do against her.

Absolutelyy said on March 20, 2017 at 3:04 p.m.

lol

Exos8806 said on March 20, 2017 at 3:04 p.m.

She has the same kinda flowchart strings as bison and rashid. It's like the attacks don't end and if you push a button you get CCd

diddykv said on March 20, 2017 at 3:14 p.m.

I don't agree with most of this.

I can see why Guile, Urien and Balrog are bad matchups, maybe Rashid, but that's it.

Laura is Laura, but on paper this matchup should not be 7-3, especially since Ibuki has access to full invincible reversal (which most characters don't) and Laura has to guess on her bomb set ups, just like most of the cast. Cammy has better neutral, but can die from one successful reset. Mika, like Laura has no defense and can die as easily as she can kill, and in both cases Ibuki has the edge in neutral and in defensive terms.

We have seen Fuudo and Mago saying she is top 3, and Tokido and Momochi agreeing. So I just cannot conceive that four SF legends would be so wrong about this character (which I'm making my secondary), but I also hope Xian could help us on this matter. I would trust his opinion (taken together with the four japanese aforementioned) the most.

Master Xian, please help us!

dvjr22 said on March 20, 2017 at 3:15 p.m.

No way she has 8 bad MUs, especially 3-7 ones. I'm not as good as this guy, & I disagree w/ most of those. I think, not that anyone cares, her only bad MUs are Gief and Vega. I think she fights most of the top tiers real well.

SSfox said on March 20, 2017 at 3:21 p.m.

PANTSUUUUUUUU

WanderlustGeek said on March 20, 2017 at 3:36 p.m.

As an ibuki main. I think her hardest mu is guile. I think she has a hard time vs chun Vega Urien cammy maybe rashid but I haven't seen him lately. But really if she can get vtrigger she can kill anyone in the game just like mika.

ABMone said on March 20, 2017 at 3:48 p.m.

Why is Vega a bad matchup? I assume because of range? But ibuki gets in for free on me with jump kunai or stupid teleports.

Somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong because I lose to every ibuki

Green016 said on March 20, 2017 at 3:48 p.m.

Uh no

BlankaBeast said on March 20, 2017 at 3:54 p.m.

Clearly the opinions of an Ibuki player.

This is why matchup charts are real tier lists.

Go here:

Look at the ibuki row under top 10,000

Done.
No opinions needed.

Goukendo said on March 20, 2017 at 3:57 p.m.

Personally I disagree with Vega and Mika being bad matchups. Regardless, I'm tempted to drop Chun for her.

diehart4 said on March 20, 2017 at 4:01 p.m.

Hard to punish that dash consistently unless Ibuki user is spamming ... the dash should be highly negative on block cancels

Balrog1984 said on March 20, 2017 at 4:10 p.m.

Thats just bull...

CharmingRogue said on March 20, 2017 at 4:16 p.m.

Chun even, lel

CharmingRogue said on March 20, 2017 at 4:18 p.m.

This is assuming that all these players in top 10.000 understand the matchup and the character at a high level. I would trust a tierlist from a Pro player a lot more than a tierlist pulled from online stats from random players that have no clue what they are doing.

BlankaBeast said on March 20, 2017 at 4:21 p.m.

3 bad matchups.

Bison, Birdie, Balrog.

And just barely.

That's it.

BlankaBeast said on March 20, 2017 at 4:34 p.m.

Super plats and higher know how to play their characters well.

Just like super plat and higher ibuki players know how to play ibuki well.

There is no bias in these numbers.

One person is a huge possibility of bias, no matter how 'pro' they are.

Numbers = 0 bias
One person = possible 100% bias since they see the world through ibuki's eyes.

Only pros that play ALL characters a WHOLE LOT can overcome this.

LPN is the best example, but even he doesn't play everyone.

Clamper said on March 20, 2017 at 4:36 p.m.

Maximum autism.

BlankaBeast said on March 20, 2017 at 4:42 p.m.

Hello Clamper,(in my best hello Newman voice of Jerry Seinfeld)

Very helpful.

As always.

Clamper said on March 20, 2017 at 4:45 p.m.

You're acting like a complete idiot bringing up an online tier list with 10.000 players EVERY TIME someone discusses a tier list. Nobody cares for this trash, stop making a fool of yourself.

dvjr22 said on March 20, 2017 at 4:46 p.m.

You're probably not keeping the right distance, which is easy to do with claw on.

BlankaBeast said on March 20, 2017 at 5:01 p.m.

You're not the boss of anyone online, and being rude only makes you look bad.

Again, numbers aren't biased, people are.

Simple concept, really.

Clamper said on March 20, 2017 at 5:05 p.m.

Numbers don't matter when the sample is a MESS.

bagel_bytez said on March 20, 2017 at 5:15 p.m.

Ibukis worst matchup is her own damn face

deteknician said on March 20, 2017 at 5:16 p.m.

yes opinions needed cause that's all tier lists are; a collection of opinions. google what the word fact is.

BlankaBeast said on March 20, 2017 at 5:17 p.m.

If you think upwards of 80% super plat and higher players are a 'mess' then you need to learn how the ranking system works.

It's quite good now that rage quitting is under control.

Maybe your internet is terrible and all your matches online are bad, but from my point of view, that is a VERY good sample.

Great mix of skill vs skill and enough players of every character, including FANG.

SFViper said on March 20, 2017 at 5:17 p.m.

My personal bad matchups with Ibuki are Balrog, Bison, and Zangief

NotDemented7 said on March 20, 2017 at 5:19 p.m.

The community commenting on Mu's for a character they said was lowtier before seeing Xian play Ibuki LEL

BlankaBeast said on March 20, 2017 at 5:20 p.m.

You don't need to Google the definition of a word when you know 1+1=2 is the purest fact that exists.

Math.

MyKiLL said on March 20, 2017 at 5:53 p.m.

Y'all need to chill, this is just a matter of perspective.

A player who has a habit of confidently steamrolling folks is of course gonna have a different view on tiers as opposed to everyone else here in the comments. Back in SF4, I mained Oni. From my perspective, Blanka and Honda were his worst match ups because I played a rushdown-heavy Oni who had trouble pressuring and damaging small characters like them.

Despite all the noise about Viper and Chun being his worst MU's, I didn't have much of a problem with them, but that's the point. Other Oni's had trouble with them, I didn't. Ergo if my own tierlist were to be dissected, the general consensus of who's MU's are worst or favorable would try to crucify me as well. It's not a matter of who's wrong or right, just a matter of who's behind the wheel versus everyone else. These opinions from pro's could very well give you a perspective you might not of considered, so I'd fall back on calling individual lists garbage or otherwise.

Surely Xian's Ibuki has a different perspective, because his playstyle with her is different than the masses and I'm confident a lot of you would try crucifying him as well.

Abbadon36 said on March 20, 2017 at 6:22 p.m.

I dont believe the Balrog thing for a minute.
Her buttons can beat alot of Rogs buttons and stop his bs full screen dash punches.
I dont believe she is top tier though>
It's just a knee jerk reaction.
She good but in an average way.
Then when she has the bombs she is better but gimmicks wont win tournaments consistently.
I think Fuudo lost just cause it was a guessing game it Xain was gonna pull off the mix up correctly.

Zephyrus said on March 20, 2017 at 6:53 p.m.

listen lucius, I like your ibuki but that matchup list is absolute bullsh*t.

Spabobin said on March 20, 2017 at 8:18 p.m.

more like Who?cius

Lucius said on March 20, 2017 at 9:17 p.m.

im sad the great Spapobin doesnt know me :(
anyway this is just my personal feeling about the Match ups guys, i dont know them all perfectly and i assume there is some where i just have personal issues, still im pretty sure she's not as high as some japanese top players seems to think she is.

chesterr01 said on March 20, 2017 at 9:20 p.m.

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man." -Dude

I really like your Ibuki, btw!

tedda87 said on March 20, 2017 at 9:43 p.m.

her dash it negative. you can press any button to beat her on any dash!

Doh_Simpson said on March 21, 2017 at 1:28 a.m.

Nah I think from ultraplat or Diamond players is where they truly get the game and understand how it plays . Everyone below is still really random .

CoffeeClub said on March 21, 2017 at 3:18 a.m.

I always destroy her with Birdie.

Saul_T_Runbax said on March 21, 2017 at 10:05 a.m.

interesting. i actually use ibuki as a counter pick against guile. the ex kunai and command dash make it a lot easier to get in imo.

kidxMatsuda said on March 21, 2017 at 11:30 a.m.

Laura vs Ibuki is 5-5 and the same with Balrog.