Tekken 7 adding some of the most goofy things you'll see in a fighting game - and I totally want them

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 11, 2017 at 4:16 p.m. PST

Tekken 7 has some of the most ridiculous custom items available to players, and I badly want them.

These items include animations which activate as you fight with them equipped.

Although, if Akuma is able to use his shotgun during the course of the match, it might create a slightly unfair advantage...

Kidding aside, these items are just for visually enhancing your characters, but these are some of the most goofy, and yet still awesome, things I've seen in a fighting game.

Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #1 Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #2 Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #3 Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #4 Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #5 Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #6

Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #7 Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #8 Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #9 Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #10 Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #11 Tekken 7 ridiculous custom items image #12

From the official Tekken website.

Comments

Reality2k said on March 11, 2017 at 4:18 p.m.

The AIDS of Tekken at this point. I really really wish they added an option so that when you fought online your opponent would visually look on your screen as the default character.

BumbleBee said on March 11, 2017 at 4:19 p.m.

See, Capcom ? THAT'S how you give a gun to a character !

zUkUu said on March 11, 2017 at 4:20 p.m.

Seriously, I hate this crap. Give me an option to disable that sht on my end at least. Some minor flavor items are cool, but this is way too obnoxious.

Fethennour said on March 11, 2017 at 4:20 p.m.

And you haven't seen them in action. Some are really funny.

SSfox said on March 11, 2017 at 4:22 p.m.

I miss Seiichi Ishii

CKNG said on March 11, 2017 at 4:25 p.m.

customizing my king to cosplay beowulf at day one, no doubt

SSfox said on March 11, 2017 at 4:26 p.m.

BTW Some characters like Xiaoyu or Lili have some good options you can see them in the link source, but obviously EH just choose to show the silliest ones.

NewWorldOrderZx said on March 11, 2017 at 4:27 p.m.

AKUMA+GUN= RAGING BULLETS

CODYYY said on March 11, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.

i really dont like it. i really hope you can turn them off on your screen. unlikely though.

LupusHound said on March 11, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.

DIE ONE THOUSAND BULLETS!!

NyuBomber said on March 11, 2017 at 4:35 p.m.

Some people dislike the abundance of goofy customization options in modern Tekken.

I am not one of those people.

darthvenom said on March 11, 2017 at 4:41 p.m.

SATSUI NO DRACO

Cmon_Get_Serious said on March 11, 2017 at 4:46 p.m.

Tekken is srs business guyz. You need to take seriously the fighting game starring schoolgirls vs boxing kangaroos

BluegrassNutmeg said on March 11, 2017 at 4:50 p.m.

I kind of remember being like 18yrs-25yrs old and thinking everything had to be super serious. No colour, awesome armour and sh*t like that. Buuuut then I just chilled the f*ck out and started enjoying the more fun side of games. Bring on the goofiness and colour!!! I can't wait for the cat girl, forget her name. I appreciate Capcom's sense of humour as well.

Galletano said on March 11, 2017 at 4:51 p.m.

Sentient chimney gigas with two icream scoops.

Dragunov twelve cosplay.

Bryan Skeletor cosplay

This was just today, there are plenty more.

BurningVigor said on March 11, 2017 at 4:52 p.m.

Meh. Ugly looking but it never bothered me in Tekken 6.

malcrash01 said on March 11, 2017 at 4:53 p.m.
SSfox said on March 11, 2017 at 4:56 p.m.

Obviously KOF is instead a serious Game i guess

KAPPA

rlt4life said on March 11, 2017 at 5 p.m.

Tekken- where people are okay with fighting bears, hunks of wood and kangaroos, but wearing a punching bag on your head is taking it too far.

LeonX said on March 11, 2017 at 5:05 p.m.

I'm so sorry for people that don't enjoy the fun factor of Tekken :)

And for people that don't want to censor the other people's creative, you guys are awesome!

XDIEX said on March 11, 2017 at 5:05 p.m.

Man everyone is so serious... lighten up and just have some fun.

Byzantine_Mage said on March 11, 2017 at 5:07 p.m.

LOL that second char is even more silly than Alex

HyperViperNZ said on March 11, 2017 at 5:08 p.m.

So neutral about all this.

CODYYY said on March 11, 2017 at 5:08 p.m.

what the hell does fun have to do with this? i dont like some of these awful accessories. i wanna turn them off. simple.

a car on akumas head, its dumb as ***.

Cmon_Get_Serious said on March 11, 2017 at 5:09 p.m.

KOF is one of the most hardcore fighters in the FGC. Nothing gets the blood boiling like a fight between kawaii popstars and brazilian weeaboos

Byzantine_Mage said on March 11, 2017 at 5:10 p.m.

That happens in every Tekken related post in EH. Either they will only show the silly ones or the wrong ones lol.

KingKong said on March 11, 2017 at 5:13 p.m.

King's chair, Bob's beer hat, even Akuma's shotgun are alright I guess, but having small cars and dishes on top of their heads is just plain dumb man. Not to mention it looks weird, and out of place, as if Tekken needed more weirdness. Whoever approved of that did NOT make the right move. That doesn't even qualify as 'ridiculous', it's just plain stupid man.
I mean, a car??? really??? a freaking weather vane??? What the hell??? This better be an april's fool leak

BumbleBee said on March 11, 2017 at 5:15 p.m.

That killed me ! :D Nice one.

KingKong said on March 11, 2017 at 5:17 p.m.

Finally someone who gets it. There are ton of fun items in there, but some of them are legit bad, there is NO denying that.

Byzantine_Mage said on March 11, 2017 at 5:22 p.m.

For anyone interested in Skullomania Dragunov and other cool costumes from the newest spring update:

Cmon_Get_Serious said on March 11, 2017 at 5:28 p.m.

For real though, I've always been neutral about this. Only time I really cared for it was when it gave us the chance to give characters classic looks i.e. Steve's boxing shorts. At the very least, they're less grating to see than the neon colors in SFxT.

freshprince said on March 11, 2017 at 5:45 p.m.

If akuma can get a shotgun then there's still hope for t hawk to get gun too lol

Heta said on March 11, 2017 at 5:45 p.m.

God bless Tekken. Making children smile around the world and me. Give a railgun to my girl Lili while you are at it and knight armor to whole female cast this time. That paladin armor looked awesome on Angel.

BlackGuile said on March 11, 2017 at 6:04 p.m.

God I hate this sh!t, give me an option to turn it off

Spades said on March 11, 2017 at 6:44 p.m.

DIE ONE THOUSAND HEADSHOTS!!

WaifuFightersII said on March 11, 2017 at 7:49 p.m.

Akuma with a god damn shotgun. Take my money!!!!!!

Samhain85 said on March 11, 2017 at 8:11 p.m.

I hope that there's an option to turn that garbage off during arcade mode.

ShoryuGouken said on March 11, 2017 at 8:46 p.m.

This, it's not affecting other people if you would just be allowed to disable it on your end.

Mondegreen said on March 11, 2017 at 9:16 p.m.

Items like these are the worst thing about Tekken.

masquedmonk said on March 11, 2017 at 9:17 p.m.

You know I'm down with all of this.

Discane said on March 11, 2017 at 11:10 p.m.

Weapons actually can be used in a fight.
No one in Tekken has projectiles? No, everyone has projectiles.

MatthewAran said on March 11, 2017 at 11:27 p.m.

lol Akuma has had enough of our s**t!

YTPHaruko said on March 12, 2017 at 12:22 a.m.

All these salty "mature" people wanting content removed becuase it doesn't cater to them.

NumeroGaijin said on March 12, 2017 at 12:51 a.m.

SHOTGONKUSATSU

GamerBear said on March 12, 2017 at 12:56 a.m.

Cool strawman, duud. Not a single comment here says anything about removing any of these, at most they've said they want to have the option to switch them off. Oh how selfish of them, to want an option that doesn't in any way affect anyone else.

Thesupernintendokid said on March 12, 2017 at 1:35 a.m.

Akuma holding a gun and having a car on his head makes me laugh, as is all the other characters, so I'm all in for this! Super serious characters doing stupid, ridiculous, or out of character stuff is really funny to me!

soulspark said on March 12, 2017 at 1:38 a.m.

the car on Akuma is dumb AF ... is there some kind of inside joke with the car or is it just a complete random item that some guy approved ...

VerminatorX said on March 12, 2017 at 4:56 a.m.

They put this s--t but no crossplay? Umm, kay.

Burning_Typhoon said on March 12, 2017 at 6:32 a.m.

So, the ones designing costume elements are the same guys in charge of cross functionality?

Anyway, guys. No, there will be no option to disable costumes, so lighten up. Many items have unique attributes, and some can even be used in combos... Like the shotgun.

I never did it in TTT2, but assuming the pie on the plate comes back, I will be smacking it in everyone's face, and laughing, as it sticks the entire match... round for round.

FightDirty said on March 12, 2017 at 7:17 a.m.

It's Tekken, what can you do? I can understand the weapons (shotgun, bazooka, chair, etc.) but the head accessories are full retard. There are plenty of Tekken players who love trolling with this nonsense.

ShinHayato said on March 12, 2017 at 7:48 a.m.

The good side of this accessories is that when Tekken arrives on PC, modders can make crazy stuff with these items for everyone in the roster, and use the assets on other games, I hope Injustice comes for PC too, so SFV, Tekken and Injustice which use Unreal Engine, can allow exchange stuff between games more easily.

Durant31 said on March 12, 2017 at 10:20 a.m.

Reminds me of Virtual Fighter

bornonamonday said on March 12, 2017 at 10:20 a.m.

I would rock this all day everyday if I played Bryan like I used to, Skeletor all up in this mofo. Hell I might pick him up again as a secondary for this outfit alone, I only stopped because he felt off after 5 and Asuka became my main.

xShonuffx said on March 12, 2017 at 11:09 a.m.

Mean while SF fans cried about facing neon color Ryu, Hulk Zangief and Sephiroth Akuma in SF games.

HooliganComboFTW said on March 12, 2017 at 11:11 a.m.

Got TTT2 PTSD

anon1010 said on March 12, 2017 at 12:43 p.m.

im gonna wear the most ridiculous, rage inducing accessories just to piss off the people in here that don't play the game

theshredder39 said on March 12, 2017 at 1:09 p.m.

Man I don't care what anyone says this is one of the reasons I love Tekken.

ryuhayabusa13 said on March 12, 2017 at 1:24 p.m.

As if Akuma needs a gun LOL

gokukog said on March 12, 2017 at 6:59 p.m.

Dante laughs at your comment.