Did Vergil just perform a Hyper Combo with less than a full bar of meter? Tyrant reveals apparent visual bug in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Posted by John 'Velociraptor' Guerrero • January 7, 2017 at 2:34 p.m. PST

While playing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 recently UM|Tyrant found that he could actually perform Vergil's Hyper Combo without technically having a full bar of meter.

In UMvC3 when a character completes a meter, the meter itself at the bottom of the screen clicks up to a higher number and changes color. In Tyrant's case, the number is still very clearly at a blue "0" when the Hyper Combo comes out.

Tyrant took a video of the happening to share with the rest of us so we could help try to make sense of it:

Click image for animated version

It may be that there's a discrepancy between when a meter is actually full and when the visual cue happens. This could possibly be unique to the new PlayStation 4 port of the game, seeing as we've never seen it before.

It doesn't seem to be game breaking, but is still something that should probably be fixed. Have you ever seen this before? If you can offer any further information, please enlighten us in the comments section below.

Comments

LeonHartEX said on January 7, 2017 at 2:42 p.m.

Vergil still being motivated without meter...

Scary! D=

NyuBomber said on January 7, 2017 at 2:46 p.m.

/thinkingcap

Some sort of visual glitch brought about by the something in the UI not being fully brought up to PS4-level fidelity with the rest of the game?

Wachenroder said on January 7, 2017 at 2:48 p.m.

exactly what i was thinking

vegetalcontains said on January 7, 2017 at 3:01 p.m.

Eventhubs writers:
Make a lobby to create a common agreement "draw" option in SFV

strider973 said on January 7, 2017 at 3:11 p.m.

i need Moar POWARRR

Rahavic said on January 7, 2017 at 3:14 p.m.

"but is still something that should probably be fixed." ?

By who? Lmao

CODYYY said on January 7, 2017 at 3:19 p.m.

can we finally ban vergil in tournaments? haha

RLAAMJR said on January 7, 2017 at 3:23 p.m.

I thought that was normal for some characters in UMVC3?

RLAAMJR said on January 7, 2017 at 3:24 p.m.

I'd be happy with that so we can see players using other characters?

DarkPhoenixRises said on January 7, 2017 at 3:45 p.m.

Same here I play this game so much I can pretty much calculate the meter build of every characters basic bnbs and one time I was sure I was going to survive a hawkeye bnb I kept my eye on his meter because if he got the gimlet i was dead.

I was so excited when he finished his combo with 0 bar but the player went for the hyper and it magically came out he sent me a message after that i remember it to this day "YOLO"

NyuBomber said on January 7, 2017 at 4:09 p.m.

By the people who ported the game? Asking for balance patches or new content is one thing, but asking for a look into a technical issue introduced by the port is not unreasonable, I think.

Yawdan said on January 7, 2017 at 4:17 p.m.

It's Vergil. Stuff like this from the character doesn't surprise me.

canadiansamurai said on January 7, 2017 at 5:25 p.m.

This is something that only cheating AI should be able to pull off

RLAAMJR said on January 7, 2017 at 5:37 p.m.

The glitch (if it's actually a glitch) is fine. What we need are more DLC characters for UMVC3. :)

ListonthePrince said on January 7, 2017 at 6:10 p.m.

You have to cancel high time into the teleport and then into the super. Maybe the teleport part give some meter. Someone should check.

BumbleBee said on January 7, 2017 at 7:09 p.m.

I guess, he needs... (shades on) less power !

EraserRain said on January 8, 2017 at 1:03 a.m.

Considering they ported the game and without anyone actually knowing it. It's possible they could do it. To be frank I think Disney acknowledging they are aware that we want a new MvC title and putting out UMvC3 on good faith to prove it is enough for me to really not care about patches for this game.

Yawdan said on January 8, 2017 at 7:51 a.m.

- Vergil's teleport doesn't give meter, not even when it's used to cancel a normal i.e. high time

- you don't have to cancel high time into teleport to hyper. You can go straight from high time into dimension slash (I think it's called).

ListonthePrince said on January 8, 2017 at 3:50 p.m.

oh ok lol. Well then I don't have a real explanation for it

iMTopTier said on January 9, 2017 at 11:37 a.m.

most players can't even play a different character