Every UMvC3 character KO'd in a split second - you've heard of a 'Happy Birthday' in Marvel vs. Capcom, but what about a 'Happy New Year'?

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 1, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. PST

In honor of it being the first day of the new year, we wanted to share a humorous clip that Lythero recently uploaded.

It shows all six members of a Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 match being KO'd in a split second, something he referred to as a 'Happy New Year'.

This is just a fun and lighthearted piece to help get your 2017 off to a good start.

Source: Lythero. John "Velociraptor" Guerrero contributed to this story.

Comments

sku said on January 1, 2017 at 6:33 p.m.

Have a Viewtiful new year, everybloody!

Jumpy666 said on January 1, 2017 at 6:39 p.m.

LeonHartEX said on January 1, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.

I believe that is actually the first time I've ever seen a draw in this game lol

Good stuff!

XxAngelChunLixX said on January 1, 2017 at 7:11 p.m.

This might sound dumb, but what's so special about those Hypers that would create that scenario? Like those aren't the most powerful ones, so what am I missing?

Yawdan said on January 1, 2017 at 7:11 p.m.

Merry new year! It's early morning on the 2nd here, but I guess we're ahead.

Beside, I comment on anything Marvel related by force.

Kusuro had his own Happy New Year video a few years back too.

Yawdan said on January 1, 2017 at 7:15 p.m.

Assist characters take increased damaged if they get hit while they are active. And as each team were getting hit by three hypers, which deal high damage individually let alone with other hypers, all the characters ended up dying at the same time.

RLAAMJR said on January 1, 2017 at 7:18 p.m.

Objection!

Blackoshinomi said on January 1, 2017 at 7:19 p.m.

That one marvel video sent you guys like 2days ago blows this video out the water lol

mr_b_420 said on January 1, 2017 at 7:20 p.m.

duh fck yo?

XxAngelChunLixX said on January 1, 2017 at 7:27 p.m.

I get that. What I'm confused about is why we're they able to die so easily? I know assists take more damage. But aside from Joe's Hyper, Dante's doesn't do burst damage, it does a lot of damage over time and they died way too quick for it to do that much damage, and Phoenix Wright's Hyper just doesn't do spectacular damage either. So was all of that immediate burst damage in Joe's Hyper? Like did they all die so quickly because of him alone?

massi4h said on January 1, 2017 at 7:40 p.m.

No mention that it's a throwback to this 4 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWxZj...

sku said on January 1, 2017 at 8:26 p.m.

I think they popped X-Factor REAL quick-like during screen freeze or something? Peeking through the... everything... I think I saw the X shimmy-shake, though admittedly I'm no Marvel expert.

XxAngelChunLixX said on January 1, 2017 at 8:48 p.m.

I'll watch it again and glue my eyes to the screen lol. Thanks ^^

RiptorRisen64 said on January 1, 2017 at 9:48 p.m.

That was perfect! Now I just need to find it in me to stop laughing. Excellent!

Shingo said on January 2, 2017 at 9:22 a.m.

2 reasons, those 3 characters are Lythero's team
The other is that Phoenix Wright and Viewtiful Joe's supers CAN'T BE STOPPED.
While many supers can be interrupted, Maya Fey is unstoppable and Joe's is a single shot. all character's receive the full damage of those 2 even if Dante's cancels itself.

UniversalWolf21 said on January 2, 2017 at 11:56 a.m.

From what I can tell, no Xfactor. You would be able to hear it, for one.

Its like Shingo said, Phoenix and Joe did all the damage here, and since the number was really low to begin with and the super was raw, there was no damage scaling to worry about.

Yoshibot67 said on January 2, 2017 at 2:11 p.m.

Hahaha! This made my year!

Shkodo said on January 2, 2017 at 6:44 p.m.

Heroes or heralds or damage on very high in options