Anti-air bomb confirms, unseeable side switches and so many mixups they'll leave your head spinning - Lucius' Ibuki is back, and it's even fiercer

Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • February 22, 2017 at 8:16 a.m. PST

RnK Clan's Lucius has been featured on our site before with his incredibly lethal Ibuki, and after the buffs she received for Season 2, he's back at it again.

This highlight video contains around 7 minutes of footage from actual matches, and there's so much incredible stuff going on in here, you might just get a new appreciation, or a new fear, for Street Fighter 5's main ninja girl. You can check out one nasty anti-air confirm via V-Trigger here.

Click image for animated version

Continue below to check out the full video.

Video courtesy of RnK Clan. Thanks to Sir_Kenjamin, Lucius, RnK Ichigo and M Foreigner for sending this our way.

Comments

malcrash01 said on February 22, 2017 at 8:20 a.m.

I really like the mix-ups on this video. Glad that Ibuki got the buffs she needed. Now I'm hoping for more fun, combo-esque characters to make it to SFV

Blackoshinomi said on February 22, 2017 at 8:24 a.m.

Pin and paper !

I think i found my study buddy for Ibuki for SFV

YoraiDragon said on February 22, 2017 at 8:27 a.m.

That was pretty neat.

bagel_bytez said on February 22, 2017 at 8:53 a.m.

I think I'd break my controller every time I lost to this guy. Street fighter would be a very expensive game. Good thing I'm no where near that rank to actually run into this guy.

KOTENGU said on February 22, 2017 at 8:56 a.m.

Ibuki is mad stylish. Too bad I'm garbage with her.

TenzoXX said on February 22, 2017 at 8:57 a.m.

I thought my ibuki was decent and then i saw this.......he makes me feel like im stuck on day 1 ibuki

dugthefreshest said on February 22, 2017 at 8:58 a.m.

After that AA bomb snipit, I will confirm, Capcom needs to nerf F. A. N. G IMMEDIATELY.

malcrash01 said on February 22, 2017 at 9:02 a.m.

Nerf him to make him already more weak and slow as he is right now?

vindeeezel said on February 22, 2017 at 9:06 a.m.

I think she's by far the most character fun to watch. With Ibuki you're only limited by your creativity. One of the few characters that's perfectly balanced too.

Enochrewt said on February 22, 2017 at 9:12 a.m.

I have no adblocker on and the gif clip is giving me adsense ads instead of the clip.

chemicalBirdkick said on February 22, 2017 at 9:20 a.m.

in capcom logic yes

Heta said on February 22, 2017 at 9:22 a.m.

Bueno! Speed of light Ibuki.

shekeib said on February 22, 2017 at 9:25 a.m.

pretty sure he was joking...

TheTHCGamer said on February 22, 2017 at 9:27 a.m.

Best Ibuki channel in my opinion since season 1. The editing and music for this video is still why its currently my favorite SFV youtube vid https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...

Hypermarth said on February 22, 2017 at 9:39 a.m.

The joke is that any time another character looks strong F.A.N.G needs to be nerfed.

BlankaBeast said on February 22, 2017 at 9:46 a.m.

Ibuki, rashid, vega, bison, zangief, juri

All better than lots of people think(based on tier lists, etc)

HADdaHUSTLA said on February 22, 2017 at 10:20 a.m.

I know right. That mp air reset into slide was ridiculous.

MrBrown said on February 22, 2017 at 10:53 a.m.

10/10 for combos in video.
Throw up /10 for music in video.

MrBrown said on February 22, 2017 at 10:55 a.m.

Yeah, but I just switched to Vega and I think he struggles a lot now. Claw is for footies, but this game doesn't reward playing footies. Also, in claw you don't get command grab and no reliable AA.

Bokator said on February 22, 2017 at 11:22 a.m.

In think Ibuki and Juri are severely underrated. To an extent FANG too.
I hate playing against FANG, so offensive and tough to beat.

Jonay said on February 22, 2017 at 11:41 a.m.

Amazing.

My favorite part was the air throw sequence at 3:00. It's one thing to pull this kind of thing off in training, but to pull it off in a match is ridiculous. I always get the wrong bomb when I try pairing VT with air throw. :(

DarkMestuHadou said on February 22, 2017 at 3:18 p.m.

Free cross-unders/through.
Resets.
Juggles.
So hard to punish her.

Nerf her stun output at least cause another free combo is the last thing she needs

airbagtelex said on February 22, 2017 at 3:22 p.m.

awesome video, combos and mixups are on point, horrible music.

Batey9 said on February 22, 2017 at 4:11 p.m.

Sleeper top tier character, imo.

metaf4 said on February 22, 2017 at 4:53 p.m.

She will never be considered High Tier to the masses because most scrub/online players that are allergic to the Training Room will never be able to pull off most of her heavy set-up combos that you need in your bread and butter arsenal.

No matter how OP her "potential" is, unless Pros are going to start using her and convincingly make her an undeniably Top Tier, There will never be enough High Level Ibuki online presence to sway people to think otherwise.

She's a sleeper in this game because there's just no incentive to sit in the lab for months while you have "ready out the box" characters like Bison, Cammy and Necalli that you just need to press buttons with.

lindseyboi said on February 22, 2017 at 8:34 p.m.

Yo this is too good

downvote said on February 23, 2017 at 12:31 a.m.

She's definitely more for character specialists.

But I like that in fighting games. Easy to get into characters and lab characters should both exist.

Nag1 said on February 23, 2017 at 1:11 a.m.

I'm glad there's no vortex abuse in this game. Oh wait.

xBreeze said on February 23, 2017 at 7:27 a.m.

Not everyone wants to pick "ready out of the box" characters. I'm still ultra bronze and learning and I exclusively play as Ibuki. Used Ken for a bit but I find him boring. Learning with Ibuki is definitely a lot slower than with easier to use character but I get far more satisfaction even losing with Ibuki than I ever did from winning with Ken.

Also pros are starting to pick her up, Infiltration has been exploring her a bit the last I heard, Yukadon has dropped Nash to pick her up, Chris G uses her as a backup character and Xian was using her a bit in S1.

shoryukid said on February 24, 2017 at 4:32 a.m.

I thought she was good in s1 already and with her buffs i would definitely put her in the upper tiers

I suppose she isnt as easy to use compared to other characters because shes lacking in good pokes and initially you think her damage output is lower. she can be very high risk high reward at times.

but i play a very mixup/vortex based style so there isnt really a character that i worry about with her.im not saying i dominate but i cant really think of a bad matchup

shoryukid said on February 24, 2017 at 4:38 a.m.

i actually hoped she doesnt do that great in tournaments because i dont want them to change her.

i didnt even want them to buff her in s1.

all thats probably going to happen now to her is nerfs