Cody's brother and Dan's (non-canon?) sister detailed in CFN profiles - Get to know Kyle and Yuriko, family members of some classic Street Fighters

Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • February 20, 2017 at 1:13 p.m. PST

We've got some brand new family member action this time around, with the main protagonist of the not-so-spectacular Final Fight: Streetwise as well as Dan's walking SNK reference of a sister, Yuriko.

You can check out Kyle right here.

Street Fighter 5 Kyle image #1
Click images for larger versions

Continue below for Kyle's full profile, as well as Yuriko's image and full profile.

Introduction

A young man from Metro City.

He's got a cool and serious personality.

Apparently there's something going on with his older brother... ?

Basic info

Name: Kyle
Height: 187cm
Weight: 75kg
Blood type: A
Birthday: Unknown
Country of origin: U.S.A.
Likes: Beer, motorcycles, his girlfriend
Dislikes: Police

Profile

He has a military record, and regularly participates in underground fighting tournaments held during nighttime.

He currently makes his living by going to the gym, honing his body, and using his swift punches to beat his opponents for money.

He's a rookie who still has loads of potential to get stronger.

Apparently, he likes billiards.

Street Fighter 5 Yuriko image #1
Click images for larger versions

Introduction

This time, we have a pretty rare character.

It's Dan Hibiki's little sister (in a separate universe).

She's a good sister, who while taking care of her school life, also worries about her wayward brother.

Apparently, she's also a softball pitcher.

Basic info

Name: Yuriko Hibiki
Height: 169cm
Weight: 63kg
Blood type: A
Birthday: 7th of December
Country of origin: Japan
Likes: Cake, her big brother
Dislikes: Mecha Akuma, seaweed

Profile

She's a highly curious young girl.

She carefully follows her brother around the world without him noticing, as he tries to spread the word of Saikyo Ryu throughout the planet. (Dan didn't notice, the players didn't notice, and even the developers didn't notice).

Yuriko herself has no interest at all in martial arts, and wishes her brother would calm down a bit.

She realizes her brother's business potential, and wishes to start up a mail order site together with him. (This is all in a separate universe).

All translations in this story were made by me, Nicholas "MajinTenshinhan" Taylor.

Source: 1, 2.

Comments

Mectrap said on February 20, 2017 at 1:15 p.m.

WTF this non-canon characters

NyuBomber said on February 20, 2017 at 1:17 p.m.

Could definitely see Brody making it in, maybe with some lead pipe action.

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 1:17 p.m.

I seriously want some insane twist that Dan found out that he couldn't save his sister in SFV. He vowed to take things more seriously and went back to Gouken to not exact revenge but to set things right. Gouken takes him back in, and Dan is the only ansatsuken practitioner to ever easily throw out a one handed hadoken similar to his master.

Combining both mastery from his once rival Sagat and Gouken, Dan's insane rushdown and counters is now feared.

....yeah n/m, they'll just make him a damn joke still.

SapphireGospel_17 said on February 20, 2017 at 1:20 p.m.

Hmm put Kyle in a future street fighter I'm down!

Rahab430 said on February 20, 2017 at 1:20 p.m.

Where are my Final Fight Streetwise fans at though?

Blackoshinomi said on February 20, 2017 at 1:23 p.m.

So there alternative universe in street fighter now ?

XxAngelChunLixX said on February 20, 2017 at 1:27 p.m.

When I saw "Dan's non canon sister" I immediately thought Ran Hibiki. Why tease me!?!! 😟😟

RoyalFlockaFlame said on February 20, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.

KYLE FREAKIN TRAVERS!!! YEAH!!!!
Man... He DESERVES a chance in #SFV :)
#Kyle4SFV #FinalFight

ygolonac said on February 20, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.

doesn't sakura have a little brother too in her alpha 2 stage?

CODYYY said on February 20, 2017 at 1:32 p.m.

Cody.... maybe you will get in SFV one day

But if his brother plays similar to him i would be all in. I have a few characters in SFV but i dont feel like i could main them forever like i did with cody. Cody is too hype

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 1:47 p.m.

Learn your lore.

Phtm_Miria said on February 20, 2017 at 1:51 p.m.

I thought I knew about Street Fighter characters more than most, but I never heard about this character! I too thought this was about Ran Hibiki, from Rival Schools, when I first read the banner.

Thanks for the source.

Also, Akuma is Dan's real dad confirmed!
Go Hibiki just adopted him!

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 1:53 p.m.

It can still be Ran in the current story telling. If capcom can make the dead comeback, i'm sure they got no problem giving Dan a sister that can fight :P

Kavey said on February 20, 2017 at 2:01 p.m.

Now they are just making up characters...

SpadeHand said on February 20, 2017 at 2:03 p.m.

You're an 09'er, and I forgive you

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 2:04 p.m.

Just like how they create new characters? yes they're supposed to do that.

Vurkolak_Envelopment said on February 20, 2017 at 2:10 p.m.

Kyle = Final Fight: Streetwise
Yuriko = Marvel Super Heroes VS. Street Fighter ending

Just in case anyone was wondering, not just you.

Kavey said on February 20, 2017 at 2:10 p.m.

It was a joke... relax.

I was mimicking Aris. SMH

BlueFast said on February 20, 2017 at 2:12 p.m.

Not sure how I'd feel if Kyle were put in with similar moves to Cody...

I think I still prefer Cody as a character

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 2:19 p.m.

You need to work on it. So is your neck, stop shaking it so much.

Kenshiro said on February 20, 2017 at 2:21 p.m.

In the gutter along with that awful, pathetic game.

Kavey said on February 20, 2017 at 2:22 p.m.

I don't get it. Anything you wrote in the comment this comment is replying to, I mean. Aris?

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 2:28 p.m.

LOL I meant work on your joke. I've only known Aris to do his typical name calling everything with the title LORD.

Kavey said on February 20, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.

Oh he has this thing where whenever an obscure character is released or talked about he dismisses them as made up characters.

Kijui said on February 20, 2017 at 2:32 p.m.

Yuriko, huh? I guess Ran isn't his sister after all, just a big coincidence.

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 2:35 p.m.

Ah, I think I remember him doing it in Tekken 7 reveals LOL

Kavey said on February 20, 2017 at 2:39 p.m.

Yeah he does it with Bule Beetle all the time, did it with Kolin too. heh

"Where's Necro" as if Necro isn't obscure haha "He'll probably have french fry hair and his legs on backwards"

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 2:53 p.m.

Heh, I actually used to play with Aris at a local game store when 3rd strike was around, he didn't have the humongous beard he has now.

bornonamonday said on February 20, 2017 at 3:11 p.m.

Game was crap, but I wouldn't mind rescuing some of the cast from it for a better project.

theshredder39 said on February 20, 2017 at 3:14 p.m.

Capcom seems to be down with the comic book style of making spin-offs somewhat canon by saying they take place in alternate universes to justify any inconcistancies

Xykes said on February 20, 2017 at 3:24 p.m.

"(Dan didn't notice, the players didn't notice, and even the developers didn't notice)."

Lol

Dongood said on February 20, 2017 at 3:28 p.m.

WOW, Maybe Aris just attracts Koreans... I remember you telling me you were Korean, am I right?

13th_Warrior said on February 20, 2017 at 3:35 p.m.

For God's sake someone got to tell Capcom White people aren't all BLOND!

Kavey said on February 20, 2017 at 3:36 p.m.

He's Korean? That is weird. I wish I grew up in arcades, sadly I'm a console pleb.

AwkHawk said on February 20, 2017 at 3:40 p.m.

It's the Marvel Super Heroes vs Capcom universe

RoyalFlockaFlame said on February 20, 2017 at 3:55 p.m.

Here bro! And excited to maybe soon, see my boy, The Man's brother, make it into a SF title! :)

RoyalFlockaFlame said on February 20, 2017 at 3:56 p.m.

But why does it say SNK above?

DarkPhoenixRises said on February 20, 2017 at 3:56 p.m.

Yeah eventhubs already posted the one with Sakura's little brother

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 4 p.m.

LOL no, I'm not korean. Indonesian to be exact. First time I met him was when he was 16 ish, we were rambunctious as hell. I was into Soul Calibur back then and he was also an avid Soul calibur player.

DIdn't hear much about him at the time until that unfortunate incident with SFXTK. I hope he's a much better person now.

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 4:03 p.m.

HAH! consider yourself lucky! playing in the arcades back then was risky as f*ck.

Playing on consoles back then was the sh*t that was during PS2 Era too!

Supr3mus2D said on February 20, 2017 at 4:11 p.m.

Maybe Kyle is one of the season pass fighters.
His collar fits with the shadow of one of them...
I wonder...

CityHunter said on February 20, 2017 at 4:13 p.m.

Street Wise is actually not that awful. The music was pretty great and still got one of the best cammy costume ever.

Dongood said on February 20, 2017 at 4:34 p.m.

Yeah he is, I must have mistaken you for someone else, my bad.

I don't even know why I'm on this thread TBH, funny enough I don't hate Streetwise with a passion as much as many seem to.

Now I'm in the mood for God Hand, for some reason I always associate the two, probably cause I bought and played both the same day.

grass said on February 20, 2017 at 4:40 p.m.

basically,it's their confession of"we have no idea of what to do to please our fan/customer base so we just doodle random artwork all day"

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 20, 2017 at 4:41 p.m.

God hand is great but the controls were absolutely horrid. I wouldn't mind somehow connecting Godhand with DMC...Even though DMC4 had a character with similar hand gimmick....FEK!

bornonamonday said on February 20, 2017 at 5:02 p.m.

I actually have Cammy modded to that outfit in SFV, even though I don't play her. I like it more than her classic one.

Also 'Its' by dujeous stays on my phone playlist.

Dodetsu said on February 20, 2017 at 5:25 p.m.

Heyooooooo!

Valentine said on February 20, 2017 at 6:27 p.m.

What's non-canon about them? I get Streetwise was always contradictory to the plot of FF and SF but I don't know what Hibiki's sister is all about.

And does any of it matter until they make an official appearance in games anyway?

They've done like 100+ CFN profiles about characters we'll probably never see and until that happens their canonical status doesn't really matter.

SpadeHand said on February 20, 2017 at 8:43 p.m.

With but a click of the mouse, Capcom made Final Fight fanfiction canon

kentoirc said on February 20, 2017 at 9:30 p.m.

I'd play Kyle. I liked Street Wise.

VanCityPlayboy said on February 20, 2017 at 9:56 p.m.

Yes to Kyle Travers, I am totally in for Kyle to be in SF5 along with Cody and Guy, Cammy was in FF Streetwise

VanCityPlayboy said on February 20, 2017 at 9:57 p.m.

I guess you never played Final Fight Streetwise?

ryuhayabusa13 said on February 21, 2017 at 12:01 a.m.

Ran hibiki photographer from rival schools ; be related to dan. Maybe a cousin

ninja_philosopher said on February 21, 2017 at 12:43 a.m.

A cheap joke involving Capcom developers makes Xykes Lol. hmm hmm Notes taken.

X_Axel said on February 21, 2017 at 10:36 a.m.

KYLE !!!!!!

X_Axel said on February 21, 2017 at 10:38 a.m.

We right here

Positive_Edge said on February 21, 2017 at 8:38 p.m.

Kyle would be cool for a future fighting game.

Final Fight StreetWise was nice.

Armagedon89 said on February 24, 2017 at 3:55 p.m.

so FF Streetwise is officially canon now?