Here's 10 minutes of Kolin footage from last night's Street Fighter X Lupe Fiasco event

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • February 16, 2017 at 6:27 p.m. PST

Capcom Fighters ran the live stream of the Street Fighter X Lupe Fiasco event. Celebrating the new DROGAS Light album release, the Capcom Pro Tour 2017 kick off, and Street Fighter 5 Season 2's next DLC fighter, there was much fighting game action to behold.

Attendees were able to try out Kolin, the game's next DLC fighter, for the first time. We saw quite a bit of footage of her last night, and for those who may have missed it, The BEAST uploaded a quick 10 minutes of Kolin footage from the event.

Below is a quick clip to get you started.

Click image for animated version

Hit the jump to see a handful of Kolin matches.

Source: The BEAST. Sent to us by Sir_Kenjamin.

Comments

delamarche said on February 16, 2017 at 6:32 p.m.

This is cool. GET IT. COOL.

... Damn she's not even released yet and I'm already out of ice puns.

NewWorldOrderZx said on February 16, 2017 at 6:36 p.m.

Damn shes hot in that white suit

FightGamerFight said on February 16, 2017 at 6:40 p.m.

Hey Kolin, ICE to meet ya!

malcrash01 said on February 16, 2017 at 6:43 p.m.

At least her gameplay is interesting. Hope more players make use out of her. Also, Kollin battle costume being a copy of Cammy's battle costume?

Rahavic said on February 16, 2017 at 6:44 p.m.

Gettin in dat ice! K let's stop this...

SFViper said on February 16, 2017 at 6:47 p.m.

Think I'm gonna pass on that nostalgic costume now. Not really feeling how it looks in match

bornonamonday said on February 16, 2017 at 6:48 p.m.

I wonder if it's just going to be a leotard if you do the item removal code.

malcrash01 said on February 16, 2017 at 6:52 p.m.

That nostalgic costume is now getting some cold reception, amiright?

NoizyChild said on February 16, 2017 at 6:55 p.m.

Y'all have no chill.

...Damn it.

XxAngelChunLixX said on February 16, 2017 at 6:56 p.m.

Her legs just seen disproportionate to her body. They're huge. It's been bothering me a little. Like the flipped version of Alex's issue.

BlitzN said on February 16, 2017 at 6:58 p.m.

Yeah if her counter hits that hard.... she has a lot of tools from what I can tell. Sticking that stun gauge in place yeah that's going to be broken as you know what.

XxAngelChunLixX said on February 16, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.

An incorrect use of her counter results in a free Crush Counter for her opponent.

The freeze effect goes away as soon as you hit her.

"Broken"...

meltsy said on February 16, 2017 at 7:09 p.m.

Jesus Christ that face on the video thumbnail

bornonamonday said on February 16, 2017 at 7:09 p.m.

Yeah, getting crushed on a missed counter and the timing needed to counter is going to thin the herd of Kolin players quite a bit. There will be two weeks of bitching that she's broken or sucks at least.

soulspark said on February 16, 2017 at 7:18 p.m.

can someone up the rest of the matches.

Blackoshinomi said on February 16, 2017 at 7:20 p.m.
Balrog1984 said on February 16, 2017 at 7:26 p.m.

Time to make a cringy rap!

Blackoshinomi said on February 16, 2017 at 7:32 p.m.

You late . I made a new song 3days ago ! https://youtu.be/o-jPoya7PMQ
Whats funny about my Raps is none seems to be grasping the hidden messages in them ...

Where the invite at ?

downvote said on February 16, 2017 at 7:35 p.m.

I thought she had 900 health when she got hit by her own counter.

Damn, that counter does so much damage.

Cmon_Get_Serious said on February 16, 2017 at 7:35 p.m.

What kills me are the bangs. They make her look like Lloyd Christmas

Sir_Kenjamin said on February 16, 2017 at 7:37 p.m.

This is my new ice ice baby.

._.

Xar5000 said on February 16, 2017 at 7:43 p.m.

I'm sorry. Someone fire the artist. First it was Ken. Then Akuma. Now Kolin. One word....

Terrible.

hakan_mania said on February 16, 2017 at 7:44 p.m.

Blonde fighter v stay tuned for the remaining new blonde characters!!!

delamarche said on February 16, 2017 at 7:47 p.m.

I already posted that meme here once! I need warm material for this tough crowd.

nao_ said on February 16, 2017 at 7:52 p.m.

I think Sako might consider using her..

ParabolaBeam said on February 16, 2017 at 8:15 p.m.

You're using that term 'artist' quite liberally :)

DyoSan said on February 16, 2017 at 8:17 p.m.

This looks so random...

ParabolaBeam said on February 16, 2017 at 8:20 p.m.

Blond naked chick fighter V.

She does look interesting though, I'll say that much. I'll give her a shot.

Still hoping they release a character that might work better for me as a new main.

bornonamonday said on February 16, 2017 at 8:22 p.m.

Like they said, they just picked up the character that night. Going to be a lot of experimentation.

Clamper said on February 16, 2017 at 8:26 p.m.

Her animations are super wacky. I have no idea what's going on with Capcom anymore. Sometimes they make characters with awesome models and animations like Urien and Juri. Then they make things like Ibuki and Kolin...

malcrash01 said on February 16, 2017 at 8:30 p.m.

What's wrong with Ibuki? I felt she animated just fine and looks good most of the time

Clamper said on February 16, 2017 at 8:32 p.m.

Her face is terrible. Good thing she's using her mask most of times.

ParabolaBeam said on February 16, 2017 at 8:41 p.m.

Haha. That's why I can't call SFV's character modeler an 'artist'.

The person clearly knows nothing about human anatomy.

But it is what it is at this point. I've resigned myself to the fact that we'll be dealing with these models for the foreseeable future.

Heta said on February 16, 2017 at 9:05 p.m.

Far out Kolin is super interesting. The real fun begins when somebody does a nice combo display of her.

Shinpaisuru said on February 16, 2017 at 9:34 p.m.

I want to see her in the hand of pro player, but once they master her not just test drive.

BuffBison said on February 16, 2017 at 9:48 p.m.

Man that damage on that counter is too much. That was craaazy

lajn said on February 16, 2017 at 10:52 p.m.

I like how The BEAST responded to a massive call-out from XusesGB by stepping his game up.

Mellowcow said on February 16, 2017 at 11:01 p.m.

I'd ship her back to the Ice Age.

White_Fox said on February 16, 2017 at 11:30 p.m.

For your info, Capcom appointed different company/artist to model different characters, that's the reason for the inconsistency in their character design.

Personally, some of the characters look awesome:
Juri, Urien, Ryu

Some were good but sadly have hair clipping issues:
Cammy & Vega (Claw)

And of course, we have the most famous fxxk up face:
Ken & Alex

dantemundus said on February 17, 2017 at 12:33 a.m.

That counter does WAY too much damage. They've nerfed dp's to the point where the most you get from an AA dp is 120, unheeded you ex it; that counter does way more than 120. If Kolin has 1000 hp that counter is taking 35% of Akuma's life, which seems retarded.

Also, couldn't possibly post in a discussion about Kolin without saying good God that bish is uuuuuugly as feeeck. Gil has poor taste in secretaries.

coolcamx said on February 17, 2017 at 12:53 a.m.

Nobody cares about your abstract riddles.

CoffeeClub said on February 17, 2017 at 1:28 a.m.

I think she would look better with completely glowing blue eyes and pale blue hair.

Maryokutai said on February 17, 2017 at 1:37 a.m.

So, EX countering Cammy's divekick will deal more than 25%? I'm in.

Balrog1984 said on February 17, 2017 at 1:38 a.m.

Damn thats sad haha. But not as sad as the sakura rap. So take that for what its worth lol.

Rupix15 said on February 17, 2017 at 4:01 a.m.

MOAR THIGHS.

Rupix15 said on February 17, 2017 at 4:03 a.m.

Her body's build reminds me of Rachel from DOA5.

Superspecs said on February 17, 2017 at 4:12 a.m.

As much as I don't like her design, her moveset actually looks really cool!

Blackoshinomi said on February 17, 2017 at 5:28 a.m.

The sakura rap was a joke actually . And it blows my mind how you don't see that

Blackoshinomi said on February 17, 2017 at 5:29 a.m.

You would be surprise how many closet fans i have here

onzimix said on February 17, 2017 at 6:12 a.m.

Is that the truth about Kolin's statistics ?
Original : Stamina: 2, Power: 4, Mobility: 5, Technique: 2 and Range: 3
Update : Stamina: 3, Power: 2, Mobility: 4, Technique: 5 and Range: 2
I’m lost !

dfly said on February 17, 2017 at 6:13 a.m.

Really? I doubt that bro

Aluppoj said on February 17, 2017 at 6:34 a.m.

During the stream a video montage played to a song that had the lyrics 'Rise to the top' or something like that.

Anyone know what song that was?

Thanks.

Blackoshinomi said on February 17, 2017 at 6:36 a.m.

10likes 3 dislikes I got 3 dislikes by the 3 people from this story ???

The haters i see are the people who still haven't sent the invite to play me yet ....

LupusHound said on February 17, 2017 at 8:44 a.m.

I think she looks fun. IMHO I feel like SFV is finally heading in the right direction with the way combos can vary in this game with Akuma and Kolin, unfortunately that isn't saying much...

Her Critical art though....

Looks like something that was rushed. It's a straight up fatality from MK. It's weird how Akuma's raging demon is probably the best in SFV and then we get something bland like Kolin's Critical art.

At this point I don't love or hate this game, I'm just more curious on how this game will live out it's lifespan.

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 17, 2017 at 8:47 a.m.

wtf is this invite sh*t you keep bringing up? To a match in SFV?

You said you retired!? Oh but gotta come back DOU!

And I'm sure the "haters" just hate your annoying ass, just like how I hate your damn videos that have your damn cellphone footage of your goddamn computer monitor, which I doubt it's even 60HZ and IPS.

Chuck_Remixed said on February 17, 2017 at 9:06 a.m.

Eh not liking the nostalgia costume. I'll get the bootleg Millia one instead.

bornonamonday said on February 17, 2017 at 9:19 a.m.

The execution requirements and active frames are going to play a large part in balancing that out. See the chopping motion that seems to whiff at 1:38? That looks like the high or medium one.
Hard to tell if it's going to be active at the moment of activation or the entire animation until I get in the lab with her.

Also how it compares to previous parries in the series is the breaking point. If it's more like Gouken's, 3rd's, or Alex and Ryu's.

Blackoshinomi said on February 17, 2017 at 10:12 a.m.

You have to be new here .

Unlike you idots that talk sh!t about my skills every person that call me out I beat them in street fighter.

See that's the side of the story that doesn't get reported ..

And lol you hate my videos. I guess you have zero sense of humor. .

If Everyone Hated My Video how Did 10 People From This Site Like it

vs 3 Idiots Who Keep Crying About it ?

And before you say I randomly posted that link look at the conversation I had that lead to me posting that link ...

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 17, 2017 at 11:23 a.m.

Read what I said, your videos have you take a damn footage of your monitor...I guess you rhyme pretty good? I'm not an expert but again, I was talking about the visual, not the audio.

And I didn't say everyone hated your vids. I don't give a sh*t about likes or dislikes LOL, which has been my whole point since I'm here.

Why don't you just ignore the idiots that called you out on your skills.

Dude your very first post in this topic included a youtube video saying you don't give a sh*t. That's why Balrog was giving you sh*t, because you do this often.

Blackoshinomi said on February 17, 2017 at noon

That video is a phill collin song

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 17, 2017 at 12:41 p.m.

I guess Phill Collin's production's pretty low and he now sounds like the guy from Crazy Taxi.

mortal said on February 17, 2017 at 2:37 p.m.

i do not like her moveset.
that aside, what about fixing loading time & netcode :) ?

Maryokutai said on February 18, 2017 at 11:47 a.m.

You're right. Weird I never noticed it, Rachel was pretty much the only character I played in DOA5LR.