Catwoman, Cheetah, and Poison Ivy officially revealed in Injustice 2 - 'Here Come The Girls' trailer released

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • February 14, 2017 at 8:11 a.m. PST

Coming right off of the Swamp Thing announcement yesterday, NetherRealm Studios has released another character reveal trailer this time officially showcasing three new characters.

Poison Ivy, Cheetah, and Catwoman are joining the Injustice 2 roster.

Today's "Here Comes The Girls" trailer reveals Catwoman and Cheetah for the first time. It also gives us our first in-game look at Poison Ivy, and more footage of Black Canary.

Here Come The Girls - Injustice 2  image #1 Here Come The Girls - Injustice 2  image #2 Here Come The Girls - Injustice 2  image #3 Here Come The Girls - Injustice 2  image #4 Here Come The Girls - Injustice 2  image #5 Here Come The Girls - Injustice 2  image #6 Here Come The Girls - Injustice 2  image #7 Here Come The Girls - Injustice 2  image #8 Here Come The Girls - Injustice 2  image #9
Click images for larger versions

You can check out the trailer after the jump.

Source: InjusticeGame. Sent in by Sean_Saibot, ALMG7, kemdirim22, Rvo2099, NMS84, HyperViperNZ, sgloomy, XxAngelChunLixX, KiD_LupE, Topcard, Blackoshinomi, NaBr, Topcard, MarthFE, ABJitz, TheBurningPunch, K.E.I.S, and several anonymous readers.

Comments

Blackoshinomi said on February 14, 2017 at 8:12 a.m.

Poison ivy is absolutely gorgeous! Shoutout to all the DumbA$$es who had a problem with her face!

Beekay said on February 14, 2017 at 8:14 a.m.

Kudos to NRS for getting the faces right. Though my waifu is still Swamp Thing

NyuBomber said on February 14, 2017 at 8:14 a.m.

Ivy looks better in-game than the render, well done.

Mostly anticipating more Cheetah gameplay, actually.

Topcard said on February 14, 2017 at 8:15 a.m.

It also has a brief look at story mode. Catwoman leads Harley and two gorillas through (I think) the Metropolis stage. And a new stage, I think Ivy's garden.

Also, those supers were AMAZING.

surrender said on February 14, 2017 at 8:15 a.m.

Cheetah and Catwoman look rather unremarkable compared to Poison Ivy... but we need more footage! I was hoping for some extravagant plant animations with Ivy!

Fethennour said on February 14, 2017 at 8:16 a.m.

I concur. At first, I was afraid (when she first was revealed a few days ago), because he face kinda looked weird, but she looks beautiful in this trailer.

Snake_Eyes said on February 14, 2017 at 8:16 a.m.

looks like the leaked roster is 100% legit now that cheetah is confirmed.

icejohn said on February 14, 2017 at 8:18 a.m.

Gawd catwoman what did nrs do to you...
Nrs you were so close,soooo close.... to finally shedding the negative stigma of having the worst faces in the industry.My favorite character too,well hopefully they will fix it.
Everything else in trailer was sweet.

BigJaWOOD said on February 14, 2017 at 8:18 a.m.

Catwoman with dat diamond-cutting jawline hnnnnggg

Serperiority said on February 14, 2017 at 8:18 a.m.

Poison Ivy has a little pet at the end there. Pretty cool. lol Her and Swamp Thing will get along nicely, I imagine. xD

ultimatesol said on February 14, 2017 at 8:18 a.m.

what's wrong with Catwoman's face ? obese again ?

also why people care gurl faces so much rather than their gameplay, combos etc ??

Milicona said on February 14, 2017 at 8:19 a.m.

They look good overall.
Poison Ivy is sexy, I do like Cheetahs animalistic look, Catwoman looks a little rough but she does remind me of the very classic catwoman from like the 60s, which is fine.

Kurow said on February 14, 2017 at 8:19 a.m.

Ivy looks beautiful but the other 2 girls faces are just bad just like Wonder Woman. So far the only girls that looks ok are Supergirl, Ivy and Black Canary (and this 3 probably shared the same model with slightly chances)

Is Cheetah a skin for Cat woman or a different character? she seems to be a wasted slot if she is not a skin.

cadnexus said on February 14, 2017 at 8:20 a.m.

Ivy looks way better than her render on the official site. Catwoman looks Hispanic, but she looks good as well, she has a new super. Not so impressed with Cheetah, prefer Circe.

XxAngelChunLixX said on February 14, 2017 at 8:22 a.m.

I want to see how many of these expert face critics people praise Selina's old woman face. When she had the best face with Harley and Zatanna in IJ1. Her outfit is cute as hell though, but they just had to make the sexiest Siren ugly?

Ivy looks better in motion, and I'm loving how OTT and colorful her attacks and animations are looking.

I STILL dont udnerstand Cheetah. If they wanted a female, WW villain, Circe was beyond a perfect choice.

Jevchenko said on February 14, 2017 at 8:23 a.m.

Man Cheetah looks dumb xD

Milicona said on February 14, 2017 at 8:24 a.m.

At least Cheetah looks better than how she currently is in the comic books.
Damn http://www.readcomics.tv/wonder-woman...

cadnexus said on February 14, 2017 at 8:24 a.m.

Poison Ivy looks the best out of all the females.

ultimatesol said on February 14, 2017 at 8:24 a.m.

"When she had the best face with Harley and Zatanna in IJ1"

LMAO what ??

Kijui said on February 14, 2017 at 8:25 a.m.

You can't ever have too many catwomen....

Also, FEED ME!

CityHunter said on February 14, 2017 at 8:28 a.m.

They dont look that bad but those animation arent that great. But man those voice acting on ivy and cheetah...
They look fun

vII_BATMAN_IIv said on February 14, 2017 at 8:28 a.m.

When cheetah stomped wonder woman's spine, I half expected to see an x ray animation.

Cammystrike said on February 14, 2017 at 8:28 a.m.

Wow Catwoman just pulled a Trinity with her motorcycle.

CODYYY said on February 14, 2017 at 8:28 a.m.
BluegrassNutmeg said on February 14, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.

NICE!

Capcom could learn a thing or two or a million about character reveals and building hype!

Lockm said on February 14, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.

The way NRS models their characters is so wierd, both men and female.
This focus on trying to create a "realistic" model isn't doing them any facours. Problem with trying to create "realistic" models is that they will be analyzed much harder on first glance by people, people see other humans every day so if somethgin is "off" in the slightest way it is extremely noticeable.

Making it look realistic als makes the movement and attacks of their characters very stiff.

NRS should really have gone with a bit more stylized design for their models, more akin to the comic books. Japanese developers often get the faces right with the level of stylization yet western developers can't seem to do it(bioware is another example) Though Naughty Dog somehow can do it no problem when going extremely realistic.

XxAngelChunLixX said on February 14, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.

Catwoman had the best looking face with Harley and Zatanna in IJ1. Against Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Killer Frost, (she wasn't that bad), Raven, and Hawkgirl, who's face we didn't see, what's possibly confusing you? 😐

Demon_00 said on February 14, 2017 at 8:33 a.m.

Like the comic book look better

masquedmonk said on February 14, 2017 at 8:33 a.m.

Cheetah is a separate character. If the leak is correct (and everything so far suggests that it is), there's quite a few similar themed pair characters in this game:

Superman/Supergirl

SwampThing/Ivy

Catwoman/Cheetah

and likely later on, Mister Freeze/Captain Cold.

But so far, NRS has done a good job diversifying them - even if Catwoman and Cheetah seem to fight alike here.

BigJaWOOD said on February 14, 2017 at 8:35 a.m.

Reading all the comments pointing out how badly they done goofed Catwoman's face in the grand scheme of things is making my post seem like I only paid attention to her jawline and ignored the rest of her botched features... (Which is true so hushhhh.)

Heta said on February 14, 2017 at 8:35 a.m.

Quite the posse. Black Canary still a main candidate. Grit those teeth Atrocitus!

GiBGUN said on February 14, 2017 at 8:38 a.m.

Very cool reveals :)

Travis2310 said on February 14, 2017 at 8:38 a.m.

I bet they only have 78% of the health that the male characters have

StarBuster said on February 14, 2017 at 8:39 a.m.

Smart move by NRS to throw mediocre characters into one trailer. Now I'm hyped for the rest of the leaked list except Joker so I won't be dissapointed when they have a new announcement. Can't wait for Freeze, Scarecrow and Dr.Fate.

HyperGadoken said on February 14, 2017 at 8:39 a.m.

ehh...... With the leak list being real confirmed now. Don't even care that much anymore. Good job NRS

GensDisciple said on February 14, 2017 at 8:40 a.m.

4 new character reveals in the same week? Capcom you taking notes?

bornonamonday said on February 14, 2017 at 8:41 a.m.

I wouldn't say they all sucked, Swamp thing was pretty good.

This one though, tried to pack too much in at once using split screens. Hopefully they release separate trailers later so we get a good amount of footage to pick through.

That said, I'm glad Ivy looks properly villainous and fun to play. That render was like looking at a political ad. Not sure how I feel about Cheetah yet since we didn't get to see much, but I get the feeling she's going to be like Tanya with the way that flying slash attack looks.

HawtBawls said on February 14, 2017 at 8:42 a.m.

Such nice models being tarnished by such weak sauce animations.

Blade4693 said on February 14, 2017 at 8:42 a.m.

Whoa nice lol huge reveal here and they all look fantastic!

Time to pre-order I guess lol

Owlflame said on February 14, 2017 at 8:43 a.m.

I'm so upset. If the list is real, none of my mains are gonna be in this game. no Lex, Constantine, Doomsday, Lobo, Shazam, scorpion... nothing. It's not like it's a small list, or the characters are too new. Everyone except constantine was in the last game.

I don't think I'll be getting the game. No one I like.

bornonamonday said on February 14, 2017 at 8:43 a.m.

It'll probably be a skin or gear. I'll laugh if she gets some Kintaro gear with it.

masquedmonk said on February 14, 2017 at 8:48 a.m.

I'm sure releasing separate gameplay trailers is going to be IGN's job. We still have all the way until May - this was just a cheeky teaser for Valentine's Day.

mario3d said on February 14, 2017 at 8:48 a.m.

Yes" Catwoman and Cheetah are separate characters!!
Considering he leak is problaby true how about Cap Cold and Mr Freeze?? is the same thing??

BloodStar69 said on February 14, 2017 at 8:48 a.m.

NRS is simply killing it! You would think the Swamp Thing reveal would be enough but oh no! Catwoman? Cheetah? Poison Ivy? With Selina Kyle and Barbara Minerva being showed off I'm surprised no one in the comments section said anything about a "cat fight." Oh wait.

Maryokutai said on February 14, 2017 at 8:49 a.m.

Indifferent about Cheetah, Catwoman doesn't look good but damn, I like Poison Ivy here. Too bad they ruined the game for me with their DLC overkill but I might pick up the unevitable GOTY version.

CODYYY said on February 14, 2017 at 8:52 a.m.

have you noticed that the females have different faces but almost all the males have the exact same fave in NRS games XD

belabdel said on February 14, 2017 at 8:53 a.m.

looks amazing tho

Smorgasboard said on February 14, 2017 at 8:53 a.m.

It looks like they gave Catwoman a whip and a bike so that she won't be too similar to Cheetah.

Why bother putting Cheetah in first place though?

It's weird seeing Poison Ivy punch and kick since she just doesn't do any of that ever.

bornonamonday said on February 14, 2017 at 8:53 a.m.

Good point. So far only Black canary and Swamp Thing have interested me out of the reveals, so I'm hoping one of the other three changes that.

malcrash01 said on February 14, 2017 at 8:54 a.m.

Did anyone not notice they released this on Valentine's Day?

GensDisciple said on February 14, 2017 at 8:55 a.m.

By the way guys this is the game were gonna finally see "Spawn." So rejoice...

kionshythesecond said on February 14, 2017 at 8:55 a.m.

Poison Ivy is the best face in the whole game. How can they be so bad at something so important?

Zephyrus said on February 14, 2017 at 8:59 a.m.

Poison Ivy has the best face NRS has ever done for their female fighters. Very well done.

Teohkaka said on February 14, 2017 at 9:06 a.m.

Haha , armour upgrades are one of their big things in the sequel , yet they choose characters Swamp Thing and Cheetah , who wear nothing in most incarnations.

Snow said on February 14, 2017 at 9:07 a.m.

So with Cheetah in this, that leak is pretty much confirmed I'd say.

Shame they didn't go with a more beastial face for her, but I'm pretty hype to get my hands on her and try her out.

Hopefully they do a good job with scarecrow. It's going to be tough to decide who to main.

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 14, 2017 at 9:08 a.m.

Is that your source telling you? :P

NyuBomber said on February 14, 2017 at 9:10 a.m.

While I get your observation of the irony, Swamp Thing can easily and nicely be made to look different with plant-based "armor"/bio-bits.

Cheetah will probably be more on the mystic/savage side in terms of aesthetic.

MatureVice said on February 14, 2017 at 9:10 a.m.

Ivy looks fantastic. I love Cheetah so I'm glad she's in, but not crazy about the design. Hope she has some nice gear options.

REALLY hope there are more girls coming, though. This confirms that leak list and apart from Power Girl there were only 7 women on it (all now revealed) out of 30 characters.

Topcard said on February 14, 2017 at 9:11 a.m.

It kinda looks like Harley is handcuffed in the story mode scene. I guess Catwoman's working with the Society.

Owlflame said on February 14, 2017 at 9:13 a.m.

Nope.

SmokeRulz said on February 14, 2017 at 9:13 a.m.

Leaked list super turbo confirmed. Look at these bad bitches! I love it.

MarthFE said on February 14, 2017 at 9:16 a.m.

It's funny how DC females are usually busy AF, and then there's injustice.

Not that it matters. It's just like they're afraid after MK9, even though MK9 bodies are kind of expected for DC girls.

I wonder how they'll handle power girl.

ArkticDark said on February 14, 2017 at 9:18 a.m.

I was a Catwoman main in the 1st game but I am really looking forward to Cheetah and Poison Ivy! I feel like with Cheetah being in the game, Catwoman will play differently this time around.

TheTHCGamer said on February 14, 2017 at 9:20 a.m.

Agreed this is the first time I've seen Ivy and see looks great. Injustice might not be my favorite franchise gameplay wise but the presentation for those games is top notch.

DestinyZX1 said on February 14, 2017 at 9:24 a.m.

Valentine's Day just got a whole lot sweet.

MisguidedAngel said on February 14, 2017 at 9:29 a.m.

I don't think Catwoman's face is done tbh. I think there's a reason that final freeze frame zooms in on everyone's face but hers hahaha

TheTHCGamer said on February 14, 2017 at 9:30 a.m.

Absolutely agree. It's a testament that the artwork is improving with each game.

mario3d said on February 14, 2017 at 9:33 a.m.

Why only Selina apears on the oficial site now??
Cheetah and Catwoman select in the same slot like a skin??
OH Sh**!

Green016 said on February 14, 2017 at 9:34 a.m.

Catwoman is so boring and a complete waste of a spot imo. The rest look really good though.

BlackHart said on February 14, 2017 at 9:35 a.m.

still no vixen huh!

HyperCombinationFinish said on February 14, 2017 at 9:35 a.m.

Cheetah seems like a wasted slot, catwoman looks meh and that's probably the ugliest Ivy outfit I've ever seen. Also wasn't into any of the gameplay they showed. The catwoman, trinity bike super was kinda cool.

auroniroh said on February 14, 2017 at 9:39 a.m.

Loved the characters.

Pachendrix said on February 14, 2017 at 9:39 a.m.

Well holy sh*t, I was NOT expecting this! Cheetah was one of my most anticipated characters. She's IMO the best WW villain. Hope she has some more "Cheetah" looking customization options like her new version on the comics (prefer the one in game, but I like to have options). I was really not expecting Catwoman and Cheetah to be unique characters, having 2 "plants" and 2 "cats" makes it very difficult for gameplay variety. If they pull this off, NRS will definitely reach another level in the design department. Animations look better than ever, faces look better than ever, so far designs look better than ever, this game is really shaping up to be NRS greatest work. They seem to get better every time, which is something extremely hard to do. Hope everything lives up to the expectations when the game comes out.

Rahavic said on February 14, 2017 at 9:40 a.m.

Injustice 2: The Eventhubs Face War Begins

malcrash01 said on February 14, 2017 at 9:41 a.m.

Full blown furry mode

Pachendrix said on February 14, 2017 at 9:44 a.m.

She would be awesome, but I wouldn't be surprised if they would go with Beast Boy instead, since a lot more people want him over Vixen. So she'll likely end up as a Cheetah costume. Which would be somewhat disappointing since she can have abilities from any animal, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Pachendrix said on February 14, 2017 at 9:47 a.m.

Oh and before I forget, Ivy looking like a young Jessica Lange is waifu over 9000 material!

ParabolaBeam said on February 14, 2017 at 9:53 a.m.

It's funny that getting faces right is a thing now... after playing for a year with clumpy banana hair and faces with no details.

It's good to know NRS has real/professional 3-D artists working for them.

Android21 said on February 14, 2017 at 9:55 a.m.

Poison Ivy coming to injustice is pretty cool. I have no opinion on Cheeta. So will have to try her ingame first.

Allercon said on February 14, 2017 at 9:55 a.m.

Catwoman's face and hair seem really off in my opinion. I hope that these aren't the final models. Canary looks way more polished than the rest.

ultimatesol said on February 14, 2017 at 9:57 a.m.

Scarecrow
Supergirl
Poison Ivy
Spawn
SubZero
Darkseid...when this game completed, roster will be most legendary crossover roster ever!..

ArkticDark said on February 14, 2017 at 10:01 a.m.

I felt like this was a Valentines Day Present!!!

Galletano said on February 14, 2017 at 10:04 a.m.

Catwoman its my favorite character of all time so I'm happy she is in. Her face looks a bit rough some minor adjustment and shell look fine. There is very little gameplay especially for Catwoman so I'm guessing at the time of making this trailer she has very incomplete maybe she even has gameplay change the only thing that shows it's her super.

Ivy does look better in gameplay than her render which very confusing. Again not much gameplay mostly her normals she looks very fast did not expect that. I love this character and the psychology being her and so far it looks very good.

Cheetah might be inheriting some of Catwoman previous moves and they do make more sense in her.

They all look a bit rough, obviously they desperately wanted to show people that there are female characters.

kmurdock said on February 14, 2017 at 10:08 a.m.

I dunno guys, feeling really underwhelmed by this roster. Swamp Thing is cool... but that's kind of it. Too many DC staples missing for me (Lex, Shazam, Manhunter, even Hawkgirl). Thinking more and more I'll give it a pass until the GOTY

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 14, 2017 at 10:14 a.m.

"Animations look better than ever, faces look better than ever, so far designs look better than ever"

Oh really? do tell which animations and faces you think look better than ever. :]

Design? as in character design or gameplay design? :D

Snake_Eyes said on February 14, 2017 at 10:18 a.m.

catwoman looks fugly as hell, she looked much better in the first game

MatureVice said on February 14, 2017 at 10:19 a.m.

Vixen is more valuable to WB than Beast Boy, though -- she has her own CW Seed show and a version of her is a lead on Legends of Tomorrow. If they're using this for marketing, she'd make more sense.

Catalysts_Cute_Twin_Sister said on February 14, 2017 at 10:19 a.m.

DOES ANYONE WANNA TAKE ME OUT FOR VALENTINE'S DAY DINNER???!!!

I MIGHT SHOW YOU MY NIPPLE!!!! 111

Snake_Eyes said on February 14, 2017 at 10:23 a.m.

looks like cheetah will be replacing killer frost as the female jobber of this game

bornonamonday said on February 14, 2017 at 10:24 a.m.

Putting Lex and Shazam would be a problem storywise if this is only the Injustice world with no multiverse shenanigans involved. Though they could get creative by having a different Shazam/Captain Marvel and Lex's body possessed by Brainiac or just go the easy route and use Lazarus pits. MMH is still alive so he might be DLC. No ideas why Hawkgirl isn't in, probably because she wasn't a popular pick.

EightFrameGod said on February 14, 2017 at 10:26 a.m.

Because this was just reveal trailer for those two characters...

Gameplay trailer for Ivy.

maxs2d2ace said on February 14, 2017 at 10:30 a.m.

Looks at catwomen....

mr plinkett: "what's wrong with your FACE!"

chemicalBirdkick said on February 14, 2017 at 10:34 a.m.

Catwoman looked much better I'm the 1st injustice. Idk what they did to her but not even her body suit can save her from that face :(

keebler said on February 14, 2017 at 10:34 a.m.

This is the pickiest community...NRS is giving Hollywood level trailers and there are so many complaints still lol. I wish games like SF had these types of production values.

If nothing else, NRS does an amazing job building excitement for its games.

chemicalBirdkick said on February 14, 2017 at 10:36 a.m.

No wonder she need to commit crim to get his attention

Rahavic said on February 14, 2017 at 10:38 a.m.

I'm on my phone but if someone could search this page for the word Face and let me know if the results are in the thousands yet.

SSfox said on February 14, 2017 at 10:40 a.m.

Someone should make a screen of I2's Catwoman with Ken's face.

I mean damn, she looks really terrible imho.

xShonuffx said on February 14, 2017 at 10:45 a.m.

I don't want to be that guy. But guess what...?

So there is a call against Catwomans face....faces again..... I am warning you to be very careful about being so sexist about these women characters in video games or your going to attract unwanted attention from outside SJW activist that already think we are against women in someway.

just a reminder that not every woman has to be overly beautiful have crap ton of make up and a perfectly shaped face and body and all look like models.

Im just saying there are women out there that don't look like 5 star models, not a lot of them are blessed with that beauty, having a nice every day looking role model/Super hero is good once and awhile. I guess Catwoman should look better in this case since she is the poster girl of the batman universe but lets not make this a trend. Going out with knives and pitchforks because a face is not what we expected. And yes I do know about Kens face incase you were wondering and I agree.

Im not saying don't complain, im not saying don't be objective, im just saying be careful what you ask for. IMHO the face don't bother me bu tthe game is still in development.

Remember that there is beauty in many things, yeah I know its lame but I think we can do better than this guys.

AngriestAngryArtist said on February 14, 2017 at 10:45 a.m.

"Hollywood level trailers"

I guess Hollywood's quality for trailers have lowered their standards eh? LOL

GensDisciple said on February 14, 2017 at 10:51 a.m.

You jelly "Kid?" One day I'll introduce you to him.

Load more comments