BlazBlue Central Fiction for the PC to be released on April 26th

Posted by Justin 'AdaptiveTrigger' Gordon • April 20, 2017 at 6:21 p.m. PDT

BlazBlue Central Fiction now has a Steam page for the game's PC release. According to this Steam page, the PC version of the game will be available to players on April 26th.

As of right now, this game is only available for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It will also be released on the Nintendo Switch at a later date.

Upon being downloaded, the game will also come with special content in the form of the original soundtrack and memorial book which will be found in a Steam folder.

Hit the jump below to check out the system requirements listed on the Steam page.

Minimum system requirements

• OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
• Processor: Intel Core i5 / i7
• Memory: 4 GB RAM
• Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT or better / AMD Radeon HD3700 / nVidia GeForce GT 650 (Windows 8.1)
• DirectX: Version 9.0
• Storage: 52 GB available space
• Sound Card: Direct Sound

Source: Gematsu via BlazBlue Central Fiction's Steam page.

Sent in by: MightyAfro and appomo.

Comments

Pachendrix said on April 20, 2017 at 6:28 p.m.

Definitely buying this, taking their word that this is the "definitive version". Timing is terrible though, game launched at arcades back in 2015, and 6 months ago for console.

Niah said on April 20, 2017 at 6:28 p.m.

needs 52gb of storage?!?!?!

Pachendrix said on April 20, 2017 at 6:32 p.m.

It's ridiculous, but that doesn't mean the game actually takes up 52gb, or even half of it for that matter.

Agentownshiprebelion said on April 20, 2017 at 6:36 p.m.

Guess we can all get arcade sticks for our Nintendo switches now!

Discane said on April 20, 2017 at 6:47 p.m.

Going to buy.

tibbers123 said on April 20, 2017 at 7:02 p.m.

Still no dub :/

darkblade13 said on April 20, 2017 at 7:12 p.m.

52 GB? I wonder what they need all that space for?

BlankaBeast said on April 20, 2017 at 7:19 p.m.

Cross play??

Clamper said on April 20, 2017 at 7:22 p.m.

For a game to feature crossplay it needs its own server, like SFV and Rocket League. Arc doesn't even have the money for this, so i think it's impossible.

RunningWildVidya said on April 20, 2017 at 7:31 p.m.

And it'll be obsolete within a month.

NumeroGaijin said on April 20, 2017 at 7:54 p.m.

My stance as always.....no Jubei no buy

thisRalf said on April 20, 2017 at 8:09 p.m.

This is excellent news. I just got the funds from work to upgrade the arcade machine from 300 dollar kiosk machine in there with a i5 with crazy performance specs and a windscreen monitor.

I was worried I was going to be stuck with the previous version but not any more!

With a freesync monitor with 1ms response time and AMD card, it's going to be more responsive than the arcade version. :D

BigJaWOOD said on April 20, 2017 at 8:11 p.m.

Goddamn, I'm still grinding Marvel combos since it released on PC (so many fun characters to learn!) and now this!? I'M GOING ON [an unpaid] VACATION BOYS!!

daisetsu said on April 20, 2017 at 8:13 p.m.

will wait for steam sale.

BlankaBeast said on April 20, 2017 at 8:21 p.m.

makes sense, wishful thinking on my part.

Shinkutatsumaki said on April 20, 2017 at 9:05 p.m.

Finally :)

javert said on April 20, 2017 at 9:08 p.m.

i5-i7?

C'mon! 2D sprites can't be this demanding. And here I thought I could put my old laptop to do some new work!

How much in terms of assets does this include? Cinematic sequences? Long audio passages?

I'm probably updating hardware soon so this is a must buy.

Spaghetti_Time said on April 20, 2017 at 9:31 p.m.

Those timely PC releases...

GamerBear said on April 20, 2017 at 10:39 p.m.

Wait, did they actually just announce this a week before the release or...?

And I'm still afraid of buying it only for them to announce the next version's arcade release coming up in a couple months or something. I might just wait it out for a while, get a bit more mileage out of Chronophantasma before I get it. Maybe I'll even have the patience to wait for a sale. A lot of different fighters coming out on PC these days and I sure ain't gonna complain about it. lol

AveMcree said on April 20, 2017 at 10:53 p.m.

FINALLY... DAMN......

npcomplete said on April 21, 2017 at 1:23 a.m.

Fast 2D sprites are slightly more demanding of the cpu, although any modern cheap cpu even a few years old can easily handle it. However, the background and effects are 3D.

They probably wanted to play it safe. They could just mean a first gen i7. First i7-920 released in November 2008.

BlackPantherN7 said on April 21, 2017 at 2:18 a.m.

Excellent that it is coming for the Switch. I am currently playing KoF 98 during my commute and was going to get USF2. Now I will have another fighter I can paly anywhere.
I had Calamity Trigger for the PC but I spent more time playing it on my PSP at work and on the go.

downvote said on April 21, 2017 at 4:32 a.m.

Too late!

I'm on the GGXRD train when it comes to Arcsys games. Better balanced too compared to the mess that is BB.

JoeStarX said on April 21, 2017 at 5 a.m.

Who ever thought it was smart to not dub the final(as they have said) game is pretty dumb

AveMcree said on April 21, 2017 at 5:29 a.m.

BB is pretty well balanced but then again I play UMVC3 and MVC2 so..... lol

MatthewAran said on April 21, 2017 at 5:47 a.m.

you stop that

Gpop said on April 21, 2017 at 8:11 a.m.

Still not posting about the UNIST console release announcement? Good to see where EH's priorities are, despite how that game is liked by a lot of people, even SFV pros (Jwong, PR Rog, Sabin, etc)

IMainDanHibiki said on April 21, 2017 at 8:52 a.m.

This is nice and all, but what about talking about the UNIST announcement? Game is finally going to be released on consoles and top players from ALL scenes love that game. I know for a fact that tips were sent in for both this and UNIST's announcement.

Really discouraging that ya'll are ignoring this.

Dperiod said on April 21, 2017 at 9:14 a.m.

Game is awesome, just really miss the English voices in it tho😫 I really wanted to hear azreal and Ragna talking smack while I played people.

Salarian said on April 21, 2017 at 9:32 a.m.

I'll be so mad if the PC version has English VO's and the consoles don't.

Montsegur said on April 21, 2017 at 9:47 a.m.

I wouldn't mind the late releases if the devs wouldn't say: "Oh, the PC version released 5 years later didn't sell as well as we'd hoped!" "We're now going to back off on making PC games since they don't sell very well."

SFV released at the same time and managed to sell 260,000 copies. That's not bad at all.

revoltriot said on April 21, 2017 at 10:01 a.m.

You're right. The PC is becoming THE platform for fighting games and some other genres out there. The more digital releases become popular, the stronger the PC will be in the market compared to the consoles.

spades111 said on April 21, 2017 at 10:56 a.m.

Snap I bet some PC dudes will mod English VAs into the game using past resources. BB is one of the few J-games where i think the English dub is equal to the Japanese. (Still miss CT Bang)

skyrimer said on April 21, 2017 at 11:45 a.m.

Well I'm not playing sfv anymore and mahvel, tekken and ggxrd xrd 2 on PC are still far away so I guess I know what I'm going to play for now.

Pachendrix said on April 21, 2017 at 11:54 a.m.

They confirmed this to be the definitive version of the game. And if GG is any indication, they're done with 20 versions of the same game each marked with full price tag.

Pachendrix said on April 21, 2017 at 11:59 a.m.

PC has already been THE gaming platform for a while now. The only thing meaningful you're gonna miss out are Zelda, Mario, Smash (which still counts as Mario), and Playstation exclusives. Everything else is is either already on PC, or soon to be released. So my advice, get a PC, get a used PS4, and ignore Nintendo since youre only gonna get party games and a Zelda once every several years. I'd definitely change my opinion about Nintendo if they make a real new Metroid though.

BigJaWOOD said on April 21, 2017 at 12:26 p.m.

Smash counts as 'Mario?' You wot m8?

AngriestAngryArtist said on April 21, 2017 at 1:01 p.m.

...I swear you don't realize how hypocritical you are.

OH don't deal with nintendo forget em!...Oh except if they make this one series available dou!

Which would make purchasing a Nintendo system worth it due to having that game you want.

As much as I don't like purchasing multiple system and I rather have the beefiest one of all (being my PC). it's unfortunately still the standard with consoles and they will get exclusives for you to play that game only on that console.

Heh...we still get numbskulls begging Platinum to get Bayo2 on other systems :P

AngriestAngryArtist said on April 21, 2017 at 1:01 p.m.

Mario's in it, therefore it's a mario game! :P

MatthewAran said on April 21, 2017 at 3:24 p.m.

"Nintendo=party games and Zelda"

Surely you must be unaware of what Nintendo has put out there in the past few years.

npcomplete said on April 21, 2017 at 5:37 p.m.

As much as I like PC gaming, it is definitely NOT the platform for fighters currently.

All fighters currently sell many times more copies on console even when released at the same time and most of the time, most games are released a while later on PC after console.

The sales improves if its optimal case like SFV (same time release + crossplay) but even then its less (but still more than others) and much worse without those ingredients.

The absolute biggest drawback to gaming on PC for most fighters is lack of crossplay. I really have to give props to Capcom for pulling crossplay off fir SFV and I hope they can do the same for MvCI. I think they managed to convince Sony to help them invest in their owm servers somehow.

phrostbyte said on April 22, 2017 at 9:34 a.m.

this is great, PC is now the fighting game platform, we have everything except virtua fighter i think. also this game will have a first week 10% off discount as well as a loyalty discount of an additional 10%. i don't know if this applies to all 3 previous titles (CT is cheap and was bundled before) or just the previous title

GameMaster said on April 23, 2017 at 12:36 a.m.

Still no dub, from the looks of it. I'm not supporting Arcsys if they keep pulling this crap.