Here are the poll results for who our readers are hoping for and expecting as the next Street Fighter 5 DLC character

Posted by Justin 'AdaptiveTrigger' Gordon • April 22, 2017 at 11:19 a.m. PDT

Update: The results are in! Hit the jump below to check them out.

Earlier: So it was recently announced that the 3rd character of Season 2 is, unfortunately, being delayed beyond the end of April. Despite this, it was promised that "the identity of the new character will be revealed soon," according to Capcom.

When the silhouettes for the Season 2 cast were first shown, everybody was pretty convinced that Kolin was the second character. This ended up being an accurate form of speculation.

This third character, however, is not quite as clear as Kolin. The community does have a few guesses on who it might be, however.

Here, we shall review some of the speculation that the community has come up with.

Byron Taylor

A while back, it was perceived that Bill Rogers, the voice actor for Urien, may have accidentally leaked Byron Taylor as a playable character. Since then, Bill has stated that it wasn't actually a leak and he was instead referencing Taylor's appearance in Kolin's prologue ending.

Regardless, we should remain skeptical until the character is officially announced.

What is interesting about the whole thing is that they specifically brought back Dave Fenoy to speak Taylor's lines at the end of Kolin's prologue. A lot of fans took Taylor's sudden appearance as a hint to his inclusion as a DLC character.

It should be noted that Taylor doesn't fit into the silhouette as well as the other characters, at least not in my eyes. This works to the detriment of the possibility.

Goutetsu

OK. Let's review here.

Akuma performs the Raging Demon on Gouken and kills him. Gouken is later revived and becomes a playable character in Street Fighter 4.

M. Bison is killed by Akuma and takes his place as the final boss of Street Fighter 2. M. Bison returns in later titles despite this.

The Raging Demon is performed on Gen. He somehow survives this attack.

Essentially, what this comes down to is that Akuma is... not exactly the most efficient assassin. This makes Goutetsu's chances of becoming a playable character in the future to be, at least, greater than zero.

Some fans have noted that the next silhouette does resemble Goutetsu's profile, somewhat. In particular, there does appear to be some sort of "stick" that this character is holding that also appears in the silhouette.

Won Won

Similar to Goutetsu, this character's profile looks like it could fit into the silhouette. In particular, the silhouette looks like it is holding a blade or cleaver of some sort.

If Won Won does end up being the character to join the roster next, then that would make him the first Final Fight character introduced to Street Fighter 5. This would be before characters like Cody, Guy, Poison, Hugo, and Rolento.

That might be a big risk, but Won Won is likely to offer a playstyle that would be very unique.

Honestly, there isn't much to go on aside from the similar appearance to the silhouette, just like Goutetsu. Of course, it's pretty much the only thing we have to speculate on, officially.

Of course, these do not exhaust all of the possibilities of who we might see as the next DLC character. These are just a few of the possibilities that have been going around.

Which character do you expect to see? Which characters do you want to see?

I've created polls for both of these questions. Please note that you can only vote once for the expectations poll, but you can vote up to three times for who you want to see as the next DLC character.

Which character do you EXPECT to see as the next DLC character for SFV?

1. Somebody else: 328 votes / 46.4%
2. Taylor Byron: 238 votes / 33.7%
3. Goutetsu: 94 votes / 13.3%
4. Won Won: 47 votes / 6.6%

Total votes: 707

Voting has closed

Which character do you WANT to see as the next DLC character for SFV?

1. Somebody else: 460 votes / 59.4%
2. Goutetsu: 189 votes / 24.4%
3. Taylor Byron: 63 votes / 8.1%
4. Won Won: 62 votes / 8.0%

Total votes: 774

Voting has closed

Source: Capcom Unity.

Comments

ShockMaster said on April 19, 2017 at 7:34 p.m.

Somebody else.

RandomSelectMaster said on April 19, 2017 at 7:36 p.m.

Hopefully it's not Byron, but I am thinking it is... Out of these three, Won Won looks promising, but yeah, I prefer somebody else.

Galletano said on April 19, 2017 at 7:37 p.m.

Taylor Needs to change his camo shorts if he wants me to like him. How do you want people to take you seriously as a boss in those?

LeonX said on April 19, 2017 at 7:37 p.m.

Its Taylor... but I really wanted somebody else :\

Gellus said on April 19, 2017 at 7:38 p.m.

The first thing i saw was Dudley in a trench coat

I'm a Dudley main

Please be Dudley in a trench coat

(it's not him tho... I know...)

Batey9 said on April 19, 2017 at 7:40 p.m.

Still clinging to Q.

Lash2828 said on April 19, 2017 at 7:40 p.m.

The return of Gouken and his Diamond Body V-Trigger from Omega.

diehart4 said on April 19, 2017 at 7:41 p.m.

Zangiefa...

Thesupernintendokid said on April 19, 2017 at 7:44 p.m.

Won Won looks cool, but I'd rather have someone brand new, never before seen in any game ever.

blueimpulse said on April 19, 2017 at 7:45 p.m.

Taylor

robot_mauk said on April 19, 2017 at 7:47 p.m.

If it's the picture in the banner I think it's won won. The "shirt collar" looks like a sword handle. As if the swords were on his back. But only if it's the silhouette from the banner.

ednine said on April 19, 2017 at 7:48 p.m.

Please, not Taylor, im not talking about gameplay of course couse i dont know but his design is really ...mmm ..boring.
im waiting for more COMPLETELY new characters (not even seen in history mode) and 3rd Strike returns ...
AND SF3 STAGE RETURNS TOO...
AND STAGE TRANSITIONS ...

BlackMasamune said on April 19, 2017 at 7:48 p.m.

Terry Bogard.

maddog666 said on April 19, 2017 at 7:48 p.m.

I swear ..if it is this guile boss dude I never play this game again I ll wait till sf6

User5 said on April 19, 2017 at 7:49 p.m.

That's too thin to be a staff, I'd like Goutetsu to be playable, tho.

I think the shadow is wearing a trench coat and that's the collar not Won Won blade. But at the same time it looks like the shadow is holding something behind his head with his right arm, who knows...

Kapirotto said on April 19, 2017 at 7:49 p.m.

Honestly I don't think it's any of them. It's wearing some kind of coat.

AAKZ said on April 19, 2017 at 7:49 p.m.

I wish you were right, but they said "all new characters".

Cmon_Get_Serious said on April 19, 2017 at 7:50 p.m.

Does T. Hawk with a gun count as new?

malcrash01 said on April 19, 2017 at 7:52 p.m.

The Iori dream

Batey9 said on April 19, 2017 at 7:55 p.m.

That's what they said but it means nothing for a few reasons.

1: Akuma
2: Capcom is still pissed over the leaks from season 1 and now is keeping everyone's mouth shut and probably just giving out mis-information to keep the secrets hidden.
3: Ono is known to troll at every possible opportunity.

I seriously doubt "all new characters" is actually the case. The next silhouette really looks like Q. I said it since the beginning and I am sticking to it. Sure it's possibly a fruitless desire. But I am clinging to it. I don't give a crap about new characters. Just give me Q and Dudley.

anthonygamer said on April 19, 2017 at 7:56 p.m.

Would be great if they just reveal all dlc characters at once. Playing guessing games with silhouettes and leaks is boring as hell.

TopDog845 said on April 19, 2017 at 7:57 p.m.

Byron w/ attack dog..done

Batey9 said on April 19, 2017 at 7:57 p.m.

And I assume it kills sales of season passes. Nobody is going to buy a product when they don't know what they are getting.

Ether said on April 19, 2017 at 7:59 p.m.

Please don't be Byron. (It'll be Byron)

bornonamonday said on April 19, 2017 at 7:59 p.m.

Why? Kolin turned out great, and he might have an interesting playstyle or be connected to the Illuminati/Shadoloo. Everyone's new at some point.

mcfizzle said on April 19, 2017 at 8:01 p.m.

Wait what? I don't remember anything like from Omega

TopDog845 said on April 19, 2017 at 8:03 p.m.

Also if you notice in Kolin story mode it shows Taylor w/ long cargo pants tucked in his boots..Similar to the silhouette.

pressstart said on April 19, 2017 at 8:06 p.m.

Wong way

arse said on April 19, 2017 at 8:06 p.m.

Eddie Gordo.

Xar5000 said on April 19, 2017 at 8:07 p.m.

None of these. I want some one we haven't seen in any story. Someone completely new.

Peculiarly_Natural said on April 19, 2017 at 8:12 p.m.

Which character do you EXPECT to see as the next DLC character for SFV?

Probably 1 of the 3 above (Won Won,Goutetsu or Taylor Byron).

Which character do you WANT to see as the next DLC character for SFV?

Select up to 3 choices

I tried to vote the "Somebody else" option 3 times but it wouldn't let me,welp.All joking aside,I do want a Final Fight character but not Won Won.If they were going choose a Final Fight 2 boss,Retu would've been a better choice (imo).

CityHunter said on April 19, 2017 at 8:13 p.m.

Something like Urien where he gets an alternate intro ripping his pants would be pretty cool

Kenshiro said on April 19, 2017 at 8:14 p.m.

Dude as much as I like Goh and I mean really like him (I use no one else in the modern VF games). Not everyone is going to be all serious like the aforementioned character.

Just cool out and see if he has any alts you like.

celeon said on April 19, 2017 at 8:14 p.m.

It will be sagat, capcom is making him adjust to silhuete to try to be good with fans, lol.

Risk said on April 19, 2017 at 8:15 p.m.

Honestly, if it is Byron, then I really want to see what other costume's he'll have, because let's face it, camo shorts just ain't working.

BlankaBeast said on April 19, 2017 at 8:16 p.m.

Female Blanka. "Bianca"

Green or not they'll make her hot!

Orzeker said on April 19, 2017 at 8:16 p.m.

If taylor is announced i really fear that all those season 2 character come from story mode, except Ed i really dont want any of them ...
I would like to be suprise by a completly brand new character, never seen before.

Batey9 said on April 19, 2017 at 8:17 p.m.

Highly doubt it. We won't see Sagat so soon after Akuma. He'll probably be a secret release at the end of season 2, if at all. Honestly, I can do with out Sagat. We don't need this becoming SF2: The Reunion: Part 3.

lajn said on April 19, 2017 at 8:24 p.m.

The Goutetsu and Won Won rumours still trigger the heck out of me. Might as well speculate the next character will be Toucan Sam.

Byron has a chance but I still think it's going to be someone completely new.

NewWorldOrderZx said on April 19, 2017 at 8:26 p.m.

PLZ be Goutetsu he looks dope

lajn said on April 19, 2017 at 8:27 p.m.

What does Akuma have to do with it? They said it would be new characters OTHER THAN Akuma.

LOL I don't know why this stuff annoys me so bad. You guys just make things up.

It`s not going to be Q, Dudley, Sagat, or any previously playable character. There is zero chance of that happening.

KingKong said on April 19, 2017 at 8:28 p.m.

Happy 420!!!! By the way, when's Sagat?!!??!

ArcticTabasco said on April 19, 2017 at 8:29 p.m.

Ehhh... Kind of a boring lot, this. Out of these, I'd like Goutetsu the most, but I'm looking for something else really.

FastAsleep said on April 19, 2017 at 8:30 p.m.

Its pretty apparent that these DLC characters are the NPCs we saw in story mode.

Dperiod said on April 19, 2017 at 8:30 p.m.

I'm gonna say haggar. The reason is because there is a bank named after him in sfv. That is my clue to this silhouette. But, will see.

fawaz said on April 19, 2017 at 8:30 p.m.

Sagat should be the 7th DLC. Not in order necessarily, though.

Captainbuttocks said on April 19, 2017 at 8:31 p.m.

Its Xykes duh.

Jaxon76 said on April 19, 2017 at 8:33 p.m.

Goutetsu can be de-confirmed by the simple fact THERE IS NO STICK in the silhouette. That 'stick' is part of the background.

Demon_00 said on April 19, 2017 at 8:38 p.m.

It's that fu(khead; Taylor. Though, I really hope I am wrong

Neros said on April 19, 2017 at 8:39 p.m.

Honestly, if they want to release new characters at least they could make it a little bit exciting. If you look at Riot, they're always coming up with creative ways to announce their new champions: they throw a mysterious image to social media, they put on some weird in-game cameo that hints an upcoming character.
They did that with Necalli and Nash, and I remember it being super exciting. Now that they try to sell this new model in which content keeps being created on a yearly basis you're telling me that they cannot make exciting things, well, exciting? Do we really depend on Eventhubs to gather around and discuss things when every other company is providing their own discussion boards for their own content?

Tekkenator said on April 19, 2017 at 8:46 p.m.

If it is Byron (or even Azam), then we can pretty much fill in the blanks on who the next characters will be from story mode, even if Capcom insists on playing the "suspense game".

Goutetsu would be a nice suprise, he'd fill in that Grand Master slot we had with Gouken and Oro.

While it would be cool to have someone from Final Fight join the roster, and hopefully open up a better chance for Poison or Cody to also be added sometime down the line, Won Won just seems like another overly-crazy-amped-up character, which wouldn't really add any variety to game as it is.

Whoever the next character is though could definitely spell out which direction the game will be heading for the remainder of the year, both in terms of gameplay and overall fan-appreciation.

Azureneedle said on April 19, 2017 at 8:46 p.m.

It's Wesley Snipes, a.k.a Blade.

Kijui said on April 19, 2017 at 8:47 p.m.

its Haggar with his ponytail

Peculiarly_Natural said on April 19, 2017 at 8:48 p.m.

An edit to my previous comment: If they were going "to choose a Final Fight 2 boss,Retu would've been a better choice (imo).

To further expand my original thought of my fancy for a Final Fight representative,I would take delight in hearing Lucia Morgan becoming a playable character for season 2.They already shown a SFV profile card (<-- I forget the official name for those things) for Lucia Morgan,it would instantly captivate my interest.

Shinpaisuru said on April 19, 2017 at 8:49 p.m.

Goutetsu or Zeku. Last DLC character will be Violent Ken.

J3NAR3X said on April 19, 2017 at 8:53 p.m.

I would think it's someone who has made an appearance in an older game in some way, whether it is in the lore or in the background since the theme with this season pass is that each character has had a nostalgia costume so far.

Demon_00 said on April 19, 2017 at 8:53 p.m.

I bought it. Not saying it was smart, but I was tricked with that Akuma trailer

bornonamonday said on April 19, 2017 at 8:57 p.m.

At least it will allow you build up fight money for the next season.

Endless_X_Chaos said on April 19, 2017 at 8:59 p.m.

i believe its a Holy-Sagat. Like a purified and un-vengeful version of sagat. Hes found inner piece and is wearing a priest robe >.> If not, it needs to be a form of Cody >.> (no handcuffs)

Technically_BetR said on April 19, 2017 at 9:06 p.m.

Let's be real. Regardless of the character and 48hr hype inflation that follows, we are all gonna get right back to being angry and confused as to why this damn game hasn't sorted it's sh!t out yet.

It's the 2nd quarter of 2017 already so that little bit o' end of month excitement building aint changing anything.

They keep trying to keep this temporary gleam thing going. Can kiss my a$$.

Agentownshiprebelion said on April 19, 2017 at 9:07 p.m.

I want Akira from Rival Schools if they are really doing the whole "never been platable in a street figter" thing.

ListonthePrince said on April 19, 2017 at 9:10 p.m.

Abigail from Final Fight

diehart4 said on April 19, 2017 at 9:17 p.m.

Kratos from MK 9 ... same move set

Supreme_Sage said on April 19, 2017 at 9:27 p.m.

its either people are stupid, or trolling. oh i want dudley please be dudley oh please be sagat please please be this person. capcom has said season 2 after akuma will be all new characters introduced into the series. That means the next 4 characters are brand new characters. if they have not been in a game that is strictly street fighter, so SNK vs SF does not count, the characters will be brand new.

Meepin said on April 19, 2017 at 9:37 p.m.
diegotricks said on April 19, 2017 at 9:41 p.m.

Recap of my voting: Somebody else and... Somebody else lol!!

ParabolaBeam said on April 19, 2017 at 9:41 p.m.

I always thought it might be Ed - a boxer wielding psycho power.

I'm surprised nobody brought him up. Cause his appearance as a member of Shadaloo almost suggests he'd be considered to join the roster at some point.

BlankaBeast said on April 19, 2017 at 9:43 p.m.

Maybe it's Conan O'Brien.

Doh_Simpson said on April 19, 2017 at 9:46 p.m.

From the silhouette it looks a lot like Won won but I honestly won't like him as a character, I can already tell. If it's Goutetsu I wouldn't mind.

Bustawolf said on April 19, 2017 at 9:59 p.m.

I wouldn't mind that at all. I always did like playing Boxers in fighting games, but Balrog isn't doing it for me, so that'd be pretty cool.

finalthrash said on April 19, 2017 at 10:05 p.m.

I'm hoping for Shadowgeist. He's got them collars....

flowtron said on April 19, 2017 at 10:07 p.m.

None above, it's probably Abigail or Menat

zorororo said on April 19, 2017 at 10:09 p.m.

the next character woshige confirmed.

MightyAfro said on April 19, 2017 at 10:09 p.m.

It's Milo. Milo Otis

sadiq2013 said on April 19, 2017 at 10:14 p.m.

somebody else.

Rahavic said on April 19, 2017 at 10:16 p.m.

Kyosuke.

Green016 said on April 19, 2017 at 10:19 p.m.
Meo177 said on April 19, 2017 at 10:27 p.m.

I want rolento or makoto but ots probably gotetsu

Gellus said on April 19, 2017 at 10:30 p.m.

Because Balrog is not a boxer, he's a street thug that put some boxing gloves and thinks he's something

Wait for the real boxer to appear, Dudley

CityHunter said on April 19, 2017 at 10:39 p.m.

Well you care enough to post here...

jackpot69 said on April 19, 2017 at 10:46 p.m.

Taylor Byron, Goutetsu or Won Won = there will be many disillusioned people

MrThirdWheel said on April 19, 2017 at 10:46 p.m.

It'd be cool if we got another boxer that was similar to Dudley but incorporated a more evasive style (like Steve using sways for counterpunches in SFxT).

Would love to learn a character like that.(because I do like me some Dudley)

xShonuffx said on April 19, 2017 at 10:48 p.m.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Goutetsu but I doubt.

Eye_of_Orochi said on April 19, 2017 at 10:49 p.m.

Why have freakin' Won Won instead of Azam? Taylor instead if Ed?? Those seem like instant fan favorites.

Eye_of_Orochi said on April 19, 2017 at 10:54 p.m.

If these are really who we end up getting, it would be no wonder why Capcom didn't reveal any of them early. These choices are pathetic.

Eye_of_Orochi said on April 19, 2017 at 10:56 p.m.

"Disillusioned"

You misspelled disappointed

XxAngelChunLixX said on April 19, 2017 at 10:58 p.m.

Somebody else. 😐

XxAngelChunLixX said on April 19, 2017 at 10:59 p.m.

We kinda have to factor in things like playstyles though.

Like we got pure rushdown in Kolin, a typical shoto cop out in Akuma,

so maybe a zoner next?

Do we have a trap based character? (Poison jokes, har har, headbutt a knife)

An actual stance based character? (not Vega, actual)

A "minion" character?

And I'm always down for a fun tricky character.

Shabadenaya said on April 19, 2017 at 11:07 p.m.

I'm not fussed on who it is tbh, I just hope the character is defensive, charge or rekka. The current chars none of them but urien fits my playstyle which is sad :(

Duckangelito said on April 19, 2017 at 11:13 p.m.

How about Q ?!?

Hanging_Chain said on April 19, 2017 at 11:22 p.m.

Unfortunately,i believe that the remaining DLC characters are all from the game's story mode...I pray thats not the case but im afraid it is...Especialy Azam has such a cartoony and idiotic face and general design that i cant stand the possibility that this character will waste a slot in this years roster...I believe that even the silouette for the next character belongs to Azam,unfortunately...

Apoc said on April 19, 2017 at 11:24 p.m.

Plenty of players will like any character that can perform well for them. Being real, though, aside from that, I'll bet it's someone the majority doesn't gaf about. It's a sequel. It should be treated like one, imo. Still even if they released characters fans actually wanted, they would do them improperly(as Gamerbee noted was his reason for not caring about Adon being in the game...it wouldn't be Adon). Heh, Goutetsu the most popular out of the 3 and he's the only real SF character, here. Coincidence? Bottom two are "new" characters. Coincidence? Nope. Players knew Capcom made an obviously poor choice for the s2 roster. Again, it's a sequel. It isn't a new game or series. /facepalm

RylosAU said on April 19, 2017 at 11:50 p.m.

The only one of those three I would be remotely interested in is Goutetsu. Not feeling the other two, especially Won Won.

Main thing I get out of this article though was AdaptiveTrigger putting Akuma on blast. ;)

Professor_Icepick said on April 20, 2017 at 12:03 a.m.

Anyone else, please.

crmjr21 said on April 20, 2017 at 12:06 a.m.

SFV is like a spin-off version of street fighter that includes some street fighter characters.

shockaslim said on April 20, 2017 at 12:06 a.m.

Looks like Rolento to me...

Sasuga said on April 20, 2017 at 12:18 a.m.

A lot of people want to see Goutetsu so it's not going to be Goutetsu. It's probably a new character.

danylarson said on April 20, 2017 at 12:29 a.m.

I m sure the new character is Ed (with interesting psycho powers ) because he is the wearing a hood and the first stage where he appears is the restaurant :)
The next one is Taylor
(the hints are on the backgrounds looks america stage and silhouettes)

with powerfull Grabs the third is Nadeshiko and the latest is gill but before he become a god

Bustawolf said on April 20, 2017 at 12:34 a.m.

Dudley is dat dude. If they do decide to put him in this game, hopefully they'll do him some justice. Always did love his character.

LuvFG said on April 20, 2017 at 12:41 a.m.

http://wccftech.com/street-fighter-v-... bottom right, you can tell by the hair if you take a closer look ;)

Load more comments