Poison Ivy uses plant monsters, a vine mace, and more to battle in Injustice 2 - here's her official introduction trailer

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • April 17, 2017 at 8:15 a.m. PDT

The highly anticipated Injustice 2 Poison Ivy feature is finally here. Today, NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. have released her official character introduction trailer.

In this montage we see a number of Ivy's different options in battle showcased. She has the ability to summon a small familiar that fires projectiles, uses what appears to be a mace made of vine for long range attacks, and more.

Poison Ivy in Injustice 2 image #1 Poison Ivy in Injustice 2 image #2 Poison Ivy in Injustice 2 image #3 Poison Ivy in Injustice 2 image #4 Poison Ivy in Injustice 2 image #5 Poison Ivy in Injustice 2 image #6
Click images for larger versions

You can check out the trailer below.

Source: Castel. Sent in by ABJitz and JTCircus.

Comments

luffy165 said on April 17, 2017 at 8:19 a.m.

Hope those are her main specials and not just gear only cause im liking that minion thing. Cant wait to play her.

HyperViperNZ said on April 17, 2017 at 8:20 a.m.

Ivy looks great. Definitely the best looking face for the females and her gameplay looks really interesting. Plant minions and the mace sort of looks like some sort of stance? Couldn't tell if the minion was her character power or the mace.
Although just before she pulls out her mace it looks like the person using her pressed down twice before another button. Could be just a special move.

malcrash01 said on April 17, 2017 at 8:24 a.m.

She's shaping up to be the Gargos of the game

Zephyrus said on April 17, 2017 at 8:26 a.m.

I love that they gave her a snake fighting style.

Snake in the garden.

AveMcree said on April 17, 2017 at 8:33 a.m.

"Feed Me Seamore"

GenHanTen said on April 17, 2017 at 8:34 a.m.

Friends and I are very excited for this game! Pumped!

NumeroGaijin said on April 17, 2017 at 8:36 a.m.

Tree Hugger

JTCircus said on April 17, 2017 at 8:37 a.m.

She has an overhead and a low but the low is point blank range and the overhead is a way different speed than the low so it won't be a huge problem to block if you are looking out for it. In the trailer, the low is after the B3 wall bounce and the overhead is right before the super move.

She looks like a hybrid between rushdown and zoning which is nice too.
Also that command grab kiss into full combo is just awesome, come on.

JoseppeStandela said on April 17, 2017 at 8:49 a.m.

Ohoo~! Cloud of Darkness normals? I like.

ThisLateGamer said on April 17, 2017 at 8:50 a.m.

I was thinking the exact same thing about her play style.

ParabolaBeam said on April 17, 2017 at 8:53 a.m.

Her special is like NRS really wants to put fatalities in this game, but can't :)

Unique looking/playing character overall though. That minion is going to be annoying af to play against.

icejohn said on April 17, 2017 at 9:08 a.m.

So apparently Poison ivy has been taking kung fu lessons from Christie from d.o.a.
huh.....that's actually fitting. (cause snakes are poisonous, you'll get it)
Although that throw out the possibility of gurl Copperhead. aww...

If i wasn't a character loyalist i'd be hype, but i'm bias cause i love Christie.I know comic fans might be disappointing by this focus on kung fu rather than plant attacks, but maybe there's more.

The_Comedian said on April 17, 2017 at 9:09 a.m.

These character designs don't do anything for me. They don't look good at all.

tertian said on April 17, 2017 at 9:18 a.m.

Cabbage legs

HyperCombinationFinish said on April 17, 2017 at 9:22 a.m.

Looks super boring and not at all how I would think poison ivy would fight

UhDewSea said on April 17, 2017 at 9:25 a.m.

I'm not trying to hate on her because I understand she has alot of Fandom. However, am I the only one that thinks her specials are a little underwhelming? I think swamp things plant based attacks are more interesting. I only say because I feel like she had the potential to have some amazing looking moves.

About what she does have. That plant creature and low whip move looks pretty interesting

MisguidedAngel said on April 17, 2017 at 9:36 a.m.

I think it's a special because in another trailer where she used it it looked like she was pressing down twice as well.

I think it's like Axl Low's Sparrowhawk stance.

Her trait probably has something to do with the plants on her shoulders, is my guess.

downvote said on April 17, 2017 at 9:38 a.m.

I dunno, that's definitely not how I'd imagine Poison Ivy fighting at all.

And she just looks unappealing in every way possible.

This coming from a guy who has a Poison Ivy statue at home.

HyperGadoken said on April 17, 2017 at 9:43 a.m.

She has Shinnoks Magic pillar attack and Reptiles acid spit

Rahavic said on April 17, 2017 at 9:47 a.m.

Face Wars

bornonamonday said on April 17, 2017 at 9:56 a.m.

She gives the impression of a revamped Killer Frost, not just the same winpose either. The Vine maces seem to be the only standout move shown. Maybe the breakdown will make her look more unique but I'm finding her a little underwhelming compared to the work they did with Scarecrow and Swamp thing.

DarkPhoenixRises said on April 17, 2017 at 10 a.m.

Lol Little Shop of Horrors, Love it.

Blade4693 said on April 17, 2017 at 10:09 a.m.

Her win pose is bad af lol and I mean that in a good way

masquedmonk said on April 17, 2017 at 10:27 a.m.

I'm feeling a little underwhelmed myself. This is what happens when you try to cater to fan wishes and you use all your good ideas on the more interesting plant character. I'll give her a chance on the Watchtower stream.

Galletano said on April 17, 2017 at 10:42 a.m.

Why her projectiles aren't turnips that she pulls out of her vagina its beyond me.

stardust99 said on April 17, 2017 at 10:50 a.m.

is only me that thinks this game have stiff and clunky animations?

FightDirty said on April 17, 2017 at 10:54 a.m.

They've gotten better at creating female characters and even the body mechanics look a bit improved (not as stiff/cartoony). Still not a day 1 buy for me but I might pick up the Ultimate Edition when it comes out next year.

cuzzo said on April 17, 2017 at 10:55 a.m.

NRS is really rolling with the news and trailers. Cool beans!

freshtanner92 said on April 17, 2017 at 11:10 a.m.

No...not only you. but remember that not everyone moves like athletes do too. stiff and clunky animations is an NRS thing tho, so people like it( me included), some
don't that is the beauty of taste.

BloodStar69 said on April 17, 2017 at 11:14 a.m.

Bonus points for including Audrey II in Poison It's super. Might give her a try along with Flash and Supergirl.

xDONx said on April 17, 2017 at 12:11 p.m.

WHY THE HELL SHE'S USING KUNG FU?!?!?

SmokeRulz said on April 17, 2017 at 12:28 p.m.

I'm seeing bits of Shinnok, Reptile, and Takeda in there. I dig it.

soulspark said on April 17, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.

something is so off about the character animations to me

XDIEX said on April 17, 2017 at 1:56 p.m.

Horrible costume

DestinyZX1 said on April 17, 2017 at 2:07 p.m.

Hate to disappoint ya but... rubber lips are immune to your charms.

Ichirin said on April 17, 2017 at 2:10 p.m.

Why do all the characters have so wide faces???

CityHunter said on April 17, 2017 at 2:46 p.m.

Im not a big fan of NRS games but I think she looks pretty cool. I dont feel she will be that strong but her playstyle looks pretty interesting

trsone said on April 17, 2017 at 3:03 p.m.

you beat me to it lol

Shumanigans said on April 17, 2017 at 3:22 p.m.

Sick! Not the playstyle I expected but I still like what I see. Top tier face too, relatively.

Joseph said on April 17, 2017 at 3:24 p.m.

Just call the game BATMAN VS OTHER BATMAN CHARACTERS

oArnello said on April 17, 2017 at 3:38 p.m.

No because that would be inaccurate, however you can call it whatever you want.

MisguidedAngel said on April 17, 2017 at 3:58 p.m.

Less than a quarter of the roster is "Batman" characters.

But I understand how math could escape someone who writes in caps.

Torrie_De_Goddess said on April 17, 2017 at 6:10 p.m.

Gorgeous

BoscaBat said on April 17, 2017 at 7:04 p.m.

I love that she's got a style that you wouldn't expect. I thought they were gonna be predictable and make her a zoner.

Deathdeliverer said on April 17, 2017 at 10:07 p.m.

She looks cool as hell to me. I'm torn between her, robin, and flash.

DiegoBrando said on April 18, 2017 at 2:14 a.m.

Her ultimate or however it's called, is her saving the opponent from being eaten by a giant plant monster?

Why? It looks off, Just let the plant spit the opponent on the ground.

teddy2142 said on April 18, 2017 at 2:39 a.m.

Yeah I'm not really feeling her. Swamp Thing has an infinitely more interesting archetype going for him.

Teohkaka said on April 18, 2017 at 12:10 p.m.

I think those two plants coming out of her back all the time look a little dumb. Kind of remind me of awkward weaponary they'd put on the back of an action figure.

Also NetherRealms really seem to like the whole " I summon a throne " victory pose. First Quan Chi , then Killer Forst , now Ivy.

Of course nobody does it as well as Dr Doom , who probably was the first fighting game character to do it.

Well at least she kisses though , back to the days Of X-men vs StreetFighter and MvsC2 Rogue , making her kiss other female characters , yay !!!!