Kolin was the second most played character in Street Fighter 5 last month; Capcom releases March character popularity report

Posted by John 'Velociraptor' Guerrero • April 10, 2017 at 6:50 p.m. PDT

March marked the first full month that the Street Fighter 5 community had newcomer Kolin at their disposal, and it seems players have been very interested in her as she's nabbed the attention of over 10% of all online users.

Capcom has come out with their online popularity report for March, so we get to see who gets to sit at the cool kids table and who has to eat lunch with F.A.N.G. You'll find the top half of the list in the gallery below:

Character Pop image #1 Character Pop image #2 Character Pop image #3
Click images for larger versions

Surprised to see Ryu still on top despite his fall on the tier lists? Yeah, we weren't really either. In any case you can see the full roster ordered by popularity over at the CFN Portal site. Sent in by Skurinski.

Comments

Hakansoilbarrel said on April 10, 2017 at 6:53 p.m.

(makes sense since she's new, better question is, what's her winrate? That's how you tell if she's OP or if it's open season on scrubs, like Akuma)

riku157 said on April 10, 2017 at 6:54 p.m.

I don't think many/any characters had high win rates right after being released.

nemesis78454 said on April 10, 2017 at 6:55 p.m.

I for one would love to eat lunch with F.A.N.G

malcrash01 said on April 10, 2017 at 6:56 p.m.

Kolin then strikes the Shoto food chain, making the Ken into an endangered species

SF91er said on April 10, 2017 at 6:57 p.m.

Roughly half the matches I've played have been against Kolin...really sick of her already. Akuma too.

KingAl said on April 10, 2017 at 6:57 p.m.

I wish Kolin had better looking moves. It seems like every kolin plays the same

Galletano said on April 10, 2017 at 7:14 p.m.

wasup with 12-24? or at least 12-23 we all know 24 is reserved for fang.

The21stGamer said on April 10, 2017 at 7:21 p.m.

Well god damn, Rashid must be at the bottom in terms of usage.

MrPingPong said on April 10, 2017 at 7:23 p.m.

Kolin's such an interesting character. Snowball, ex machine gun blow, vanity step, double jump, counters, unique stun bar freeze.

mikerazorshards said on April 10, 2017 at 7:29 p.m.

Like others have said, all the Kolins are probably because she's new. I bet the next DLC character will cleanse all the the Kolins from the game.

BlitzN said on April 10, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.

Played some today first in awhile Zelda and all... I have to say aa jab just ruins this game it's so boring and dumb.

There are a few characters who are just boring to fight. They're not OP or anything it's just... ok let's see the same move loops over and over. Then either lag happens and you open up or they spam it wrong and die...

Hope season 3 makes some massive changes. I'm finding the cast just plain boring at this point.

Chuck_Remixed said on April 10, 2017 at 7:34 p.m.

She's the only character I enjoy playing in this game(Don't have the season 1 DLC so eh). Ive stopped playing my main at the time(Karin).

RandomSelectMaster said on April 10, 2017 at 7:48 p.m.

And who will be the most played for the month of May? hmmm hmmmm?

Kavey said on April 10, 2017 at 7:56 p.m.

At least the DLC practice works.

Rachis said on April 10, 2017 at 8:14 p.m.

I'm surprised Necalli isn't being used more considering how strong he can be. Guess he's not cool enough.

Heta said on April 10, 2017 at 10:21 p.m.

That's amazing. Then DLC practice works. Hope my girl remains popular after the test drive.

Superspecs said on April 11, 2017 at 1:12 a.m.

That's surprising to me, I've only seen a couple of Kolins online since her release. That said, I am fairly low rank so maybe that has something to do with it.

CoffeeClub said on April 11, 2017 at 1:53 a.m.

You're right.

StarBuster said on April 11, 2017 at 2:52 a.m.

Don't worry, next sh1tty Story Mode NPC will surely turn things around.

NaughtyJuri said on April 11, 2017 at 4:53 a.m.

not even one juri, says alot

alphachimp said on April 11, 2017 at 6:15 a.m.

Why am I not surprised that Chun Li is not in the list..

QueenVirginRemy said on April 11, 2017 at 6:18 a.m.

I think you mean 22 is reserved for FANG

blueimpulse said on April 11, 2017 at 8:36 a.m.

I think that Kolin looks like Cammy. Maybe people are mixing then two.

MetroidG said on April 11, 2017 at 9:12 a.m.

Not if they suck, it didn't work that way for ibuki,juri or guile the first time around.

Xykes said on April 11, 2017 at 10:12 a.m.

"Non even one Juri" what?

Do you really think zero people played Juri? Lol.

Read the fricking article. DON'T SKIM. READ THE WHOLE THING.

This isn't the whole list.

More people played Juri than Chun, Mika, Birdie, Rashid, Vega, etc.

yousirname said on April 11, 2017 at 1:45 p.m.

Can't even take a proper screenshot, or at least stitch the photos together.

theDiReW0lf said on April 12, 2017 at 12:54 a.m.

Bunch of people saw Infiltration main Juri and said "maybe she's not that bad this season!" Can't wait to see her usage for next month.