Killer Instinct community fund project reaches $100,000 goal in just 72 hours; Shadow Jago is on his way!

Posted by John 'Velociraptor' Guerrero • May 4, 2015 at 3:11 p.m. PDT

You may have seen the announcement about the Killer Instinct community fund project a few days back. Just three days after it went live, the $100,000 goal was met.

As a result, the community will receive huge pot and prize bonuses at future tournaments, and will be seeing Shadow Jago as his own character by the end of 2015.

Here's a statement directly from Iron Galaxy Community Manager, Alex Jebailey:

"We are SUPER EXCITED to announce that the Killer Instinct Crowdfunding initiative has SUCCEEDED! We hit the goal of $100,000 within the first 72 hours of the offer going live! There is now $100K in the community fund for tournaments and we are pleased to announce the first tournament we are supporting - EVO this July! We are contributing $50,000 to the prize pool for Killer Instinct. And Shadow Jago will finally become a real character in Killer Instinct with his unique boss moveset, balanced for competitive play!"

Congratulations to the KI community in proving your support for your game so quickly and strongly. You can see the official announcement over at the Ultra Combo Forums.

Thanks to likewoah and a few anonymous tippers for the submissions.

Comments

CaptainHowdy said on May 4, 2015 at 3:14 p.m.

Nice! Very awesome to hear the community coming together, hopefully season 3 Microsoft can give them a bigger budget to play with. KI deserves it.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on May 4, 2015 at 3:14 p.m.

Wow congrats to the community

Bloody_hado said on May 4, 2015 at 3:18 p.m.

Boss Shago incoming :)

Oddness said on May 4, 2015 at 3:40 p.m.

GTKheirro said on May 4, 2015 at 3:49 p.m.

If Shadow Jago is coming, so does his ultimate finish ?

Velociraptor said on May 4, 2015 at 3:50 p.m.

Jebailey stated that he'll be balanced for game play, but yeah, he should have most if not all of his boss moves.

shinra358 said on May 4, 2015 at 3:51 p.m.

yall mother fuc&as paid all that money to develope a clone instead of a new character!?

riku45 said on May 4, 2015 at 4:08 p.m.

he is already a clone...they want to give him a new move set

HmpLghtng said on May 4, 2015 at 4:09 p.m.

Where's the fund to port this to PC, cause I'm ready to blow the load on that.

BornFreeEH said on May 4, 2015 at 4:35 p.m.

They need to uncap the prize money.

This is the FGC making a statement.

Uncap it Microsoft. You'll get a LOT of exposure for your game and it will be taken more seriously.

Capping it is shortsighted.

ScrubStep said on May 4, 2015 at 4:48 p.m.

Thisthisthis! More hand in wallet than hand in pants though.

MnFnGamer94 said on May 4, 2015 at 5:15 p.m.

Yes, because we support it just like we support capcom and its clone characters but we love them so why not do the same here

DestinyZX1 said on May 4, 2015 at 5:17 p.m.

ALREADY!?!?! Wow. Kudos to all who play KI.

Like BornFreeEH said, they should uncap it and add more.

MnFnGamer94 said on May 4, 2015 at 5:20 p.m.

How can pc make much of a difference what competition or tourney uses pc version of a fighter compared to the console version? All i see with a pc port is cross play ability, if anything KI should be taken serious on how strong it came, development was slow but surely become a great fighter indeed especially for online netcode. A pc version is wanted not needed what is needed is ALL of the content the game is suppose to have instead of disappointing console and pc players

Edit: wrong guy

Focusflute said on May 4, 2015 at 5:37 p.m.

cause the KI community is amazing!

HmpLghtng said on May 4, 2015 at 6:23 p.m.

I wasn't sure if you were talking to me or not because of how little sense this made. But I brought up PC so I assume you're talking to me.

Where in my post did I say we couldn't have an updated Shadow Jago AND a PC port? And a PC port can make a difference because many people don't have an Xbox One. Technically an updated Shadow Jago isn't needed, neither is the game itself. They were both wants.

I have no idea what exactly was your argument, but then again this might not have been targeted towards me.

JuriTheSpider said on May 4, 2015 at 6:24 p.m.

I'd donate immediately for a PC port. I really want to play this game now that Cinder is out and looks so much fun. But i will not buy an xbone just for KI and there isn't anything else on the system that justifies the purchase for me

HyperGadoken said on May 4, 2015 at 6:28 p.m.

i don't like his slide move, they need to add something cooler like a Tiger Knee. They should change his wind kick to look more like the one from the first KI, when he did the spin

ShurikenThunder said on May 4, 2015 at 7:27 p.m.

no,that'll be another $50,000 goal

Ranshi said on May 4, 2015 at 8:57 p.m.

I chipped in a bit, but I didn't think that it'd make it, I'm glad it did :)

HyperViperNZ said on May 4, 2015 at 11:56 p.m.

Yay now I can finally fill that empty space in the Season 1 character select screen for where he's supposed to be. Well, I hope thats where he's going...Feels wrongs having a blank space there.

TickleMaster said on May 5, 2015 at 7:10 a.m.

Will shadow jago be available for purchase when he drops? Ill pay 10.00 bucks for a single character not 20.00

Eddie_Dominguez said on May 5, 2015 at 8:06 a.m.

After all of the Microsoft conspiracy theories I read when this was first announced, I'm kinda glad that this happened. Just to make all the people who were bitching about it shut up.

streetfighterjoe said on May 5, 2015 at 10:18 a.m.

Love this game