Mortal Kombat Legacy season 3 in the cards? Director wants to get involved again after quitting

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • April 1, 2014 at 6:16 p.m. PDT

Back in October of last year, the man often associated with breathing new life into live action Mortal Kombat productions dropped out of the upcoming movie and web series, but now it's looking like he wants to get involved again.

Kevin Tancharoen, who directed season 1 and 2 and Mortal Kombat Legacy said they started talking about season 3 recently.

"We are starting to talk about it [Legacy Season 3] literally this week (knock on wood). I'm starting to talk to Warner Bros. and the video game creators, so hopefully we can see it through," he said.

Hit the jump to read more.

Tancharoen acknowledged that the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 "pissed off way too many people," but noted he's working in conjunction with NetherRealm Studios' Ed Boon to see if they can figure out something in regards to the future of the series.

He went on to say they they feel there are many more stories to tell, and that in the future, the stories will be more close-knit.

"With Legacy Season 1, it was kind of a big experiment. No one has done it before, and we didn't know if should be an anthology or connected. We did the first one as an anthology and the second one more serialized," said Tancharoen.

"In the future, it will definitely be more connected and more cohesive... We all feel right now that we have such a trajectory to the series. There are so many more stories to tell in that format," he concluded.

Sources: Inquisitr and NerdReactor.

Load comments (14)