Music and match DLC packs out for PSN Street Fighter 3 3s Online Edition

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • October 25, 2011 at 5:53 p.m. PDT
Music and match DLC packs out for PSN Street Fighter 3 3s Online Edition Capcom made a few more DLC options available for Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition on the PlayStation Network. Two music packs which increase the amount of available songs to listen to, and are from SF3 New Generation and 2nd Impact are available now. Each pack runs $1.99.

Also, Match Pack #2 was posted, which has more footage from an exclusive SF3 3s tournament that Capcom held, attracting some of the best players from around the globe. This costs $3.99.

After the jump, you can find some of the music from New Generation and 2nd Impact.

Songs from Renegade466isback's YouTube page.

Tip from DMANSLAND.

Comments

I_H8_UnitySnow said on October 25, 2011 at 5:56 p.m.

WE WANT -STAGES- from that game. NOT just the Music!
AT LEAST GIVE US THE SEAN BasketBall Parry Training from that game!
I would DIE if they give us the HeartBeat Vibration from the DreamCast version.

I_H8_UnitySnow said on October 25, 2011 at 5:58 p.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

Catalyst said on October 25, 2011 at 5:59 p.m.

@I_H8_UnitySnow

Pirating DLC content isn't allowed here.

I_H8_UnitySnow said on October 25, 2011 at 6:04 p.m.

Pirating? what's that? I literally was asking for a link like everyone else does.

superray21 said on October 25, 2011 at 6:07 p.m.

Nice! 2nd Impact's soundtrack is seriously underrated!

MrPavy said on October 25, 2011 at 6:07 p.m.

you gotta be kidding me, why would they make this a DLC when people have these themes on favorites on youtube or maybe listening to these themes on their ipod while they play the game.thanks for putting 2i Dudley theme btw

I_H8_UnitySnow said on October 25, 2011 at 6:10 p.m.

I guess I cant ask for YouTube Links? Got it!

djb1ge said on October 25, 2011 at 6:15 p.m.

I bet Gill's stage won't even let you change the music. If you remember, his stage didn't get a 2011 remix (though with the way those came out, that's not necessarily a BAD thing) so that may carry over with the DLC. If this is true, it'll be a shame. Nile DnB & The Judgement Day were some of the best from the old soundtracks.

Also, Makoto's, Chun's, Remy's & Q's themes will stay the same (They were only in 3S) and I doubt the bonus stages will change as well.

MonkeyCha0s said on October 25, 2011 at 6:38 p.m.

yea second impact was co-composed by Yuki Iwai. the same guy who did MegaMan X and MegaMan X2

TheDeadTexan said on October 25, 2011 at 6:57 p.m.

I'd rather pay $2 to have someone take away the memories of those god awful remixes.

Hakansoilbarrel said on October 25, 2011 at 7:06 p.m.

(I'm not big on 3S, so I probably shouldn't say anything but:

pay for an exclusive tourney's footage? Okay then...)

KaraFail said on October 25, 2011 at 7:24 p.m.

Agreed. Although I'm a big fan of 3s, paying $4 for some tourney footage seems a little iffy to me.

Oroku_Saki said on October 25, 2011 at 7:25 p.m.

lol, even when I played SF 3rd-SO, I never heard it's default remixed BG music. I have an iPod hooked to the X360 that plays my custom playlists. Paying for music in a game....lol. I didn't think of wasting money like that for Rockband e.t.c, I'm not doing it for a fighting game.

SkllXMnky said on October 25, 2011 at 7:33 p.m.

So... Capcom is making us pay for music we can easily burn to a cd to put on our HDD or load from a USB, matches from players that already have matches scattered around youtube?

DumbDLC said on October 25, 2011 at 7:43 p.m.

honestly capcom and DLC is BS i dont know of anyway to pirate that stuff but I will say that this nonsense does make me want to stop supporting capcom. Wish Evenhubs would post about other games other than capcom ones, all they are doing is hyping up a company that shows they will milk their fans anyway they can.

DunnDeal said on October 25, 2011 at 7:46 p.m.

Dude... The music is only $4 for both packs. I spend more than that on breakfast at McDonalds.

SAOTOME2U said on October 25, 2011 at 8:05 p.m.

I've no issue with the music pack, given I prefer some of the songs from SF3NG and SF32I more than 3S. I think it should have been the stages attached with the music packs instead. Even with these 2 packs, there are 2 tracks missing:

- Yang's theme from 2nd Impact
- Ken's theme from 2nd Impact

Also, they really need to patch up the issue of the "new" songs restarting between rounds...that's a bit annoying.

iloveolives said on October 25, 2011 at 8:55 p.m.

can you attach the music to stages or just listen to it stand alone?

mrdrofficer said on October 26, 2011 at 2:27 a.m.

This.

I've been saying since 2007 - 3S was a really lame effort to 'urbanize' the III series. These songs show the true nature of the series, actually sound like a Street Fighter game should sound like, and, god damn Mr. Iwai, your songs ARE the 90's to me. Bravo.

Relikk said on October 26, 2011 at 5:32 a.m.

Okugawa > Iwai.

EDarkness said on October 26, 2011 at 6:18 a.m.

Anyone think of this DLC as a way of fans putting a little extra money into the game? 3rd Strike OE was a budget title and they've put so much effort into it. If we continue to support great classics like this maybe they'll remake/rerelease other great Capcom classics.

Personally the match packs are a rip off. I can watch old matchs on youtube if I wanted to watch a few games. But I will purchase the music like I would with any other album/single that I enjoy listening to.
(That's when they come out on the bloody EU PSN store)

xShonuffx said on October 26, 2011 at 6:37 a.m.

You guys are shallow, and cheap. I know it's a recession and all but damn, either buy it or don't. Just saying. Free choice you know?

DLC is an option for them to make money,it's no secret conspiracy it's a buisness that any red blooded human who understands economics would agree with, they are asking you to buy it, the simple answer to that is yes or no.

You have the game, that should be enough bare bones for you.

Q80Warlock said on October 26, 2011 at 7:08 a.m.

@17 I bet who ever ported 3S simply went easy way, put the original music on mute - play the dlc music - repeat when round is over !

Wished they'd bring back those great stages from NG/2I.

AlexxShadenk777 said on October 26, 2011 at 7:13 a.m.

This soundtrack sucks ass. I dunno which is worse, this, or the 3S remixes. Nah, it's this.

MALDA said on October 26, 2011 at 8:02 a.m.

Championship_Edition said on October 26, 2011 at 8:42 a.m.

Reading some of the comments here reminds me how fighting game players are often like selfish, whiny children. And how they all want to play Capcom games, but love to trash Capcom for behaving like literally every other company out there.

That, and they're cheap arses too. I suspect if it wasn't relatively likely your xbox would get banned from Live by hacking it, most of them would have just pirated 3S0 to "show them there Crapcom they're not gonna take it!"

Also, people have no taste. The 3S0 remixes are seriously hot stuff. The only one that falls down is Ryu's theme, which lacks punch at the right moments of the original version.

nedflandeurse said on October 26, 2011 at 9:16 a.m.

Far better than any soundtrack of new Capcom games.
That was great musics at this period...

NobleTheNA7RUL said on October 26, 2011 at 11:59 a.m.

@ 17
I too was very disappointed at the missing tracks.... but guess what ?!? They aren't missing!!! if you fight in yang or ken's stage the proper music will play even though you don't select them individually in the DLC menu!!!

Kudos Capcom...