Color guide and Color Pack 2 out for XBL Street Fighter 3 3s Online Edition

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • October 12, 2011 at 11:43 a.m. PDT
Character Color Pack 2 for the Xbox Live version of Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition is out now. It's a little over a 2 megabyte download, and it costs 240 Microsoft points. Here's a color guide for all 19 characters showing what the new options look like.

The PSN version of this pack was released yesterday.

Click images for larger versions

Tip from AlanJLS.

Comments

SteadiestShark said on October 12, 2011 at 11:51 a.m.

Wow, most of these are absolutely terrible.

Some of them look no better than my random half-assed attempts back on CvS2 when I was around 14 or something.

J said on October 12, 2011 at 11:54 a.m.

These are pretty neat.

neoWhite said on October 12, 2011 at 11:55 a.m.

They should've made a color edit mode. I'm sure I'll buy this with money left over on my account.

StreetFighterTekkenFanForever said on October 12, 2011 at 11:56 a.m.

i Wonder why they don't give Gill Different Colors he is a playable Character too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assassin4than said on October 12, 2011 at 11:59 a.m.

Wow very imaginative work with chun. Black, black, black and more black. That ought to satisfy the masses of goth chun players right? ( this costume pack is terrible)

SkllXMnky said on October 12, 2011 at 12:05 p.m.

... Do you even want our money Capcom?

ThaOneKing said on October 12, 2011 at 12:06 p.m.

I can play as Black Hugo and Black Ryu...Sweet!!!

R said on October 12, 2011 at 12:07 p.m.

Color pack 1 is s**t, but I was satisfied with the 2nd impact colors for some characters.

I bought color pack 2, Guess what, it doesn't have 2nd impact colors!! it's all trash!! :(

BestAlgorithm said on October 12, 2011 at 12:17 p.m.

Some of these are nice, but what about a black Elena with black hair? Damn, each color pack has one or two nice colors... why don't they let us manually create our own set of colors we like?

Combo_Knight said on October 12, 2011 at 12:17 p.m.

What's this? the same blue that Sean had last time? Omg capcom take my money!!!!

Louiscipher said on October 12, 2011 at 12:24 p.m.

Hey Capcom. FIX The F$@$ING GAME BEOFRE YOU OVER DLC FOR IT!

DunnDeal said on October 12, 2011 at 12:37 p.m.

Out of all of these colors, I only like the Chun-Li Roundhouse color and Makoto's Jab+Forward+Fierce color. The rest are Ewwwwwwwwwwww

Darkyellow said on October 12, 2011 at 1:01 p.m.

The only color I care about is Dudley in black since he hasn't had a costume where black is the dominant color. Everything else is freaking ugly as sin. Hey Capcom, stop getting my 12 year old brother to do these color palettes. You can't take my money if I just shake him down and give him swirlies until he gives me a download code.

Biowulf said on October 12, 2011 at 1:07 p.m.

I like them, especially the Creamsicle Urien.

xShonuffx said on October 12, 2011 at 1:08 p.m.

@11 What the hell do you want them to "fix" the online patch just came out. GGPO works like it's suppose to, like it's always been, just find people with Green Connections and you will be fine.

If your gonna troll over a balance patch forget it IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!! DEAL WITH IT!!! OR PLAY SSFIV!!!

Color packs suck but let go of this notion that the game needs to be fixed. Just do it, now!

OhYouDontSayThat said on October 12, 2011 at 1:28 p.m.

whats the f*ckin' point if you cant access them when your playing?

every time u want a new color u have to exit to main menue and navigate through options to switch em... Figure it the F*ck out capcom.

Start shouldnt be "random select" u dumb asses, its 2011 and u cant think of a better system than that?

Louiscipher said on October 12, 2011 at 1:34 p.m.

The last pitch fixed absolutely nothing. I have a Rank of 0 (got it day after the patch) and there's still lag and Ranked still sucks.

I've played this game for 5 years kid, know your role and shut your mouth.

U4iA27 said on October 12, 2011 at 1:38 p.m.

capcom needs to just stop bullsh!ting with these lame ass color packs and release a damn color edit mode for the game already. nobody likes these piece of sh!t colors they're making at all.the fact that whoever made these have no imagination is pathetic.

DeathQuote44 said on October 12, 2011 at 1:55 p.m.

Is it just me or does Urien look like urine in his last color?

MMGboys said on October 12, 2011 at 2:09 p.m.

Yup it sure is that golden liquid color

fawaz said on October 12, 2011 at 2:54 p.m.

Will rather but KOF XIII & play with the pallet swaps. Saw it on a YT video, so much fun!

fawaz said on October 12, 2011 at 2:55 p.m.

*buy

DeadlyMoves said on October 12, 2011 at 3 p.m.

Some are AWESOME! Some are TERRIBLE! lol

Where is our color editor mode CAPCOM?!

less said on October 12, 2011 at 3:21 p.m.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike NAACP Edition.

Arcand said on October 12, 2011 at 4:58 p.m.

Puke & sewage themed color set - To charge money for this and not a color editor is a ripoff and insult.

iloveolives said on October 12, 2011 at 5:29 p.m.

I <3 3s! MORE PLEASE!

DR_Jam said on October 12, 2011 at 5:42 p.m.

I do hate pathetic DLC but the black Ryu looks kinda cool.
It makes me think of a blond Sean (like Ken), could be kinda cool as well.

DudeMeister said on October 12, 2011 at 6:18 p.m.

even tough most of these colors look like ass, i have to admit, strong urien looks pretty awesome...
but yeah, i'm not gonna pay anything for this. just give us the ng and 2i stage backgrounds. also are the ng and 2i themes out already?

Idiot said on October 12, 2011 at 6:39 p.m.

And there isn't a color edit why?

General_Awesomo said on October 12, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.

Remy gets some nice colors. Sure, they're pushing YET ANOTHER blond hair, dark jacket, and yellow pants (isn't 3 enough now?)

But Jab looks nice. Close to default hair...and Abel colors lol. It really makes you wonder if Abel really is Remy's father...

Remy finally a brown haired color with Fierce.

Short, even though it's an obvious crowd pleaser (black and red), looks pretty nice.

Forward is pretty unique.

Roundhouse is cool. All blue. You could say it's a Mega Man color. Yay.

Jab+Forward+Fierce is a good, more subtle blue color.

H3r01990 said on October 12, 2011 at 7:32 p.m.

I'm not hating on the color packs. They're not my forte. I'm quite fine with the defaults' and the ones you get from beating arcade mode :)

twe12lve said on October 12, 2011 at 11:08 p.m.

forward Necro is awesome

R said on October 13, 2011 at 12:31 a.m.

#31, wait.. Beating Arcade mode gives you Second Impact colors???!! I thought it's a part of Color Pack #1!

Kratos94 said on October 13, 2011 at 3:48 a.m.

Is it possible to get the Start + lp/mp/hp/lk/mk/hk colors in OE?

neoWhite said on October 13, 2011 at 7:07 a.m.

@#34

Just beat the game with said character and then go to downloadable content and go to color packs and you should be able to switch colors there.

Pretty stupid tedious process.