Roundup: Gouken animation, Planet Zero SBO results, HD cosplay

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • August 21, 2011 at 3:18 p.m. PDT
Roundup: Gouken animation, Planet Zero SBO results, HD cosplay

• Animatelife put up a short, but really cool original animation piece with Gouken and Akuma fighting. There's another clip showing all of the various elements coming together too.

• Hsien Chang (Yun) and Banana Ken (Ken) won the Planet Zero SBO Qualifiers and will be one of the teams representing the U.S. in Japan at Super Battle Opera. Mentioned by KB.

• PsYcHoCI2usHeI2 took HD video of some of the cosplayers, which includes some UMvC3 test footage, and other stuff, at a recent Capcom Fight Club.

• Borawserboxer went into the lab with MODOK for MvC3 and posted a video showing some cool stuff for him. Also, Persona put up a 1.4 million damage Spencer combo without using X-Factor or assists. Tip from Rafael2487.

• The official Street Fighter X Tekken website was updated to show that the game will offer the Fight Request option, where if you're playing single player, an online opponent can jump in and challenge you. Also, some people are speculating with the way the characters appear as is, there's 10 more fighters left to announce, but this page could easily be updated to accommodate more fighters. Submitted by TheDeadTexan and BrawlKarter.

ChaosProductionsInc, Geesolo, Pharaon92i, Rraimannjr and SitverGold all posted gameplay videos of Street Fighter X Tekken or Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or both, from either a Fight Club or game expo. If you do a few YouTube searches, you can find a ton of channels with more footage on them. Sent in by Fawaz, ProtoMan Pillz, NumberOneTool and Brazilanubis3.

Comments

zUkUu said on August 21, 2011 at 3:26 p.m.

that viper is legit.

InitialR said on August 21, 2011 at 3:48 p.m.

illness690 said on August 21, 2011 at 3:51 p.m.

MALDA said on August 21, 2011 at 4:08 p.m.

Fretless94 said on August 21, 2011 at 4:12 p.m.

I might get flamed for this, but that Felicia is kind of a butterface to me.

abdelmajidtolba said on August 21, 2011 at 4:16 p.m.

bullsh*t hsien chang going to SBO!what the hell is hapening to us players,probably enough stupid to forget AE training and play Marvel Bros 3

Grimmjow316 said on August 21, 2011 at 4:19 p.m.

^ ugh Hsien is American.

NvhA said on August 21, 2011 at 4:37 p.m.

So that arrogant cock manage to qualify for SBO. Was happy that Strider/Iperu beat them in SBO quals in Texas. Didn't know there's another spot.

Felecorr said on August 21, 2011 at 4:46 p.m.

The felicia doesnt look sex in the outfit as she is, but I think dressed normally she'd be flaming hot.

Phoenix and Viper were doing too much.

okay said on August 21, 2011 at 4:47 p.m.

Maybe Hsien will do as well as he has in the past SBO tournaments. One and out.

ButterKnife said on August 21, 2011 at 5:12 p.m.

I'm no Tekken expert, but the official site refers to Bob as a "Bounty Hunter." You can tell the capcom staff isn't too interested in the Tekken story :P

YoshinatorZ said on August 21, 2011 at 5:33 p.m.

homina homina homina-BONER!!!

irrenmann said on August 21, 2011 at 5:37 p.m.

That event looked pretty creepy...like a themed night at a strip club in a bad part of town. And some MadCatz sticks.

ratedRsuperstar said on August 21, 2011 at 5:38 p.m.

man if there only going to announce 10 more chars.Then theyll announce super sf x tekken in less then 6 months calling it.

gam3fr33k said on August 21, 2011 at 5:46 p.m.

They left out Poison, so I guess only 9 left

gam3fr33k said on August 21, 2011 at 5:49 p.m.

my bad shes there

DynaDASH said on August 21, 2011 at 6:12 p.m.

I wouldn't say the Felicia cosplay was fit to do it, but props to her for having the courage.

Dude130 said on August 21, 2011 at 6:15 p.m.

Yeah looking at that web page to SFxT with the characters there's going to be another version so I just wait til the next. Sorry Capcom but if thats you idea of a lot of characters Namco's going to make you look really lame on that front.

SAMURAI said on August 21, 2011 at 6:42 p.m.

There are so many characters in the SF & Tekken universe and we get 32 and that's it?
I ain't gonna buy it, you're not fooling me this time Capcom.

JMJ_Th3_Wik3d said on August 21, 2011 at 6:51 p.m.

they didn't fool nobody or not trying to. They want to make as much fighting games as possible. Like most of you guy complain of something stupid like this. Capcom been doing this, since the 80s and have never stop. Its like you guys don't want new fighting games.

561 said on August 21, 2011 at 6:56 p.m.

Ono we both know r mika Is in sf x tekken so just reveal her already:)

SAMURAI said on August 21, 2011 at 7:37 p.m.

@ 20

Capcom did this with the SF series, not with the versus games.

TooItchy said on August 21, 2011 at 7:43 p.m.

People complaining about the Felicia cosplayer not being "Fit" or a "butterface" are pretty funny to me, I'm not a bad looking guy, and have never had to "settle" on girls before, but there is no way I could say anything bad about that girl. She is a thick, big boobed, cute as hell asian girl, honestly, there is nothing better on this earth. Even with her scar or w/e on her hip/side ass. Everyone coming to this site would be lucky to have her, stop trying to pretend like you have higher standards than her, cause we all know you're full of sh*t.

Oh, and that C.Viper cosplayer sorta looked like a dude at first, and wtf at Phoenix. MODOK is a beast, as is Spencer, Hsien Chang is from Texas, stop hating because he isn't named bill or joe, and SFxT looks as casual friendly as ever, in the worst possible way.

jesuslovessatan said on August 21, 2011 at 7:45 p.m.

@5 c'mon!

I would kill my whole family and someone elses just to have one night with that Felicia!!!!

MALDA said on August 21, 2011 at 7:54 p.m.

MALDA said on August 21, 2011 at 7:57 p.m.

Batsu said on August 21, 2011 at 7:59 p.m.

Dem cosplayahz!

So sexy...

Dude130 said on August 21, 2011 at 8:22 p.m.

I'm not complaining I'm just being smart & holding on to my money so when the rest of the cast shows up. Everything else looks fine I just want to wait to pay 40 bucks for it instead that is unless Q shows up then i'll buy it on the first go around.

irrenmann said on August 21, 2011 at 8:25 p.m.

TooItchy: "Everyone coming to this site would be lucky to have her, stop trying to pretend like you have higher standards than her, cause we all know you're full of sh*t."

Why refuse to believe in a world where some people have higher standards than you do? It'd leave more trashy, surgically-enhanced strippers for you.

But seriously, don't leave your cash on the nighstand.

miyodarius said on August 21, 2011 at 8:33 p.m.

I liked the Felicia cosplay
anyway, it can't only be 5 more characters from each side.
on The Street fighter side, I'm still expecting Sakura, Zangeif, Bision, Fei Long, Makoto, Akuma, Guy, Cody... And I still want some never before seen characters.
on the Tekken side, we need Bruce, Bryan, Law, Heihachi, Jack, Christie, Asuka, Lili, Paul, Lei, Xiaoyu, and Jin

MALDA said on August 21, 2011 at 9:25 p.m.

Maryokutai said on August 22, 2011 at 1:43 a.m.

That Felicia is Yaya, who has some other great stuff on her homepage: http://yayahan.com/

J_Hausss said on August 22, 2011 at 2:17 a.m.

I wish I looked that good in a felicia suit...

DynaDASH said on August 22, 2011 at 8:16 a.m.

Having taste and a personal opinion is out of question here in Eventhubs, it's always "my opinion is better than yours" =B

nitsujare said on August 22, 2011 at 9:24 a.m.

Here and in a lot of other forums. It's fine by me though because having s*** like them makes people, who aren't like them, look a lot better. They are the ugly props that make some of the other stuff on the stage a lot better looking just because you have something to contrast them to.

SsjBizzle said on August 22, 2011 at 9:37 a.m.

32 characters in SF X Tekken? God rushing things again.. (Before anyone gives me release date crap..Others would just take a later release date or w/e's possible) Wasn't it gonna have one of the biggest rosters to date though?

I dont believe it , since they've bragged about the size for so long. Maybe the sides are gonna be filled up

SsjBizzle said on August 22, 2011 at 10:13 a.m.

Nvm I thought correctly, apparently Ono said they are gonna have more than 10 characters so its all coo'. :D!

PsychoCrusher said on August 22, 2011 at 4:39 p.m.

@ 37 where did ono say that? hope its true even though sfxt 2.0 is certain to happen anyways i'd like a pretty big cast from the get go