CyberConnect 2 would love to see Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution at EVO, game developed with input from SF, KoF and Tekken producers

Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • May 22, 2014 at 6:54 a.m. PDT

It's fairly uncommon to hear Japanese companies talk about the competitive scene of their fighting games, particularly when said games are based on an existing IP.

CyberConnect2, however, are very much aware of the Evolution World Championship series, and have gone on record in an interview with Siliconera saying that they'd very much like for their latest entry in the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm video game series to be represented at the event in the future.

Below, you'll find the excerpt where CyberConnect2's CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama mentions their desire to have the game present at EVO.

We’d really love to see Ninja Storm at events like EVO, like with Tekken, so, we built it with that in mind. Also, this game is going to be sold in September 2014—and we’re hoping to sell around 1.5 million copies worldwide.

Hit the jump to hear what else was said regarding the competitive nature of the upcoming game.

In the interview with Robert Ward at Siliconera, Matsuyama mentioned their mindset in developing the latest entry in the anime-based ninja fighting game series.

First, know that we’re not trying to appeal to just one audience. Some hardcore fighting game fans will say that the series isn’t that complex, it isn’t that difficult—it’s too simple, basically.

Now, in this game, we’ve built the battle system in a more intuitive way. We asked the producers of King of Fighters, Street Fighter, even Tekken, for input on this, and we’ve come together to make the combat system something that, while open to new players, also offers traditional fighting game fans new challenges.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution is set to be released in September of 2014 in US and Europe. Do you think that the game has any shot of appealing to the hardcore crowd? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks to Tensa and a few anonymous tipsters for sending this in.

Source: Siliconera.

Comments

thec0re3 said on May 22, 2014 at 6:58 a.m.

Hopefully they added joystick functionality to this one. That would probably be the first step in the right direction.

shinra358 said on May 22, 2014 at 6:59 a.m.

Would be interesting. But you know the FGC. Side scrolling only and anything else is UNFAIR lol. I'm surprised the smackdown series never made it. That was a competitive masterpiece.

Wardog said on May 22, 2014 at 7 a.m.

That's cool. We need more variety in tournaments.

Freyzii said on May 22, 2014 at 7:01 a.m.

I have personally never played the Naruto games. But they do look fun and if this really was designed with the possibility of being tournament worthy then why not give it a chance om some tournaments.

iAmKababMan said on May 22, 2014 at 7:02 a.m.

I played the game competitively for a few years and the game is pretty much UMVC3 but in 3D (Only controlling one character though).

It has potential, but it's even more repetitive and cheap as the mahvel series.

BadNewsVegas said on May 22, 2014 at 7:04 a.m.

I think Naruto is just going to be stuck in the same boat as DBZ in terms of fighting games. I hope that's not the case but, I just feel like other "anime" that's been around for a while are better and still don't get nearly as much exposure than they should have. (Games like GG, Blazblue, and Persona are a few fantastic games that needs more attention.) Time will tell though maybe the new Naruto will surprise us.

urien said on May 22, 2014 at 7:04 a.m.

never played it but its more deserving a spot in EVO than that party game called SSBB

theshredder39 said on May 22, 2014 at 7:04 a.m.

Not true, plenty appreciate the likes of Tekken and Soul Calibur, thw one thing that'll set off the FGC on this subject is that this is a game based offf of a popular anime and the FGC likes to take advantage of that by calling people weabus even though almost every fighting game franchise is very anime in themselves, the only one that I can think of that's a bit more western is Mortal Kombat but even then you can see a lot of Japanese influences in that series.

TaurusMAGNUS said on May 22, 2014 at 7:06 a.m.

I figured as much, I've played every Naruto game that came to the states, and with the changes they announced it does look a lot more competitive.

kuroi_aima said on May 22, 2014 at 7:08 a.m.

jojo asb at evo pls!

meltsy said on May 22, 2014 at 7:08 a.m.

It´s still more of a fighting game than Smash Brothers.

fighto2000 said on May 22, 2014 at 7:12 a.m.

If Smash Bros can make it I don't see why this won't make it either. The game is pretty good maybe not for most fgc but still like to play it from time to time.

breveglieri said on May 22, 2014 at 7:17 a.m.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Just one more:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They should die a painfull death for even suggesting this...

Shade said on May 22, 2014 at 7:21 a.m.

I think this would be nice addition to tournaments, adds some diversity

xDONx said on May 22, 2014 at 7:24 a.m.

WOW, after they did with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I'm pretty hyped :D

F_Groove said on May 22, 2014 at 7:25 a.m.

Thing is, are the Naruto games actually competitive? Is there enough depth in it's system mechanics? Or is it just a fanservice brawler?

RenyNoise said on May 22, 2014 at 7:32 a.m.

#KeepNarutooutofthecommunity

Sadisticcupid said on May 22, 2014 at 7:38 a.m.

I think it's both tbh

Taizuku said on May 22, 2014 at 7:40 a.m.

Naruto games are just brawlers in fighting game form. They don't have the depth for real competitive nature. There aren't enough mechanics or combat variety to make it actually competitive. It's too unbalanced and the screen creates an unfair advantage for whoever is closer to the camera. They can see where they are going better. Not competitive enough. Smash can be made competitive, these games cannot.

takeo007 said on May 22, 2014 at 7:44 a.m.

Really...? Naruto? Yes its a fighting game, and though it may be a bit different from games like Street Fighter or Marvel, I do agree that Evo needs some variety. but still.. I've played the games and as Naruto games, they're amazing. As fighters.. meh..

But hey, if they stick to keeping a competitive community in mind for their next game, who knows? Maybe it could be tournament viable. I'll keep an open mind if they are willing to. =)

also, Smash > Naruto

Galletano said on May 22, 2014 at 7:47 a.m.

Sure why not, if the FGC it's willing to consider Smash bros. a fighting game (which for me also is) why not this one? Just make the next game suitable for tournaments.

ponyz said on May 22, 2014 at 7:52 a.m.

yo anime

pandaman64 said on May 22, 2014 at 7:57 a.m.

I hate naruto as a written work, but if the game's mechanics are solid, let it rock.

Dogars said on May 22, 2014 at 7:57 a.m.

Looking at their track record for balance in their games... No thanks.

ToastyDMY said on May 22, 2014 at 7:58 a.m.

We need to start Having Budokai 3 tournaments if we're to do Naruto

Budokai 3 is so underrated because of how people catagorize it as an anime fighter

it's surprisingly deep

ButterKnife said on May 22, 2014 at 7:58 a.m.

Guilty Gear, Blazblue, and Persona aren't put down because they're anime games.

The reason they'll never be big because they limit the releases of their games.

Blazblue and GG refuse to release on Xbox or PC and Persona hates Europe.

X_Axel said on May 22, 2014 at 8 a.m.

NO the Storm games Fing sucks, they need to go back to 2d format were it was actually not broken and competitive.

CyberShinobi said on May 22, 2014 at 8 a.m.

I have to agree, if Smash can make it to EVO I don't see why a Naruto game developed to be played competitively can't make it. The only way its going to make it is if the Naruto community makes their presence known. Start with a side tourney just like every other game. If CyberConnect2 is serious they might want to step up their involvement and put up some pot bonuses.

Drawing the comparison of Naruto being a 3D anime version of Tekken is spot on and there shouldn't be a reason why this version can't do well competitively.

ToastyDMY said on May 22, 2014 at 8:01 a.m.

I've played Naruto and watched it

It's horesh1t plotwise

but cyberconnect made some decent games

Rye_Aka_SekaiSenshi said on May 22, 2014 at 8:04 a.m.

Not a chance, unless they change the game from Storm style to that of more of the 2d Naruto fighting games back from the Ps2 days and or let Tomy make a fighter similar to CON. Other than that, make it similar to Chaos Code just with Air combos and stuff. I don't ever see this game ever being played at EVO (Probably side only) unless big money comes in mind.

TehTy said on May 22, 2014 at 8:16 a.m.

If any anime game should come to EVO, it's Jojo's. It's simple, but there nothing game breaking in it.

Tensa said on May 22, 2014 at 8:18 a.m.

It would be interesting to see but they would have to not add so many clones and 5 of the same character I think the closest naruto game that could be at tourneys would be the clash of ninja games if they still made them but you never know.....

ReddChief said on May 22, 2014 at 8:19 a.m.

Make the game correctly (2D) and it would have a chance, i sure would buy it.

werewolfgold said on May 22, 2014 at 8:19 a.m.

Welp, they do seem to be making some changes. We'll see how the game turns out, I suppose...

MANDINGO said on May 22, 2014 at 8:32 a.m.

handsofgod said on May 22, 2014 at 8:33 a.m.

This and dzb should be made more competitive rather than a fan milkage... Would love to see what capcom could do with these titles and characters. I wish them luck!

Shinkutatsumaki said on May 22, 2014 at 8:35 a.m.

Although I loved the game, the Glitches in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 were ridiculous. Also the character balances have always been way out of wack. *Cough* Masked Man *Cough* However, I really really like the new approach that Cyber Connect is taking to the game. They're really looking to fix their issues and make it a solid game full of legit mechanics and strategies. If they take the same serious approach that Capcom is doing currently with Ultra, then Naruto will be the next big thing in the FGC.

RYU81 said on May 22, 2014 at 8:35 a.m.

that last things what we need , if that happen. will be enter stupid games like wwe,dbz,ufc,fighters within,bleach,playstation all stars etc.pls hell no

JusticeSoulTuna said on May 22, 2014 at 8:39 a.m.

I'd want Naruto Storm 2 personally. That game was THE ONE

ChristianDMG said on May 22, 2014 at 8:53 a.m.

parry for naruto games plz. #Kappa

RunnersKnee said on May 22, 2014 at 8:53 a.m.

*Still doesn't see JoJo's All Star Battle anywhere*

CyberShinobi said on May 22, 2014 at 9:02 a.m.

For all the people bringing up JoJo you are silly. JoJo has no where near the recognition and notoriety as Naruto. JoJo is just too niche.

CyberShinobi said on May 22, 2014 at 9:03 a.m.

When did you start playing fighting games?

GodPride said on May 22, 2014 at 9:10 a.m.

I've only seen one game in the series played on a demo and from what I've seen, there's potential. It definitely had more nuances than SF4 and I can't imagine the balance being worst than SF3S, so why not..

If they want their latest game to be revered like SF4, then Cyber Connect will have to make spacing a thing and think geometry. In a game with a 3D arena, you can probably look at it from a bird's eye view though that's not to say the game has to be played from that perspective but elevating the camera a tad bit could help communicate that idea.

Snipeclips said on May 22, 2014 at 9:10 a.m.

I heard some of the other Naruto games can be quite competitive, so I do not see the problem in seeing this being the same if they want to see it in something like Evo. It is very shameful to witness people who neglect games based on a set standards these days.

RYU81 said on May 22, 2014 at 9:12 a.m.

before 15 years,anyway better bring back Tekken,SC5,GG,DOA etc better than this stupid game.

HyperCombinationFinish said on May 22, 2014 at 9:13 a.m.

I've played some of the older games and I don't think they'd be tournament viable. That said, I'm not aware of the system changes and steps they're taking to make this new game more competitive and deep. I could see it working. Have they announced the system changes they're making? Does anyone here know what they are?

Yung said on May 22, 2014 at 9:14 a.m.

I would love it too, if the game wasn't so broken.

Zanomaru said on May 22, 2014 at 9:19 a.m.

You need a least some people playing a game for it to appear at Evo.
#UFC Kappa

SnakeofNinjutsu said on May 22, 2014 at 9:19 a.m.

They should just do a naruto game like how they did with Jojo ASB. Jojo used to be unbalanced when it was first released in japan. Then they actually did like 2-3 patches to make the game completely balanced. If they can do it with Jojo, I don't see how they can't with naruto.

MarthFE said on May 22, 2014 at 9:19 a.m.

These games are just OOOOOOOO^XOOOOO. I play them and enjoy them and always hoped for a more competitive version because the art is good and the game IS fun.

Since they're putting "revolution" in the title I wouldn't be surprised if they're kinda merging it with the wii naruto fighters, which would be great. Regardless, I'm picking up the title when it comes.

Chrisuchiwa said on May 22, 2014 at 9:22 a.m.

I would love to see Naruto at Evo, That would be such a great move and bring a lot of people into that FGC.

CyberShinobi said on May 22, 2014 at 9:22 a.m.

So by your standard don't allow any game that didn't already have a large community/following. I started playing back in the arcade when street fighter 2 came out. If I had the same mind set as you marvel, tekken, and smash wouldn't be allowed at evo either!

If there is a community of people who like the game and play it competitively who are we to knock them for enjoying it or wanting to be amongst other fighting game enthusiast.

TrueGamingGuru said on May 22, 2014 at 9:23 a.m.

That would be pretty interesting to see for a variety of gaming tournaments, as much as I enjoy the Naruto series & have played the Naruto games in the past (all the way to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3) but for tournament wise when it comes to gameplay if I had to choose between SSB or Naruto.

I would choose SSB, mostly the fact that the Ultimate Ninja Storm games wasn't design around something that Hardcore FGC would dive into the mechanics & its even more simplified plus its counters became really simple & there isn't much restrictions (unlike Clash of Ninja series, Ultimate Ninja series, & Naruto Storm 1-2) since its counters now have a separate meter & there isn't proper input timing. Another question (which could be a problem) is the Ultimate Ninja Storm games balance?

Although this could completely change mind if the developers are really considering on improving the battle system along with giving hardcore gamers abit of challenge that would be a very promising idea (and could have a solid fighter game). If they're taking inputs from producers or King of Fighters, Street Fighter, & Tekken to improve the combat mechanics, then we might have something really good.

I've came back to the Ultimate Ninja Storm games (which I didn't pre order or pay full price on Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 nor Generations), and got 2 of them for a cheap price & played Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 through the Adventure Mode. I'm definitely giving Revolution a pre order, and I do hope it doesn't disappoint.

RunnersKnee said on May 22, 2014 at 9:25 a.m.

I agree, it fits FGC "requirements" for a fighting game, and is clearly built to be one (I don't understand why it's shunned and ignored).
Seeing games like Naruto Storm/DBZ/etc played competitively would be very entertaining, but I don't see it as a fighting game imo

TemoteJiku said on May 22, 2014 at 9:28 a.m.

Well, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution... It's new game, and when i say about this... I mean it can be different this time, let's step back from balance discussion, because the game is still in development, and when they say that kind of thing:"Now, in this game, we’ve built the battle system in a more intuitive way. We asked the producers of KOF, SF, Tekken and etc... They more serious about balance this time!
I was playing naruto storm games series so long(platinum trophy wink wink!), and it was fun experience! It's no nearly braindead gameplay as so can say, and to add that, i didn't even used a "op" characters, or so they say... And was winning to earn some ranks!
Please, don't think from the start, about simplicity! Give this game a chance! With new battle system!
What good things i can say about storm series? But not as a naruto fan, but just like some fighting player? This game doesn't have much execution problems! You know this right? Finally get to home, tired, exhausted... In my head so much problems, and such bright different game always a help in this times ^_^ variety is never a bad thing!

jme said on May 22, 2014 at 9:31 a.m.

When's Shonen Jump vs Capcom

BadNewsVegas said on May 22, 2014 at 9:36 a.m.

I think you may have a point on that. As far as ports go. I feel that Xbox and PC would be a huge help in opening up player/fan base for those games including Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

onion_scroll said on May 22, 2014 at 9:38 a.m.

I feel like the naruto fighting games are only a few tweaks away from being a competent fighting game. For example, remove the ability to teleport-escape mid-combo, character balancing, refined hit stun, etc.

Xykes said on May 22, 2014 at 9:42 a.m.

I say go for it!

Variety is good...especially when the game is new.
EVO should support new games in the genre.

KingKong said on May 22, 2014 at 9:43 a.m.

Well it's not up to the devs or the EVO staff; it's up to us, the community, to play this game competitively and support it. That could happen if the game itself turns out to be legit

Dimensional said on May 22, 2014 at 9:58 a.m.

I only played Naruto Shippuden ultimate ninja storm 2 and it was great fun I really enjoyed it but from a competitive standpoint it was horrible there were basically a few good characters and then the rest. I even switched from Hinata who I enjoyed playing the most to Naruto so I could use his awesome awakening and win more matches. Dont think I ever lost if I awakened it was that good as long as you knew how to corner them.

The new one may be different but 2 at least was not competitive it was fun as hell though.

DarkSamehada said on May 22, 2014 at 10:06 a.m.

i really hope evo lets it rock i think it i will help the fgc grow when it comes to anime people don't F around plz be smart about this

arcadifvid said on May 22, 2014 at 10:08 a.m.

yeah... Nope! over the years some developer would always mention "EVO" just to lure some FGC to get their game. Anyone remember when THQ mentioned they wanted UFC3 to be in EVO?.. and some even presumed it had a guaranteed spot because they were a sponsor before? How about all the begging s-kill did to get PSABR into EVO? ..Naruto.. sheesh.. I suppose there will always be a slot for anime fighters though...

Lockm said on May 22, 2014 at 10:15 a.m.

When i first tried out one of these games i was surprised i couldn't use my stick...i absolutely hate having to use a controller. I also hated the buttons mashing quicktime events. Anyway i would buy a solid 2D/3D Naruto fighting game in a heartbeat. My first experience with the Naruto games hasn't been hopefull for the future though.

RYU81 said on May 22, 2014 at 10:15 a.m.

i see,if that i want divekick back to evo2014 and wwe have large community/following than other fighting games that mean will great to play it in competition?

ppl want a unbalance games to enter competition and solid games are enter for 1 year then remove them.goodluck FGC.

edit:i want fight night series -_-

U4iA27 said on May 22, 2014 at 10:22 a.m.

If naruto is to be taken seriously it has to shift the damn camera so BOTH players are EQUALLY visible!!! This is my single most hated thing about these games (same with dbz tencaichi). It doesn't even need to go the 2D route, just let me see my damn char if i just so happen to be player 2. I shouldn't have to squint to see my char just because im 2P. Also change the engine and mechanics so that each char is actually different and unique from the others outside of what is visually taking place on the screen (also an issue tencaichi suffers from).

Sanox said on May 22, 2014 at 10:39 a.m.

if they want the game to be at evo. the game needs something that actually gets the fgc interested.

no 1 attack button combat, diverse characters, interesting mechanics, etc.

all these things are possible if cc2 actually wants it.

ofc the fact that it is naruto alone will make it hard for anyone to take the game seriously.

ultrachen talking about the offensive and defensive capabilites of sasuke certainly would be something haha.

Liam_Butler said on May 22, 2014 at 10:42 a.m.

I'm pretty sure this will be better than whatever Jojo was suppose to be... Poor Jojo...

FalsoL said on May 22, 2014 at 10:42 a.m.

This game is really funny and broken as hell. It could replace UMvC3 at EVO

Hypermarth said on May 22, 2014 at 10:46 a.m.

Yeah the 1st Storm game was ok, but the newer ones... Substitution Jutsu and Broken assists lololol. I still kind of enjoyed the neutral game though... it was simple but it felt pretty cool.

SRK_over_EH said on May 22, 2014 at 10:47 a.m.

Naruto and bleach manga is all I know.

Averyth said on May 22, 2014 at 11:05 a.m.

In my first opinion everyone that is bagging on naruto being able to have a spot in evo either don't like anime fighters or just naruto in general i don't hear anyone complain about persona being in evo and unless any of you give it a go at naruto to try and play competively than you can't state an opinion for the reason of not knowing what experience the game brings no one is even taking into consideration that went to the creators of #streetfighter and #tekken to get tips and advice of how to make their game into more of a tournament like perspective and instead of trying to welcome a new game to the Fgc half of you decide to slander it and than demand for something that can't be provided to them, i play the game and have alot of fun playing it one fact that i will place its previous sequels would not be up to tournament standards for lack of character balancing and glitches but cyberconnect2 have been picking up the slack when they started to fix the problems their fans were complaining about so they sent out an expansion to fix character balancing, now with nuns revolution they added in some new mechanics that make the game more of a competively environment since their making the game more challenging to get things like awakenings and ultimate attacks and if your worrying about tech naruto storm games already got that from zoning to move cancels

Unverclopt said on May 22, 2014 at 11:15 a.m.

JoJo's ASB fro EVO!

Averyth said on May 22, 2014 at 11:21 a.m.

I don't know about anyone else but i would like to be a pro player since it'll be fresh game to jump on. I SUPPORT CYBERCONNECT2AND NARUTO ULTIMATE NINJA STORM REVOLUTION FOR A SPOT IN EVOLUTION AND HOPE THAT EVENTHUBS WILL AS WELL LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING NARUTO AT EVO 2015 an added note super smash bros is a legit fighting game and those who think that jojo's bizarre adventure should be in instead of smash bros. shame on you, you should leave the FGC alone in my opinion but thats just my opinion

zeroroute said on May 22, 2014 at 11:25 a.m.

I agree with this since it has more in common with traditional fighters

jelaninoel said on May 22, 2014 at 11:28 a.m.

NUNS games have always been MVC2 levels of unbalanced, maybe even broken, and i laughed at the headline when i read it. I initially dismissed this game as filler when the trailer was announced and was going to pass. But hearing they built the game with EVO in mind has me interested. Might pick this up now

tortoos said on May 22, 2014 at 12:29 p.m.

If we're gonna bring in a fighting game based off an anime to evo, i'd rather it be ASB.

LarsMasters said on May 22, 2014 at 12:31 p.m.

No wonder why Shonen Jump becomes the main reason in worldwide fighting game tournament. Look at Jojo & North Star for example

Snow said on May 22, 2014 at 12:45 p.m.

Wake me up when Bleach: Dark Souls gets the attention it deserves or a proper sequel on the 3DS and/or Steam.

riku45 said on May 22, 2014 at 12:46 p.m.

Forget the Ninja Storm series. It is all about the Ninja Taisen games.

You can see where street fighter 4's FADC system comes from :P

Raiden365 said on May 22, 2014 at 1:06 p.m.

FGC is not ready for that. They need to sell a product like Naruto by adding credible names to the list of developers, and saying they worked closely with CC2 during every phase of development. "Input" will force the FGC to attempt to find things to make the game a legit experience from a traditional standpoint, and I dont think most have that desire to discover something hardcore from the unconventional fighting games. Then again, Smash has been hardcore for years and its unconventional as hell.

RYU81 said on May 22, 2014 at 1:14 p.m.

first CC2 must stop release Naruto games in every year,then let other players to focus one game to play.that the main reason why these random fighting games not supposed to play in tournaments.

ZenRazor said on May 22, 2014 at 1:19 p.m.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing some anime games at tournaments it would be cool to have variety like that. Except they should make a completely new game and than put it maybe a new DBZ or Project All Stars.

HooliganComboFTW said on May 22, 2014 at 1:24 p.m.

Why not since unorthodox games like smash can be deemed competitive. Only issue is that the bamco DBZ/Naruto games doesn't seem to care about character balance as much as cramming as much characters as possible. Then again Marvel has similar complaints so it all comes down too how many people show up. If the developers throw prize money or promos like t-shirts then I can see it as a successful side game, but main game is unlikely since the more competitive anime/3d fighters struggle to become main game themselves

MisterVinuto said on May 22, 2014 at 1:30 p.m.

game doensn't have the depth like other fighting games like SF, Tekken, GG/BB and even Smash. I played them and there is almost no freedom in the system for combo's. Just the same with small extensions with the assist characters and the camera is horrible.
But maybe in the future, or the playstion 2 version with a more in depth combo and game mechanic system.

urbanronin said on May 22, 2014 at 1:38 p.m.

first they need to learn about character balance

iMTopTier said on May 22, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.

them 1 button combos though lol

this at EVO lmao

mcknight8279109 said on May 22, 2014 at 2:13 p.m.

Yes the 2d ones were so good lol the best one was Ultimate ninja 4, just imagine this game in 2d format with the graphics they have now.

JiCi said on May 22, 2014 at 2:17 p.m.

Such a game would be Japan-locked due to the myriads of IP holders in the West. You want another problematic release like TvC? Yes, it happened, but not without hurdles upon hurdles.

Back on the topic at hand, I don't see why not. CyberConnect 2's games could get one or two tourneys (Naruto and JoJo), side tourneys at best. Y'know, just for fun, not for fame and wealth.

uchihanirvana said on May 22, 2014 at 2:22 p.m.

i'd admit, the naruto games aren't really that complex. fun, but not complex. but i don't understand how people can say " the game is broken" when practically every fighting game that has came out in the last 10+ years has been broken to some degree.

be happy that they're atleast trying to make the game competitive, instead of bitching about it.

AttorneyMayCry said on May 22, 2014 at 2:36 p.m.

I think there are other more deserving games but I don't mind the attempt at variety.

Funcrusher said on May 22, 2014 at 3:12 p.m.

Bleach 2nd is legit. I love that game. I don't know why they followed 2 great fighters with an ass platformer and a sub-par SRPG.

drillbit777 said on May 22, 2014 at 3:21 p.m.

CC2 needs to fix the broken assists and characters first before even thinking about having this game at EVO. I'll welcome to the idea of this game being at EVO but it needs alot of work before it can get to that level especially if its a yearly game that keeps messing with the characters and adding in new assists and characters that can mess up the balance.

RandomSelectMaster said on May 22, 2014 at 3:34 p.m.

Yes, put this game in there. Would love to see me some competitive play on this.

HmpLghtng said on May 22, 2014 at 3:44 p.m.

If this one goes back to the battle system from the second one, I wouldn't mind watching it flourish. I hate the newer system those games have now, it's not balanced at all.

ZiggzBoy16 said on May 22, 2014 at 3:49 p.m.

I myself always though this game was a mashin' beat em up for a long time..that was until I played my friends who were into the games since the original Ultimate Ninja titles. At the moment I'm playing to gain some skill so I've been online ALLOT, and trust me when I say my years of practice at defense and counter hitting couldn't account to the rules this game plays at all. But I understand the skills that N: UNS players must have gained to be as good as they are in it. It's the same skills needed to be good in DOA, or any fighting game. There are people who've spent years on the mechanics of these games and it shows.

I'm not a pro or even that great at this game to really input but from what I've seen this game has more than enough elements to be a fighting game. I think the only problem would be some of the character's balance, especially awakenings.

ArcadeRobot said on May 22, 2014 at 4:22 p.m.

Make IT Happen mister wiz ^_^

Warbeast said on May 22, 2014 at 4:27 p.m.

i concur, it would be an awesome idea.

Ninjagoon said on May 22, 2014 at 4:38 p.m.

It could work if they did better balancing, made substitution something like a combo breaking mechanic, maybe have the transformations as an alternative to having partners (you cant transform and have assists), Decrease character selection by just making younger versions just model swaps and you can choose ultimate jutsus, Improve gameplay by atleast having it 2 buttons instead of a mash fest, and maybe include something like local split screen or just go back to 2D. Thats a few ways they can make it a bit more competitive.

Load more comments