'Decapre's U2 is arguably the best anti-fireball Ultra in the game; she can punish Guile's Sonic Boom on reaction' - DaFeetLee's Decapre write-up

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • May 16, 2014 at 3:20 p.m. PDT

Earlier this week, DaFeetLee uploaded a quick video that showcased a heavy-hitting Decapre combo in Ultra Street Fighter 4. Today, an in-depth character breakdown has been posted on his website that details Decapre's unique normals, special moves, and more.

This is an excellent write-up for anyone interested in Ultra Street Fighter 4's fifth characters due to the amount of information divulged. Featured here is a list of her main bread and butter combos, discussion of the normal attacks she has that differ from Cammy's, the usefulness of her Ultras, and more.

According to this analysis, the ground version of Decapre's Ultra 2 (DCM) is one of, if not, the best anti-fireball Ultra in the game. The attack is lightning fast, and DaFeetLee notes that it can even punish Guile's Sonic Boom on reaction.

Hit the jump for a snippet of this awesome Decapre breakdown.

DCM (U2):

Ground version: charge b, f, b, f+kkk
Anti-air version: charge db, df, db, uf/ub+kkk

- Decapre’s U2. This is the ultra I generally use when I play her. The ground version of DCM is arguably the best anti-fireball ultra in the game. She travels almost instantaneously across the ground and she can even punish Guile’s sonic booms on reaction. I don’t believe the rumors that DCM is 3f/4f however because the only way I could combo into the ground version of DCM was if I got a counterhit cr.hp (much like Cammy’s old ch cr.hp U1 combo).

The anti-air version of DCM is also incredibly fast. If you’re holding a db charge against a neutral jumping opponent, you can punish their neutral jumps if you do anti-air DCM. It also punishes regular jumpins really well. Decapre can combo into anti-air U2 if she hits an early anti-air Psycho Sting or if she hits an EX Scramble ground pound.

For the entire scoop on Decapre in Ultra Street Fighter 4, be sure to check out DaFeetLee's write-up.

Comments

rakuko said on May 16, 2014 at 3:27 p.m.

i believe it. on that note, i always wondered what Ibuki SA3 would have been like if it was chosen to be U2 for Ibuki in Super. that thing is anti-button pressing in general and hits low... <3

Akua said on May 16, 2014 at 3:37 p.m.

I can confirm this. It doesn't go full screen though so that's one thing.

YorKeY said on May 16, 2014 at 3:39 p.m.

Great now Capcom will see this, and with their fear of creating strong characters that will speed up the start and kill pace of the game, they'll end up just nerfing her cause of this article. I use Yun/Viper/and probably gonna be Decapre, let me guess my baby Vipers next?
Just "title it 3 reason Viper is going to be broken in USF4."(similar name to the Yun article that was just posted -_-)and put a little picture of mini combofiend there, so he knows it's for him.

Toomnyusernae said on May 16, 2014 at 3:39 p.m.

Vega U1 can punish ex sonic booms as well but he needs a corner to do the job. There's other ultra moves that cannot be jumped away without getting hit such as Oni's U2. Something tells me Decapre's will also be the same. I'm curious to see the proper punish for it.

GoldenTrophy said on May 16, 2014 at 3:43 p.m.

Still have to charge to do this but it'll get nerfed I bank on it

PwnageJuIcE said on May 16, 2014 at 3:44 p.m.

Great its a good fireball punish but other characters have these as well, and I mean come on its a charge move so its not like u can just walk around and make your opponent scared to throw a projectile. It will be treated as chun,rog's and any other charge characters ultra, people just won't throw projectiles if a decapre is down backing.

meltsy said on May 16, 2014 at 3:54 p.m.

Everyone crying about this obviously never played a charge character. It's not like you can use this on reaction anytime during the match. You must have charge, so at least a little bit of anticipation is required

SeaJay said on May 16, 2014 at 4:12 p.m.

Hey eventhubs, visited the page and just got a Trojan virus alert

Hexelf said on May 16, 2014 at 4:14 p.m.

Yes, I can play Elena, Hugo, Rolento and Poison already via SFxT. I love the game to death but yes please give me more reasons to check out Decapre before the next major I'll attend :3

ANGRY_SCAR said on May 16, 2014 at 4:50 p.m.

Lame.

Ryu_Apprentice said on May 16, 2014 at 4:58 p.m.

CAPCOM please make Honda U1 as fast as Decapre and I will play USF4 all my life.

Xykes said on May 16, 2014 at 5:05 p.m.

New tech --> Hey guys, try this: "When Decapre is charging, don't throw a fireball. When she is moving around, throw a fireball."

Ryu_Apprentice said on May 16, 2014 at 5:21 p.m.

easier said than done bro. Easier said than done.

Serious_Mr_Karate said on May 16, 2014 at 5:44 p.m.

Yes Finally Charge character can stand a chance with projectile char, Imagine if Mike Ross play with this Char maybe He can win Evo this year.

Getdownbrown83 said on May 16, 2014 at 5:52 p.m.

Wonder who all is getting the nerd bat on console version

spotlesseden said on May 16, 2014 at 6:16 p.m.

I don't believe she can punish Guile's Sonic Boom on reaction without anticipation. You probably have to do the motion before guile does the sonic boom.

TheMasterPlayer said on May 16, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.

Decapre will be the NEW Cammy once the console version hits. And even then, Capcom will again make another balance update to ULTRA, nerfing her in the process. Next update is USFIV ver. 2015. You heard it here first.

darko_p86 said on May 16, 2014 at 6:40 p.m.

Amazing that they're trying to figure out how bad they can stick it to guile further and further. Enough already. We're fully aware he had peoples underarms dripping "hater juice"

alphachimp said on May 16, 2014 at 6:46 p.m.

Good..she can't be picked on.

xianmsg said on May 16, 2014 at 7:09 p.m.

So much news on Ultra is really getting me HYPE!!!! June 3RD!!! Cant wait to start playing the game!!

synce said on May 16, 2014 at 10:42 p.m.

Please no knee jerk nerfs...

mfgukenny said on May 16, 2014 at 11:39 p.m.

Ummmm it's the same thing with Chun-Li. I've seen people punish light sonic boom with her ultra.

fireinthehole said on May 17, 2014 at 12:20 a.m.

Decapre should be the character that's "for Mother Russia!" Screw Zangief.

umad said on May 17, 2014 at 2:11 a.m.

I agree with this.

Necreon said on May 17, 2014 at 3:28 a.m.

I'll tell you a secret. Vega can do the same SINCE VAILLA SFIV.

Necreon said on May 17, 2014 at 3:34 a.m.

Difference is, Yun is god damn OP because oh his ridicolous hitstuns allow him to basicly combo everything-to-everything and has the strongest blockstring in the game via nothing more than jabs and medium punches, something a HUGE part of the roster has no answer against because they lack invincible reversals and the fact that you are forced into a block after his animation ended for so long, anything you'll try to do to counterpoke will not oly whiff or get blocked, but PUNISHED by his NEXT move even if that move has slow startup like a standing HK. You'll see what I am talking about when the other half of the roster with such a thing will get his ass kicked in a 7-3 matchup, just because of the DP(block) FADC forward nerf. Which is a good thing, but Yun still needs to be toned down. Give him new tools, buff his special's damage, I don't care, but those normal moves are beyond joke.

Meanwhile, Viper needs incredible precision and speed on input side, being a high skillcap character. Yun is someone everyone can be OP with after 10 minutes of training.

BuffBison said on May 17, 2014 at 5:47 a.m.

Lol yea i agree. I dont think he's OP'd but he is strong as hell. Yun's hit stun is a little ridiculous lol. That fadc -5 is gonn help him I think more than any1. But thats y we love fighting games. They never will be even across the board, but really we dont want that. We like to see the low tier beat high tier in tournies, we like to see the Smugs, Zeus' s, and MLS Swears, and Xion's take low tier character and make them look great. Thats the beauty of Street Fighter bruh. You can always tweak the game but new tech is gonna be found that developers didnt know was there and the game changes drastically. Example umblockables and vortex. I wish they stop tryna balance and just let the game evolve. Tech comes out and we find a new tech to beat that. Thats how a game evolves.

genocide_cutter said on May 17, 2014 at 8:17 a.m.

And this character is still dumb

etrotman said on May 17, 2014 at 8:17 a.m.

deus said on May 17, 2014 at 8:52 a.m.

Who had the best AA ultra before this one?

Fei Long n Cammy U2 as AA is good, I'd say Flong AA U2 is the best

keebler said on May 17, 2014 at 11:41 a.m.

I wouldn't say those u2s are the best anti airs. Its more that they are excellent momentum killers, as most people will just cutback on their air attack pressure altogether when stocked. In that same token, its like u are choosing an ultra that'll probably give you no damage output, for the purpose of just messing with their game plan. Its situationally effective.

I would only say decapres u2 is amongst the elite because it also has a grounded version. Plenty of people have amazingly strong anti air ultras. The two things that decapre has over others is one, the angle allows easier punishing of neutral jumps that otherwise could be slightly out of range, and two, many people end up performing a non-full animation ultra which reduces the damage, while decapre is always full animation and full damage. Sorry for the run-on sentence, lol.