From easiest to most difficult to use - LordKnight's Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma chart

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • May 12, 2014 at 11:41 a.m. PDT
Last week, LordKnight unveiled his Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma tier list, placing each character on a chart based upon how good they are in the current version of the game. As an added treat, we were given a breakdown of each character and an explanation of why they were placed in their respective spots.

Today, LordKnight continues with the BBCP tier list, but this time he's taken a different approach. What follows is a chart that rates the roster from easiest to most difficult to use. The characters that lie at the top of the list are easy to learn, while the more difficult to play are found on the lower half.

You can check out LordKnight's chart by hitting the image below, and feel free to share your thoughts about this list in our comments section.

Click image for LordKnight's MMCafe chart

Via LordKnight on Twitter.

Comments

star123us said on May 12, 2014 at 11:48 a.m.

Amane....Need efforts and hard to use... SAD :(

genocide_cutter said on May 12, 2014 at 12:08 p.m.

Well it looks like Blazblue is not that hard

theshredder39 said on May 12, 2014 at 12:39 p.m.

I'm willing admit to using Mu-12, Azrael and Terumi but I didn't choose them out of being easy to use I just love their battle themes, I am pretty good with Rachel too, she's super fun to use in my opinion, I'm working on Carl though.

Galletano said on May 12, 2014 at 12:43 p.m.

I should give this game a go, I have never tried it I found out yesterday that the game has a 4 button layout and I like that a lot. And today I learned that hazama is not that difficult to understand And that is the character I'm interested in. Also the constant support from dev team.

Boobstown said on May 12, 2014 at 12:45 p.m.

Hazamas placement is kinda weird, his execution barrier is quite high.

Paradonyx said on May 12, 2014 at 12:53 p.m.

Umm... isn't Litchi kinda hard to use, what with having to master 2 characters technically? I'm not the biggest BB enthusiast, but... lol

EDIT: Doh' I didn't read the chart clearly. Sorry.

mr83martinez said on May 12, 2014 at 1:02 p.m.

@dreamking23 is there a guide to learn the game????

Ninjagoon said on May 12, 2014 at 1:04 p.m.

Ahhh...Bullet. the struggle is real yall.

crewdreary said on May 12, 2014 at 1:16 p.m.

Great chart. Azrael with dat easy big-body damage, let's go.

chocotaco said on May 12, 2014 at 1:28 p.m.

dustloop is a great resource for this and other aksys fighters

Chrisuchiwa said on May 12, 2014 at 1:49 p.m.

I do agree with some point but some Chars are really strange in this game. Mu-12 and Bang for example seem easy to play but their combos can be be difficult to execute.

In order to play Bang efficiently you have to put a lot of work after you already, his hit confirm are crazy.

However Rachel and Carl are the most difficult and when you learned them and know how to play them you just become a beast.

Overal, I think Azrael, Ragna and Jin are the easiest to learn with high reward. #TooEasyForWin

KSR said on May 12, 2014 at 2:48 p.m.

This is most likely true for people who are already good at the game.

But for me, a person who is a beginner and really trying to become at least decent, I'd change it a little. I would personally take everyone besides Azrael and Ragna, and move them all 4 blocks down, and 4 to the right.

I can beat friends using Azrael (I did not know how beginner friendly he'd be when I started.) Everyone else is an uphill battle.

In real matches, I've tried all the characters I like, which include Hakumen, Nu, Tsubaki, Makoto, Noel, and Azrael. Tsubaki and Makoto are difficult to even come close to winning with, despite have some straight-forward combos. Nu feels like you have to put effort into learning every single match up, because someone will eventually get in on you, and you must know how to get them off. As for Hakumen and Noel, they are similar because I'm sure people can mash to win with them, but I'm trying to legitly learn them. Pulling off their combos on people is difficult compared to someone like Azrael.

I'm currently trying to get another character to be my main just because I don't feel like I'm improving at the game by using Azrael. He's cool and all, and doesn't feel as cheap vs good players...but I feel like I autopilot far too much on him.

I tried to play BBCS back when it came out as well...and failed. So yea, I've been having some difficulty with nearly everyone.

tortoos said on May 12, 2014 at 3:35 p.m.

I agree with some of this, but not all of it. He's not quite at carl level, but relius is way too high up on that list. He's one of the most difficult characters i've ever tried to learn and excel with. It's difficult properly managing your robo-wife. Not to mention hazama, who im sure is easy to win with when you learn him, has a fairly substantial execution barrier. As someone else said, this is probably an accurate list for someone who is extremely good at the game, but not for normal players.

Edit: Bang is too high on that list too. He can be quite execution heavy at times with all of his shenanigans.

jme said on May 12, 2014 at 5:05 p.m.

Kokonoe should be right up there with easiest to learn. Not only is she just plain broken, but she's easy as eff word to use. Why do you think so many pick without thinking?

3C is basically tutorial mode easy bro.

jme said on May 12, 2014 at 5:18 p.m.

Actually Relius is way easier to play as than carl. Also when Relius loses ignis, he's actually good by himself unlike carl when he loses nirvana he sucks.

spotlesseden said on May 12, 2014 at 6:38 p.m.

i play Rachel. I don't think she is hard to learn.

Guydoof said on May 12, 2014 at 9:02 p.m.

I personally don't think Rachel is at all that hard to use..... Oh well, I suppose.

Chrisuchiwa said on May 13, 2014 at 3:38 a.m.

You guys should be kidding. We are not playing the same game and the same character (Rachel) I suppose. And Relius is not as hard as Carl but he is pretty hard. Not him but You have to deeply believe you play 2 chars at the same time and synchronisation is the key to learn him.

NorthLeech said on May 13, 2014 at 4:21 a.m.

You realize they are talking about 1.1, right? Kokonoe is is probably still toptier, but broken? Doubt it.

bisho said on May 13, 2014 at 5:41 a.m.

I also play Rachel since CT and I've been unable to win with her for a good 2/3 months (and I had a fighting game backround lol).
Now, I don't think too much about what I'm doing with her, it feels pretty easy to deal with all her crap. But the progression curve is really big, it takes time to win with her on a competitive level.
Definitely a hard character. And also dealing with her no defense thing.

FicSean said on May 13, 2014 at 10:48 a.m.

all Carl players, join me as i riot!!!

real_Onu_Gnizama said on May 13, 2014 at 1:51 p.m.

Blazeblu is corny as hell

mr83martinez said on May 13, 2014 at 10:45 p.m.

Thank you!!!