'Once you get over the initial Cammy confusion, Decapre is definitely a worth while addition'- Outside Xbox identifies what's actually new in USF4

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • May 6, 2014 at 3:44 p.m. PDT

Outside Xbox put together a video that grants us a look at the latest build of Ultra Street Fighter 4, and focuses on identifying what the actual new content is in the upcoming update.

After showing off some of the newly added characters and stages, (those that make a return from Street Fighter X Tekken), Outside Xbox discusses the latest addition to Ultra Street Fighter 4: Decapre. The team admits that they are more along the lines of casual players, and when first trying out the Cammy clone, it can be fairly confusing.

It is noted in the video that getting used to hitting charge moves instead of traditional quarter-circle motions can be a challenge for newcomers because, instinctively, you want to perform Cammy's moves. Once you get over that initial confusion, however, Outside Xbox feels that Decapre's new moves and style make her a welcome addition to Ultra Street Fighter 4.

You can check out their video, that which contains footage of each new USF4 fighter, after the break.

Comments

Xidane said on May 6, 2014 at 3:47 p.m.

I long for Decapre...

omglonghair said on May 6, 2014 at 3:50 p.m.

Im waiting to check her out,im not a charge character player but dat decapre

FGLover90 said on May 6, 2014 at 3:53 p.m.

yay im happy i got here before all the decapre hate and the stupid "look at cammy new outfit" jokes

I can't wait to use Decapre though <3 been happy since her announcment about being in the game <3

Aluppoj said on May 6, 2014 at 3:55 p.m.

Looking fantastic!

Grevier said on May 6, 2014 at 3:55 p.m.

When people are gonna get that we're not mad at the concept, but at the model... seriously...

Savage_Alchemist said on May 6, 2014 at 3:55 p.m.

I would like to see pp range restrictions in endless
like if I put the lobby on 4000-5000pp range I dnt wanna keep seeing ppl with 1k in the lobby
but thats not all that important the game looks really good and I think its gonna be like a breath of fresh air, I jus hope everything is balanced

MANDINGO said on May 6, 2014 at 3:56 p.m.

RpDrizzy said on May 6, 2014 at 4 p.m.

I feel ya bra

Skye said on May 6, 2014 at 4 p.m.

I really want to see all the colours for her outfit.

RomeMc said on May 6, 2014 at 4:07 p.m.

Perfect fit for me! I prefer charge characters over quarter circle characters. Can't wait to try her

TrueGamingGuru said on May 6, 2014 at 4:12 p.m.

I'm looking forward to see progress & playing as Decapre, she is a pretty cool character. The color from the video thumbnail & her gameplay in Mad Gear Hideout is the perfect color for number 1 which looks like the color uniforms that Doll Members would wear along with Decapre's artwork, and should be like that instead of the current one which is lacking texture & visual making her look washed out. I'll give this game a try once the DLC comes out.

mundaney said on May 6, 2014 at 4:18 p.m.

They should have at least changed her hair or something.

Paradonyx said on May 6, 2014 at 4:26 p.m.

This.

I mean, I've already over it. I don't even plan to use her, I just want to beat all 24 of her trials.

Speaking of which, I have 2 questions concerning USF4:

Will our BP and PP carry over, or will it reset again?

Has Capcom released info about possible new achievements?

If anyone can answer these, I'd be really grateful.

sarif2soon said on May 6, 2014 at 4:35 p.m.

0:44
You just pissed off a looooooot of people, m8.

GreedyMcGurgleburg said on May 6, 2014 at 4:42 p.m.

I have not seen anything on the trials. Does anyone have solid info of pics or video of the new characters having trials?

GreedyMcGurgleburg said on May 6, 2014 at 4:49 p.m.

Sorry just answered my first question by doing research.

When asked if this situation would be addressed in Ultra Street Fighter 4, ComboFiend gave a quick confirmation that we will indeed see new trials, although he couldn't reveal too much at this time. "Yes, we will be working on new challenges, and we’ll have more details to share at a later date."

My mind is put at ease now.

Zidiane said on May 6, 2014 at 4:52 p.m.

"What's actually new", lol

genocide_cutter said on May 6, 2014 at 4:53 p.m.

No matter how hard they try noone will ever like Decapre

GreedyMcGurgleburg said on May 6, 2014 at 4:59 p.m.

They have a new nerfed Guile. That's new!

cris25 said on May 6, 2014 at 5:01 p.m.

And not even the model. Even if she is a clone and has the SAME body and hair, she should AT LEAST stand still and walk differently.

DannyBoyPERU said on May 6, 2014 at 5:15 p.m.

I am sleepy now ZzZzZ

TrueGamingGuru said on May 6, 2014 at 5:22 p.m.

@mundaney

Decapre's hair is suppose to be like this ever since her SFA3 sprite, comics, & SSFIV OVA. The only closet thing of different is her hair is lighter like her Artwork along with her UDON DLC costume.

@cris25

Decapre's standing & walking animation is suppose to the same due to the fact that Doll members are programmed (as in brainwashed) to be the same, even if it means borrows standing & walking animations from Cammy its like Juni & Juli borrows Cammy's stand, walk, few moves, & Supers.

SunaharaRaja said on May 6, 2014 at 5:36 p.m.

They actually changed her mask, made a new gauntlet with the new blades instead of the old imitation of vega's claw, and they added a lot of psycho-power to her normals and special moves. I was really hype when i saw decapre during FR because i remembered what the character was and how they delivered her with those changes and i loved them all. I also was expecting a doll as the 5th character and decapre seemed the best choice to me. Her gameplay is looking good so far, i can't wait to put my hands on usf4 and try her out.

fawaz said on May 6, 2014 at 5:38 p.m.

I don't know if anybody mentioned this before; Decapre's name font is smaller everywhere than the rest of the characters.

darko_p86 said on May 6, 2014 at 5:53 p.m.

I predict that ppl will complain about her moves being too hard to get used to. Soon after, they'll want her to be a quater-circle character.

RebornOdin said on May 6, 2014 at 5:54 p.m.

Watching the actual gameplay of that video was quite frustrating.

darko_p86 said on May 6, 2014 at 5:57 p.m.

They could have still chosen s different clone at least. Out of all the choices, err y pick the clone doll that looks almost exactly like... well you know who.

HooliganComboFTW said on May 6, 2014 at 6:10 p.m.

The arcade version had a reset, but nothing confirmed regarding console resets.

RunnersKnee said on May 6, 2014 at 7:24 p.m.

Spamming the crap out of that hundred-hand-slap-type move just to show spite (-.-) really could've changed her normals at least (glad that spiral arrow's gone though).
Big Band and JoJo's All Star Battle had been out where's the love EH??

bagel_bytez said on May 6, 2014 at 7:45 p.m.

I'm long for Decapre...

IMainDanHibiki said on May 6, 2014 at 7:49 p.m.

They already said that PP and BP are being reset in this version.

SnakeX said on May 6, 2014 at 8:02 p.m.

No word on achievements, though I'd imagine we'll get a couple of new ones. Didn't AE come with a few?

BP and PP is definitely being reset though.

TrueGamingGuru said on May 6, 2014 at 8:21 p.m.

@SunaharaRaja

I do know that her mask & claws are completely different (because I've did research once Decapre finally got revealed), I was looking forward to Decapre (since I've had 0 expectations for that 5th character, thanks to Max. for this one video he predicted on what was a 5th character which was a Doll expect the female was different) and definitely like her concept art along with the official artwork. Shes even a bit different from Juni & Juli. She is an interesting choice (although it didn't need the unnecessary hype that has been going on for half-year), and I too can't wait to try her out.

@darko_p86

Like which clone out of the 10 members (not counting Juni & Juli)? If we had Street Fighter IV Flashback, and had the ability for fight every Doll member we would've still had Decapre along with others.
"Why pick the clone that looks like another character?" Good question, the world may never know (unless we get a behind the scenes in-depth). The only closet reason on Decapre's purpose to fight is targeting Cammy, and there is going to be abit of backstory/origin behind Decapre. But I will say for certain (like I've mention before) is that Decapre wasn't worth the hype that Capcom completely overkilled.

MRN_SirFoxington said on May 6, 2014 at 9:26 p.m.

B..But then i wont be to able to play against you anymore Salvage :'(

TwoCoins said on May 6, 2014 at 10:34 p.m.

A worthwhile addition? Yeah sure. Looking at the video (obviously of the writer and press team playing...they clearly have no idea how to play. mashing buttons and jumping around like clueless noobs...so worthwhile they will play for a few hours at a super casual level and put it away never to be seen again until the next writeup for their job tells them to do so.

Baby_Astaroth said on May 6, 2014 at 10:56 p.m.

I didn't hear any mention of the new trials. That can't be the only single player addition to the game,

FlynnChop said on May 6, 2014 at 11:12 p.m.

"Why pick the clone that looks like another character?"

Good question? Seriously?

Capcom's answer is that Decapre has a lot of interesting story with both Bison and Cammy in the comics, and therefore makes a good addition for story reasons.

...but come on.

I come down on the FGC sometimes, but you're all fairly smart people. You ALL know the real answer; some of you just don't want to see it.

Sasuga said on May 7, 2014 at 1:52 a.m.

I would like to see slowmotion and framestep in replay modes, like KI has it. That's really usefull!

Also spectator mode in endless lobbys.

But I guess that they would've built that in already, if they had the chance of doing so. Probably requires more modifications to the engine than they can do at the moment.

quicks said on May 7, 2014 at 2:17 a.m.

If she's fun to play she's fun to play, that's why? People act like its a crime to actually want to play her and that they can look past cosmetics

RvlvA said on May 7, 2014 at 3:30 a.m.

What a suck video.
There's nothing new...

RvlvA said on May 7, 2014 at 3:41 a.m.

What?? Decapre's scramble(teleport) is too slow!
Who wants such a useless move?
I don't wanna mild tuning for her.

alphachimp said on May 7, 2014 at 3:54 a.m.

Decapre's far teleport looks really slow when it reachs into the air..i like to see it 2 to 3 frames faster but air born at the teleport destination 1 to 2 frames longer.

I hope they don't make Decapre too difficult to use..

urien said on May 7, 2014 at 3:55 a.m.

nice costume .looks exactly like cammy! oh wait...

TrueGamingGuru said on May 7, 2014 at 8:20 a.m.

Part of what I said in the previous comment had something to do with the developer's choice of character, which most people tend to question, and even most people wouldn't understand the choices. (or don't want to see it) Part of Decapre's Story would be one of the reason on why she is in the game in the first place (which was mention by Ayano from one of the interview along with the whole Decapre is to appeal beginners) which there is going to be a backstory/origin of Decapre when the game comes out.

GodzOfTheArenaTV said on May 7, 2014 at 1:10 p.m.

Thank you someone who gets it. It's the fact Capcom got extremely lazy and didn't want to make a new character from scratch. It doesn't take hard effort or work at all to give a character thats already made new moves and animation. It should have been Alex or R.Mika and not this Cammy clone. Oh, wait some will argue that she is not a clone because she has different move set and she is a charge character. GTFO! Look at her body her over all body and hell some over her basic movement CAMMY all over it. Sigh…Like they could of at least added one fresh character. I didn't take they nothing to make Hugo, Rolento, Elena, or Poison because those character models were already made and so were their move sets. The only thing they had to do was adjust the properties, moves, hit boxes, ect…ect…So it could fit Street Fighters play style.