EX Uppercut into air throw, target combo into Ultra: Decapre bread and butter combos; Air shows new Ryu swag combos and more in USF4

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • May 6, 2014 at 10:40 a.m. PDT

CCG|Air recently uploaded footage from Northwest Majors VI that gives us a look at the latest build of Ultra Street Fighter 4.

In this article we have a video of numerous useful Decapre bread and butter combos performed by pH|LPN. There are combos into her air throw, FADC into Ultra, target combo into Ultra, and more.

Additionally, Air shows off some of Ryu's new combo potential, along with testing how safe Makoto's axe kicks are. Rose players also get a glimpse at her new and improved Soul Spiral utility, as it can now hit after a reflect.

Hit the jump to check out Decapre's Ultra Street Fighter 4 bread and butter, Ryu's swag combos, and more.

Tips sent in by OhYouDontSayThat, koyomiwa, and Links.

Comments

Lordd_G said on May 6, 2014 at 10:42 a.m.

DeKappa!

Rambro said on May 6, 2014 at 10:51 a.m.

damn you cant jump on her ? she's my new main, Kappa

mundaney said on May 6, 2014 at 10:55 a.m.

My body is so ready...

Wedge said on May 6, 2014 at 10:56 a.m.

Can't believe they gave soul spiral juggle points in this build. I thought that was a typo until I saw the video for real. No way they're gonna leave that in =<.

TehTy said on May 6, 2014 at 10:56 a.m.

FADC into jumping mp into EX tatsu into ultra's cool, but less than 400 damage? Lol

GreedyMcGurgleburg said on May 6, 2014 at 10:59 a.m.

Am sum swaj combo sauce. I wonder if these will be part of a new trials move. Swajjy dark black django combo.

Rising_Jaguar said on May 6, 2014 at 11:01 a.m.

oh hey lars cr.hp~

BlackOnyxThunder said on May 6, 2014 at 11:03 a.m.

These are some sick combos, but I know alot of people are gonna hate Decapre and say shes overpowered. If anything, I think she has too many ways to combo into her ultras. It's like she was especially made only to combo into her ultras. I can see pros using her once they get the hang of her.

Atax1s said on May 6, 2014 at 11:05 a.m.

I've mained ryu since vanilla and if these changes stick, he becomes interesting to me again.Also, Rose is looking ridiculous.

GreedyMcGurgleburg said on May 6, 2014 at 11:12 a.m.

No don't say that man! If you mention a characters name followed by the word strong they will get a buff. If you say she is just perfect the way she is, she will get nerfed to hell and back.

Capcom is listening!

Man I really wish S-kill was still working for Capcom.

Ett said on May 6, 2014 at 11:13 a.m.

If you going give something like that for fun. Why not let Adon connect with any button after exJaguar Kick or exJaguar tooth. Give him something new and fun instead of straight op nerfing him. ( yes yes i know nr in arcades in a adon player) i wantsomething new.

sarif2soon said on May 6, 2014 at 11:14 a.m.

That start menu. DAAAYYUUUUUUUMM.

Wedge said on May 6, 2014 at 11:17 a.m.

OK, I think that SS juggle is still corner only, so she might get to keep it. It's less damaging than Soul Throw, but keeps them in the corner, so I can understand the logic on it.

Izuna_Wolf said on May 6, 2014 at 11:24 a.m.

Soul spiral juggle 0.0 yes gimme more rose buffs

BlackOnyxThunder said on May 6, 2014 at 11:26 a.m.

Lol, your comment is funny, but true. That said, E. Honda is sooo very normal... it's almost as if he is perfect just the way he is! ;D

Estebest said on May 6, 2014 at 11:26 a.m.

Decapre can also go right into air throw off of an ex ground pound, no fadc required.

yes4me said on May 6, 2014 at 11:31 a.m.

imho, she looks weak and underpowered. Of course she looks great in this video because this is training mode. But I don't see what make her any better than Cammy for example.

R_VoltageFists said on May 6, 2014 at 11:33 a.m.

Hmm im curious on how the decapre-Balrog matchup will look like...she got quite a nice anti air.

qcevolution said on May 6, 2014 at 11:38 a.m.

You guys are overreacting on the SS juggle. In my honest opinion she needs it. Rose barely has combos or damage. Everything she does ends in soul spiral and she has PALTRY wake up. She needed this.

RunnersKnee said on May 6, 2014 at 11:56 a.m.

As long as I don't see a spiral arrow on her, I'm sold

BlackOnyxThunder said on May 6, 2014 at 11:59 a.m.

Interesting point, but don't let the Cammy copy & paste model fool you. Most of Decapre's moves can teleport, she also has good anti-airs, she's quick on her feet, and her ultras control both air and grounded opponents. In a way she resembles Adon (imo) and you know what happens when you find a good Adon player... ugh... lol.

GreedyMcGurgleburg said on May 6, 2014 at 11:59 a.m.

Noooooooooooo! Lol Honda!

Necreon said on May 6, 2014 at 12:26 p.m.

And she is still a charger! Love her already, totally dropping Vega for her! Mask and Claw either way!

mrambitious said on May 6, 2014 at 12:28 p.m.

So far the only things in ultra that interested me were the rose changes and Hugo. Now that JPN confirmed 4/5 new guys are underdeveloped and whack except for rolento, I'm not really excited at all.

Anyone else watched some of the endless hours of video coming out of Asia? The game is EXTREMELY SLOW and BORING to watch now. On top of that, UNBLOCKABLES and fuzzy block still exists, so I'm not really sure what was accomplished aside from make the game boring as all hell to watch.

Schmidty said on May 6, 2014 at 12:32 p.m.

One thing to note is that most if not all Decapre's BnB kick people into the corner pretty fast.

Remondo02 said on May 6, 2014 at 12:34 p.m.

Green016 said on May 6, 2014 at 12:35 p.m.

That Rose stuff is too much imo. Also Ryu's ex fireball is crazy now damn. I don't get what the point of that change is.

oghaggard said on May 6, 2014 at 12:46 p.m.

99% of Japanese players are still playing AE 2012. In four or five months, people will be playing the game very differently. The Japanese are great players on average, but very few of them are what I'd call "adventurous." They like things to be set in stone, which is why you see guys like TKD creating tier lists for a game that's not even a month old and has only been played by a small number of people.

Crazcar said on May 6, 2014 at 12:58 p.m.

I like how Japan confirmed Decapre is 'underdeveloped and whack' when she isn't even available to them. And aside from her, Elena actually looks pretty good, there hasn't been much of Poison shown so who knows, and Japan Hugos are majorly slacking. UD called them out for a reason. And as I won't even bother with that second paragraph, please, cry more.

lh said on May 6, 2014 at 1 p.m.

Jumping is too costly in this game, especially with all the juggle potential, so please give chars the ability to recover after being hit with a juggle move in the air at the cost of 2 or 3 metres so they can avoid the rest of the juggle combo (no air block)!

How about a separate v-ism mode and gems and a tag team!! Cause I'm bored of the game's mechanics, and R Mika is too good a concept of a character to be left behind, the sf4 page at Capcom jp has a black and white minipic for the char roster with an inactive link (while all other links are live) suggesting that the char roster is not yet finalised hint hint! Thanks for reading.

PowerBeard said on May 6, 2014 at 1:06 p.m.

I'm having a hard time telling if you're serious or not

roknin said on May 6, 2014 at 1:23 p.m.

Liking the Rose changes. For once.

griever2000 said on May 6, 2014 at 1:25 p.m.

This rose buff is obviously a respond for her not being able to EX red focus midscreen unless from a jump in. So instead she will fadc and then end with a ex spiral midscreen. A great addition for her.

jimbo1123 said on May 6, 2014 at 1:25 p.m.

I can't believe they actually gave Rose a buff aside from a little extra damage. It's like Christmas came early. I'm waiting for Capcom to sling half a dozen nerfs her way now.

KillerMike said on May 6, 2014 at 1:46 p.m.

Broken as fvck.

Can combo anything into ultra.

cuzzo said on May 6, 2014 at 1:54 p.m.

He clearly said "JPN confirmed 4 of the 5 are underdeveloped and whack", which obviously doesn't include Decapre. Id disagree since ppl seem to really like Elena and despite losing A LOT, Daigo genuinely likes to play Hugo even tho he seems... very tough to win certain match ups with. Also any Japanese feedback on Decapre would definitely have been someone competing in one of the Capcom events outside of Japan so it wouldn't be their community as a whole.

Shinkutatsumaki said on May 6, 2014 at 1:56 p.m.

Ryu combos look amazing!

cris25 said on May 6, 2014 at 2:22 p.m.

Is that Rose combo corner only? Or is it possible to do cr.HP xx reflect, spiral midscreen?

MANDINGO said on May 6, 2014 at 2:29 p.m.

abcbadcat said on May 6, 2014 at 2:58 p.m.

That Rose buff is nice but I still wish I could fierce reflect into the shamwow

Mufasa3151 said on May 6, 2014 at 3:05 p.m.

Street fighter x ultra!

Crazcar said on May 6, 2014 at 3:21 p.m.

The way I read it the 5 didn't include Rolento since he said immediately after that Rolento isn't 'whack', so that'd be 4/5. So I wouldn't say "clearly", but that isn't the main point. The main point is the Q.Qing over a still new game, that is going to get patched by the time console version is out, being "slow". And heck, Rolento might end up being terrible and the rest, godlike.

Keetro said on May 6, 2014 at 3:55 p.m.

I wish Guy could combo his Air throw? :( , just for style points

lh said on May 6, 2014 at 4:12 p.m.

Ultra 1 is too good, ultra 2 is only useful in the dhalsim match

cris25 said on May 6, 2014 at 5:09 p.m.

First video, 1:17 mark.
All you can hear, above all other sounds is Poison's slap.
So really, Capcom doesn't have a sound engineer or someone to equalize the sounds?
Doesn't anybody notice that this is weird?

rosy said on May 6, 2014 at 6:49 p.m.

I heard that It is possible to do in midscreen. Probably the best is using ex spiral. Some say it is possible doing from lk or mk spiral but it is hard and has very tight link.

Topaz said on May 6, 2014 at 8:37 p.m.

BS Tsurugi nerf... FailFish

urien said on May 7, 2014 at 12:26 a.m.

we dont care about rose's buff.
the only players who ever did something with her are sako and louffy.
the rest are online warriors.
if im not mistaken our admin is also a rose player but probably sucks lol

urien said on May 7, 2014 at 12:29 a.m.

no no no nobody.
youre probably one of those elitist that own shure expensive playback earplug and a 2k audio system.

Rye_Aka_SekaiSenshi said on May 7, 2014 at 12:35 a.m.

Alpha 3 Cammy PLUS Juli&Juni PLUS EX M Bison equals Decapre. I suggest looking it up before anyone tries to question me and or argue.

Links said on May 7, 2014 at 6:01 a.m.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. There's got to be some legitimate reason they haven't adjusted the volume yet, but it just takes you out of the game when you hear Rolento's rolling sound overpowering everything else.