Major updates coming to tiers sections - BlazBlue: CP now over 3,500 votes

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 30, 2014 at 9:31 p.m. PDT

We've got major updates coming to the tiers area on EventHubs in the very near future. First off, we'll have a new feature in place which lets you chart the daily/weekly/monthly changes of all character's match ups.

So if you want to see how the Cammy vs. Fei Long match in SSF4 AE v2012 has evolved in the last month/week/day — you'll be able to do so. Again, this change will be applicable for all characters and all match ups in our tiers area.

Currently, it's only possible to see how things are changing in regards to their overall score, but soon we'll be greatly expanding the information available.

Also, we'll be launching a brand spanking new index page (which our subscribers will be getting an exclusive first look at in the newsletter tomorrow) which tracks the biggest rises and falls in all of the games in our tiers.

So if a character gets hot in a tournament, you'll be able to see them rise up through the listings — as it happens.

Hit the jump to continue reading.

These are the features on the immediate horizon, and shortly after they're launched, we're going to start rolling out tiers for all of the remaining games in rapid succession.

We're not 100% set on which other titles we'll be rolling out tiers for first, so if you have any requests, please leave them in the comments below.

Also, the BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma tiers have already picked up over 3,500 votes, and the community's collective opinion of the characters continues to be ever more defined.

Not to be outclassed, the SSF4 AE v2012 community has amassed a whopping 144,340 votes for the game, and many of the match ups and overall scores are still evolving to this very day.

We have a few more tricks up our sleeve in regards to tiers which we haven't revealed yet, but will do so in the future once those features are almost ready to be launched.

As always, if you have any questions or feedback, please leave it below.

Artwork from SilverLu.

Comments

skumz88 said on March 30, 2014 at 9:33 p.m.

Dat thumbnail tho!

Ninjagoon said on March 30, 2014 at 9:35 p.m.

forget that article, i want the full thumbnail yo.

EnsignHiro said on March 30, 2014 at 9:36 p.m.

If I was more experienced id vote in bb section.

skumz88 said on March 30, 2014 at 9:37 p.m.

Lmao!

bagel_bytez said on March 30, 2014 at 9:56 p.m.

I know this is a repost but this comment section is much more appropriate.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS!

JUST WANT TO ANNOUNCE...

Ev1 has been really lame about commenting on all the matchups vs their mains in the tier discussion section. I was exceptionally hyped to hear educated opinions on why ppl think certain matchups are the way they are and I'm pretty disappointed. I really hope once ultra drops that that particular subsection of Ehubs will actually get some use.

Thank you firstly for taking the time to vote on all 38 matchups for your particular main.

IF YOU HAVENT TAKEN THE TIME TO ACTUALLY COMMENT ON THE MATCHES FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO DO SO!!!

It does seam tedious writing something about eatch of the 38 matches you have to learn but make a point of commenting on say... 3-5 characters a day and it can be a fun and stimulating activity that will help build a deeper knowledge base within the community.

Thank you all for your time and have a great day : D

P.s. CATALYST, I'm not sure if there is a more obvious or effective way to have those matchup forums be more prevalent... They kind of feel 'hidden' or 'under the radar' but I'd love to see it maybe as more of a focal point and accessible.

P.p.s. I know I can't make anyone do anything but I would personally appreciate it if everyone (or anyone) takes the time to fill out some matchup forums. I'm the only one I know who's left a comment for every matchup. Some more insightful than others I'll admit. But challenge yourself

mufnman said on March 30, 2014 at 10:02 p.m.
skumz88 said on March 30, 2014 at 10:14 p.m.

Thank you sir! Lol

Catalyst said on March 30, 2014 at 10:26 p.m.

Lemme chew on that a bit. There might be some things we can do to publicize those areas a bit more.

bagel_bytez said on March 30, 2014 at 10:42 p.m.

Thx, you always seam to take my feedback seriously and it's appreciated :)

EZCHIZOFRENIAK said on March 30, 2014 at 10:46 p.m.

Honestly, what's with the Cammy pictures? Is this some kind of sick joke?

Shredded said on March 30, 2014 at 10:51 p.m.

I thought I had tier stuff disabled?

*checks*

Yeah, I do. So why am I still seeing this tomfoolery.

arrathix said on March 31, 2014 at 1:31 a.m.

Only thing I can't understand is how until just yesterday, Deejay was one of cammy's only 2 bad matches. Deejay, really?

FightDirty said on March 31, 2014 at 1:52 a.m.

There are pictures & there is art. That there is a true work of art.

Spabobin said on March 31, 2014 at 3:52 a.m.

Yes, Dee Jay is a bad matchup for Cammy. Just because Cammy is a better character doesn't mean he doesn't win a particular matchup.

However, morons just go into the tiers section and pick 6-4 or 7-3 for almost every matchup for characters they think are OP (or they just significantly underrate their own character) which is why Cammy's tier chart looks so ridiculous right now.

SunaharaRaja said on March 31, 2014 at 4:48 a.m.

much appreciated sir!

BlackOnyxThunder said on March 31, 2014 at 4:53 a.m.

That thumbnail is so beautiful.

Wardog said on March 31, 2014 at 5:27 a.m.

Shouldn't this be a blazblue thread and Cammy had her own?

That's like having some update info about Smash and have Saberwolf as a thumbnail cause of some small info about him.

G3n3raL86 said on March 31, 2014 at 5:45 a.m.

As a Cammy player, i agree with the fact that Deejay is a hard matchup for me. Deejay's pretty good at keeping her at bay.

And as for dat thumbnail: That's my goddess!:love:

utumno said on March 31, 2014 at 6:36 a.m.
jme said on March 31, 2014 at 8:27 a.m.

Doesn't this mean that Blazblue should replace one of the "popular games" on the front page of game guides?

TheMasterPlayer said on March 31, 2014 at 8:40 a.m.

Dat thumbnail! Cammy is da bomb!

joestar316 said on March 31, 2014 at 12:02 p.m.

Same here, no experience since CT and much has changed.

Shozuhn said on March 31, 2014 at 1:15 p.m.

I'm all for SFxT getting as much love as possible on this site. It's a game that could use as much positive publicity as it can get. People just say don't like it, without ever really giving it a chance. The only argument I've ever really understood that the SFxT haters give is DLC gems. I love the idea of gems... but they should have all been freely available to everyone. But maybe a SFxT tiers list on Event Hubs could help lift the games popularity. It truly is a great game !!!

crmjr21 said on March 31, 2014 at 2:51 p.m.

That Cammy is hot. *zipper sound effect*

Abbadon36 said on March 31, 2014 at 10:02 p.m.

NO experience in this game so i cant put anything worth posting. Did buy it though. Been hoping Kokonoe would be playable since the beginning. Next, Jubei!