'I will meditate, then destroy my enemies', Dhalsim tries to convince Pete Holmes that he is ready for the SF2 tournament

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • March 26, 2014 at 9:04 a.m. PDT

Pete Holmes has featured yet another Street Fighter themed comedy skit on his late-night talk-show, The Pete Holmes Show.

This time around, Dhalsim attempts to enter the fray, but runs into a bit of a hurdle when he realizes that his Yoga knowledge isn't quite as vast as he had previously thought.

Hit the jump to check out Pete Holmes' latest Street Fighter skit.

Tips sent in by USAtlas, Zalgo_Cometh, akillyz, and Utils.

Comments

jaysenedwinward said on March 26, 2014 at 9:14 a.m.

I actually found this one funny around the point where he asked about the dot on his forehead. Before then I was afraid it wouldn't be as good as the others.

markp said on March 26, 2014 at 9:14 a.m.

this is awful

IareBeStayDrunk said on March 26, 2014 at 9:26 a.m.

He said I meditate and I laughed. Cuz my computer froze from twitchplayspokemon and didnt realize it. I sat there thinking he was meditating for a few seconds. no, but it was pretty bad. didnt like the actor

KarbyP said on March 26, 2014 at 9:27 a.m.

I've always kinda suspected that maybe Dhalsim's a fraud. What does breathing fire and teleporting have anything to do with yoga?

Sadisticcupid said on March 26, 2014 at 9:37 a.m.

this was awful

Paradonyx said on March 26, 2014 at 9:41 a.m.

Especially the "baby skulls" part. I've always wondered about the skulls lol

GodPride said on March 26, 2014 at 9:55 a.m.

Needs more "yoga" in his dialect.

Kawalorn said on March 26, 2014 at 10 a.m.

Well these are the skulls of the dead children from his village so it wasn't off at all. :P

anthonygamer said on March 26, 2014 at 10:01 a.m.

Terrible

HeatEXTEND said on March 26, 2014 at 10:08 a.m.

Bunch of whiners, I've seen worse.

Dravidian said on March 26, 2014 at 10:20 a.m.

...well it made me giggle. Not being serious is awesome :D

ScarletTerror said on March 26, 2014 at 10:24 a.m.

This is my second favorite. The first one obviously being Vega's. Nothing can stop the claugh!

HooliganComboFTW said on March 26, 2014 at 10:25 a.m.

Bunch of yoga frauds here.

Xidane said on March 26, 2014 at 10:26 a.m.

More!

BUYACUSHUN said on March 26, 2014 at 10:39 a.m.

the only other ones ive seen are the ryu and vega ones and those did the same thing. Gave me a slight chuckle at one joke and the rest was pretty meh. I think the the two major problems are the overall jokes arent that funny and some of the actors probably don't really sell the character.

This one needed limb stretching and i always find dick jokes like that rather forced and unnecessary.

akillyz said on March 26, 2014 at 10:57 a.m.

How do you guys not laugh when Dhalsim mentions his "Peace Skulls"
This is easily the second best one just below Vega.

"ALL MY FOES WILL FALL BENEATH IT'S MIGHTY SHARPNESH!"

UncleBibby said on March 26, 2014 at 11:10 a.m.

i thought it was funny lol. kumail nanjiani is hilarious.

kentoirc said on March 26, 2014 at 11:18 a.m.

YOGA FUNNY!! YOGA HAHA!!!

OhYouDontSayThat said on March 26, 2014 at 11:19 a.m.

I knew those were baby skulls...

theguilty87 said on March 26, 2014 at 11:35 a.m.

This stuff is great each one has been funny, keep posting them dont listen to the bads =p

Chameleonice said on March 26, 2014 at 11:49 a.m.

Okay, I'll admit the 'yoga lame' joke made me laugh out loud ;) The skits have been hit or miss for me, as I tend to find the sexual jokes in them very uncreative and bottom of the barrel, but the jokes that poke fun at what the characters do or say in the game are very nicely played out.

bagel_bytez said on March 26, 2014 at 11:52 a.m.

I'm forum. Lololol pun intended :) any street fighting parody I get a "kick"out of... *snicker* My puns are on fire today! Lololol!!!

Seriously though. Any nod to sf in the real world is always cool in my books.

Focusflute said on March 26, 2014 at 11:54 a.m.

This was good glad they posted it. If u don't like this type of stuff, then don't click on it.

Kenshiro said on March 26, 2014 at 12:15 p.m.

Yogaaaawd!

*dies*

wayofBushinRyu said on March 26, 2014 at 12:24 p.m.

This one sucked. Please stop with this guy EH.

Daikuma said on March 26, 2014 at 12:26 p.m.

Pete Holmes is so damn anti-funny...
every video... so bad.

Shinkutatsumaki said on March 26, 2014 at 12:52 p.m.

I liked it. Sure I didn't laugh but it was enjoyable to watch. :)

handsofgod said on March 26, 2014 at 1:07 p.m.

Oi I love this sh!t lol keep it coming EH

Artemis_Reinhold said on March 26, 2014 at 2:35 p.m.

"...you get FroYo afterwards." hahaha!

I agree that Pete Homes is NOT funny, but I love Kumail Nanjiani. Also, he's a big into Street Fighter and if my memory serves me correct from his video game podcast (the indoor kids) he DOES in fact use Dhalsim.

Utils said on March 26, 2014 at 3:24 p.m.

It's nice to hear DHALSIM pronounced the CORRECT way for once.

bagel_bytez said on March 26, 2014 at 4 p.m.

How do you mis pronounce dhalsim? Ryu was more of a challenge... Due to misinformation

JOJO said on March 26, 2014 at 4:03 p.m.

I always thought T. Hawk would also serve for this kind of joke. He preaches love and peace, but all his moves have to do with rage

Sadisticcupid said on March 26, 2014 at 4:07 p.m.

doll-sim

danny2times said on March 26, 2014 at 5:40 p.m.

In the real world? And this is what? I don't understand?
< >
?¿?
{}

Slaystation said on March 26, 2014 at 6:34 p.m.

Not sim. Seem.

chipndip said on March 26, 2014 at 7:04 p.m.

It's not rofl material, but it's nice in its awkward way. It takes a few "wtf" parts of the characters and makes jokes off of them. I never thought of the skulls, nor did I know that they were from dead children from his village. Also, I always wondered why a hands n' feet tournament featured Vega...who uses a claw.

Chun's was just trolling beyond belief. #FunInDaChun

d55pedal said on March 27, 2014 at midnight

For anyone who really knows his story his people were broke that's the only reason he is fighting dude so he used yoga to create his own fighting style and earn his people money. I might not be a big Dhalsim fan but don't knock they guy cause he's different

d55pedal said on March 27, 2014 at 12:03 a.m.

Also the skulls considering they are from kids who died from his land from being in large financial despair the skulls make sense and the teleport thing I'm guessing when he tried to turn yoga into a fighting style he gained that ability

ZenRazor said on March 27, 2014 at 12:32 a.m.

This one was pretty funny but I like the Ryu one best they should do Bison but they way they are picking their characters its either going to be Blanka or Sagat

Utils said on March 27, 2014 at 6:43 a.m.

I was with you until you went for the "don't knock they guy cause he's different" angle. Give us all an F-ing break. That's not what's happening here. Not that serious.

It's just jokes.

djm0001 said on March 27, 2014 at 7:33 p.m.

I thought this one was pretty good, overall these are a lot funnier than I expected.

Baby_Astaroth said on April 1, 2014 at 2:20 p.m.

Outside of the FGC and core gaming.