Tiers section launched for BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma - see results, vote and discuss match ups

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 25, 2014 at 4:51 p.m. PDT

We're very happy to announce we've launched our second tiers section here on EventHubs, for BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma.

This creates a stomping ground for the community to discuss and vote in all of the match ups in the game.

You'll be able to see the early thoughts of the community on how the matches shake out and overall character power too.

We'll still be rolling out a number of improvements to the tiers section in the near future, including a completely revised index page, but we wanted to get this tool in the hands of the community on launch day so they have it available to start collecting information.

Hit the jump to read a bit more.

Tiers FAQ for BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

Q: Why are you launching the tier list this early? Fighting games change a lot over time!
A: We want to track how people perceive the game in its current state. When the new balance patch is released for BBCP, we'll archive the current tier list for this game, preserving it forever, and reset the tier listings so people can vote again. We'll be doing this with most games, that either receive balance patches, or that have heavily evolved after their initial release.

Q: How often will you be resetting/archiving tier lists?
A: Whenever a major balance patch or upgrade is released. We'll occasionally poll the community to get their thoughts on if a game's tier listings should be archived and then reset, but this will be a very rare occurrence, generally only if people feel the match up information is heavily outdated.

Q: I don't know enough about BB CP, so I don't want to vote, yet.
A: That's totally fine. One of the major features of our tier listings is the match up discussion pages for every match in the game. We hope the community actively uses these to exchange knowledge and help out other people who are struggling with a certain character. The tier pages are not just about people's perceptions of a character's power, but sharing information.

If you have any other questions or thoughts, please share them in the comments below.

Comments

swordsman09 said on March 25, 2014 at 4:59 p.m.

When the patch drops, Makoto will guaranteed be at the bottom sadly.

Why do my mains always get the nerf hammer? :(

rakuko said on March 25, 2014 at 5:06 p.m.

was Mak good in CP1.0? seems like Mak players have been saying she's been bad ever since CS2.

sarif2soon said on March 25, 2014 at 5:20 p.m.

I'm surprised Blazblue is the second game. Great for BB players, nonetheless.

lameteks said on March 25, 2014 at 5:20 p.m.

Eden said on March 25, 2014 at 5:28 p.m.

I think I'm going to wait for the patch before voting

MetroCityPub said on March 25, 2014 at 5:29 p.m.

Whoa, that dude has been banned fast. Great job EHubs. Anyway, glad to see some coverage on this game.

BlackMasamune said on March 25, 2014 at 5:52 p.m.

Good ish on launching a non Capcom game tier list.

jme said on March 25, 2014 at 6:44 p.m.

On an unrelated note, kinda salty that I paid for blazblue on psn on the ps+ discount only to find out that was just a pre-order for me to get it next week -.-

swordsman09 said on March 25, 2014 at 6:48 p.m.

Makoto wasn't bad in CS2. But she only really got worse after that point.

spotlesseden said on March 25, 2014 at 7:02 p.m.

save almost $10 to wait one week is not too bad.

ChaosxPaladin said on March 25, 2014 at 7:09 p.m.

Its not too bad. Don't you get Kokonoe along with Terumi in your pre order?

Yung said on March 25, 2014 at 7:32 p.m.

That's ... amazing.

Strider_Hien said on March 25, 2014 at 7:48 p.m.

I'm looking for an honest opinion here:Coming from a Capcom background,how would you recommend this to me? It looks great and has good netcode(it's still awesome,right?) I have an itch to try it..(When I do get to play,Mahvel has me by the balls) and Give it a second go(I have Calamity Trigger).Pennies for your thoughts....

spotlesseden said on March 25, 2014 at 7:49 p.m.

Kokonoe is for the digital preorder and Terumi is for the retail preorder.

Vone said on March 25, 2014 at 8:07 p.m.

Well Makoto was top in CS2 actually if I remember correctly.

Soloxreborn said on March 25, 2014 at 8:21 p.m.

wasn't makoto god tier when she was dlc?

SoftShocks said on March 25, 2014 at 9:10 p.m.

Amane :(

ScarletTerror said on March 25, 2014 at 9:18 p.m.

Mmm I haven't played ChronoPhantasma yet, but I did play everything up to it. From tournament footage, it is like if Mahvel and Street Fighter had a baby. There is high damaging combos and everything, but they require very specific setups usually when your opponent messes up. If you do get caught in one of those combos you have an option to burst. Also it is most like SF on crack with footsies, mix-up opportunities galore, and a lot more movement options. I recommend it. Oh did I mention you can roll after a knock down?

Dartzthedragoon said on March 25, 2014 at 9:34 p.m.

Brokonoe at the high tier list, as usual. I hope this new patch wrecks her pretty hard

jme said on March 25, 2014 at 9:35 p.m.

hmm not sure. I would figure they would be there already.

tortoos said on March 25, 2014 at 9:38 p.m.

tier list needs work. Terumi is too low. kagura is WAY too low, azrael is too low, 13 is too high. Hazama is way too low, platinum is way too high, taokaka is too low etc.

Still, glad to see this implemented.

MarthFE said on March 25, 2014 at 10:31 p.m.

Makoto has been bottom tier in every game she's been in except one. Her time at the top didn't last long.

KemetWarlord17 said on March 25, 2014 at 10:44 p.m.

Just got my Limited Edition today. This game's officially my favorite fighter of all time.

Mrb20028 said on March 26, 2014 at 3:26 a.m.

Gonna try to learn this game!

EnsignHiro said on March 26, 2014 at 4:56 a.m.

Same. I wanna use kokonoe and main rachel!

BigFleccs said on March 26, 2014 at 12:20 p.m.

I would say the game is more complex than capcom, but not so much it can't be learned. You will have to play it to get good at it.

EnsignHiro said on March 26, 2014 at 3:11 p.m.

When will kokonoe be available to retail buyers?

spotlesseden said on March 26, 2014 at 9:24 p.m.

Going to back to main rachel and will try to learn Iayoi

Rachel_Alucard said on March 26, 2014 at 9:59 p.m.