BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma released today in North America - stats, Fight Tracker and profile pages updated

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 25, 2014 at 1:06 a.m. PDT

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma is officially out today in North America. While the title has been released in Japanese arcades since late 2012, it only hit the PS3 in the land of the rising sun on October 2013.

Chrono Phantasma has already picked up a very solid following in the competitive scene though, a fact which should only be bolstered with its release state side, and else where in North America.

We've migrated our BlazBlue pages over to the latest version, so if you hit up our stats page for Chrono Phantasma you'll find all of the new characters, and these areas all utilize the new artwork for the game as well.

Also, now is a good time to update your profile and list the characters you're using, as it'll also enable other people to find you with our handy Fight Tracker, so they can work on specific match ups, or simply find people who are located close by to compete with.

PlayStation Plus members can get a few dollars off the game, too.

We'll have quite a bit more BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma coverage in the near future, so please stay tuned.

Contributions to this story by Shinkuu_Kikoken and Somebodyelseathome.

Comments

Yung said on March 25, 2014 at 1:09 a.m.

Since this game is not coming to the 360 (boooo), I hope at least it comes to Steam.

Catalyst said on March 25, 2014 at 1:12 a.m.

We may have a bit of a surprise in store for BlazBlue fans today — if we're able to pull it off, that is.

We'll have a separate news story announcing this on the front page if we are. Wish us luck.

Hint: It's something related to EventHubs.

Yung said on March 25, 2014 at 1:16 a.m.

EventHubs will have a BlazBlue flash game ?

Dimensional said on March 25, 2014 at 1:28 a.m.

Looking forward to playing this game Ive actually decided to import this time Ive learnt my lesson about waiting for the European release of Arcs games.

FalsoL said on March 25, 2014 at 1:37 a.m.

AWS hates Europe and Microsoft, it's a fact.

LordHiroRose said on March 25, 2014 at 1:41 a.m.

I really need to learn how to play this series. My girl is finally playable!

FGCFGCFGC said on March 25, 2014 at 1:53 a.m.

Yeah release every other game on the series for 360/ps3 but the final one only for ps3. LOL so stupid

Eternal said on March 25, 2014 at 2 a.m.

It'd be nice to get any ASW game on PC that is newer than 6years old lol. I'd love to just see Guilty Gear +R on PC. Xrd or BBCP would be dope but +R would be fine too.

bloopbloopbloops said on March 25, 2014 at 2:34 a.m.

hey catalyst, man, some users on here felt like eventhubs disses blazeblue, and i appreciate seeing you guys prove that this isnt the case. i personally am not invested in this game but it's cool to see you guys invest some time into this game.

just wanted to take the time to acknowledge that eventhubs indeed strives for a sense of unity within the fgc. we all may not agree from time to time, but on behalf of the fgc, thanks for creating a space for us to come together and allow us the floor to debate, argue, agree, gather, and relate to one another. without this social space online, i would probably remain disconnected from the fgc. i enjoy the debates and harmony shared on this site because it creates a common grouhd for us to express our points of views and perspectives whether they may coincide with one another, and that, for myself, i find to be valuable more than you may know.

so thanks.

...that's all.

Pachendrix said on March 25, 2014 at 2:55 a.m.

Not buying this until they patch it. Won't waste my money to fight against the Kokonoe/Noel/Rachel army. That being said, I can't wait till the patch comes out on may because the game looks amazing. It's a shame that the scrub army make the game less enjoyable with their pathetic tier whoring.

gamekingcaleb94 said on March 25, 2014 at 3:11 a.m.

It sucks that it is only for the PS3, I was really looking forward to play it on the Xbox 360 like the previous BlazBlue games.

SevenDaggers said on March 25, 2014 at 3:14 a.m.

Now I can't wait till I get to play it en Eu, I love BB games. Shame there are so many regulations stopping them from just releasing it digitally. I mean, its 2014. Slap on some english subtitles, and release it :(

SuperRoadFighter said on March 25, 2014 at 3:21 a.m.

I don't understand the point of your post, they get the same amount of money from you if you buy it now or in May. What exactly is the point of your 1-man protest? And if you lose to some scrub because he is tier whoring you just aren't a very good player to begin with or top players would lose to random Fei Long and Akuma players in SFIV because they are using top tier characters.

Sayer said on March 25, 2014 at 3:33 a.m.

BBCP and Xrd on PC would be sick. They're both titles that should be available on both xbox consoles as well. Sucks with this exclusive crap.

AugustAPC said on March 25, 2014 at 4:02 a.m.

I'll be picking my copy up soon! Wish I could get it on 360... but alas, looks like I'll be switching my BlazBlue collection over to the PS3.

D2Or said on March 25, 2014 at 5:46 a.m.

Collector's Edition, here I come!

Blackoshinomi said on March 25, 2014 at 5:47 a.m.

Might pick this up 2day

moup94 said on March 25, 2014 at 6:03 a.m.

I don't have a PS3 so I was super upset that this game was PS3 only, luckily I have a Vita so I'll get this game after all thanks to the Vita release coming out. I just gotta wait a little longer

cta said on March 25, 2014 at 7:07 a.m.

I've pre-ordered the Limited Edition from Amazon. Not sure why the delivery date is set between Apr 3 to 9, grrr.

BUYACUSHUN said on March 25, 2014 at 7:15 a.m.

Did gamestop allow people to buy it earlier? Cause i ordered mine yesterday . . .

southpaladin said on March 25, 2014 at 7:27 a.m.

For the people who may have trouble importing physical copy of BBCP from America or don't want to wait 1 week for the US digital download (like me). The game is also available as digital download on Hong Kong PSN for some 322 HKDollars since this morning. But unlike with the US pre-order, it doesn't come with a free DLC char :(
Just throwing it out there.

geoomega said on March 25, 2014 at 8:21 a.m.

I already have it, but planning on buying the digital one just so i can inderstand everything... :(

Soloxreborn said on March 25, 2014 at 8:23 a.m.

If anybody want to run some matches add me-- soloxreborn

the_main_event said on March 25, 2014 at 8:35 a.m.

Can't find it any where for local pickup or on psn...any one know stores that would have this in jersey?

darkblade13 said on March 25, 2014 at 8:45 a.m.

It is pathetic that they released all the other BlazBlue games on the 360 but not this one.

Ermapume said on March 25, 2014 at 8:45 a.m.

Although I want to grab the physical copy, It's nice to know I can get a discount on the digital version.

SoftShocks said on March 25, 2014 at 8:47 a.m.

Come to me Amane

shadowhumane said on March 25, 2014 at 9:01 a.m.

i cant wait to main bullet a kokone Her Name Is Koko She Is Loco I Said Oh No!

ALifeOfWinter said on March 25, 2014 at 9:28 a.m.

I was actually planning on maining those two.

TheTHCGamer said on March 25, 2014 at 9:29 a.m.

Same I've had the game for months but I might pick up the US version later down the road. It might not be as balanced as extend but it's still in my opinion the best BB yet.

BUYACUSHUN said on March 25, 2014 at 9:39 a.m.

Yeah anyone looking for matches add BUYACUSHUN. I'm busy with school but will try to play at some consistent rate.

jme said on March 25, 2014 at 9:42 a.m.

Can't find the ps+ digital copy. Guess I gotta wait for the store to update.

SlvrNightMKII said on March 25, 2014 at 9:55 a.m.

A shame this is only on PS3. I've bought the past games for my 360 and, since I lack a PS3, it seems like I have no choice but to sit this one out.

I really wanted to play as Kokonoe too. Damn.

Eye_of_Orochi said on March 25, 2014 at 9:57 a.m.

By this logic, you only play games that your own characters are top tier in? People tier whore in every game that is nothing new, this is especially prevalent in newer games where there is still tons of evolving for it to do. Why don't you just adapt and play, like everyone is going to tier whore anyways? Let the game grow, sick of people using the fact they can cry for a patch as a crutch and use tier lists as an excuse. "Not buying until they fix the balance to my liking" god you're lame!

jelaninoel said on March 25, 2014 at 10:05 a.m.

Meanwhile on 360...lol

jelaninoel said on March 25, 2014 at 10:33 a.m.

DVD doesnt have enough space according to them. Shout out to MS and their outdated tech

ShinAkiraDesu said on March 25, 2014 at 10:41 a.m.

Well im pretty salty that our local gamestop didnt get the shipment of this game for today. Also still salty that i am buying this dang game on a ps3 and not my sexbox360

psykostorm said on March 25, 2014 at 10:49 a.m.

yep, good luck finding this game today. its gamestops fault, i dont believe. ITs our own fault. Aksys kept saying the game "ships" today. Too many people took that for a street date and no stores got a shipment at all. im more pissed that im going to have to wait yet another week because people are stupid and dont know how to communicate the english language. ships does not = will be in stores..

Loryuo said on March 25, 2014 at 10:52 a.m.

Except the game is out today. I have it and I got it from the Gamestop store. shouldn't lie to people cause you were in an unfortunate area. lol

Jayson619 said on March 25, 2014 at 10:54 a.m.

Thank God Blazblue:CP is not out for the Xbox 360. That damn console doesn't desrve the series in the first place, having stolen Tekken in and psycho-ing every American to make a fake excuse saying the PS3 has lag which does not exist....M$ losers.

The PlayStation is the True People's Game Console for Tournaments and to have EVO use Xbox 360 will be the end of EVO for good.

No Blazblue:CP for Xbox 360 is not only a good thing but a wise decision on Arc System Works but JUSTICE DONE!

HooliganComboFTW said on March 25, 2014 at 11:05 a.m.

My god the amount of fanboyism in that post made my eyes hurt. Can't people discuss the game without having the console war elitist attitude present? Seriously making the other PS gamers look back when your making yourself look like an ass.

DestinyZX1 said on March 25, 2014 at 11:07 a.m.

I couldn't get my copy because Gamestop didn't have it. I have to wait till tomorrow to get it but I am excited nonetheless.

HooliganComboFTW said on March 25, 2014 at 11:11 a.m.

Did they patch kokonoe yet? She literally makes old Noel look like a complex character with how brain dead she is lol

Jayson619 said on March 25, 2014 at 11:12 a.m.

Yung and FGCFGCFGC fired the first shot. No harm hitting back.

BTW hope that Kokonoe doesn't get nerfed. She's still beatable.

Eden said on March 25, 2014 at 11:31 a.m.

Thank you Eventhubs, I hope BlazBlue will get the coverage it deserves, especially when this series is like Guilty Gear's little sister.

Arakune said on March 25, 2014 at 11:32 a.m.

Glad to see i'm not the only one that was unable to get my copy because of them not having it shipped yet... It's possible that they'll get it later today but who knows. I can't believe some of you in these comments are so stupid to complain that it isn't on 360, they explained why, fools.

IMainDanHibiki said on March 25, 2014 at 11:40 a.m.

Nnnnnn! I gotta get a PS3 so I can main my girl Makoto!

Loryuo said on March 25, 2014 at 11:50 a.m.

the bbcp major patch comes out 2 weeks after today.

aoi said on March 25, 2014 at 12:19 p.m.

dat fanboy rant

psykostorm said on March 25, 2014 at 12:23 p.m.

more people do not have it than do..and since your the only one to say that you do in the comments and others have also stated elsewhere (yes i do look at more than just EH), i came to the consensus that its been delayed. IF you have it, good for you..count yourself lucky.

PurplePonyJotaro said on March 25, 2014 at 12:28 p.m.

If its for BlazBlue you have my complete support. Much love, Catalyst.

Loryuo said on March 25, 2014 at 12:30 p.m.

Yeah i understand that. It seems that the regular copies of the games got delayed, but since i preordered the limited edition version i was able to get it. My heart goes out to you guys. =(

PurplePonyJotaro said on March 25, 2014 at 12:39 p.m.

Enjoy the game everyone! Sorry to those who can't due to no Ps3, but thank you for sticking with us this far.

Gorehound said on March 25, 2014 at 1:40 p.m.

Mori already explain that they couldn't port it on the 360 due to disc space problems and compressing it will make it a messy port. Not to mention everyone knows that Japanese gaming companies are still backwards on the whole how to make a profit in the gaming business.

The good news is that the XBOX ONE is going to get released worldwide, especially Japan, this September so Japanese gaming companies will now get the X1 dev kit. Mori did mention he wanted to port an updated version of BBCP on the PS4, so porting it and other future titles for the X1 won't be a problem.

Also, if they hate the 360 so much, explain why are they porting the new P4 Arena for the 360?

DrDevice said on March 25, 2014 at 1:42 p.m.

Yeah the GameStop near me didn't get their shipment today so no LE for me despite other stores in the area getting it <_<

TheTHCGamer said on March 25, 2014 at 1:54 p.m.

Grow up.

FightDirty said on March 25, 2014 at 2:17 p.m.

I think this is the last major fighting game I haven't picked up. Is it any good? At least at the level of KoF? I'm serious. Don't know of I want to pay $45 for it if it's only average.

Blackoshinomi said on March 25, 2014 at 2:21 p.m.

You are right . LOL

Ojidan_Boy said on March 25, 2014 at 2:47 p.m.

How is Arc system works able to put out a great product like Chrono Phantasma for that price value, and at the same time make a new Guilty Gear game for both current and next gen consoles, while capcom struggles to put together a sub par update for SF4.

I'm not asking a rhetorical question here or trying to be sassy, I genuinely want to know.

Clamper said on March 25, 2014 at 2:56 p.m.

Marvel has a horrible framerate on PS3 and SF4 has a 1-2 frame input delay compared to 360/PC/Arcade versions. Deal with it.

Loryuo said on March 25, 2014 at 3:17 p.m.

blazblue is handled by mori's group and guilty gear is handled by daisuke ishawatari's group. different groups work on different games.

ErikDigital said on March 25, 2014 at 3:36 p.m.

My limited edition has been delayed until tomorrow at Gamestop.

Ojidan_Boy said on March 25, 2014 at 3:59 p.m.

My question was more about the discrepancy in quality between Chrono Phatasma and USF4.

Loryuo said on March 25, 2014 at 4:15 p.m.

yeah it seems only 2 copies of the LE BB game actually even got here and i just got lucky.

also sorry Ojidan!

fabfred said on March 25, 2014 at 4:28 p.m.

it wont be out for digital until april 1st,check for details at the psn store.

ScarletTerror said on March 25, 2014 at 4:31 p.m.

Ah....Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is only seeing a PS3 in Japan. As for other markets, I've only seen the U.S. confirm a 360 release with the PS3.

ScarletTerror said on March 25, 2014 at 4:33 p.m.

It is really good.

kdavis851 said on March 25, 2014 at 5 p.m.

The discrepancy in quality is your opinion.

ScarletTerror said on March 25, 2014 at 6:45 p.m.

Mmmmm Arc Systems has had it its trouble. Such as the physical disc-only update to Continuum Shift to Continuum Shift Extend(Which only added 1 new character). And Capcom isn't struggling with Ultra Street Fighter IV, what with 5 "new" characters, and actual new modes. I think both companies are just in different strides right now.

theshredder39 said on March 25, 2014 at 8:49 p.m.

Gettng my copy tomorrow, I had the limited edition pre-ordered from Gamestop but the shipment got delayed, but for those who have it I'd like to ask out of curiosity, Kokonoe nor Terumi are showing up on the Playstation Store for me so how are those two being handled as DLC?

Loryuo said on March 25, 2014 at 8:52 p.m.

my guess is that the dlc won't be available to the public till april 1st i guess? you should get a code for terumi in your LE box though(i did)

theshredder39 said on March 25, 2014 at 8:56 p.m.

Alright, thank you.

Dartzthedragoon said on March 25, 2014 at 10:29 p.m.

I lucked out on my copy. Was the only one available at my Gamestop. Also, Kokonoe is free DLC if you pre-order the digital copy of CP and Terumi is free if you pre-order the physical copy. Read the comments guys

theshredder39 said on March 25, 2014 at 10:57 p.m.

Really now? Well I guess I'm getting Terumi, probably the better option right now cause while Kokonoe is the character I was looking forward to most, I don't want to be that guy who people actively leave matches again just cause I'm using a character that's supposebly, disgustingly broken, can see where they're coming from, I'll still buy Kokonoe as soon as she comes out but I'll just use her in single player modes until she gets nerfed.

sabata84 said on March 26, 2014 at 6:57 a.m.

So, they are releasing this game on the freaking vita but not xbox. I love blaz blue ever since i tried and got it for my xbox. Now they pull the stupid excuse that memory is an issue when they are releasing this on the vita.I love this game and arcsystem and I will be buying ps4 down the road for the games but I am not blowing money just to play this on ps3. If memory is an issue make a damn instalation disc to install part of the game of story mode. If they have a contract with sony exclusives why not just come out and damn say it rather than agitate fans. Lets hope they port this to ps4 along with other stuff they put on psn.

Pachendrix said on March 26, 2014 at 10:01 a.m.

There's a huge difference between a character who's better than the rest (akuma/fei), and a broken character who is unfairly better than the rest (kokonoe). As for Noel and Rachel I just get tired of seeing the exact same characters in almost every match of every stream. Which is the reason I almost stopped playing Injustice back in the OP Superman days.

Pachendrix said on March 26, 2014 at 10:13 a.m.

LOL Right, cause Gouken is God tier in SF? Go search through my games, the only top tier character you'll see is Chun in 3rdS, and that's because she happens to be my favorite character in the series so your logic on only playing games where my character is top tiers is plain retarded. Kokonoe is broken beyond reason, which is why she has been banned from mayor tournaments, the fact that you insist on having her stay as is, which is completely unfair for every other character in the game except maybe Noel because she's OP (not broken though), leads to the conclusion that you're either a dumbass, or just one of the many scrub tier whores Kokonoe users. I'm still buying this game, and I'm still supporting it, the only difference is I'm doing it once the game is balanced (which is already in the making, is not like I'm asking for them to do it now). They're nerfing Kokonoe for a reason, whether you like it or not, so even the devs realized we were right, and the character is broken. Get over it!

ShinAkiraDesu said on March 26, 2014 at 10:50 a.m.

A day later and we got our le copies of bb. Praise the sun. Im learning the game right now so if anyone wants to play. Inbox me

cta said on March 26, 2014 at 12:51 p.m.

Any one here from Canada having trouble getting a copy of BBCP? Also, still no word with my pre-order of the LE.

drillbit777 said on March 26, 2014 at 3:13 p.m.

I'm pretty sure the reason why Blazblue CP is PS3 exclusive is because of sales. Xbox doesn't do that well in Japan and it probably sold poorly on that system at least in japan.

Unk_Br said on March 27, 2014 at 1:26 a.m.

The digital version on PSN releases only on 04/01 so there might be something behind the curtains that we don't know