Bringing an old concept into the modern age - Kickstarter project to revitialize Super Arcade

Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • March 19, 2014 at 7:28 a.m. PDT

If you're anything like me, you love that good old arcade feel. Especially for fighting game enthusiasts, game centers like these are generally something to hold very dear.

Arcades have been closing left and right during the last few years, but one of them still stands strong. Super Arcade in Walnut, California is one of the very few such places that is still running, but it might not be viable to do so much longer unless some changes are put in place.

Mike Watson, the owner of Super Arcade, has started a new Kickstarter project, where you can help to build Super Arcade into the palace of fighting games that everyone would love for it to be.

Hit the jump to see the Kickstarter video, and more details on how to assist.

If you're interested in contributing to this great cause, make sure to visit the Kickstarter page for the project, and do whatever you're capable of.

We here at EventHubs are very supportive of the arcade scene, and would love to see Super Arcade continue to thrive with the great suggestions Mike Watson puts forward in the video above. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Thanks to Lock and two anonymous tipsters for sending this in.

Comments

JakePeskin said on March 19, 2014 at 7:39 a.m.

The kickstarter seems to be going really nicely. Seems like there is still some popular support for arcades.

MRN_SirFoxington said on March 19, 2014 at 7:42 a.m.

isnt USF4 be officially released for the Arcades next month? correct if iam mistaken

BoozerX said on March 19, 2014 at 7:42 a.m.

perfume said on March 19, 2014 at 7:49 a.m.

sarif2soon said on March 19, 2014 at 7:53 a.m.

If I'm ever in the U.S., this'd be one of the places I'd DEFINITELY want to visit.

RunnersKnee said on March 19, 2014 at 8:06 a.m.

Yeah it's really sad that arcades here in the US had been closing. Other countries' still have their arcades going and strong and it really gives a sense of community and togetherness, which sadly begins to lack here given the accessibility of online play.
I do hope Super Arcade continues to open and with this kickstarter bring in more people than before!

HooliganComboFTW said on March 19, 2014 at 8:19 a.m.

So is another kick-starter a year or two down the road gonna be setup if the Super-Arcade buisness struggles to stay afloat again? While crowd funding is a great method to get funding from numerous backers (especially if there are attractive tier rewards), but it's only a short term solution for a buisness. If he doesn't have a solid plan to use these funds for long-term investments to keep Super out of the red then this is a waste of money to delay the inevitable. I wish him all the luck though.

IareBeStayDrunk said on March 19, 2014 at 8:21 a.m.

The long term goal is to have a nicer place that hopes to be more attractive to more people. More loyal arcade goers, more revenue. Its a long shot, but like in my previous post, desperation.

BoozerX said on March 19, 2014 at 8:22 a.m.

Kalyx_triaD said on March 19, 2014 at 8:28 a.m.

I'm sorry, but if the revenue from the people who do go there isn't enough to keep it afloat, that's just the law of the jungle. I'm sorry to see arcades go, but the fact is they don't break even like they used to around here. If it can't sustain itself, it is what it is. And perhaps they could find or create a venture that can.

joestar316 said on March 19, 2014 at 8:32 a.m.

The only arcade I care about. Has SFIV nice people and gets supported by the community around the area. Doesn't beg people for money and stays in buisness by simply being an arcade and not a FGC hang out.

Good luck to super arcade.

perfume said on March 19, 2014 at 8:34 a.m.

SoulBroRyu said on March 19, 2014 at 8:35 a.m.

I've never been to Super Arcade, but I donated the last time and I'll be glad to donate again. They're hosted WNF, the Runback and many other weekly tournies that I've enjoyed immensely and they're one of the few legendary arcades still running in the US. Mike is a genuine dude and he gets my full support.

Whether your a local or have never stepped foot in the place, the closure of Super Arcade will set the FGC back tremendously if it happens.

dust said on March 19, 2014 at 8:44 a.m.

Glad to see some support, but I gotta agree that this is only delaying the inevitable. Also, Watson is not the kind of person I want to be lending my support to. Sure he has the background/pedigree and is a big name in the FGC, but the guy gets off on insulting others, like calling Infiltration a "social retard" and doesn't realize that there are consequences. Not smart for business.

IcyKnee said on March 19, 2014 at 8:46 a.m.

Isn't this what banks are for? I suppose you don't have to pay interest on handouts. Or pay back anything at all for that matter.

BlackOnyxThunder said on March 19, 2014 at 8:54 a.m.

How do you know what Kickstarter is for? Did you invent the site?

tricrack said on March 19, 2014 at 8:56 a.m.

courte said on March 19, 2014 at 9:01 a.m.

He's coming to the fgc because absolutely tucked himself financially for the community. Have some of you not been following? He is just about dead broke and he stretched himself thin to provide for the community. He gave up so much for the fgc out of his own pocket, if he went to the bank on his credit, they would execute him by laughter.

That may seem a bit harsh, but that was my takeaway from his blog post a couple of months back.

TrueGamingGuru said on March 19, 2014 at 9:02 a.m.

I remember the good old arcades, this is where you get to play some interesting & unique games which require you to use quarters. What really is a shame is the arcade place I use to go to actually got closed down, and I feel like there are just no place to go to arcades. Unless if your either in a bowling ally, Dave & Busters to name a few but its pretty rare. There are even some games that are released for Arcades that I would want to play, along with trying out new characters that are currently available in DOA5U Arcade Edition.

Even Arcades had a really good impact on the gaming industries rather than the console market of today. From Arcades giving players early access to a game that will eventually get a console release, look at how Tatsunoko vs Capcom & Street Fighter IV series got released, when Marvel vs Capcom 3 & Street Fighter X Tekken didn't even get an Arcade release they just skip these releases but not SSFIVAE & USFIV. Fighter Games without Arcades (at least Beta Demos or free-to-play Arcade-type release) or any other way than gaming conventions will be a problem from balance issue, to couple of features not working properly, rushed development, and glitches/bugs/freezes that weren't tested properly. Plus part of the gaming industries for the Western regions isn't really looking good, and I feel like videogames became less interesting especially what they have to offer. (coming from use to watching X-Play all the time before the show reach its conclusion, and from watching E3) I'm not saying all videogames are boring, there is something missing that gives out variety along with reasons to buy a new console in the first place.

If I ever got a chance to go to Arcades like Super Arcade which is in Walnut (plus I don't live in California) or at least went to Japan, I would want to go to the Arcades.

perfume said on March 19, 2014 at 9:04 a.m.

r0bby said on March 19, 2014 at 9:04 a.m.

He knows what kickstarter is for because he can read the guidelines: https://www.kickstarter.com/help/guid...

This project really skirts the edge of the guidelines and if it was my call I'd say this project does not fall under the guidelines. He's looking for charity to revitalize a failing business. It is a stretch to suggest that renovations are a project akin to creating an album, game, or movie. Perhaps if this was a kickstarter to open a new business it would be a little different but it isn't.

Also I'm disappointed that #4's (perfume) original comment was down voted to the point of being hidden. His statement was accurate and, although counter to popular opinion, not inflammatory in any way. The down voting system should not be used to silent those that disagree with the masses. It should be used to silent trolls.

perfume said on March 19, 2014 at 9:16 a.m.

tricrack said on March 19, 2014 at 9:20 a.m.

TagAnarchy said on March 19, 2014 at 9:26 a.m.

I'm down to help out as arcades have been a very life changing thing for me. I hate seeing arcades die out like they are, so you have my support Watson. As much as I like casual gatherings at home, there's just something about gatherings at an arcade that can't be matched.

If only you had waited until my pay raise, I would've had more to shell out for you.

BestSiteEver said on March 19, 2014 at 9:58 a.m.

Arcadiac said on March 19, 2014 at 9:59 a.m.

Totally agree! I'm from Wisconsin and never set foot in Cali, but damnit I watch wnf and trb every week and they deserve mine and your help!

sarif2soon said on March 19, 2014 at 10:06 a.m.

If it makes you feel any better, I gave that comment of yours a like.

There's no real effect of getting downvoted here (that I know of). However, it gives the mods a good reason to ban you if necessary.

NoizyChild said on March 19, 2014 at 10:11 a.m.

Nah, the mods are (hopefully) aware of the trolls running around here.

I've gotten downvoted before for simply saying that Capcom isn't going back to sprites.

The vote system was a good idea on paper, but they gave the wrong toys to the wrong people.

Gotomaster said on March 19, 2014 at 10:16 a.m.

Perhaps I am speaking from bias, but as a resident of Socal, I will help Super Arcade thrive. If you don't want to fine, but don't say things like it won't help the community, that is an absolute lie.

@26 So just because it irritates you, Ehubs shouldn't post news of kickstarters/donation drives? If you don't want to donate you don't have to, jeez. This news is for those who want to help. Don't forsake them just because you can't stand it.

HooliganComboFTW said on March 19, 2014 at 10:20 a.m.

About the current down-vote topic, I think it has less to do with supporting your unpopular opinion and more on how you PRESENT your unpopular opinion. I've made several unpopular opinion based comments (most recently on the Decapre topic), but I don't make my comment sound like it came from a twelve year old child having a temper tantrum. Which is why I rarely ever get down-voted on topics unlike some of the other notable members here who aren't quite as subtle with their presentations.

Your comment must still be must be filled with objective rationale thought and not purely on clouded biased emotional reactions. For reference of what not to do just look at #28

FightDirty said on March 19, 2014 at 10:23 a.m.

You guys need to read the writing on the wall. Arcades in America are doomed. Consoles has killed the arcades in the US and they won't come back. If you want to throw good money at lost causes then that is your perogative. Personally, if I want to visit a great and still thriving arcade scene then I'll hop on a flight to Japan. Just saying.

triplefierce said on March 19, 2014 at 10:24 a.m.

The memberships seem like a solid idea. Maybe it can bring in more money and motivate those that get it to go more often to take advantage of it, like a gym membership.

perfume said on March 19, 2014 at 10:25 a.m.

3D said on March 19, 2014 at 10:36 a.m.

The only arcade I support too. It really surprises me that it doesn't get much attention like Super. Super effin far from LA in general too. Ever since FFA closed I see a lot of valley heads go here or UGC in panorama. But I'll keep supporting family rather than super.

nusense said on March 19, 2014 at 10:36 a.m.

Some people have some nerves. Don't want to support SA, don't donate. Don't like this post? Don't click on the post. It's as simple as that. Super arcade has contributed to EH as for as content wise. By having events at SA.

HooliganComboFTW said on March 19, 2014 at 10:39 a.m.

lol NoiZyChild alone debunks that theory and pretty sure I seen a couple more green people with numerous down votes as well. Green doesn't make you immune from down votes, you can still act stupid while donating to ehubs. Not to mention there aren't many green people compared to other people to begin with so that can lead to misrepresented statistics from the start.

You are probably right about vote centric sites like reddit though where it essentially becomes a popularity contest, god forbid objective unpopular ideas surface. Certain radical Ehub articles (Like every other PS4/XBO themed article which are plagued by fanboys for example) to an extent as well, but from my experience I still see several unpopular idea posts (when presented well) don't get down voted or even up voted to green status in some cases. Gives me enough faith that this site is not too corrupted from down vote spammers simply because his view doesn't agree with my view.

lukecage83 said on March 19, 2014 at 10:48 a.m.

That is very true lol

I live in SoCal (Moreno Valley), and I've only been to Super Arcade Once. I never go there as it's just too far for me to make the trip as much as I'd like. Nor do I care about WNF. But I do love the arcade scene, which is reason enough to donate. I don't hold against you that you feel differently. Trust, I understand where you're coming from, bruh! I'm just like....

"We only have 2 arcades left...Super and JamesGames (not even sure that's still open)...3 if you count Round One...what happened?"

I would donate just because I don't want to see the end of the Arcade scene. But by the way things look, it seems inevitable. The casual gamer in the US today...

1. is Lazy as F--K

2. Has no interest in fighting games because of complexity

3. can hop online. So even if they were to enjoy fighters, they can play them at home with other people. Why go out to the arcade?

last 2 stem from no.1 - it all boils down to the Casual gamer today is a lazy one. That's why games nowadays are being made with the utmost simplicity. The hardcore fighting game players are the minority unfortunately - and, much like someone mentioned earlier, if we're not enough, what hope is there?

Despite that, I'm going to donate anyway...

eventturds said on March 19, 2014 at 11:43 a.m.

BlackGuile said on March 19, 2014 at 11:48 a.m.

I love how the stream monsters and online warriors are spoken to like second class citizens until our money is needed.

ReddChief said on March 19, 2014 at 1:14 p.m.

The only people to say what Kickstarter suppose to be used for is the owners of the site and sense the kickstarter is still up so what does that tell you, what are these people suppose to be the kickstarter patrol LMAO who cares what you think, you either donate or you don't.

Artemis_Reinhold said on March 19, 2014 at 1:56 p.m.

I'm from the Southeast and nearly ALL arcades closed down here years ago. It's sad. That's where I started playing fighters. If Super Arcade can't stay alive with such a great local scene, that's not a good sign.

As for those who keep saying these arcades are slowly closing, in MOST of the country they actually closed down YEARS ago. Sign of the times. But, there is also a nostalgia for arcades and I feel that the youth coming up are looking for more places to actually MEET up. They crave real contact and I can see Arcades being a great place for that too happen. It's already happening in the hipper communities.

As a counterpoint to all the negativity, it should be said that Arcades COULD still work with the right messaging and marketing in communities everywhere. It just takes vision, creativity and the WILL to do it.

Blackoshinomi said on March 19, 2014 at 1:57 p.m.

I have to 2nd this .

People just need to realize that even if they get the money there going to be asking for it a few months later !

The reason why it dying because we are in the digital age people? It's so much easier to just stay at home and play games or on the go.

And maybe he should try and make his arcade more like Dave and busters mix it with good food and drinking and advertise the reto games better for the old school people ?

xYomiLord420x said on March 19, 2014 at 2:03 p.m.

Pretty sure the kickstarter is for renovating Super Arcade into a place where it isn't a fighting game only arcade, which Mike has stated that he is losing money for catering to the FGC. So it really isn't about "saving it", it's about adapting to modern times and making it into a Round 1 type atmosphere with Fighting games to go with it. That said, I hope he succeeds.

Vastago said on March 19, 2014 at 2:37 p.m.

Please watch this... there is no reason to throw money away at something that clearly wont stand a chance.

Arcades are dead...

Blackoshinomi said on March 19, 2014 at 2:49 p.m.

lol

HooliganComboFTW said on March 19, 2014 at 2:51 p.m.

Lol this reminds me of so many shady KS/IGG campaign I've come across.

superarcade said on March 19, 2014 at 3:01 p.m.

i apologize for being late to the EH party. i see both negative and positive here and i would like to thank you for taking time to post your feelings and thoughts on this subject. yes, i am thanking people for their negative posts because not everyone has to the courage post what they feel sometimes and just cause you are opposed to something doesnt mean you should be muted. im sorry your post got down voted but that doesnt mean it wont get read. i read everything i can on here, srk, and reddit. i take into consideration everything about the FGC and i always make an effort to talk to stream monsters just as i do company representatives that sponsor our events. we are all people and should be treated equally, so please dont throw me into a category i dont belong.

now onto the real things to discuss. i have always made myself available to talk to anyone about the situation here at super arcade and that will never change. if you feel this is some type of bs or dont want to support the cause, that is 100% okay obviously. i have presented my plan, i have spent a lot of time making sure every detail is explained, and i have done all i can to promote this project. you might not like me, you might not like my ideas, but if you are from the FGC there is no way you deny the fact i work my ass off for this community and even with this kickstarter i will be working even harder.

this kickstarter isnt for me personally, this kickstarter is to remodel and change a location entirely in order for it to survive. i am not here asking for donations nor am i asking for people buy me food or pay my rent. i am asking people to pitch in to form a business that provides for a community as i can no longer do so without help. this isnt a situation where i have failed and now im begging for a bailout. this is a situation where i left it up to the community to see if they want super arcade to exist into the future. it took a ton of work to make these plans and even produce these ideas to keep the dream alive. so please dont get things twisted and try to make it out like im scoring some big payday when i am not. i havent taken money out of super arcade for over half a year and the money that kickstarter is generating will go into super arcade remodeling and upgrade costs.

if you still feel i am doing something wrong then i apologize, and i will try to check in for more comments and reply accordingly. thank you for your time and support.

Spabobin said on March 19, 2014 at 3:06 p.m.

massi4h said on March 19, 2014 at 3:14 p.m.

I don't know how well it's doing, but if you look at Ultra Arcade on Facebook that place looks hella fancy. If Mike Watson can make Super Arcade anything like that I'd pretty much live there if I had the chance.

hamuzza said on March 19, 2014 at 3:22 p.m.

the FGC is a very ugly child on the internet.
if you cannot appreciate the effort put into this cause, then move on, seriously. there is no obligation to donate, but when you start rambling about trivial things (i.e. kickstarters guidelines, destined to fail) trying to convince the majority how YOU are right and donating is for suckers... well... just move on.

KristineR said on March 19, 2014 at 4:11 p.m.

This is not what Kickstarter is used for. There are banks and other investment routes mike can look into for his arcade. I consider the use of Kickstarter to get remodeling to your business a form of taking advantage of the community and using the system inappropriately. When we do anything in life we know the risk and those risk fall on us as individuals. I get he put a lot into this arcade but he knew there was a risk of it not turning profit. If he took a proposal to a bank and outlined the things he wishes to do, they probably would loan him the money. However he will have to pay it back. That’s another thing; in this case he doesn’t have to pay it back. No risk on his end and all the rewards if this new business model works. That’s not cool. I have read and heard Triforce say he wants to build a new arc with different floors and a variety of things. He said this on the On blast show one time. As shady as people call him, he has never once approached the FGC to donate money to build his vision and pursue his dream of a new arc. This guy has always said he was looking and approaching business investors. Now Triforce doesn’t even have an arc but is looking for investors to help. That’s the right thing to do. Mike has an arcade and asking for a hand out, to remodel something that’s already established. That’s out right mind blowing. For those who say don’t donate and stop saying something, I have to agree with a comment someone said on here. We are the bastard childs of the internet but when it is time to take our money now we are cool. The fact this is a FGC news related item, everyone has the right to comment. Just because Super Arcade and Mike is someone you like, the opinions and question people have are spot on and should be addressed. If we are ever going to grow as a scene we have to be able to look at ourselves and what we do and question it and even “police it” if we have to. Whether its friendship or family, right is right and wrong is wrong. Stop giving free passes.

4leaf said on March 19, 2014 at 4:42 p.m.

It's really strange reading about arcades closing in the US. In my country, arcades are always integrated into malls and never focus on just one genre and/or demographic, which is why customers flock to them almost by instinct/habit every time they're at the mall.

Super Arcade sounds like a nice place. Hope they're able to modernize successfully and stay afloat.

FuriouS said on March 19, 2014 at 4:51 p.m.

I get what he's trying to do and all the best, but if this is the guy that called Infiltration a social retard on stream there's just no way I am supporting. That disrespect towards one of the top fg profiles is just staggering. Please inform me if I am in error and it was in fact not this guy

keefpadthai said on March 19, 2014 at 5:19 p.m.

Sign me up Mike, I'll donate!!! I stay in VA and been watching WNF since before WNF 3.1, before moving to Super Arcade. I support the scene & the culture. I'm not going to sit behind my computer & make random remarks about what it "looks like."

Mike reached out to the FGC for help people. Don't cut his arm off. WNF has been supplying nothing but good games & knowledge. Let's keep it alive people. What ever happened to just helping people? C'mon guys we've wasted money on many pointless things in the past that we won't ever get back. But we have a chance to make a change. Let's do it!!!

Utils said on March 19, 2014 at 6:41 p.m.

80 bux and I live on the Beast Coast.

I got you, Cali!

WhimsyRoll said on March 19, 2014 at 6:44 p.m.

I'm totally helping these guys out. The Super Arcade is the worth getting improvements.

superarcade said on March 19, 2014 at 7:36 p.m.

once again i will reply to someone who doesnt like to read posts before posting. i have done everything i can to keep the place open, i didnt ask for people to pay my lease so i can continue to stay open. i acknowledge the business as is will not generate enough income to support adequate employess. i also know a change is needed if this place wants to continue on.

i didnt twist anyones arm to give us money. i made a plan, i put in work to figure out a strategy to bring super arcade into a more modernized world, and i left it up to the fans to decide if they want super arcade to exist. i cannot afford to convert this place into what i envisioned, and i made it very clear for that matter. so to say i am asking for handouts and begging for money is absurd. the difference with myself and my establishment vs others is that i have produced results and provided a ton of content for the FGC, where as other have just leeched off the community and had hidden agendas.

pretty cute trying to be captain obvious though in terms of saying loans are available and what not through the banking system etc. no risk and using the community, lol........ read more of what i say before responding and looking foolish please.

not going to reply to anymore posts similar to that one but if there are any more legit questions i will be around to answer them indefinitely.

evo546 said on March 19, 2014 at 7:38 p.m.

Im helping as well. So many hater for no reason. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO DONATED.

hellovirgin said on March 19, 2014 at 8:43 p.m.

For those who live overseas or are seldom in the US this isn't very necessary for there is a strong and growing online community in place of hooligan-infested arcades so save yourself from the hassle of visiting a diminishing offline one that only appears to try showing us what we want to see in nonsensical tourneys.

umad said on March 19, 2014 at 8:44 p.m.

gotta agree w/ 4. what's going to happen in a few months, another kickstarter? whateva though, your money do what you want w/ it.

nusense said on March 19, 2014 at 10:02 p.m.

Yet, it's okay for triforce to beg for money to send kdz to evo and not pay back the money to people who donated to kevin?Also begging for funds to go to ufgt? Begging for money to go to Jamaica? People who donate to Super know what they're getting into and their is also rewards\tiers for donations.

nusense said on March 19, 2014 at 10:35 p.m.

I hope Henry Chen can do something likes this, to turn around next level...

TofuDanny said on March 19, 2014 at 10:39 p.m.

I saw Initial D Arcade Stage 3 on that video! TAKE MY MONEY! >-< aha

nusense said on March 20, 2014 at 12:07 a.m.

Oh let's not forget YIPES begging for money for a stream pc and does he stream? NOPE......So don't bring up triforce\emp into this. IN THE END WHO CARES WHO THE FGC SUPPORTS. Don't call Super arcade out on it.

KristineR said on March 20, 2014 at 12:30 a.m.

@ 63 superarcade: I love how you want to ask for help but heaven forbid someone says something that you don’t like, you are quick to make snide remarks towards them. This was unnecessary: “pretty cute trying to be captain obvious though in terms of saying loans are available and what not through the banking system etc. no risk and using the community, lol.”

It’s my opinion on a public forum. Just like it’s your opinion to be on a public forum with your hand out asking for help, to keep your business open. I am captain Obvious. Obviously I know about programs and things that could help your business. There are:

-Small business loans and grants.
-Grants you don’t even have to pay back
AND in some cases the loans for a small business you don’t have to pay back.

According to your heartfelt video, your business is one that does so much for the community right? Even in your video you said your arcade has helped people make friends and even people who had autism and speech impediments blossom right? So if that’s the case, your business is a corner stone of the community. Do you know you could get a grant?

I know you probably went there and I don’t want to be captain obvious but did you go to the Small Business Administration online? That’s: SBA.GOV
I know you already have that site address but I am just putting it out here anyway.

I have helped secure many grants for businesses. Some businesses were smaller than yours. One of the businesses I helped secure funding was a night club in which they had taken out three loans and failed. Yet I got them a grant to do remodeling and stay open. You do know the government will help you keep your business open? I know you know this because you have done everything and all your research but: the government does not want to see a business go under; especially a small business. They will help you stay open by any means necessary. I know you know that but, just throwing it out there for you again.

Did you check in with your bank and ask them about grants for your business? I know you did this as well but just throwing it out there too. Look I am not trying to get into war of words with you or anyone in here. I feel that if you have to ask for people to help remodel your business where does it stop? There is always going to be some tragedy in someone’s life, it’s up to them to deal with it as an individual. If one of these guys on here car breaks down should they start a kick starter to ask for helping fixing it or getting a new one? If a guy gets a girl pregnant, should he start a kick starter to ask for help to cover the medical cost of the new baby?

I am not telling anyone to donate or not to, just expressing my opinion like everyone else. I hope you get the money and this works. Believe me so many people are waiting with bated breath to see how this plays out. If this works you will definitely see a lot more of these articles and kick starter videos real soon.

KristineR said on March 20, 2014 at 1 a.m.

#70 @nusense: I am not calling super arcade out on anything. I recall posting on a similar story when there was a donation drive for Dimineon last year. I stated: When will it stop? These donations have to stop. Everyone has a story and needs money; does that mean that everyone should give money to them too?

Needing help is one thing but this donation stuff on all levels is getting out of hand. If you make decisions, you have to live with them. This goes for anyone: know your limitations and work within them. Did your grandparents have people donating money to help them with the decisions and choices they made in life? NO.

Did your parents have that luxury either? NO. It’s not our responsibility to make sure a player is able to travel to a tournament. It’s not our responsibility to make sure a streamer has equipment. It’s not our responsibility for someone to help replace your streaming equipment. It’s not our responsibility to help make a sequel to a crappy game. It’s not our responsibility to make sure someone business stays open. These are personal problems.

The person who these problems belong to; they should deal with them. I deal with my problems and you probably deal with yours. If you read my post, I said for this scene to grow we have to step up, look within ourselves and police ourselves if we have to. This is not a shot at Super Arcade, but this is a question that seriously should be answered. What makes these people any different than you or I. Just because we see them on a stream or they play a game they deserve our help to fulfill their desires and needs. Then shouldn’t the same thing apply to us as well?

The funny to me is: the minute someone says anything that maybe remotely logical or even try to understand the mind set behind peoples request and comments, they are attacked through: snide comments, considered a hater and attacked passive aggressively. Honestly if you believe in your cause you wouldn’t even have to address anyone on a forum or defend anything you have said. The information is out there and it speaks for itself. Now I am curious why everyone is so quick to defend something, when there is clearly nothing to defend or is there?

nusense said on March 20, 2014 at 1:25 a.m.

Nothing to defend, just the use of triforce as analogy was pretty bad. Triforce and his team has ask the community on muti occasions for things....

RinSu_The_Void said on March 20, 2014 at 8:05 a.m.

We need more of this scene in NY. I love Next Level, why not build on it and open up more like it? I'll love to see more of this stuff in the US in general, too bad we're not the arcade dominating age we were back in the 80s and 90s.

GH0ST said on March 20, 2014 at 9:40 a.m.

Got to help the cause

WlZD0M said on March 20, 2014 at 12:38 p.m.

...I had to watch my arcade scene die...i've made so many life long friends due to it. And i know how devastating it can be to lose that hangout and culture of people in your local area...you got my vote...and my support.