Get Soul Calibur 5 for the incredibly low price of $3.74; sale ends today, exclusive to Xbox Live Gold subscribers

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • March 17, 2014 at 4 p.m. PDT

Microsoft is currently running their weekly sale on the Xbox Live Marketplace, and Namco Bandai's Soul Calibur 5 can be purchased for an incredibly discounted price.

Right now, Xbox Live Gold subscribers can purchase the digital download of SCV for only $3.74 USD, down from its original price of $14.99. Unfortunately, we didn't catch wind of this sale until today, so you only have one day to buy. The sale began on March 11, and it ends March 17.

Needless to say, getting an entire 3D fighting game for under $4 is an exceptional deal. If you're looking to pick it up, act fast and head over to Xbox.com! Or you can find it on your Xbox 360 dashboard as well.

Source: Major Nelson. Tip sent in by darkblade13, and DarkPhoenixRises.

Comments

DunnDeal said on March 17, 2014 at 4:07 p.m.

Can't pass this up. Haven't really been a fan of the SC series but as a fighting game player I must do this. I might like it if I actually play it.

tidestick said on March 17, 2014 at 4:13 p.m.

i could get it but i know i wont even have time to play it.

Burnt said on March 17, 2014 at 4:14 p.m.

I got tired of Tekken Tag 2 pretty fast so ive been having a hard time considering this, even for 4 dollars. 3Ds not for me..

BlackOnyxThunder said on March 17, 2014 at 4:20 p.m.

OMG, THAT THUMBNAIL!

BlackStallion said on March 17, 2014 at 4:25 p.m.

Game is that cheap for a reason....I want SC 6 to be alot like SC 2

tricrack said on March 17, 2014 at 4:36 p.m.

Ittouryoudan said on March 17, 2014 at 4:42 p.m.

Does SCV still have an online community for XBL?

BlankaBeast said on March 17, 2014 at 4:52 p.m.

What a deal!

Jaaj301 said on March 17, 2014 at 4:56 p.m.

...tits.

DunnDeal said on March 17, 2014 at 4:59 p.m.

It will now if it didn't before

HooliganComboFTW said on March 17, 2014 at 5:28 p.m.

Of course Ivy's tits is present when a SC themed article happens lol

I would actually buy this, but I already own the disc and not worth the wasted 6GB+ memory required.

Ittouryoudan said on March 17, 2014 at 5:31 p.m.

Cool, because I remember watching it die slowly lol. Time to pick it up again and remake all my old characters. Lost my data after switching xbox's. A good deal that's worth taking.

Ninjagoon said on March 17, 2014 at 6:08 p.m.

I agree. I don't know why but SC5 is just so boring to me now. There was alot that SC5 did get right though. If i could design the next one I would have a mix of SC5 and SC2 gameplay, SC5's and SC3's character creation depth, SC5's online, and SC3's single player modes.

Stanczyk51deuce said on March 17, 2014 at 6:34 p.m.

I wanna play SC5 online. message me if you're interested in going a few rounds

Kalyx_triaD said on March 17, 2014 at 6:54 p.m.

- Yes there are still people online.
- Yes the roster is kinda weak.
- Yes it is not the strongest game of the series, but it's still SC overall, and that's a very good game.
- Character creation is more than worth it (can NOT mod movesets though).
- No, DLC has not been reduced in price.
- They have not adjusted the player point values to go with this sale. It takes a very long time to reach level 100 to unlock everything for character creation. :(
- $4 is an absolute steal in terms of value. Give it a go. I still play a lot.

danistheman said on March 17, 2014 at 7:36 p.m.

Tig ol bitties.

BTW thanks for the notice on the sale.

HelenaBeat said on March 17, 2014 at 7:42 p.m.

You guys only got word of this now? I usually post tips to SRK. Imma look out for you too.

Portal23 said on March 17, 2014 at 8 p.m.

Wow Eventhubs is really slow on these type of news. This sale has been going on since March 11 and post about this sale on the very last day? And I thought Eventhubs don't care about Soul Calibur 5 anymore.

amrraed said on March 17, 2014 at 8:22 p.m.

Shouldn't we be able to see her nipples in that figure ?lol
its a really fun game though , definitely worth it .

Focusflute said on March 17, 2014 at 9:27 p.m.

This game is awesome and deserves more love than it gets

DarkPhoenixRises said on March 17, 2014 at 9:37 p.m.

I sent the tip sunday morning, although i didnt notice the sale until the 15th, the decapre freezy probably kept eventhubs busy yesterday but im glad the sale was posted... i just wanted to make sure i have others to play it with me lol

Neclord said on March 17, 2014 at 10:55 p.m.

Ivy = ultimate waifu.

And SC5 is godlike. Love the netcode. <3

mortal said on March 18, 2014 at 3:44 a.m.

5€ in France (7 or 8$ ?), almost twice as expensive as in US - and i suppose most of Europe. I understand that it's quite expensive to transfer digital data in another country..

Dimensional said on March 18, 2014 at 4:57 a.m.

SC5 is one of the better SC games for the combat in my opinion the online is also amazing. The character creation is hands doen the best the series has had if it can improve again next time it will be amazing.

Single player is trash, the new characters (except for ZWEI and Viola) are horrendous in fact the roster overall is rather weak for the series here unfortunately.

For the price its well worth it I bought it full price and wasnt disappointed except for in the things I already mentioned. After SC1 I would say its my favourite SC its just a shame it was obviously not finished and had some really bad character decisions in it.

RagerDaPrince_EH said on March 18, 2014 at 6:26 a.m.

Skipped it when dropped and even now still could care less.
Mostly because of odd roster choices. I grew up on SC and
was fill with profound sadness to not some of my favorites return.

FlynnChop said on March 18, 2014 at 10:04 a.m.

Thumb is from SCIV btw. Hard to forget that epic underboob. SCV dialed it back a little.

Teags said on March 18, 2014 at 11:02 a.m.

To quote many messages in Dark Souls 1 and 2: AMAZING CHEST AHEAD

arcadifvid said on March 18, 2014 at 4:46 p.m.

I got this during the sale since I sold my physical copy for around the same price last year

anthonygamer said on March 18, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.

Bought this yesterday. Good deal

Imonk036 said on March 19, 2014 at 1:40 p.m.

All ready got it.