A dictator and a soldier in perfect harmony - Latest highlight reel from Olympic Gaming focuses on TampaBison's SFxT play with M. Bison and Rolento

Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • March 6, 2014 at 7:31 a.m. PST

EMP|Tampa Bison is certainly no slouch in Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition v2012, but some people might have forgotten that he's a true force to be reckoned with in Street Fighter X Tekken v2013.

Thankfully, Olympic Gaming have treated us to a great player spotlight featuring Tampa Bison doing what he does best.

Hit the jump to check out the video.

What are your thoughts on seeing this dynamic duo in action? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks to AKumahMatata for sending this in.

Comments

Sasuga said on March 6, 2014 at 7:48 a.m.

Cross Dresser Fight Chicken.

bagel_bytez said on March 6, 2014 at 7:51 a.m.

Damn I really wih this game just worked out in the first place.

Capcom_Warrior said on March 6, 2014 at 8:02 a.m.

Pretty sick. I've played Tampa quite a few times and this team in his hands is hard to deal with. Much respect. Even his secondary teams are good. Solid player all around.

Capcom_Warrior said on March 6, 2014 at 8:05 a.m.

It didn't get played as much as it should've but people who stuck with are truely enjoying this game. Myself included. I haven't played AE since this dropped. Unfortunatly I will drop this game when Ultra is released. I don't have time to play both.

Orichalkos said on March 6, 2014 at 8:20 a.m.

At first i honestly didn't give the game a chance With all the negativity surrounding it (DLC fiasco, people hating it on arrival, etc) but after giving it an honest chance I'm finding myself enjoying it more than SF and Marvel. I just hope more people actually give the game a real chance cause it's so much fun

sarif2soon said on March 6, 2014 at 8:21 a.m.

Mario and Luigi without mustaches.

pants4ever said on March 6, 2014 at 8:26 a.m.

chaoslimits said on March 6, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.

If you give the game a chance that's the only conclusion you can come to. I find myself signing up for AE at majors only to end up playing SFxT casuals and missing AE pools.
You cannot win in this game without a good ground and anti air game. That's why every top level player I've talked to loves this game.

Tampa Bison is amazing for getting that far with two somewhat mid tier characters takes a lot of smarts and fundamentals.

chipndip said on March 6, 2014 at 8:34 a.m.

Gave up on that ages ago. I just play Pokemon now.

bunny said on March 6, 2014 at 8:49 a.m.

i wish you had to ko both members on a team to win the round

bagel_bytez said on March 6, 2014 at 9:07 a.m.

I was right into it at release and quickly rose to B rank pre-patch using sim/law... Dhalsim was top tier at that time apparently for yoga snipe tag, which is somethig I never utilized at the time so dhalsim felt pretty balanced. Here's where everything went wrong. Out of no where all I see is cammys and ravens lp walking everyone across screen with little to no answer, and kazuya doing that stupid stance kick jump over spammed all day. That sort of stupidity definitely pushed me back towards sf. Post patch law became super top tier and then I really never had the desire to play it post patch after that. I never ever hated on the game but now it's impossible to put into system over a plethora of other games

Kenshiro said on March 6, 2014 at 9:28 a.m.

Team Stalin.

It's not that if you didn't start playing the game right away you or other people aren't giving it a fair shot...the sub systems just aren't what most gamers are looking for. Often times that doesn't change with the passage of time.

A good game at it's base with subpar mechanics doesn't look like it will gain much more traction in it's infancy.

Taizuku said on March 6, 2014 at 9:32 a.m.

This game really does have plenty of life and depth to it. It's hella unexplored.

Baby_Astaroth said on March 6, 2014 at 10:05 a.m.

I've been wanting to learn Bison/Akuma in SFxT, but I have too much fun using Vega/Asuka.

DunnDeal said on March 6, 2014 at 10:07 a.m.

Team Stalin

Capcom_Warrior said on March 6, 2014 at 10:17 a.m.

Well...that was your choice. The things that you mentioned that you struggled against were the same things everyone struggled against. If you enjoyed the game enough stick it out and actually learn the game you would've realized that those strategies are laughable now. You can't get away with it anymore. But...if the games not fun to you you'll never learn anything passed the basic mechanics of the game. To each his own though. I'm playing tonight for sure!

Capcom_Warrior said on March 6, 2014 at 10:20 a.m.

Asuka players are scumbags! :-P

suicidali said on March 6, 2014 at 10:50 a.m.

I was just thinking the other day that EH was lacking in SFxT coverage lately...

Nice to see some action from the SF side of the cast that isn't Chun.

suicidali said on March 6, 2014 at 10:53 a.m.

I resent that!

But, if they do crossup j.HP into Heron Dance/overhead all day, then I totally get where you're coming from.

SidewayShift said on March 6, 2014 at 11:01 a.m.

I feel this game is missing backdash-cancels. Matches would feel alot more fast paced and fun if they added this.

But anyways this game is like a breath of fresh air. The whole tekken roster are basically a bunch of new characters made in a tweaked sfiv system.

Not to mention i love landing flashy ground combos. Characters like ken or dudley are fun to have as a partner because once u land his HK tatsu or HP MCB, u can tag out and get a free jump in with whatever combo u like!

I just wished this game succeeded because i would love to see more tekken characters added to the game. The Tekken roster movelists are alot more creative than the basic commands the sf cast has.

chaoslimits said on March 6, 2014 at 11:11 a.m.

Agree 100%

BigFleccs said on March 6, 2014 at 4:17 p.m.

When you first gave this game a chance? In 2014? If so you are hella late. I gave it a chance on day one and stopped playing it the day of the dlc, which is when I got the platinum trophy. It was stale after 19 days for me. I tried the patch fix version a little late and it was better but not good enough IMO.

unseenpotential01 said on March 6, 2014 at 5:50 p.m.

This game has flippin' hitbox problems, but it is fun to play every once in a while. I'll stick to sf4 most of the time tho. at least until theres another balance patch to fix crossups and all the other crazy fails in this game. but if i get hit by one more dive kick from Hwoawrang..................................................

seriously, someone must have been on something serious to even think about giving him one... with plus frames to boot... Ugh! NOT EVERY CHARACTER NEEDS ONE CAPCOM >.>

thanks

AKumahMatata said on March 6, 2014 at 6:59 p.m.

Lets Revive SFxT! let's support it in every way possible. share my vids,(not only mines but SFxT content in general)comment on it etc. lets show this game got what it takes. Dont go by negative word of mouth. learn the game, challenge yourself and most importantly....HAVE FUN!

-AKHM

WE_ARE_THE_WEAKEST_TEAM_AROUND said on March 11, 2014 at 12:52 a.m.

I know this comment is a bit late but it's for some people who might actually be waiting for it. I didn’t bother to watch the video and judging by the number of comments, neither did other people :)

So, Tampa Bison is certainly no slouch in Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition v2012 and a “true force to be reckoned with” in Street Fighter X Tekken v2013.

This statement is very accurate (pun intended) especially when Tampa Bison has NEVER WON any tournament for Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition v2012 or Street Fighter X Tekken v2013.

That’s right, some people might have actually forgotten that Tampa Bison has NEVER WON any tournament for Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition v2012 or Street Fighter X Tekken v2013.

So until these “online wannabe warriors” win any tournament, that’s what they’ll do best for the rest of their lives, being just another “online wannabe warrior” who has never actually achieved anything in life :)

In terms of promoting SFxT, you would think that people would have actually preferred a highlight reel of more reputable and accomplished players such as Infiltration and Justin Wong who have actually won SFxT v2013 tournaments, as well as SSF4: AE v2012 tournaments.