Watch the tiers stocks rise and fall: New index page for SSF4 AE v2012 tiers launched

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 4, 2014 at 7:33 p.m. PST

We're very happy to officially unveil our new tiers index page for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012.

On this section, you can track the daily changes for each member of the roster, see the top 10 best/worst match-ups, and quite a bit more.

Similar to a stocks tracking page, you'll find a the biggest gains and losses in overall scores for the day, week and month — all constantly updated.

As you can see on the page, after BCN|Alioune's performance in ESGN Fight Night with Juri, that character saw the biggest gains in the last 24 hours, rising +0.12.

Keep in mind with this new index page, you can chart the tier progress of all 39 characters in SSF4 AE v2012 on a daily basis.

If you have any feedback on this change, please leave it below in the comments.

Comments

Existent said on March 4, 2014 at 7:36 p.m.

Daily changes?

T Hawk?

BAHAHAHAHAAAA

griever2000 said on March 4, 2014 at 7:37 p.m.

oh god this list is so off. But gratz on eventhubs on coming with this huge stuff

Mr2Good said on March 4, 2014 at 7:46 p.m.

Yo Eventhubs staff why you so godlike?

yaranaika said on March 4, 2014 at 7:46 p.m.

Still hard to believe that Fuerte still places higher than Hawk, even in irrelevant lists like these.

s0lid_snake said on March 4, 2014 at 7:54 p.m.

How is it hard to believe fuerte places higher than gief?

gigantor21 said on March 4, 2014 at 8:04 p.m.

Boy, I sure am glad I bought in on Cammy stocks early. I knew she was a diamond in the rough.

ScarletTerror said on March 4, 2014 at 8:12 p.m.

Call my Bookie!

Anon said on March 4, 2014 at 8:50 p.m.

I think everyone can agree on the top 5 though, no?

TwoBears77 said on March 4, 2014 at 8:56 p.m.

Those are some pretty surprising placements in a lot of places. Going to be an interesting discussion to follow.

Keetro said on March 4, 2014 at 8:59 p.m.

I think Dudz and Gouken too low and Ibuki??? really???

GiBGUN said on March 4, 2014 at 9:01 p.m.

This tier list project is such a smart and interesting idea. Good work guys! Would be awesome if you could beef up the iPhone app some time to show a mobile version of stuff like this tier stock.

r0my5 said on March 4, 2014 at 9:25 p.m.

I guess there's an argument to be made for all of those placings on the tier list except for Makoto. That's just wrong.

waarth said on March 4, 2014 at 9:38 p.m.

Maybe I just haven't faced enough good Adons but I wouldn't put him in top five.

BigFleccs said on March 4, 2014 at 10:04 p.m.

I haven't looked at or paid attention to a teir chart since vanilla. real talk

BigFleccs said on March 4, 2014 at 10:05 p.m.

I wouldn't mind seeing a teir chart for skull girls though.

Catalyst said on March 4, 2014 at 10:09 p.m.

That's coming, along with ones for all of the other major tournament games.

G0dmqsteR said on March 4, 2014 at 10:36 p.m.

Kool beanz

bagel_bytez said on March 4, 2014 at 11:23 p.m.

Interesting

bagel_bytez said on March 4, 2014 at 11:25 p.m.

It would be nice to see over maybe a weekly period if characters move up or down on the tier list overall. The changes are interesting but in no way would I be able to memorize the order of te tier list ver bait'um so even if the characters are moving a place up or down unless it's my specific character I wouldn't even notice the difference. But that's just me

Smorgasboard said on March 4, 2014 at 11:27 p.m.

This is probably the least accurate tier list ever. At least people can have fun with it.

nosloandy said on March 4, 2014 at 11:36 p.m.

The idea that people could think ANY tier list is "accurate" is hilarious. This is an organic list that shifts as people contribute their opinions..."OPINIONS". However, it does give interesting insight as to how some other people think their character(s) perform(s).

blaziner said on March 4, 2014 at 11:38 p.m.

how are people complaining its so inaccurate?

its off on a few but its pretty decent

Dudley? lol hes way better then the list says

blaziner said on March 4, 2014 at 11:39 p.m.

some characters are better then others

there for its theoretically possible to make an accurate tier list

plenty of them are pretty spot on

Tostakiwi said on March 5, 2014 at 12:01 a.m.

Makoto is definitely 29 #Kappa

Catalyst said on March 5, 2014 at 12:10 a.m.

Funny thing with all of the people saying Makoto needs to be higher, she's seeing the highest rise in votes in the last 24 hours, a very significant +0.64 increase.

I believe she just moved up a few spots, and will move up more if this keeps up.

fang said on March 5, 2014 at 12:24 a.m.

Most of this list is spot on according to me. Except i think switch yun and sagat.

Sasuga said on March 5, 2014 at 12:38 a.m.

Wow! Cammy went from being Juri's worst match-up to her least bad matchup, all because of Alioune. Cool because I never thought she was that bad of a matchup for Juri.

nosloandy said on March 5, 2014 at 12:47 a.m.

Neither did I. I always felt like playing against Cammy with Juri felt easier than some of her other match ups that were scored better sometimes.

nosloandy said on March 5, 2014 at 12:52 a.m.

On what basis could someone make this magical tier list you are speaking of? How would I know that Zangief has a ton of bad match ups if I watch SnakeEyez play all the time? You can't make a tier list that is "accurate" unless you sat there and pit a computer against itself thousands of times in every combination. The people make the tier list, therefore there doesn't exist an accurate tier list.

Sasuga said on March 5, 2014 at 1:07 a.m.

Lol, I got upvoted and I actually read it wrong. She is still listed as Juri's worst matchup.

Check your facts guys. :P

Sasuga said on March 5, 2014 at 1:09 a.m.

I know right. Guy feels a lot worse to me. Don't know, tho. Seems like the list is upsidedown or whatever lol.

z3poxx said on March 5, 2014 at 1:37 a.m.

Why is it that so many people think that dudley is anything but lowtier? And it seams to be a not to uncommon ide.

Sure he has high damage and a good high/low game... and that's about it.
He has poor footsie tools, meter heavy escape options, he has a hard time against backdashes and he needs to be very close to get any kind of damage of a punish.

I dont think he gets destroyed by most of the cast but nearly evry matchup is often slightly in the opponents favor.
How many matchups are in his favor? I can only really think of Sagat that is clearly in his favor.

pants4ever said on March 5, 2014 at 2:55 a.m.

maxi2099 said on March 5, 2014 at 4:51 a.m.

Will eventhubs not erase the troll votes? Like T. Hawk 10 x 0 Blanka?
The guy probably only voted this to make things "more acurrate", but still...

darkcloudzzz said on March 5, 2014 at 6:08 a.m.

i wish combofiend would take a look at this and realise who are the characters who really need A TON of help in ultra instead of trying to improve all the mid tier characters and making them the most 'improved' characters in the game

darkcloudzzz said on March 5, 2014 at 6:17 a.m.

hmm..personally i dont think he is low tier but a mid tier character to be honest and its not cause of smug.

His footsies is honestly not tt bad, a whiff punish by his hp is almost 150-200 (not exactly sure but its pretty significant). His jab is good as a poke as his sweep goes really far. Backdashes arnt tt significant if you are OSing it all the time or if u guess right and jump or dash foward, there goes half the opponents life from a big combo. and yar he has to be very close but you get hit but one combo or more and essentially you find yourself into the corner like fei long's rekka.

As for matchups in his favor, i think tt answers your qn even better. look at those at the bottom characters and see the amount of matchups heavily skewed against them and the amount of matchups NOt in their favor (really quite ridiculous sometimes)

FishyFighter said on March 5, 2014 at 6:40 a.m.

Makoto 28th lol, she's borderline broken, I hate her more than Cammy personally.

pants4ever said on March 5, 2014 at 6:48 a.m.

Taizuku said on March 5, 2014 at 6:55 a.m.

Makoto lower than Juri? Wat

Gotomaster said on March 5, 2014 at 7:10 a.m.

Makoto has no neutral game. She has a devastating damage output, but then by that logic Ironfist from Mvc3 would be op. Juri is slept on, whereas Makoto is, frankly overhyped, when the only player who sees consistent success with her is Haitani. Haitani is the scary one, not Makoto.

Catalyst said on March 5, 2014 at 7:13 a.m.

No need to erase those votes because they don't count for anything. Troll votes are negated.

SidewayShift said on March 5, 2014 at 7:17 a.m.

Deejay shouldnt be above those characters at all!! WTF?!

Characters like Dudley will stomp Deejay out like a MF or even DAN.

technical_BOOM said on March 5, 2014 at 7:45 a.m.

can i blacklist this kind of stuff? i really dont care about tiers and i dont wanna see it

Tryken said on March 5, 2014 at 7:49 a.m.

I actually think a community generated tier list is more accurate than a single professional player's tier list. Sure, this list can fall to popular perceptions, but for the most part it's going to be the most accurate. Not only that, but it's a living tier list! How cool is that? As new developments come out in the game, we get to watch characters rise and fall. I'd actually like to see this list applied for more games, like Super Turbo, MvC2, Third Strike, etc. I know those tier lists seem entirely settled, but wasn't it only a few years ago that Super Turbo got shaken up a bit by new tech (I think it was option selects)? Exciting stuff, and great job at Eventhubs.

SidewayShift said on March 5, 2014 at 8:03 a.m.

More than half the community always follow tier list by tournament success, tournament success comes from professional players.

You saying a community generated tier list being more accurate than a professional player's tier list argument isn't as valid as u think.

As long as tier lists ratings are based off tournament success, the list will never be accurate.

I mean how is a person who only mains Ibuki rate a character that has never tried to even master a character like Dudley?

ExNami said on March 5, 2014 at 9:36 a.m.

Hey eventhubs could you like fix your SF4 frame data. I'm typing it here because attempts on the frame data pages clearly failed because they are still wrong. Most obvious example is on the gouken frame data page. First comment is "goukens close medium kick is 3 frames start up" from 2011. On the page it is still displaying 5 which is incorrect. This is not an past edition error either. It has always been 3 frame startup. This is just one examples of many I've caught in the past. Plz double check and fix your frame data.

This use to be the place to go to check or double check frame data, but too many times has the data been flat out wrong or simply looked weird. I've never found any mistakes with the SRK frame data page.

Taizuku said on March 5, 2014 at 9:37 a.m.

I main both Juri and Makoto. Juri first. I still think Makoto is the better character.

Catalyst said on March 5, 2014 at 9:45 a.m.

We have extensive updates planned here, but I'll fix this one now. Thanks for the note.

Remondo02 said on March 5, 2014 at 10:12 a.m.

Lilith said on March 5, 2014 at 10:44 a.m.

Cammy, strongest character of the game. Kappa

sarif2soon said on March 5, 2014 at 11:23 a.m.

You do realize that this is not individual match-ups, but overall score, right?
If the list says Honda is higher than Dhalsim, that does not mean Honda can beat Dhalsim easily.
This is about how every character does against every charcater.

Books said on March 5, 2014 at 11:26 a.m.

The list is off from the middle down. Hopefully that gets worked out. Infiltration's performance aside, Chun is still bottom five, possibly bottom 3. No damage, no health, no wakeup, weak ultras, no vortex. Her normals keep her close until the other character gets a knockdown or meter, so she doesn't look as bad as the other bad characters, but she's pretty awful. Rose, Abel and several other characters have no business being ranked below her.

Getdownbrown83 said on March 5, 2014 at 2:21 p.m.

eventhubs staff. you guys are doing a great job this is easily my favorite website right next to youtube and nba.com. I had no problem removing my ad blocker to support your guys hard work. if there was 1 thing I would really like to see it would be for all the fighting games data be updated or more in depth. with more strategies, matchup analaysis, up to date frame data, ect basically an overhaul.

Ar3s said on March 5, 2014 at 5:40 p.m.

Damn it....all of my Dan stock is going to waste.

Gladspencer said on March 6, 2014 at 1:41 a.m.