Capcom Japan issues the 1st prize codes for Ultra Street Fighter 4; enter them to unlock 2 of 17 prize titles now

Posted by Cheng Kai 'KarbyP' Sim • June 18, 2014 at 9:02 a.m. PDT

Earlier today Capcom broadcasted on Nico Video the pilot episode of a new "Capcom TV" official live stream programme, on which they have released the first two prize codes for Ultra Street Fighter 4.

While it's a little surprising the game's first prize codes would be issued from a region in which Ultra Street Fighter 4 is not officially released yet, the codes do work perfectly, unlocking the "Chocolate-Chip Cookie" and "Angry Dog" prize titles when I entered them into my digital copy.

To redeem these codes, go to "Player Data" from the main menu, and select "Prize Code". This will bring up an on-screen keyboard, with which you can enter the codes. Entering in the codes also reveal that the two prize titles comprise 11.73% of the entire title category. In other words, there are exactly 17 prize titles locked within the current version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 -- although it may be possible for Capcom to add to the list through future updates.

The prize codes were released today, which you can register into your copy of Ultra Street Fighter 4 right now.

USF4 console prize codes

Click image for larger version

The top code is for "Chocolate-Chip Cookie", while the bottom one is for "Angry Dog".

Trivia: Why "Chocolate-Chip Cookie" and "Angry Dog"? The titles are apparently a reference to the assistant and main hosts of the Capcom TV programme, model and actress Ikeda Chocolat, and comedian Yoshiyuki Hirai from the duo America Zarigani. On the stream, Capcom's Tomoaki Ayano and Koichi Sugiyama joined the hosts as Team Chocolate-Chip Cookie and Team Angry Dog to show off the game's new Team Battle mode.

Given that this stream comes about two weeks after the release of Ultra Street Fighter 4 (in everywhere outside of Japan), one has to wonder how far ahead Capcom has planned for promotional activities involving prize codes.

USF4 arcade prize codes for entering upcoming tournament

On the Capcom TV episode, the Ultra Street Fighter 4 producers also talked a little about an upcoming tournament in Japan for the arcade version, and unveiled two new titles that players can receive just for participating:

Click image for larger version

The Japanese text in the player titles roughly translate to "I'm going to meet an ultra-strong opponent" (singles tournament) and "I'm going to meet an ultra-ultra-ultra-strong opponent" (for the 3v3 team tournament).

Source: Capcom TV.

Comments

LeonX said on June 18, 2014 at 9:10 a.m.

LoL Nice!!! I thought that only on tournaments they would give the prizes :D

GiBGUN said on June 18, 2014 at 9:11 a.m.

Definitely not the most inspiring or visually appealing titles I've ever seen.

I remember seeing some pretty interesting looking titles in the Arcade release of Super, Hugo was even on one of them long before his time in SF4 series!

KarbyP said on June 18, 2014 at 9:13 a.m.

That's what I thought too!

This is pretty interesting; hope the "Umehara Believer" title is amongst those 17!

Baby_Astaroth said on June 18, 2014 at 9:15 a.m.

Fix the broken picture links.

TheBigInk said on June 18, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.

So do the codes work for the US?,and hpw do they work?

Gamogo said on June 18, 2014 at 9:18 a.m.

Meanwhile, a rematch option in two player lobbies wasn't implemented.

Good to see where their priorities lie.

Abbadon36 said on June 18, 2014 at 9:22 a.m.

LOL, Chocolate Chip title here I come!

HiryuMK said on June 18, 2014 at 9:22 a.m.

Not the most impressive titles for the moment but thanks for the news. I want all of them anyway for 100% sake.

Terraryzing said on June 18, 2014 at 9:23 a.m.

what a waste.

Nyphi7 said on June 18, 2014 at 9:28 a.m.

funny :)

Paradonyx said on June 18, 2014 at 9:29 a.m.

Nothing beats Poison's "Complex Identity" title.

Evorgleb said on June 18, 2014 at 9:31 a.m.

I want to care but...

fawaz said on June 18, 2014 at 9:33 a.m.

What's the use of these?! Wouldn't it be a lot better if they had actually incorporated something useful?

deus said on June 18, 2014 at 9:40 a.m.

i know it's off-topic, but i wonder if Capcom has a legitimate reason for not implementing the 2v2 rematch option.

on topic - i had the inane idea that the prizes would be of something more unique like more colours for the characters costumes. kinda cool that the prizes are to do with the titles. makes sense i guess.

LeonX said on June 18, 2014 at 9:48 a.m.

Yeah, everytime I watch the a-cho videos, I've been wanting to get the titles that shows up there XD

I know that some of them are tournament gifs :P

Aqua said on June 18, 2014 at 10:10 a.m.

meanwhile in master race realm.. community engagement and developer support are infinitely more substantial:

Dracos_Wrath said on June 18, 2014 at 10:10 a.m.

If they were something like a special costume or the auras from Tekken, people who couldn't get them would rage a lot. I think having titles as the prize is a good idea.

The8devils said on June 18, 2014 at 10:26 a.m.

I'll just stick with Love Missionary for now.

Yung said on June 18, 2014 at 12:15 p.m.

This is a little ... disappointing, but whatever, I like the idea.

mrambitious said on June 18, 2014 at 12:26 p.m.

That is a good one, I always try to change from the Cowboy Chicken picture and The Legendary Tomahawk title, but I usually just end up right back with Cowboy Chicken.

PteraBite said on June 18, 2014 at 12:35 p.m.

Useless or not, free is free.

DunnDeal said on June 18, 2014 at 1:12 p.m.

Why can't we get any of those arcade titles. They're 100x times better and I'm sure Capcom knows that too

mrambitious said on June 18, 2014 at 1:27 p.m.

MOBA vs Fighter. Did you really expect the Fighter to have better, if any, customization?

If you wanted to be able to dress up your poison in a thong and other DOA or Warcraft like character customization, you should just quit playing fighters.

TaokakaBOOM said on June 18, 2014 at 2:21 p.m.

@23. What's wrong with wanting to customize your fighter? Tekken did a pretty decent job of letting us do it, so why so hostile?

Felix said on June 18, 2014 at 2:38 p.m.

Thank you Event Hubs.

I hope they do some costume codes, right now I am stuck with the default Decapre and would love some of the costumes I've seen USA players have. (Not the Gladiator one)

ArcadeRobot said on June 18, 2014 at 3:11 p.m.

Angry Dog Title SET Decapre Icon SET - fyi: she is the character with the highest points rn and those two items match each other perfectly ^_^ lol! #GottaCoordinate

ArcadeRobot said on June 18, 2014 at 3:14 p.m.

p.s. my previous Title was Need More Coins and the Icon was The Arcade Stick <3

LeonHartEX said on June 18, 2014 at 3:25 p.m.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a "PogChamp" and "Kappa" title lol

sebmaq said on June 18, 2014 at 3:50 p.m.

Kappa, YES! I want "Spooby PLS" for all us stream monsters.

tokyobassist said on June 18, 2014 at 7:20 p.m.

I want Mike Ross as a title and icon.

Spabobin said on June 18, 2014 at 8:22 p.m.

mea_cbxomni said on August 7, 2014 at 12:42 a.m.

the 11.73% is just the overall titles that console/player profile has unlocked, I just unlocked a few prize titles and my unlock % on my console didn't change.. it was at 66.12% and is still at 66.12% titles unlocked.