Sol Badguy and Ky battle it out at 60fps - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- footage from E3 2014

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • June 17, 2014 at 3:17 p.m. PDT

Maximilian brings us some footage of Arc System Works' upcoming fighter, Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-.

This footage comes from the E3 2014, PlayStation 4 build of the game and we get to see it running at 60fps. Max gives some quick instructions at the beginning of the video on how to get the 60fps footage rolling.

Even though these matches were recorded off-screen, you'll still be able to catch all of the action as this footage is very clear. Sol Badguy and Ky are featured throughout these bouts.

Comments

Yung said on June 17, 2014 at 3:20 p.m.

"""""""""""60fps""""""""""

Jaaj301 said on June 17, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.

Yeah, the number of frames of animation is so small it's barely noticeable. Game looks good though

NEWkidCJ said on June 17, 2014 at 3:29 p.m.

That's cool! Shoutouts to Google Crome!

chaoslimits said on June 17, 2014 at 3:30 p.m.

Youtube reduces it to 30fps afaik but still looks amazing.

ShinzoBishamon said on June 17, 2014 at 3:35 p.m.

@4 did you watch the video with sound?

deteknician said on June 17, 2014 at 3:39 p.m.

SF4 also runs at 60fps, what's the big deal?

SqueakyBloom said on June 17, 2014 at 3:41 p.m.

Love the video, but the best thing imo, was that the main song from the reveal trailer was in this video in whole. I figgen love that song.

Gailim said on June 17, 2014 at 3:46 p.m.

the big deal is that max is using a workaround to get youtube to display the game at 60 frames a second.

youtube normally displays at 30 fps, making games not look as good as they should

warriors said on June 17, 2014 at 3:47 p.m.

i only use firefox

sarif2soon said on June 17, 2014 at 3:57 p.m.

You should start using Chrome, as well.
I'm not saying don't use FF, but it has its problems.

Shuts down without any warning or freezing, loads pages slowly at times, and doesn't have that YT 60 FPS perk.

CBX said on June 17, 2014 at 4:01 p.m.

Max is acting like this footage is exclusive to him, there has been arcade footage on youtube for months now...

Alpharyu said on June 17, 2014 at 4:03 p.m.

Yes but not of this quality.

Gailim said on June 17, 2014 at 4:03 p.m.

how is he acting like that?

he put this up so people could see what the game looks like at 60 fps

other YT vids don't do that

COREY_1993 said on June 17, 2014 at 4:04 p.m.

is there any proper gameplay? just a video that shows off the potential of the game cause so far everything has been from people figuring the game out :(

BumbleBrady said on June 17, 2014 at 4:05 p.m.

I don't very much care for Sol Badguy's look in this.

Check895 said on June 17, 2014 at 4:15 p.m.

Doods, dat OST. I love Guilty Gear, I love Daisuke Ishiwatari, I can't wait for the game to come out on console !
We won't say goodbye to SF4 but I hope this game will live long, AND that more people will try out GGXXAC+R (even if it's an execution heavy game, it's still a great game to play even if you don't master every single mechanic the game has).

Check895 said on June 17, 2014 at 4:17 p.m.

Check out Goldenrody 's YT channel ( https://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenrody ), (s)he has lots of tournaments in his(her) channel!

XDIEX said on June 17, 2014 at 4:24 p.m.

YES BABY! I need this game asap!

godfist314 said on June 17, 2014 at 4:28 p.m.

If I ever want to watch a guilty gear match/video at 60fps I will most definitely NOT use a browser. It's Flash itself that makes streaming video choppy. I've tried Chrome, Opera, Firefox, they all drop frames to one degree or anoher. Recorded or live, it's all garbage in a browser. Now take that video and run it through say...Potplayer and all of a sudden it's perfect.

This is what I HAVE TRIED. If you can watch above video at 1080p 60 fps in Chrome then congrats. It took me a year to find the solution to my choppy playback problems and it works for me. Your Mileage May Vary.

rocorolly said on June 17, 2014 at 4:42 p.m.

Man I hate that they went with like... um, a generic anime art style for the gameplay, I understand why they did it tho. It's an established style for cel-shaded games and looks close to the sprite based games, but hot damn it'd be freaken amazing to see Daisuke Ishiwatari's (there is no limits to this man's talent) fantastic art style represented in the game's graphics. I guess it's just too detailed and elaborate to handle for now. Oh well, maybe GGXoth will do the trick.

Gailim said on June 17, 2014 at 4:47 p.m.

The odds arent very good that this will take off the way you hope

it's a PS exclusive title. with the exception of Smash those tend to have limited appeal

Alpharyu said on June 17, 2014 at 5:03 p.m.

Maybe it's your machine?

Jayson619 said on June 17, 2014 at 5:14 p.m.

May this game stay away from Xbox 360 and Xbone!

Gonna play my GGXXAC+R now!!! LET'S ROCK!!!!!!

sarif2soon said on June 17, 2014 at 5:51 p.m.

I really don't get you: Someone bashed your head with an XBox stick, and because of that, you hate the console?

Instead of blaming the people, you blame the console?

"Bad experience with Xbox fanboys, who started violently. Ever had an Xbox stick smashed to your head for winning them in a fighting game? I had and it hurts."

ShinzoBishamon said on June 17, 2014 at 6:50 p.m.

i think in an interview at e3 they said its not cel shading

rocorolly said on June 17, 2014 at 7:13 p.m.

Uh, it most definitely is cel shaded.

It's like the Ni No Kuni (best looking cel shaded game IMO) of fighting games, except more "anime" with shines, modified frames and angles and stuff.

Burn said on June 17, 2014 at 7:14 p.m.

I've never played a GG game before. This one looks like it's a little bit more like SF in the sense that 3-5 hit combos are the norm instead of typical anime fighters where ~20-30 hit combos are the norm. Is that how GG has always been? Is my observation correct for this game?

jelaninoel said on June 17, 2014 at 8:26 p.m.

Why can't this game come out tmrw :(

jelaninoel said on June 17, 2014 at 8:27 p.m.

It's just as anime as BB.

oghaggard said on June 17, 2014 at 10:34 p.m.

"Here's some 60 FPS footage... On YouTube!"

facepalm

Burn said on June 17, 2014 at 11:23 p.m.

I meant in terms of combos, not art style. Unless, that's what you meant as well. Could you specify?

rocorolly said on June 18, 2014 at 1:09 a.m.

Yes it has fairly long (I guess) combos, relative to good short ones. I'd say the average for the series is around 13 hits. It is also reset heavy at times, it all depends on the character. The characters are very different, because a lot of them have different mechanics unique to them. The overall cast is very rush-down mix-up oriented tho.

The overall game is actually from what I can tell (cause I don't play/watch too much BB) very similar to BlazBlue, and just like that series the combos usually get shorter with their updates.

I am by no means an expert at these games tho. I use to play Guilty and watch it, but that was a while ago.

Kawalorn said on June 18, 2014 at 1:23 a.m.

"Hurr Durr I didn't read or watch anything but I'm gonna act like a smartass"

facepalm

JIHADJOE said on June 18, 2014 at 1:39 a.m.

The instructions call for the use of the HTML5 player. Yes Flash sucks.

shekeib said on June 18, 2014 at 2:28 a.m.

man i really wanna hate on you for being ignorant and not reading or watching the video but instead, i'll just be nice and let you know...

By using Google Chrome and the 2x speed on youtube, it is possible to achieve 60FPS on youtube.

It makes sense, if you have a 60fps video and half the speed of it, it is now 30fps but it takes 2 seconds to see what would actually happen in 1 real life second. So you double the speed.

HeatEXTEND said on June 18, 2014 at 4:39 a.m.

No it doesnt, clean your stuff up ya chrome shill.

giru017 said on June 18, 2014 at 5:06 a.m.

facepalm indeed... Read the description or watch the video. 2x speed for 60fps

MCZ_Ryu said on June 18, 2014 at 5:54 a.m.

...I should switch to Chrome.

MANDINGO said on June 18, 2014 at 6:03 a.m.

RinSu_The_Void said on June 18, 2014 at 6:59 a.m.

Word....I sent in combo videos tips from this game at its arcade release and it never showed up. I'm sure everyone sends in crap and its rare to find good news but c'mon!

Razberryclownsac said on June 18, 2014 at 8:11 a.m.

I just tried watching this on my iPad, bad idea. I think it's about 18 fps lol

CBX said on June 18, 2014 at 12:43 p.m.

Mikado arcade streams the game almost everyday on Twitch tv Joniosan, the quality of the stream is top notch and captured directly from the arcade machine. Max isnt doing anything special with this video