[PSN/XBL sale] Get Marvel vs. Capcom Origins for $3.75; discounts on Injustice, Killer Instinct Ultra Edition, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Posted by Cheng Kai 'KarbyP' Sim • July 23, 2014 at 10:39 a.m. PDT

The PlayStation Network and Xbox Live digital game stores are holding two completely disparate fire sales at the moment (the PSN one has a superhero theme, while the Xbox Live marketplace sale is a run-of-the-mill Deals with Gold sale), offering discounts of up to 75% on select titles.

Yet, coincidentally, when it comes to fighting games, the very same titles -- Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, Injustice, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe -- are getting similar steep discounts whichever platform it is you are on. The sole exception being Killer Instinct: Ultra Edition, of course, which is an Xbox One exclusive.

That's certainly good news if you're a fighting game fan who owns only one of the two leading consoles in the market. Regardless of which side you pledge your allegiance to, you can pick up any of these fighting games you've missed for less than the price of dinner at a nice place.

For instance: US$3.75 for Marvel vs. Capcom Origins on the PS3? That's 25% of the original price! Grab it before Disney asks for the game to be taken off the store!

PSN
Marvel vs. Capcom Origins (PS3) -- $7.49 $3.75
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS Vita) -- $13.99 $4.20
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS3) -- $27.99 $8.40
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4) -- $27.99 $8.40
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3) -- $13.99 $4.20

XBL
Injustice: Gods Among Us (X360) -- $19.99 $7.99
Injustice Season Pass (X360) -- $14.99 $5.99
Mortal Kombat vs. DCU (X360) -- $19.99 $9,99
Killer Instinct: Ultra Edition -- 25% off

Source: Sony Entertainment Store and Xbox Live's Major Nelson. Submitted by Razberryclownsac, hifibuckeye, and SuperGotenks.

Comments

comadrona said on July 23, 2014 at 10:48 a.m.

MvC origins and MK vs DC still too expensive.

SadisticSamurai said on July 23, 2014 at 10:49 a.m.

Must be SDCC related, Although KI doesnt have any superheroes in it.

MK vs DCU... Yikes.

Liam_Butler said on July 23, 2014 at 10:53 a.m.

You couldn't pay me to play MKvsDCU again... Oh my god, that game is terrible.

nebbiez said on July 23, 2014 at 10:55 a.m.

They could literally give MK vs DC away for free and no one would download it. One of the glitchiest, most unbalanced fighting games ever with netcode so bad you may as well throw the frame data out of the window.

Hold that Superman ground pound infinite!

RYU81 said on July 23, 2014 at 11 a.m.

I thought MvC:O already removed since MvC3 dlc and MvC2 take away from store.

LightSpdAeon said on July 23, 2014 at 11 a.m.

That, and Green Lantern hammer all day. Lol

CockyChris_97 said on July 23, 2014 at 11:02 a.m.

Buying injustice is easy money now, baby.

Galletano said on July 23, 2014 at 11:03 a.m.

I'm a huge DC fan...
The sale is great people should checkout the other games available in both consoles. Injustice is a good game I like that one.

nebbiez said on July 23, 2014 at 11:13 a.m.

Lol I played Raiden so I could teleport and punish that. But yes, it was incredibly annoying! Flash with that uppercut launcher into spin dash infinite as well. Darkseid ground pound spam... the game was a mess! Never a single patch released for it.

OmegaDarkStar said on July 23, 2014 at 11:22 a.m.

I apologize in advance for this insanely stupid question. Is the Injustice Ultimate Edition the one with all DLC costumes and chars? I probably could've done some google action first, but you guys are pretty speedy too. Thanks! :-)

Gigabyte42 said on July 23, 2014 at 11:23 a.m.

I was going to buy MvC Origins anyway and I saw the sale price this morning while I was trying to find MvC 2, and then I remembered

Baby_Astaroth said on July 23, 2014 at 11:27 a.m.

It was the only game that remained.

It's actually 50% off on XBL.

Baby_Astaroth said on July 23, 2014 at 11:29 a.m.

Yes, it has all if the nickel and dime DLC included.

Some characters have 10 costumes and others only have 2 or 3.

Baby_Astaroth said on July 23, 2014 at 11:31 a.m.

I love MSH and MvC1. Totally worth the $4 or $8 IMO.

I've spent hundreds playing them in the arcade.

OmegaDarkStar said on July 23, 2014 at 11:32 a.m.

LOL. thanks! probably going to pick this up then

edrigo said on July 23, 2014 at 11:34 a.m.

I might get injustice if there are still peeps online and if the netcode is decent

Baby_Astaroth said on July 23, 2014 at 11:43 a.m.

Netcode is the best on PS4 (and PC).

Sometimes you get a good connection online, but generally it's manageable. It's much better than MK9 online, but it's not bullet point worthy. It's a great game offline though.

People still play online, but they are usually the people who are obsessed with NRS games. Expect extremely good online players, average players and rage quitters. The MK/Injustice communities have accepted/expect people to rage quit.

chowdizzle said on July 23, 2014 at 11:55 a.m.

WOOOOOOOOW All you trash talking MK vs. DC obviously have no idea what a well made balanced fighting game looks like. You all need to step it up Eventscrubs, why more games aren't made like this I'll never know.

Disclaimer: This comment contains high levels of sarcasm.

chowdizzle said on July 23, 2014 at 11:58 a.m.

Also Karby you forgot to mention in the bullet points below that MvC:O is 50% off on XBL, a little more than on PS3 but a good sale regardless.

Sasuga said on July 23, 2014 at 12:01 p.m.

PC netcode is good? I haven't had a single match that didn't take twice the time is should have because of lag.

TheTHCGamer said on July 23, 2014 at 12:01 p.m.

I don't know that netcode is at best mediocre and it's horrible for such a projectile heavy game. NRS now has a reputation of having poor netcodes for there games I really hope that's not the case for MKX.

xShonuffx said on July 23, 2014 at 12:13 p.m.

Eventhubs, you should probably mention that the PSN discounts you have are PlayStation Plus members only.

HelenaBeat said on July 23, 2014 at 1:46 p.m.

You can get the same prices for game codes on Amazon without PlayStation Plus.

Dutchling said on July 23, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.

I can't believe you spent your allowance for the week already.

anthonygamer said on July 23, 2014 at 2:24 p.m.

Ahahahaha!

godfist314 said on July 23, 2014 at 2:31 p.m.

I can only imagine how much HD space Injustice on PS3 will take up. I want to get it but only 20 GB or so left on the microscopic 40 GB. :(

Burning_Typhoon said on July 23, 2014 at 2:55 p.m.

Um. I think you guys are mistaken. Not everyone has PS+. The pricing is incorrect.

Also, why wasn't the Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate sale mentioned? It was available for 3 weeks. All the game's characters could have been unlocked for 15 bucks.

BEER_GAYTES said on July 23, 2014 at 3:52 p.m.

I love me some MARVER VS CAPCOM ORIGINS. Kreygasm

Mufausa said on July 23, 2014 at 6:15 p.m.

Disney Cops are giving people a short break for now.

sagejonathan said on July 23, 2014 at 9:05 p.m.

Would get Injustice for PS4 but my ps3 fighstick wouldnt be compatible. What a shame :/

ryuhayabusa13 said on July 23, 2014 at 9:26 p.m.

Yup only Playstation plus owners. Is there a code from amazon or something like that to use at playstation store to get these games for that price? or you are saying occasionally and just in general

deus said on July 23, 2014 at 9:51 p.m.

does anyone know the difference between:

Injustice: Gods Among Us (X360)

and

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS3)

sdstig said on July 24, 2014 at 1:37 a.m.

The Ultimate Edition has all of the DLC characters and costumes while the normal version does not

But it looks like you can still get all of that stuff through the Xbox360 by buying the Season Pass as well, which I'm fairly sure gives you all of the DLC. Either that or you get most or not all of the DLC. Not exactly sure.

HelenaBeat said on July 24, 2014 at 6:21 a.m.

Yeah, exactly. You can buy the PSN codes from Amazon for the PS+ prices.