Tekken 7's PC release possibly leaked by Amazon

Posted by Ryan 'Tryken' Tullis • July 21, 2014 at 12:01 p.m. PDT

Today an image has been floating around of Amazon.co.uk showing Tekken 7 listed for PC release. While the image itself looks fairly legitimate and has been reported on by a number of news sources, it should be noted that when we were unable to locate the product on Europe's Amazon. Also, the image leaves out the exact web address, instead displaying only a lowercase "tekken 7" in the search bar.

Nonetheless, here's the original image making its rounds around Twitter to help you decide whether it's another major hint or simply a grab for attention.

Click the image for a larger version

Image source: Chris Thomason via Aris's Twitter.

Comments

SadisticSamurai said on July 21, 2014 at 12:03 p.m.

Has there ever been a Tekken released on PC officially that wasnt run thru an emulator? Just curious.

RedEther said on July 21, 2014 at 12:04 p.m.

I just might pick this up on PC/PS4.

Threedawg said on July 21, 2014 at 12:06 p.m.

Never. I hope this leak is true.

rudiano said on July 21, 2014 at 12:07 p.m.

will buy just for mods

Basketweiner said on July 21, 2014 at 12:13 p.m.

Leakiest game ever?

FGLover90 said on July 21, 2014 at 12:30 p.m.

damn Ono >:D

yes4me said on July 21, 2014 at 12:37 p.m.

I will buy it. I don't know how to play Tekken but I am very curious.
Once it comes to PC, you know the mod Tekken vs SF will be a reality.

AceKenneth said on July 21, 2014 at 12:41 p.m.

If this leak is true, I cannot wait for Tekken on PC, more fighting games are always welcome.

GiBGUN said on July 21, 2014 at 12:41 p.m.

With Unreal 4 being the engine, a PC release is more likely now than ever before. I hope this happens!

edrigo said on July 21, 2014 at 12:41 p.m.

or maybe this article is simply a grab for attention ;}

tidestick said on July 21, 2014 at 12:45 p.m.

Tekken 7 will have no secrets by tomorrow.

ReddChief said on July 21, 2014 at 12:53 p.m.

Lol Namco getting desperate with Tekken.

Sasuga said on July 21, 2014 at 12:57 p.m.

pc version on torrent tommorow?

Raiden365 said on July 21, 2014 at 12:59 p.m.

they just quadrupled their sales imo.

OnlineRon91 said on July 21, 2014 at 1 p.m.

Will buy if it arrives on PC.

Ojidan_Boy said on July 21, 2014 at 1:07 p.m.

I'd be more excited about this news if Steam would actually be a good platform for fighting games. The way steam works as of now is completely unsuited for fighting games. You can't even send messages to your opponents unless they're on your friends list.

I haven't used steam in a few weeks, but my ae 2012 experience was atrocious. Hopefully capcom, steam, ect... Can fix the issues.

Shinkutatsumaki said on July 21, 2014 at 1:08 p.m.

Day 1 buy

fgclolz said on July 21, 2014 at 1:20 p.m.

Well, there was Street Fighter X Tekken. :P

On a more serious note, yes this would be the first Tekken game to officially hit PC if ever. Can't wait for it to come out.

Rizu75 said on July 21, 2014 at 1:21 p.m.

I think you are confusing Steam with GFWL which used to run AE2012

bladefight0 said on July 21, 2014 at 1:25 p.m.

Though I agree with the friend list issues on Steam (I miss being able to send "gg" without friending random people), my experience isn't nearly as bad as what Eventhubs comments sounded like post SF4AE Steam patch. It's mostly minor things (mic, friend list) for me. (Granted, I have decent specs, connection, and I often play hard wired for online)

I'll gladly put up with stuff like that if I can get more fighting games on PC.

(Though presumably, if this is true, this is designed with PC in mind instead of shoving a patch in, hopefully?)

Note: Will also buy if it arrives on Steam. I was going to quit Tekken after TTT2. But I support PC.

CrimsonMoonMist said on July 21, 2014 at 1:33 p.m.

I was hoping this would be the case with the news of it running on Unreal engine. Let's hope this isn't fake!

Rambro said on July 21, 2014 at 1:35 p.m.

OMG i cant wait for the nu...... i mean costume mods Kappa

beraht231 said on July 21, 2014 at 1:53 p.m.

Tekken is the best

TrueGamingGuru said on July 21, 2014 at 1:55 p.m.

Will see if the results will be true, and if Tekken 7 is going to get a PC release. This may be one of the games I might get for PC, and its going to really depend on what both PC or consoles has to offer. Mods would be a alterative if there isn't enough retro outfits or if the core customization is similar to TTT2 (which I hope its more similar to Tekken 6 with the added features from TTT2 along with more character specific variety, but I'm not going to expect much just gotta wait until something gets announced or revealed).

Can't wait for Comic Con & for Bandai Namco Games Fighting Panel.

Gam3B0y said on July 21, 2014 at 2:06 p.m.

yeah messaging system really sucks :(
I had many friends on GFWL because I was sending messages and then we were creating lobbies etc.

ryuhayabusa13 said on July 21, 2014 at 2:12 p.m.

Ahh The posibilities of mods and customizing. :)

DeePhenom said on July 21, 2014 at 2:16 p.m.

How are they getting desperate?

baiken said on July 21, 2014 at 2:30 p.m.

NOT WRONG

Offen said on July 21, 2014 at 2:30 p.m.

Can't wait for all the posts in the steam discussion claming the game lags and such, but while it is in reality just their PC that doesn't meet the minimum system requirement specifications to run the game in 60fps, or they run with higher quality than they their PC can handle. :P

gtfopanda said on July 21, 2014 at 2:38 p.m.

I'll go out on a limb and say that a proper Tekken release on PC (decent port from a technical standpoint, netcode as good as consoles', no retarded 6 months delay between patches a la SFxT, no wonky DRMs) might be a massive win for Namco.

Tekken sports some of the best 3D graphics among fighters, on PC is gonna look bloody amazing - it's well known that PC gamers love them some eye candy. The franchise also features tons of customization options, the PC community loves that and might just go HAM with mods.

The FGC on PC also isn't as developed skill wise as consoles, and Tekken is one of the most entertaining fighting games for the more casual audience. More invested players don't give a damn about that and for good reasons, but from a marketing/sale standpoint that's where you make the most money and a port would definitely make sense.

Competition on PC is also really poor, T7 could become easily become the top PC fighting game : KOFXIII and Skullgirls are both spectacular but they aren't 'commercial' enough, while MK and Injustice don't have good enough netplay. USF4 is currently #1, but Capcom has pretty much borked the netcode with the Steamwork release and the game is now what, 5 years old? More casual players love don't care about competitive play, balance, tiers etc. Tekken as a franchise is well known and would be easily recognized by many.

Who knows whether or not this 'leak' is legit, but if I'm not mistaken something similar happened for MK and Injustice, both of them now on Steam. It also bodes well that Harada is a PC gamer himself and regularly uses Steam, and that the game uses UE4 - porting the game on PC should be piece of cake.

Crossing fingers!

BoscaBat said on July 21, 2014 at 2:48 p.m.

Hoping it's true, cause I love seeing modders doing their thing.

slayereyez said on July 21, 2014 at 3 p.m.

Game is like a old faucet! Can wait!

Mufausa said on July 21, 2014 at 3:30 p.m.

I believe that Tekken 2 was gunna get outsourced on PC, years ago. But of course it never came out. Otherwise, no there hasn't been a single Tekken game on PC.

Ex3cut3r said on July 21, 2014 at 3:35 p.m.

Nice!

bojack13 said on July 21, 2014 at 3:42 p.m.

If it's true then

HELL. YES.

First thing I did when it was announced that T7 would run on the Unreal 4 engine was twitter Harada for a PC version. Won't even wait for a Steam sale on this one. Makes sense for Bandai Namco anyways since Dark Souls 2 and Naruto Storm are doing well on the PC.

narckiller said on July 21, 2014 at 3:42 p.m.

LeonHartEX said on July 21, 2014 at 4:13 p.m.

I have to say, I'm VERY excited to see how the modding community will take this.

Modders, you guys are awesome. Seriously, I mean that. Please, I better see Law & Paul as Kenshiro and Polnareff.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! =D

BumbleBee said on July 21, 2014 at 4:26 p.m.

I like how most of the folks don't give two sh!ts about the game itself, but very eager about modding (not like Tekken games since 5 have customization mode. No, absolutely not !). This so-called PC Master Race is truly... weird, to say the least.

yes4me said on July 21, 2014 at 4:48 p.m.

Here is what I wish, and most likely will not happen based on my history of poor predictions:

- Harada will make another quick video.
- Playstation has accepted to write a software so that PC gamers will connect and play on the Playstation Network
- Tutorial (for noobs like myself) will be easy to follow
- The game will run smoothly on my new laptop
- The game will get updated regularly and will be a success on PC

Cross fingers I am right, but expect the worst

Rye_Aka_SekaiSenshi said on July 21, 2014 at 5:47 p.m.

lol Nude mods coming soon! Joking aside, I heard that it's also for Ps3/360 too. Since Harada said he could port it to any console he wants too of this generation.

MaverickHunterX said on July 21, 2014 at 6:44 p.m.

Hopefully netcode will be good.

rosy said on July 21, 2014 at 6:48 p.m.

Damn, this is too good to be true. But I really hope this might happen.

Post_a_comment said on July 21, 2014 at 9:10 p.m.

master race !!

diddykv said on July 21, 2014 at 9:14 p.m.

Thank you, Namco!

JIHADJOE said on July 22, 2014 at 1:27 a.m.

He's totally referring to Steam with the "can't message your opponents" bit.

No way to do that on Steam unless the game provides its own chat, which SF4 didn't have (they always used the chat built-in to PSN or XBL/GFWL).

Offen said on July 22, 2014 at 1:31 a.m.

I don't think all PC gamers get it just for mods thought. I don't. I hope it supports 120fps/hz monitors :) I also hope the game isn't coded entirely around frames, as that ain't good for PC and all the variety of hardware specifications.

Lordd_G said on July 22, 2014 at 6:42 a.m.

Am I the only one who is not one bit hyped about T7 and rather disappointed that they didn't announce TxSF at EVO??

T7: "Now with 100% more of Kazuya's mother and 50% less bound combos."

Orinon said on July 22, 2014 at 1:07 p.m.

This doesn't really come as a surprise, didn't Harada say that they'd be able to put the game on more systems with UE4? There's only one other 'platform' that can run UE4 than the X1/PS4 isn't there?

RedRapperSux said on July 22, 2014 at 3:11 p.m.

"The FGC on PC also isn't as developed skill wise as consoles"

I wouldn't necessarily say it isn't as developed... Just much smaller scale. You can still find beginners, intermediate, and advanced players.