Mortal Kombat X: Exclusive reveal for EVO 2014 on Saturday, right before Injustice finals

Posted by Cheng Kai 'KarbyP' Sim • July 10, 2014 at 10:10 a.m. PDT

Mortal Kombat X's official unveiling at Sony's E3 press conference was one of the biggest moments at the annual video games trade show this year.

Over the course of the week-long convention we also got to learn more details about the game's brand new characters, such as Cassie Cage being the daughter between Sonya Blade and Johnny Cage.

And then, E3 2014 came to an end. "Until next time," NetherRealm Studios said.

Fortunately, if you're been dying to see more from Mortal Kombat X, well, hang on to your spinal cords and still-beating hearts for just a little longer; the official Facebook page for the series has just announced an exclusive reveal for EVO 2014 this Saturday.

"I stand watch for eternity," the teaser image for Saturday says. Could this be a hint for which character(s) we'll see revealed on Saturday? Time to turn on your speculating caps, EventHubs!

The Mortal Kombat X reveal will take place on Saturday at 12PM PDT, right before (or during or after) the Injustice Finals.

Source: Mortal Kombat via Shoryuken.com.

Comments

Nader886 said on July 10, 2014 at 10:14 a.m.

CANT WAIT

sarif2soon said on July 10, 2014 at 10:16 a.m.

Will they reveal that there's a block button? I hope not.

SummerUndercover said on July 10, 2014 at 10:17 a.m.

My spinal chord is ready!

KleenexGhost said on July 10, 2014 at 10:19 a.m.

They already confirmed that the block button is back.

jme said on July 10, 2014 at 10:19 a.m.

I haven't watched any MKX footage, is there a run button or no?

XDIEX said on July 10, 2014 at 10:19 a.m.

MKX HYPE!

Seriously tho I want to see that reptile announcement boon! I needs the green ninja!

It better not be a guest character announcement...

XDIEX said on July 10, 2014 at 10:20 a.m.

Yes the run mechanic is back

Ezey said on July 10, 2014 at 10:36 a.m.

No blk button that makes the game wack!!!

KingSalman said on July 10, 2014 at 10:38 a.m.

So HYPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

lukenvoy said on July 10, 2014 at 10:45 a.m.

the news filter does not work

chobits55 said on July 10, 2014 at 10:56 a.m.

there is a block button on the demo

TheCookieMonster said on July 10, 2014 at 11:01 a.m.

Maybe their gonna announce a no block button and slower gameplay version for those who keep whining.

Snake_Eyes said on July 10, 2014 at 11:03 a.m.

hopefully its a good reveal!!

Otter_of_Death said on July 10, 2014 at 11:18 a.m.

Sounds like they're going to reveal Fujin.

ReddChief said on July 10, 2014 at 11:50 a.m.

The 09'ers still asking for no block button LMAO!!

TheTTimeLives said on July 10, 2014 at 11:58 a.m.

I mean I understand that having a block button is a distinguishing part of MK but I don't think the left right is so fast that it couldn't be done.

Lordd_G said on July 10, 2014 at 11:58 a.m.

My money is on the One Being announced as final boss

Kawalorn said on July 10, 2014 at 12:12 p.m.

I don't know how but MKX really keeps me excited and wanting for more. Bring it on. :D

Otter_of_Death said on July 10, 2014 at 12:14 p.m.

No one is pressing back to block on reaction against Reptile's six frame dash. It's also safe to say that no one is reacting to all the instant 10-frame specials either.

The block button also allowed MK9 to have a really interesting cross-up metagame. People think that just because MK9 didn't have ambiguous 50/50 crossups that crossups had no offensive value. That couldn't be further from the truth.

RambroCampAlot said on July 10, 2014 at 12:17 p.m.

Stop trying to make this game into street fighters, no block button will make telporting characters extremely cheap

Dsynkronized said on July 10, 2014 at 12:18 p.m.

It's raiden people hahah I can't wait

TrueGamingGuru said on July 10, 2014 at 12:24 p.m.

I'm really looking forward to what MKX has to offer from characters & stages you name it.

@sarif2soon

The block button was already conformed: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/ju...

Block button will very likely stay in the rest of the MK games, so there is no point making a reveal about that. (besides we already had enough conflict & pre-mature disappointments)

@lukenvoy

Which game did you filter, and which one isn't filtered. Because if you filtered Mortal Kombat, but not Injustice then your going to see news that you'd already filter.

Aquaman said on July 10, 2014 at 12:26 p.m.

When's Reiko?

maxi2099 said on July 10, 2014 at 12:33 p.m.

It's just Raiden.

GammaChemical said on July 10, 2014 at 12:33 p.m.

I hope they reveal a no block button option. I like my reaction skills.

kac1010 said on July 10, 2014 at 1:38 p.m.

Raiden for sure

IareBeStayDrunk said on July 10, 2014 at 1:59 p.m.

Ed boons announcing the retirement of mk! YES

Otter_of_Death said on July 10, 2014 at 2:07 p.m.

I see why people are saying Raiden, but given that the theme of the game is "who's next?", I'd say Fujin is way more likely.

Also, Raiden never really "stood watch" for anything. He was always very hands-on with humanity, while Fujin was in the background making sure everything stayed in order. That was the whole point of his storyline in MK4. Now that Shinnok murdered the gods and wrecked heaven, Fujin couldn't stand idle anymore.

/mknerd

Whengameswerefun said on July 10, 2014 at 2:14 p.m.

GOOD NETCODE SIKE LOL.

HyperGadoken said on July 10, 2014 at 2:39 p.m.

will be Raiden in a cool new look, or a boon troll will reveal it to be Fujin

unicron42 said on July 10, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.

Raiden

htownboss23 said on July 10, 2014 at 8:03 p.m.

The block button will not be canceled so give it a rest

Smorgasboard said on July 10, 2014 at 8:22 p.m.
Sasuga said on July 11, 2014 at 12:18 a.m.

But no run button, tho. Now you dash and press block to run...

I hope they change that and just make it a separate button. Switch stance should be run, imo.

Sasuga said on July 11, 2014 at 12:20 a.m.

Setting the block button to "No function" would do the trick.

KarbyP said on July 11, 2014 at 1:10 a.m.

Okay, I gotta admit it is PROBABLY Raiden we're going to see on Saturday.

I stand watch for all eternity -- there are just enough letters in that phrase to spell "Raiden".

Cross-referencing the phrase with this list of MK characters, you'll find that Rain is the only other character whose name you can spell with the letters present in that phrase:

So, maybe Raiden + new characters?

EDIT: Actually, you can spell Raiden AND Tanya with that phrase.

GammaChemical said on July 11, 2014 at 7:49 a.m.

#35 Sasuga, You are an idiot.

GodPride said on July 11, 2014 at 8:42 a.m.

They should have an option for players who prefer the traditional method of blocking. I don't really mind going up against players who need the clutch button. I can't imagine teleport crossups being any more difficult to block than your standard high/low mixups.

LongLiveI7 said on July 11, 2014 at 4:18 p.m.

The reveal could very well be Raiden, but I hope they show more as well.
As far as the block button, let it go people. Mortal Kombat wants to be different. Adapt or move on.