Niitsuma would like to be a part of a Capcom vs. Capcom game if it happens, says curtain is closing on UMvC3

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • July 7, 2014 at 8:45 a.m. PDT

It appears the curtain is about to officially close on the future development of anything related to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

The game's producer, Ryota Niitsuma, spoke for awhile on Twitter recently talking about his hopes to be involved with a Capcom vs. Capcom title if it were to happen, and the fact that the "curtain is closing on UMvC3."

Someone wondered if the curtain had been closed awhile ago, but Niitsuma said that it wasn't completely closed, and these things take time.

Niitsuma also mentioned that they're not working on Capcom vs. SNK 3 at this moment, nor Rival Schools 3. You can find the complete rundown below.

Niitsuma: The curtain is closing on UMVC3. Thanks to all the fans who supported us! You made the game a success!

Mark M: Hasn't the curtain been closed for a while now?

Niitsuma: It wasn't completely closed. These things take time.

Bale: I think the next game should be a Capcom All-Stars. No need to worry about licensing then, and you have the characters.

Niitsuma: Appreciate that comments. We haven't ruled anything for the future.

Seth Gravijah: Thanks for the amazing work ! It's now time to open the curtain on a Capcom vs. Capcom game!

Niitsuma: Thank you! If that happens, I definitely want to be part of it!

Miguel Fuentes: Please take the DC license from NetherRealm Studios so we can have a DC vs. Capcom :)

Niitsuma: Great idea! I would really love to make that Capcom's next fighter!

Capcom's still in the business of making fighting games, and it's thanks to fans like you!

DNAngel: Capcom vs. SNK 3? Or Rival Schools 3?

Niitsuma: Not at this moment...

Also submitted by DevilMaySpy and f0m3rmvCguy.

Comments

MRN_SirFoxington said on July 7, 2014 at 8:57 a.m.

A Capcom Vs Capcom game ?

Please, go ahead, open my wallet AND TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!

MRN_SirFoxington said on July 7, 2014 at 8:59 a.m.

*Btw there is a typo in the arcticle description :

" Would like to a be a part of ".....

Catalyst said on July 7, 2014 at 9 a.m.

Thanks, fixed.

SadisticSamurai said on July 7, 2014 at 9:01 a.m.

UMvC3 was a success?

I thought I remember reading it underperformed. Not knocking the game, I just always thought that was a key factor in why there wasnt more updates (along with Disney buying Marvel).

OhYouDontSayThat said on July 7, 2014 at 9:02 a.m.

My head is already yelling "I'LL BUY IT I'LL BUY IT!"
... but if they put that "New Dante" in...

Gotomaster said on July 7, 2014 at 9:02 a.m.

DC vs Capcom!? Yes plz!!

JRXP2011 said on July 7, 2014 at 9:04 a.m.

Next gen capcom all stars would be great.

GammaChemical said on July 7, 2014 at 9:05 a.m.

#4, the initial sales were low but over time it met expectations.

MRN_SirFoxington said on July 7, 2014 at 9:05 a.m.

You are welcome !

rsx2009 said on July 7, 2014 at 9:07 a.m.

i just want Capcom vs snk 3!.

Lythero said on July 7, 2014 at 9:08 a.m.

To suggest there was ever still a chance of further developments on UMvC3 is an insult to all the fans that have been begging for updates, character patches or even just glitch fixes. Kinda gives the impression they decided to do nothing about it because they were too lazy to bother as opposed to the passing blame story of "it's out of our hands, you have to ask Marvel".

I'm all for a Capcom vs Capcom game, but this kind of title has already been hinted towards by the likes of Yoshinori Ono ages ago. Get yer finger out and make the game rather than dangling carrots in front of your audience.

ChunLi said on July 7, 2014 at 9:08 a.m.

Called this back in April of 2013:
ChunLi said on April 18, 2013 at 10:28 p.m.
Capcom.

1) Take all your famous Capcom characters from any game you own.

2) Put them in a fighting game

3) Name it "Capcom Versus Capcom" or simply "Capcom Versus"

4)Instant hype that can make you forget any other fighting game out there.

5) Insane Profit

Be sure to get characters like Sieg from Chaos Legion and a special Power Stone mini-game and you have an instant classic."

But that's none of my business.
More at 11.

sarif2soon said on July 7, 2014 at 9:08 a.m.

See? IF YOU SAY IT LOUD ENOUGH THEY CAN HEAR YOU

BUFF SETH

Nekobyte said on July 7, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.

DC vs. Capcom?
No thank you.

HyperCombinationFinish said on July 7, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.

Capcom vs Capcom. Kreygasm. Take all my monies

FADCTAUNT said on July 7, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.

DC vs. Capcom

Make it happen yo.

LeonX said on July 7, 2014 at 9:26 a.m.

DC vs. Capcom... no thanks

Capcom VERSUS would be awesome with a anime like style :D

Zentsurugi said on July 7, 2014 at 9:27 a.m.

Oh my God yes! Capcom please make this happen!

Existent said on July 7, 2014 at 9:27 a.m.

Eeeewwwww.

Schemer16 said on July 7, 2014 at 9:28 a.m.

Dc vs capcom would be cool but even though it won't happen I hope it's not mvc style lol

ryuhayabusa13 said on July 7, 2014 at 9:39 a.m.

Like Seth says, show your money...All of it.

SRK_over_EH said on July 7, 2014 at 9:44 a.m.

Capcom vs Bandai ....thanks

jme said on July 7, 2014 at 9:50 a.m.

Shonen Jump vs Capcom.

xIxRemyxIx said on July 7, 2014 at 9:51 a.m.

Why no CvS3 Or Rival Schools 3? We need these.

SAOTOME2U said on July 7, 2014 at 9:53 a.m.

I have always been a proponent of calling the game "Capcom VS." instead of "Capcom vs. Capcom"...but that's just my take on it.

Anyhoo, personally I don't want Niitsuma to touch another crossover game if it will play like MvC3 -- as it stands now, I don't trust him to do it right. Okay fine, people loved TvC despite it being a niche game given it was only on the Wii, but MvC3, while by some standards it was a success, the game isn't well liked anymore, and (while this is my opinion), I don't think ANYONE wants another crossover that plays like MvC3. It will need to play more like MvC1 or MvC2 to really be well received, with maybe some lessons learned from Skullgirls thrown in.

MDDsynergy said on July 7, 2014 at 9:53 a.m.

I think I might be only one who likes new Dante. Haha I think for a redesign he looks pretty cool. It still doesn't beat anime Dante though.

Clamper said on July 7, 2014 at 10 a.m.

I actually had my hopes up that a "Capcom All Stars" was in production... but it seems it isn't. Too bad.

spongejordan123 said on July 7, 2014 at 10:01 a.m.

... you're coming from a very biased perspective, as A LOT of people LOVE UMVC3. Considering its the second most entrants at Evo this year, there's also numbers to go along with it.

I loved TvC, I loved vanilla MVC3, and I loved and continue to love Ultimate. I literally want nothing more than a Capcom fighter that utilizes the Marvel engine, so please, stop propping up these strawmen for your arguments.

Burnt said on July 7, 2014 at 10:02 a.m.

Thanks Seth Gravijah i appreciate that comments too. CPM v CPM, 60 char, no air fighting soulfist BS

ButterKnife said on July 7, 2014 at 10:02 a.m.

I prefer the Marvel side of the cast, but I would still play Capcom vs Capcom. Maybe with that much space freed on the lineup they would finally feel comfortable dedicating one lousy spot to Classic Megaman ;)

HooliganComboFTW said on July 7, 2014 at 10:03 a.m.

The curtains were finally closed? By now everyone left the theatre even the custodian staff.

Sanox said on July 7, 2014 at 10:07 a.m.

is closing does not mean it is closed

so... there is a chance?

streetfighterjoe said on July 7, 2014 at 10:18 a.m.

Meh DC Meh! we wantt Capcom vs SNK 3

PurplePonyJotaro said on July 7, 2014 at 10:21 a.m.

I doubt they have the money to develop for next gen at the moment.

TheTHCGamer said on July 7, 2014 at 10:23 a.m.

Enough of the UMvC3 talk it's time to move on and work on another vs title.

SAOTOME2U said on July 7, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.

Oh I completely agree that my opinion is biased, however I also pay attention to not just the sales, but also by player response of the game. Those who love the game, yes, LOVE the game, but from what you see and hear, more people tolerate it, but aren't actually happy with it. So strawmen they may be, there's validity to it if you pay attention to what the game was when it first came out, and where it stands now.

DyingDeath7 said on July 7, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.

It didn't sell very well initially. However it did meet the sales goal over time.

Smorgasboard said on July 7, 2014 at 10:38 a.m.

There is already a Capcom all-stars game and it didn't make insane profits. I think a lot people underestimate the amount of work and risks involved in making games. Sadly, this is why the video game industry is as volatile as it is now.

Does a lot of people love umvc3 or a lot of people unable to transition to other games? It's the game that let's you feel powerful with the least amount difficulty at EVO after all.

The marvel engine has no future. Even it's pretty graphics can't save it from being boring as the metagame haven't evolved since last year's EVO.

A Capcom all stars game deserves better.

trufenix said on July 7, 2014 at 10:41 a.m.

And with this, Capcom fans officially take the battered wives title from NRS fans.

DyingDeath7 said on July 7, 2014 at 10:42 a.m.

Even though I love Marvel more than DC, I'd so be down for a Capcom vs DC. I liked Injustice, but god that game was clunky. The simple thought of Batman or Green Arrow plink dashing across the screen makes me Kreygasm.

Strider_Maverick said on July 7, 2014 at 10:45 a.m.

F*ck Niitsuma.

thisguyrighthere said on July 7, 2014 at 10:47 a.m.

My favorite part about Capcom versus would be the micro transactions, expansion before the first year and Handheld port with an exclusive replay option and visible hitbox options.

General_Awesomo said on July 7, 2014 at 10:47 a.m.

If they do make a Capcom All-Stars or Capcom vs. Capcom (name pending), they can't scrap out old Dante for the new one. Ideally, they can put both of them in so you can the "mirror" match of the ages.

Basically, if the word "All-Stars" is in the name, then actually include some all-stars in the game, like Mega Man X (long overdue) and such. Don't make the same mistake as PSABR. (Where were the actual classic all-stars there?)

And I REALLY hope this doesn't turn out to be another facking mobile game.

General_Awesomo said on July 7, 2014 at 10:48 a.m.

*Edited out, duplicate message*

Gailim said on July 7, 2014 at 10:50 a.m.

DC is owned by Warner Bros.

Netherrealm is also owned by Warner Bros.

WB Exec: "hey lets take our billion dollar franchise characters and license them to capcom despite the fact that we already own a fighting game studio whose games outsell MvC3.

that way instead of getting all the money we can only get part! Hah this is why I make the big bucks"

McAl said on July 7, 2014 at 11:02 a.m.

Please Capcom at least a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3. 1 on 1 games don't have half the fun factor of team games.

HyperCombinationFinish said on July 7, 2014 at 11:06 a.m.
Gotomaster said on July 7, 2014 at 11:10 a.m.

Eeww yourself..

mrambitious said on July 7, 2014 at 11:10 a.m.

Franchises don't mix at all.

Marvel is very super hero epic story bring in the entire universe kraygasm of stupidity just like most capcom storylines. The majority of the story telling happens outside of an individual characters desires or needs. Ryu may always just be hunting Akuma, but to find him he needs to interact with 55 other characters with their own backstories and histories together.

DC is very linear and dark for the most part, and spends more time developing each individual character rather than develop relationships with characters outside of the protagonists story line. That's why DC and MK mix so well, despite all the insanity of the actual universe, in the end Scorpion's goal is and always will be to kill subzero. Batman, despite the fact he's part of justice league and all that madness of the DC universe, somehow he always ends up back in Gotham by his lonesome fighting the Joker and Two-face for the 1000th time.

Thor and Loki, despite their deep seeded vendettas against each other, this aspect of their story is only a part of the overall picture Thor plays in the Marvel-verse. Even if they are petty gods feuding over their mothers love, their actions CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF THE UNIVERSE. Batman on the other hand always drags the story back to Gotham City, even if their enemy at the time was Aliens on Pluto, somehow they will end up in Gotham and ONLY BATMAN, not one of the thousands of other allies he has, can stop them.

This is obviously not a universal statement, you can find comics which would prove otherwise, but in general Marvel's success has been "event" based and DC's success is driven by the individual characters story lines more than say Justice League comics.

SmokeRulz said on July 7, 2014 at 11:23 a.m.

I would be SO okay with a Capcom Versus.

J said on July 7, 2014 at 11:35 a.m.

Capcom vs Capcom with CvS2-esque grooves please!

HushoftheWind said on July 7, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Hey that was my birthday ^^

Although a capcom Allstar vs game is plausible and wouldn't have the same flare as another company such as the Marvel franchise or maybe a Konami. I was honestly hope DC would let capcom get it's 2nd wind by having a DCvsCapcom.

Blackoshinomi said on July 7, 2014 at 11:44 a.m.

If it plays like cvs2 or mvc2 or sf3 I'm buying it !

If it plays sfxt sf4 or mvc3 I'm not even going too think about buying it !

And make it 2d I'm tired of looking at sf4 ugly art!

Teohkaka said on July 7, 2014 at 11:48 a.m.

I hope he doesn't mean when he says : " the curtain is closing " ... he doesn't mean : Disney doesn't want to allow streaming of Marvel Tournaments anymore ... because that would be most upseting ....

okay said on July 7, 2014 at 11:48 a.m.

Since the banner is showing chibi characters, how about a new Pocket Fighter or a new Puzzle Fighter?

Blackoshinomi said on July 7, 2014 at 11:57 a.m.

49 ... I will just simply tell you this if Mvc never existed you don't that samething you just wrote would not apply to marvel? The reason why people can't see cap vs dc is because it hasn't happen before !
If capcom made it happen I believe it could be done .

Who honesty thought marvel vs capcom was. Ever going to happen you telling me as a chid you said marvel vs capcom needs to happen !

Capcom took a chance and you see the results they got. A classic .......

Portal23 said on July 7, 2014 at 11:58 a.m.

Whoever this Miguel guy is, he is a moron. Like Gailim said, Warner Bros own both DC and NetherRealm. Why would Warner Bros ask Capcom to make a DC fighting game when NetherRealm made a successful Mortal Kombat and Injustice game?

sweetmonkeylove said on July 7, 2014 at 12:07 p.m.

Super Ultra Arcade Edition Chibi Kawaii Capcom vs. Nintendo Fighter Happy Long Time Edition Battle Omege 6.3

I'm so effing hype for 2015 FGC!

Mac_Gargan said on July 7, 2014 at 12:08 p.m.

I think by "the curtain is [finally] closing [these things take time]," that Niitsuma-son was referring to the recent deadlines marking the end of sale for all things related to MvsC.

But yeah, that probably meant that Disney-Marvel COULD HAVE greenlit a final edition with new cast, content, fixes but they weren't interested because of their IDIOTIC idea that Marvel games should all be united under one umbrella. Disney could have worked this out within the contract window. What would have been HUGE hype for us, would have barely cost Disney any $, time or effort at all in their broad scheme. What a POOR SHOWING from the new Marvel license-holder. BOOOOOOh.

Don't think this DOESN'T echo throughout our sentiment of future games and movies, Disney. WE WILL REMEMBER who left our game broken and unfinished.

rie_dude said on July 7, 2014 at 12:17 p.m.

Get all the capcom assets throw them into the Marvel VS Capcom 3 engine. Do it.

quicks said on July 7, 2014 at 12:36 p.m.

this is a stupid point , its not the engines fault, thats a balance issue and the fact that it was never fixed,
the actual engine is good, the balance and some gameplay mechanics are what turns people off

YorKeY said on July 7, 2014 at 12:39 p.m.

Tons of people predicted the possibility of an all Capcom versus game, it only makes sense. Just like i predicted the new iphone, i predict another iphone (or mini/XL version of the current one) is coming out to 2015, if im right, remember i called it.

kizasoza215 said on July 7, 2014 at 12:46 p.m.

Yo DC vs Capcom if this ever happens ill quit every other game cold

Dude130 said on July 7, 2014 at 1 p.m.

Yeah no, See DC is also owned by Warner Brothers just as Disney owns Marvel so DC is staying with NRS.

But hey if Capcom screws up some more maybe WB will buy them & people who want DC versus Capcom could see it happen.

Neoxon said on July 7, 2014 at 1:03 p.m.

I personally think MvC4 will happen eventually, just not for a while.

When it does happen, expect fewer X-Men and more Avengers & Guardians of the Galaxy, given how Marvel is putting more emphasis on the properties they own the movie rights to (plus Spider-Man, because Sony is playing ball with Marvel).

Kira665 said on July 7, 2014 at 1:07 p.m.

i think DC vs Capcom would be the closest thing to MK vs SF (unless it actually happens for some reason)

Neoxon said on July 7, 2014 at 1:07 p.m.

It means that Capcom cannot legally support it in tournaments. It can still be streamed by people other than Capcom.

Raiden365 said on July 7, 2014 at 1:16 p.m.

Kinda surprised people are still asking Capcom to commit to new projects given their financial situation. If they make anything, it'll be something mainstream to save the company with high sales, not please the FGC.

Saikyobbi said on July 7, 2014 at 1:16 p.m.

Hey, those two games could actually work well on a handheld! Hasn't Capcom wanted to break in on the smartphone market?

I'd be all over a new Capcom Vs. game! My only worry is they'd play it too safe this time around. One thing I love about the crossover games they did was that they experimented a lot. They still do, but they lately haven't been doing well (SFxT, the non-fighting games developed by Namco).

BUYACUSHUN said on July 7, 2014 at 1:19 p.m.

A better engine that would allow actual depth in the meta so we could actually get more out of the game. No matter how much you like marvel you can't deny the game got figured out rather quickly even in this day and age.

I think if capcom didn't use all those canned "reactions" they use in their fighters we could a deeper combo system and just better overall game.

Pwn_Star said on July 7, 2014 at 1:43 p.m.

Zero vs Capcom:No Megaman Edition

How could you Capcom?!? T____T

SonicfanQ said on July 7, 2014 at 1:51 p.m.

Im honestly really glad to hear marvel 3 is dead. Game is beyond stupid as a competitive fighter. I hope the next vs game will be designed better for more honest play.

GameLink7 said on July 7, 2014 at 2:04 p.m.

Whatever happened to TvC being ported to other systems?

~GL

DestinyZX1 said on July 7, 2014 at 2:18 p.m.

I'm going to say this. I really don't like this guy. I don't like Niitsuma since as much as I enjoyed MvC3 along with Ultimate, I don't like him because of the fact that Mega Man wasn't included and I know what people are saying. Yeah, I also blame Marvel for it because the reason why for all the characters was so that they can promote their stuff like the Avengers movies and what not which I consider a good thing but it's at the cost of not getting our favorite character.

The dream is dead and for once, I'm happy that it's dead. Goodbye and good freaking riddance. I'm selling my Vanilla copy that I got for 360 since it has NO purpose to me. None.

If they bring us a Capcom vs. Capcom fighting game aka Capcom All-Stars, I'm up for it.

DestinyZX1 said on July 7, 2014 at 2:19 p.m.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

MisterVinuto said on July 7, 2014 at 2:22 p.m.

The way the game played was good of Marvel. But i think what people hate the most is the fact that there are so many things that SHOULD have been patched/fixed or whaterever. Touch of death combo's aren't that enjoyable And X-factor was just a silly feature in the game. when i say silly i mean just stupid.

goldengol said on July 7, 2014 at 2:46 p.m.

Capcom vs dragon ball

ChunLi said on July 7, 2014 at 2:51 p.m.

Predicting a possibility about a game that will probably never happen is way different than predicting a cell phone model that has repeated itself for years on end.

It's as different as saying "Oh I think they should make a Smash Bros version of Mario Kart" and someone else saying "Someone is going to say Kappa in the next story's comment section"

soggytoast said on July 7, 2014 at 2:58 p.m.

I would definitely love to see a "Capcom versus" game based off of this engine.

ShadowGeno said on July 7, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.

*Kermit the Frog tea sip*

SAOTOME2U said on July 7, 2014 at 3:37 p.m.

Agreed, and that's why I saw the backlash for MvC3 coming a mile away. I said that if it were to be taken seriously, they would have to completely redo the game mechanics because I knew touch of death combos, and X-Factor weren't going anywhere. And let's not even begin to mention the idiocy that is Dark Phoenix, but digress I shall.

shinra358 said on July 7, 2014 at 3:55 p.m.

Id rather have a sf vs sf game with all sf characters legally owned on it.

xShonuffx said on July 7, 2014 at 4:02 p.m.

Not only would a Capcom vs Capcom game work well, it would also free them from all the BS they had to put up with Marvel and their iron grip on their characters. Bug fixes and balance changes would never be a problem anymore. Yeah it would lose its appeal to comic book fans but to be fair Capcom doesn't need Marvel anymore, it don't even have to be Capcom vs Capcom it could be Capcom vs Namco (a REAL Capcom vs Namco not SFxT or the turn base games).

tommills83 said on July 7, 2014 at 4:03 p.m.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that there have already been TWO Capcom Vs. Capcom games; Capcom All Stars and Capcom Fighting Evolution/Jam.
The first was cancelled at the beta stage due to negative feedback and the second SHOULD have been cancelled (in my opinion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1PH... (Capcom All Stars)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMpQl... (Capcom Fighting Evolution)

Granted this was in the PS2 era and things have changed since then. Also, neither game was in the "Marvel Vs." style and are quite different to what is being suggested here.
However the presence of these two unsuccessful projects from a few years back MAY have some bearing on future, Capcom-only Vs. games.

BK said on July 7, 2014 at 4:22 p.m.

They need to make an all female fighting game. Call it "The Ladies of Capcom". They got a good size list to make it happen.

Other than that, just want Capcom Vs. SNK3.

compbros said on July 7, 2014 at 5:15 p.m.

.......What?

Marvel comics differ from each other (Cap doesn't feel like Hulk who doesn't feel like Captain Marvel, etc) just like DC. There is no big generalization for either publication. Both have dark moments, both have epic moments, both have character exploration.

Scorpion's goal is revenge for the death of his family/clan, once he gets proof it was Quan Chi then his goal will become Quan Chi. Batman does go back to Gotham just like Thor goes back to Asgard after he's done Avengers work or Fantastic Four go back to NY after they've done intergalactic stuff. People have their home bases, EVERY hero, what does this even mean?

The Green Lanterns are intergalactic poluce and John Stewart destroyed/attempted to revive a planet. Superman/Darkseid fights could level a planet easily, again what does this have to do with anything?

DC has serious characters, joke-y characters, laid back characters, angsty characters and so does Marvel. DC/Capcom can absolutely work.

ReddChief said on July 7, 2014 at 5:17 p.m.

Capcom Vs. DC yuck!! please no, Injustice was cool because it was a fighting game and made by NRS but please NEVER again a fighting game should be made with DC characters in it they're just too boring the designs the names and powers.

compbros said on July 7, 2014 at 5:26 p.m.

Are you serious? If you don't like the designs that's fine but names are no better or worse than some of the top Marvel people and many powers sets are fantastic and work well in a fighting game.

SAOTOME2U said on July 7, 2014 at 5:35 p.m.

I know we are kinda getting off topic here since people threw DC in the ring. But the only feasible way I could see something with DC characters, that I would love to see, is if Capcom and NRS did a collaborative thing with the approval of Marvel and Warner Bros. to make a Marvel vs DC crossover. Capcom could make their version, and NRS could make theirs, similar to what Capcom and SNK did with Capcom vs SNK, and SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos.

Just a thought, and whole helluva lot of red tape to get through with the 2 comic partners, but it is an idea.

enkil said on July 7, 2014 at 5:41 p.m.

How about Capcom vs. Image (Comics)? That could be insane.

TrueGamingGuru said on July 7, 2014 at 5:55 p.m.

So what you're saying is you'd prefer games that are more technical (cvs2, mvc2, or sf3), rather than easier (sf4, mvc3, or sfxt). You really shouldn't expect much from Capcom, since the project isn't officially in development nor there any idea game mechanics, Capcom tends to please every single group to the point of overflooded ends up not appealing to everyone, Capcom are still trying to find ways to appeal new gamers that doesn't have experiences with fighting games, and lastly Capcom isn't likely to use the same engine as SFIV nor MVC3 since the PS4 & Xbox One have been released. (it was announced that Capcom is no longer going to be using MT Framework for next gen consoles)

Its best to wait until the project has official announced, I don't see Capcom will ever return to 2D sprites.

zeroroute said on July 7, 2014 at 6:26 p.m.

Who's Image? *Goes on wikipedia*...That would be interesting.

HyperViperNZ said on July 7, 2014 at 6:51 p.m.

Disappointing to hear about UMVC3 but at least now there's closure on it so we can stop wondering if it will be worked on anymore.

omegamarth said on July 7, 2014 at 7:26 p.m.

Now the big question is:
WHEN ARE WE GETTING WWE VS SATURDAY NIGHT SLAM MASTERS?

ryu600RR said on July 7, 2014 at 10:44 p.m.

could capcom even make a unique fighting game without cross over? i feel like anything they make will just be another street fighter with whoever else the fans ask for tossed in the cast

why not just work w/ SNK again and bring back the glory days, the market seems more ready now than when cvs2 was hot

USF4 said on July 7, 2014 at 11:14 p.m.

What is Capcom vs Capcom? Capcom SF4 characters vs Capcom MvC characters? In addition to Edition Select, we get Game Select.

Triforce said on July 8, 2014 at 12:29 a.m.

I've wanted a well made Capcom Fighting Evolution successor for ages. I'd be more hype for this than SFV or Darkstalkers actually.

Cael said on July 8, 2014 at 5:15 a.m.

If they do make a Capcom All-Stars, they must have Demitri in it.

wbarfield2 said on July 8, 2014 at 6:10 a.m.

I can picture it now.... Spencer vs. Gene from Godhand. Spencer be like...Hmm, Godhand huh, Lets see you go up against my Bionic Arm!! Capcom vs. Capcom lets do the dang thing CAPCOM!!!!! ; (

fawaz said on July 8, 2014 at 9:24 a.m.

Capcom Fighting All Stars. Period