Tokido: Akuma is severely weakened in Ultra Street Fighter 4, but I'm sticking with him; Pre-EVO talk ft. Daigo, Bonchan, Momochi, Kazunoko and Itazan

Posted by Cheng Kai 'KarbyP' Sim • July 5, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. PDT

Now that we're this close to EVO 2014, 4Gamer has gathered six of Japan's finest Ultra Street Fighter 4 players -- Daigo Umehara, Tokido, Momochi, Bonchan, Itabashi Zangeif and Kazunoko -- for a round-table on all-things USF4.

In 4Gamer's transcript (fully translated into English by Mad Catz's Zhi) of this epic 4-hour-long roundtable discussion, the players talked at length about the new mechanics introduced in Ultra Street Fighter 4, balance changes made in version 1.01, what the FGC scene needs to do to continue to grow both in Japan and abroad, and much, much more.

They've also shared the thought processes behind why they've made certain characters their competitive main in this iteration -- for instance, Tokido says that although Akuma has been severely weaked, he's sticking with him -- as well as a full tier list.

Click image for larger version

Here's a snippet to start you off.

Tokido: I've pondered this long and hard, but this time I'll stay with Akuma. In every version before Ultra, Akuma has been a top 3 character, but because of USF4's mechanics he has been severely weakened.

Up till now I've used Akuma. PR Balrog always teases me and says "You only win because of vortex!", but what he says is partially true. This time I want to show everyone that I can win despite the vortex nerfs by covering all my weak points. I'm curious myself if I can accomplish this in such a short amount of time. For those watching my matches, please pay attention to this. Oh my goodness, it will be very awkward if I'm eliminated before I reach the streaming match after saying all this.

Head on over to 4Gamer's story for the full roundtable discussion.

Source: 4Gamer. Our thanks to David_I, Martin1245456, and Mad Catz's Zhi for sending this in!

Comments

Kuroneko said on July 5, 2014 at 11:53 a.m.

urien said on July 5, 2014 at 12:03 p.m.

even though akuma got weaker overall his ground game got way better.
so i think this version hurt Tokido more than Infiltration.

Aluppoj said on July 5, 2014 at 12:11 p.m.

Best tier list I've seen thus far.

Kinimaster said on July 5, 2014 at 12:12 p.m.

Momochi seems to be the most knowledgeable out of all of them by far lol.

Shinebox said on July 5, 2014 at 12:12 p.m.

Wow I heard before that you know a version of SF is trash if Ken is ranked better than Ryu.

@Kinimaster he does. He said he wants to pick a character with the least amount of bad match ups. When he got outplayed he switched characters to try and get his opponents on a match up they wouldn't know.. it only worked on Rico and Smug though.

Kinimaster said on July 5, 2014 at 12:13 p.m.

Momochi seems to be the most knowledgeable out of all them by a lot lol.

MVRKHNTR said on July 5, 2014 at 12:15 p.m.

Great read.

It was hilarious how everyone was picking on Kazunoko for sticking with Yun haha!

PrideAndFury said on July 5, 2014 at 12:17 p.m.

Rolento isn't the worse in the game. What the hell?

6748 said on July 5, 2014 at 12:17 p.m.

Much respect to you tokido but do not listen to pr barlog he is ignorant and just salty let him pick up akuma and try to play him he would't be able to because akuma is built for those who have an intricate mind and this time in ultra I must say being intricate is not enough. Akuma this time is gutter trash with that delayed wake up which blows my mind as to how or why anyone thought it was a good idea to implement it. this is a detriment to akuma and the rest of the vortex characters. Now akuma is more like ryu when you get rid of his vortex since now its more like a 50/50 chance of getting it so don't even get me started on seth I think besides akuma and seth having great combos and options all they have is more like combos and damage out put with again delayed wake up. I think the future for akuma players is to swtich to ibuki she has health good health and can do much better in this version than akuma anyways the reason why I also say trash and I think tokido is being rather humble when he says b for akuma is cause akuma is the type of character that is either meant to be op or nothing will work mid tier is trash and not meant for a character like akuma seth

goron_ninja said on July 5, 2014 at 12:20 p.m.

I never knew Daigo was such a whiner. He complained about everything even saying no one showed the true power of Fei Long and Cammy so they weren't nerfed.

Um how about Fuudo, Mago, Alioune, KBrad, and co.?

Kuroneko said on July 5, 2014 at 12:25 p.m.

Dogs4Dinner said on July 5, 2014 at 12:25 p.m.

Personally I'd put Akuma in Adon's place. He's still a better character than Adon specially now since Adon was nerfed.

Yung said on July 5, 2014 at 12:27 p.m.

Yeah, character loyalty for the win !

SonicfanQ said on July 5, 2014 at 12:28 p.m.

Man Akuma is not that low lol a a tier is where he should be. He is still a very very good character.

KingKong said on July 5, 2014 at 12:34 p.m.

Juri AA tier, as strong as Evil Ryu? Come now, this is getting ridiculously out of hand.

AriesWarlock said on July 5, 2014 at 12:37 p.m.

I guess we'll see during a year how tiers pan out. Personally, I think Juri needed that buff they removed in the final version cr. LK link to cr. MK.

WongFactor said on July 5, 2014 at 12:44 p.m.

Why is it so hard to belive Juri is top tier? I've always thought she was a great character. What are her weaknesses?

HmpLghtng said on July 5, 2014 at 12:48 p.m.

I don't agree with Rolento and Elena being that low.

DougQuaidHauser said on July 5, 2014 at 12:51 p.m.

Sounds like we have a salty online akuma here......not enough free wins then?

SAMURAI said on July 5, 2014 at 12:51 p.m.

Not sure if serious or trolling.
Akuma & Rolento way to low. Chun should be higher also.

thf24 said on July 5, 2014 at 12:52 p.m.

Blows your mind, huh? It blows my mind that anyone honestly thinks the vortex wasn't way too strong. Of course you're going to think delayed wakeup is a bad thing if you thought vortex characters were ok as they were. No, DWU was a great addition (even though it didn't fix 100% of the broken stuff... hopefully those fixes are still coming). Sorry you have to learn to play Street Fighter the right way just like everyone else now.

FallenProphecy said on July 5, 2014 at 12:53 p.m.

I think most Akuma players including myself (well online warriors at least) will acknowledge that despite the delayed wake up nerf in regards to his vortex, the far standing hp and close standing forward buffs still make him a very strong character. He's still top 5 in my eyes for sure.

Kumageri said on July 5, 2014 at 12:56 p.m.

Some of us will stick with Dee Jay no matter what. This beat won't stop.

SnakeX said on July 5, 2014 at 12:59 p.m.

A few points to be made:

1. I'm more interested in seeing each player's personal list rather than a compromised one, as the interview gave off a feeling that there were quite a few disagreements about the placement of certain characters.

2. It is a shame that Rolento got hit so hard between the arcade and console versions. He's good as long as he can maintain his offense but the second he has to play defense it's all downhill.
I feel like he should have at least kept his invincible EX Patriot Circle as his go-to "get of me" move, because the Japanese players aren't exaggerating when they say he really doesn't have anything. Using his EX wall dive and EX backflip rolls on wake up are risky and generally only work against people not familiar with Rolento's options.

3. Daigo is right in saying that it definitely seems as if some characters got hit particularly hard simply because of certain players' performances rather than the characters' own merits. Gen is by FAR the most obvious example of this. For a character that wasn't a HUGE threat to begin with, he got more significant nerfs than the likes of Cammy, Akuma, and Fei Long.

enkil said on July 5, 2014 at 1 p.m.

Humble yet confident. I like this guy.

Rahavic said on July 5, 2014 at 1:03 p.m.

Illuminati chart :V

6748 said on July 5, 2014 at 1:04 p.m.

@DougQuaidHauser @#9 broken stuff vortex too strong? that makes no sense but it makes more sense to destroy vortex characters just cause vortex is too strong and adding that stupid delayed wake up I have to learn to play street fighter like everyone else? hmm lets think about that learning to play street fighter like everyone else means that we should get rid of vortex characters because it's too strong and I can't handle it yes that would make me a salty scrub like pr barlog if you want to destroy vortex characters that is destroying the game why? cause there are characters for advanced players and ken for scrubs like you have fun

steamc4tz said on July 5, 2014 at 1:06 p.m.

No, please stop!

Aluppoj said on July 5, 2014 at 1:08 p.m.

I don't agree with the character placement 100%. But overall this is the best (IMHO) that I've seen.

The placement of the majority captures the feel of the way the game is currently getting played.

King_Kazma said on July 5, 2014 at 1:11 p.m.

I don't think that there's anyone on the list they've heavily overrated but maybe about a half dozen (Elena, Rolento, T Hawk, Poison in particular) that they've underrated at least to a degree. Especially Elena, in fact: nooooo way she's Dee Jay tier.

Gonbebe said on July 5, 2014 at 1:13 p.m.

I agree with most of this list however, I would rate Sakura and Akuma in A rank.

Also the new characters are whack, very unpolished in design. Digital download has been a beta test thus far.

spotlesseden said on July 5, 2014 at 1:15 p.m.

Akuma is not very good. Even Infiltration can't win with akuma anymore.
He is only using akuma for his good matchups now. He picks other characters for other matchups.

ZaaawMBeh said on July 5, 2014 at 1:17 p.m.

Bro, do you even punctuation?

Sadisticcupid said on July 5, 2014 at 1:19 p.m.

"adding that stupid delayed wake up I have to learn to play street fighter like everyone else"

after this sentence you should not be taken seriously at all and honestly all i'm hearing is "i don't have a win button and need to know more than three mix ups".

Go play marvel.

Gailim said on July 5, 2014 at 1:22 p.m.

Not even these guys can make a tier list after so little time

have this conversation again in a year and I might be interested in their tiers.

Kuroneko said on July 5, 2014 at 1:23 p.m.

NMS84 said on July 5, 2014 at 1:27 p.m.

The article was a really interesting read. Great job!

Gotomaster said on July 5, 2014 at 1:29 p.m.

Really, I didn't get the feeling he was arrogant in the talk. He seemed more assertive on his stances, but that's all I got from it.

richard713 said on July 5, 2014 at 1:30 p.m.

the anti-Ryu instead of anti-fireball moves that Daigo mentioned is very interesting view, I never think of it.
I guess is kinda on purpose cus there're so many Ryu players. if a character lack of anti-Ryu moves they will have a lot of trouble playing this game.

Chuck_Remixed said on July 5, 2014 at 1:30 p.m.

Kazunoko had me lmao

6748 said on July 5, 2014 at 1:30 p.m.

@ZaaawMBeh now I know am lowing myself when paying attention to people like you but nothing is more fun than smacking people with logic and putting them in there place you think you can challenge me but it's fun so smack people like you and put them in there place first off whats most funny is am chuckling at your statement even though you put out an insult towards mine:D secondly am giving you a reason to bicker about something that way I won't have you feeling left out cause your salty at the fact that you can't hit my argument .

@Sadisticcupid

Go play marvel.

I think you need that win button clearly cause you accept delayed wake up like the rest of the scrubs who were to whiny to learn how to beat vortex characters but hey its ok you got your win button and insulting marvel? I mean really? LOL ok no need to say anymore you just proved my point even more facepalm

wahh lets get rid of the intricacy of the game just cause I want to play the game in basics wah wah LOL I for one love to go beyond basics and having the game more advanced and challenging makes it more fun but capcom just continues to make this game more basic why? cause of scrubs they need to make it noob friendly cause noobs will be more attracted to the game bring more customers so I can sort of understand but at the same time congrats lets destroy most of the game mechanics

BlackOnyxThunder said on July 5, 2014 at 1:37 p.m.

The beat stopped, when Deejay's heart dropped. DEEJAY, IS DEAD... SON!

Sadisticcupid said on July 5, 2014 at 1:37 p.m.

I play viper ;)

blackerthancoal said on July 5, 2014 at 1:39 p.m.

huh? he 6-1'd momochi with akuma in ceo 2014 grand finals pretty convincingly, and has been doing spectacularly in every tournament he's entered since usf4 hit. he's counterpicked with chun, ryu, and hakan for matches he didn't like, but he already did that back in v2012 often. there's really not much difference in his performance now and back then, he's still pretty strong.

Darc_Requiem said on July 5, 2014 at 1:42 p.m.

That was a really good read. The personalities of each player really showed through. There is always the impression that Japanese players are overly stoic. They have personalities just like we do. Poor Kazunoko was really getting is balls busted by the other players.

ZaaawMBeh said on July 5, 2014 at 1:47 p.m.

I honestly didn't even read your comments. It's so unreadable. My 12 year old cousin could type out a more readable paragraph.

This is why we stay in school kids.

6748 said on July 5, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.

@ Sadisticcupid you still want to play? fine

still doesn't matter whether you play a vortex character or not I play ibuki and others are saying she got better because of the delayed wake up but am not a scrub to accept my vortex character to get better and lets everyone else get worse its not about favourtism its about being non biased and ding whats best for the game obviously capcom has more than proven that they can't handle that responsibility as a gaming company and I hope they get sold out to someone who actually cares for the game now point 2 is sort of like ibuki but am not a viper expert here so forgive me if my knowledge is not correct but she has good damage health and speed even with out the vortex and if am correct she isnt a heavy vortex character like akuma and seth which now like i said are trash grabage these two characters are either meant to have all their tools or they are in error and need fixing and they need fixing

spotlesseden said on July 5, 2014 at 1:59 p.m.

Ibuki is a heavy vortex character. Stupid capcom listen to fans options. They nerf weak characters for no reason. I feel sad for Xian, he mastered a mid tier character that nobody can master, now he got punished for winning. this is stupid balance. Nerf dp fadc is stupid as well.

TheKillerKiwi said on July 5, 2014 at 2:02 p.m.

That was hilarious especially the banter about kazunoko and yun. He remained loyal (mostly) and is now being rewarded, ignore them kaz :P

They all seem like really chill guys. Can't wait for EVO.

kenshin220 said on July 5, 2014 at 2:02 p.m.

lol wooow they pretty much all said they don't wanna play PR rog thats real

6748 said on July 5, 2014 at 2:04 p.m.

@ZaaawMBeh its so unreadable but yet you seem so salty about something so hard to understand is it cause you are spanked with logic? boo boo :D

You honestly didn't read my comments but yet it made you salty enough to make a response to it:D

little boy it's ok I know i hurt your pride just cause I called anyone who excepts delayed wake up a scrub and you are one of them if you can't understand what am saying just cause am missing a comma here than my friend get glasses cause there it still falls under the category of readable btw

you know ono? he doesnt right proper in english but yet everyone seems to understand him and he doesn't usually even spell properly and you guys get the point? why? cause you guys are being exposed as scrubs and you don't like it but its ok am giving you an excuse like I said just so your defeat won't be that hard to swallow next please

KarbyP said on July 5, 2014 at 2:11 p.m.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to mention that, in case you hadn't noticed, Mad Catz's Zhi was the one who translated the entireeee super long transcript for 4Gamer.

That's not only a helluva lot of words to translate (take it from a guy who sometimes translates things in full for fun... this amount of text is insane), but we all owe him a great deal of thanks for making all of it legible. Because Zhi speaks our language -- and I don't mean "English".

We've updated the story to mention that Zhi translated it -- like many of you, we had no idea it was Zhi until we reached the very end of the 3-page article.

I thought it was Dio.

6748 said on July 5, 2014 at 2:14 p.m.

@48 yeah i know shes a heavy vortex char but my point is people are saying she got better with the stupid delayed wake up but besides that she isn't in a bad situation like akuma and seth thats my point they have bad health and they solely rely on vortex situation and yes I agree gen should not have gotten nerfs why cause? every time someone is doing well with a character or winning majors all of a sudden it's a great excuse to take away their tools no capcom no that's not balance and like i said in another post people adapt and get better so they won't always be winning know i know what your gonna say no well people can adapt even with a bad character no that's not an excuse to destroy a characters tools look at what they did with seth they removed allot of his tools why? oh cause its broken lool capcom logic as the stupid delayed wake up vortex is broken we must make it more noob friendly and allow new players to have to be on the same playing field as someone who put the time to learn the game and no am not making this up capcom has stated this many times with game saying they want to make the game so that anyone who picks up the game can win wtf?

KingKong said on July 5, 2014 at 2:15 p.m.

As for Juri being top tier:

on paper, I can see why anyone would consider her as extremely strong. In reality though, I haven't seen any conclusive evidence that she is actually that serious of a threat.

In any case let's just say that so far she is not one of the characters who can "win rounds in 10 seconds" as Daigo would put it.

dorayaki said on July 5, 2014 at 2:21 p.m.

Perhaps they should've had this discussion BEFORE the final edit to the game.

cmlights said on July 5, 2014 at 2:26 p.m.

lawlll :)
Kazunoko: "Is Poison really that strong? I used Yun to play against her and didn't sense anything spectacular."
(everyone laughs)
Bonchan: "Will every conversation end this way with Kazunoko?"

Raven said on July 5, 2014 at 2:30 p.m.

Wow....anyone scared because Yun is sitting at S tier? Lol, I hope that's a joke.

Also, I don't understand why the new characters aren't stronger....jeez Capcom.

ZaaawMBeh said on July 5, 2014 at 2:32 p.m.

Lol I don't even know what subject you are talking about, I just responded to your comment because of how bad it looked. But hey look, you're getting a little better.

You're welcome.

waarth said on July 5, 2014 at 2:33 p.m.

Your calling vortex advanced? Vortex is the most brain dead type of playing there is. It's no risk high reward. The only way out of it prior to delayed wakeup was to guess correctly, but that still left you at a disadvantage since they vortex character is still the one applying pressure. And your saying Akuma is complete garbage without vortex only further proves your just a salty online warrior scrub. He still has very damaging combos, great footsie tools, great wakeup options, and 2 useful ultras!

Gotomaster said on July 5, 2014 at 2:39 p.m.

I'll be honest, I don't like Daigo's grown apathy towards tournaments. After learning about how much he makes a year, I can understand if tournaments don't really do anything to really help him on a financial level, but I don't think it should come down to that only. I think he is missing out on some great new talent arising, such as Smug, and Jayce The Ace. In all honesty, I feel the true reason to enter a tournament is for the chance to meet new people, and enjoy the thrills of a hype event. I feel he lost this way of thinking along the way.

RedRapperSux said on July 5, 2014 at 2:39 p.m.

I don't know why I read the comments. I always end up face palming.

Tapion817 said on July 5, 2014 at 2:40 p.m.

I was hoping Elena wasn't top tier that way I can enjoy her all to myself, but after maining her since Ultra release and getting Top 64 at CEO, could have beaten Dunhill, I understand the struggle she has due to her nerfs and input glitches. Hopefully they address her and many other issues soon.

MetalxHealthx said on July 5, 2014 at 2:43 p.m.

pretty good list IMO, still too early to say on most of the new characters though.

Anon said on July 5, 2014 at 2:46 p.m.

"Bonchan: Of course I'll be fine. Its just PR Balrog."

LOL, burn!

waarth said on July 5, 2014 at 2:47 p.m.

It's not just the comma, it's complete lack of all punctuation, spelling errors, incorrect words, etc... You use the wrong version of accept, write, and it's. Any adult who writes this way is pathetic and should be more worried about his own illiteracy than a video game.
Also not knowing even the basics of what a characters play-style is(Viper)yet calling anyone who plays ken a scrub is extremely hypocritical and inconsistent.

Gotomaster said on July 5, 2014 at 2:51 p.m.

Judging by what has been said this whole discussion, I want Tokido to beat Rog, and Rog to beat Bonchan. lol

Svuag said on July 5, 2014 at 2:55 p.m.

Daigo wanting charge characters to be weak was disgusting

ExNami said on July 5, 2014 at 2:55 p.m.

Big Shoutout to Zhi for translating that ludicrously long discussion. All the jokes and nuances were all intact and made for a very fun read. Quality translation

PrideOfTosa said on July 5, 2014 at 3 p.m.

A deeply fascinating read. This is what I've been wanting for a long time now, a really in-depth look at the state of the game - and it was pretty much all good news for me. I admit I had a lot of negativity regarding Makoto's changes, but hey...if the top players of the game all feel she is better off now, I'm nobody to argue. I'm extremely pleased that - at GREAT LENGTH - she has finally regained the high tier position she once held in Third Strike. She deserves it.

Another piece of happy news was that they all feel Poison is the best of the new characters, although I actually disagree with the comments that "her damage output is low" and that she's essentially a pure zoner in the vein of Guile. My impression of her design philosophy as stated by Combofiend is that while she may have good zoning tools, her real damage comes when you get in close, and that's actually how she is supposed to be played. Hopefully sooner or later we'll see some great Poison character specialist show everybody what she can do.

Chi_Shinobi said on July 5, 2014 at 3:03 p.m.

"Conversely, I would make balance Evil Ryu's fast footspeed and high power output by making his crouching MK -> hadouken more difficult to connect." The hell is Daigo smoking?

WongFactor said on July 5, 2014 at 3:34 p.m.

Daigo thinks E. Ryu's cr.mk to fireball being a true block string is ridiculous. I agree if Ryu can't have that as a true block string then why does E.Ryu get it? E.Ryu is already better than Ryu in every way.

topdawg122 said on July 5, 2014 at 3:41 p.m.

Fantastic read and judging from these comments its very clear a lot of you don't understand the game or it's mechanics.

TheTHCGamer said on July 5, 2014 at 3:44 p.m.

Yea but Tokido even stated he's right to some extent but yea it's mostly because Tokido is that damn good.

TaokakaBOOM said on July 5, 2014 at 3:47 p.m.

I like how the guy defending vortex is saying how intricate it was when it was basically a game of rock-paper-scissors. Get real man, that sh1t was horribly inbalanced and took AWAY skill from the matchup. The weaker it is, the more characters who were weak to it can thrive, making the game healthier.

Gotomaster said on July 5, 2014 at 3:50 p.m.

Tokido is too humble for his own good. lol

FADCTAUNT said on July 5, 2014 at 3:56 p.m.

I don't agree that Dhalsim should be that high when he has some really horrible match ups. And if Adon can be in A tier, Dudley and Rufus should be too.

TheAlmightyVox said on July 5, 2014 at 4:07 p.m.

So, reading through your comments here and looking at your profile, it's obvious that you think you know everything about this game, despite the fact that your knowledge is equal to that of a day one player.

SeriphAngel said on July 5, 2014 at 4:11 p.m.

Not surprised about Chun since every good buff she got as usual people moaned and flailed and continually called her broken soon after. Sometimes I wonder how a character would turn out with out bias fans having a hand in their re-balancing....

Chi_Shinobi said on July 5, 2014 at 4:18 p.m.

No E Ryu is not suddenly better than Ryu in every way. He barely changed from AE 2012. Ryu still has better zoning, anti airs, life, and easier links. A better Super and punish game with faster normals. Combos into sweep and crouch fierce. There are plenty of things Ryu can do that E Ryu can not so how is E Ryu better in everyway? Overhyped! Also his Cr Mk hadou is not a true blockstring. I tested it and C Viper can Ex whatever her ground pound move is through it. plus his cr mk is slower and has a huge hurtbox.

TheTTimeLives said on July 5, 2014 at 4:22 p.m.

No way Akuma is that low. Tokido is just one dimensional.

And yea, Juri is not that high because her life is low, her fireball game requires you to do another move (innately leaves holes and makes you more predictable. Also can make real pressure difficult), her meter less damage is meh, she has trouble pressuring opponents backwards and her ultra requires alot of knowledge on it's own to use effectively.

TorTorVega said on July 5, 2014 at 4:31 p.m.

I never thought I'd see the day when someone called Tokido of all people one dimensional. His character has been nerfed the way he plays it, so now he has to learn how to get back to that level playing it a different way. If they nerfed his ground game instead, Infiltration would be in more or less the same boat. Actually infiltration would have a slight edge, because as much as I like the dude he sometimes plays lame as hell.

capra said on July 5, 2014 at 4:59 p.m.

still don't understand how makoto is being rated so high on all these things, unless there are some crazy red focus setups. the ex fukaige does not make up for her heavy ultra nerfs, increased karakusa recovery, and game changing tsurugi nerfs. Not even close.

jeffyaguiar said on July 5, 2014 at 5 p.m.

Fei long top tier I never understand this...Never lose this trash...I Have Blanka go on Fei Long... No way Fei long, no way, sorry...

ThaBigDaddyCMaster said on July 5, 2014 at 5 p.m.

Why does Ryu get a 5 frame cr mk while Evil Eyu gets a 7 frame. That's their design and Ryu has better normals.

Evil Ryu is not better in every way, not in footsies or zoning either. Ryu has 50 more health, 100 more stun, better super and easier combos. Evil Ryu might be better, but Ryu is far from useless.

Ryu already has his cr mk safer in this version too.

6748 said on July 5, 2014 at 5:01 p.m.

@waarth pure scrub right there nothing is gonna get more basic than ken and ryu but yet why don't you call them brain dead? my friend you are a scrub whiny scrub too learn the game if you took the time to practise and not complain so much you would be a pro by now

@waarth but yet ic mistakes in your own sentence LOL is that all you grammar natzies can do only insult on one thing come on do better:D your owned and thats all you got:D
LOL you are judging me for my errors but yet I have already found mistakes in your sentence and on top of that look up the word scrub my friend cause you are a scrub vortex is part of the characters so shut up suck it up and learn the game instead whining about but no scrubs can't do that I have a legitimate logical argument you don't see? Vortex is part of the characters and removing it makes the game more basics and leaves it more easy for scrubs like yourself who are too whiny to learn how to block and adapt but no you can't do that cause your a sheep like pr barlog wah wah wah cry some more

@ZaaawMBeh thank you try:D I tried to make it more easier for you to understand hehe

@TheAlmightyVox scrub look at your own comments

swagthug666 said on July 5, 2014 at 5:05 p.m.

Seriously remondo, i can understand not wanting to be always seen as "that one",
but eventhough i wasn't usually in agreement with your claims i respected you.seeing you announcing your retirement and then coming back with a new account is ridiculous , if you don't like people on this website just don't comment ,like many people do, including myself,or deal with the hate

ltalia90 said on July 5, 2014 at 5:14 p.m.

Itazan: So does that mean you will split between Evil Ryu and Ryu?

Daigo: No, I'm done with Ryu.

I cry everytiem.

WongFactor said on July 5, 2014 at 5:33 p.m.

Ryu has better zoning but like Daigo said there are many characters with anti-ryu moves.

KingKong said on July 5, 2014 at 5:34 p.m.

Remondo you sneaky snake. So you ragequit then come back incognito like a freaking ninja.

caruga said on July 5, 2014 at 5:35 p.m.

Why are they all suddenly noticing Yun now? It's not like he didn't exist in 2012.

Then again I know better than to disregard what Daigo says: he called it correctly a few days after the release of 2012 saying Cammy and Akuma were the strongest.

FADCTAUNT said on July 5, 2014 at 5:42 p.m.

I still don't get why Yun is meant to be so good, sure he has a good red focus connector but so do most the cast. I think Cammy is going to be the best in the game still.

TheAlmightyVox said on July 5, 2014 at 5:57 p.m.

Dude, your comments show a clear lack of knowledge for anything regarding the game. Your comments also show signs of borderline illiteracy.

Chi_Shinobi said on July 5, 2014 at 6:16 p.m.

You don't think all those anti-Ryu moves work on E Ryu?

6748 said on July 5, 2014 at 6:18 p.m.

@TheAlmightyVox facepalm do please do please please read your comments scrub

Linuxthefallen said on July 5, 2014 at 6:22 p.m.

I fine this comment offensive lol. I played Sagat I was playing street fighter correctly and they nerfed the hell out of me

WongFactor said on July 5, 2014 at 6:24 p.m.

Unlike the other characters when Yun connects red focus he does a ridiculous amount of stun.

yes4me said on July 5, 2014 at 6:24 p.m.

I predict an American to win EVO USF4. A few Japanese players still have to fight the odd of thousands of random games... not going to happen.

ltalia90 said on July 5, 2014 at 6:39 p.m.

Ever since they changed top 8 to 3/5, it's PR Rog or bust for America right now.

You could argue for 3/4 US players to have an outside shot at making top 8 but I can't see anybody but Rog doing well in longer sets against the elite. That extra game of breathing room makes a hell of a difference.

I hope there's an underdog story, though. Whether it's from the US or Europe, having a surprise player go deep would be hype.

Captainbuttocks said on July 5, 2014 at 6:44 p.m.

Dear EH, please ban this guy and his wordsearch comments. My head hurts.

Cerevega_Alexandersson said on July 5, 2014 at 7:05 p.m.

Little Jimmy, isn't it past your bedtime? Also, who let you on the family computer and why are you making accounts on fighting game websites? You know your English is extremely poor and you're just going to make a fool out of yourself. Now, apologise to all these nice people you called "scrubs." It's childish name-calling and... let's be fair... slightly hypocritical. I'm very disappointed in you...

Load more comments