Double Galactus is the most broken thing you'll see all day - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 "save hack" CMV ft. triple Phoenix Wright team, and more

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • July 1, 2014 at 2:14 p.m. PDT

Pen7Ninja put together a brand new Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 combo video that utilizes the "save hack" trick -- a procedure that allows players to choose three of the same character on one team.

This CMV features triple squads of Wesker, Dr. Strange, Phoenix Wright, and more as they pull off some incredibly crazy sequences.

Additionally, this video gives Galactus some time in the spotlight, as a way to make him playable using the save hack trick was also discovered recently. What's better than one broken, playable boss character that takes up almost the entire screen? Two of them. Double Galactus is the most broken thing you'll see all day.

Submitted anonymously.

Comments

EagleBirdMan said on July 1, 2014 at 2:19 p.m.

Most broken, but funniest thing I've seen all day

gost_body said on July 1, 2014 at 2:19 p.m.

Why can galactus do team super??

Capcom are the biggest trolls.

aflashlight said on July 1, 2014 at 2:20 p.m.

Ah I miss the hotel with the creepy white haired granny, tell me again where that was Zack.

big2033 said on July 1, 2014 at 2:21 p.m.

The music just adds to how broken this s#@t is lol.

Wardog said on July 1, 2014 at 2:23 p.m.

Are people abusing the character clone glitch, online?

mario3d said on July 1, 2014 at 2:24 p.m.

Horrible meh for this game

rakuko said on July 1, 2014 at 2:25 p.m.

i really love triple Wesker. the synchronization on that last Wesker combo was amazing.

Sadisticcupid said on July 1, 2014 at 2:28 p.m.

i've walked into abandoned halls of mirrors less broken then this.

COREY_1993 said on July 1, 2014 at 2:31 p.m.

scrubs... id defeat it no problems...

vII_BATMAN_IIv said on July 1, 2014 at 2:37 p.m.

Those crazy Galactus brothers are at it again! *cheesy 70's sitcom opening starts up*

king_e_dawg said on July 1, 2014 at 2:38 p.m.

Has anyone played around with only picking two of a certain character? Is that possible? I can't recall if I've seen it yet. I play Team Big Bodies and Sentinel is hit or miss for me, so I'd almost definitely swap him out for an extra Hulk or Haggar. Probably Haggar, so if I lose the assist, I've still got lariat in reserve! Oh, you thought the lariat mixups were over? NOPE!

NoizyChild said on July 1, 2014 at 2:38 p.m.

I have yet to see it, and I play just about every night after work on XBL.

I'm hearing that Galactus is running wild on PS3, though, but lolPS3Marvel.

chowdizzle said on July 1, 2014 at 2:47 p.m.

I mean, Galactus f.L by itself is already an infinite. It causes a hard knock down and OTGs, thus f.L loops infinitely, but usually kills in 4-5 hits anyways.

So I mean, double Galactus can only be so much more broken.

Edit: Okay I take it back, that was 100x times more broken LOL.

I hate playing Marvel so you bet your ass if I could I'd go online with this XD

humanspider said on July 1, 2014 at 3:13 p.m.

I don't own this game so i can't try it but i was wondering when Galactus is own your team and you switch into him, will the character say "galactus!"? and vice versa

DarknessFallz said on July 1, 2014 at 3:37 p.m.

Scoop loops all day

Wintry said on July 1, 2014 at 3:46 p.m.

Unstoppable, indeed.

MakeSense said on July 1, 2014 at 4:10 p.m.

No amount of training no amount of training can prepare you prepare you for galactus galactus.

SirKenjamin said on July 1, 2014 at 4:26 p.m.

-_- just -_-

bagel_bytez said on July 1, 2014 at 4:28 p.m.

That was by far and away the most pitiful, lousiest, worst, most disturbingly crappy cover of a mario theme I have ever heard in my life. It was ear bleedingly appalling. And tbh I'm not usually picking about stuff like that, but this was worse than the techno/dance remix of pink Floyd's "the wall" what an abomination.

RandomJohn said on July 1, 2014 at 4:34 p.m.

Every time I see Galactus, I always think how Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silversurfer was a colossal failure in portraying Galactus. That movie would have been so much better if it was portrayed the correct way.

Crazcar said on July 1, 2014 at 5:06 p.m.

Mario? Evidently someone never played Deadly Premonition.

caramell_dragon said on July 1, 2014 at 5:07 p.m.

That's actually a song from Deadly Premonition, the game so bad it's good. I can see the Mario vibe though.

LittleScumbag said on July 1, 2014 at 5:14 p.m.

i see what you did there ;)

Ranshi said on July 1, 2014 at 5:26 p.m.

Clear as a crisp spring morning!

bagel_bytez said on July 1, 2014 at 5:35 p.m.

Omg! Yah, very unfamiliar with deadly premonition. Slightly emarrassed. Listen to it again and tell me it's not some weird bizarro world depressing version of that super Mario world theme... I think mario should have a word with mr. Deadly premonition, maybe in the next smash : p

Alfiebo said on July 1, 2014 at 5:40 p.m.

Life is indeed beautiful

yes4me said on July 1, 2014 at 5:49 p.m.

Online gameplay please! =D

GaryTheStreamMonster said on July 1, 2014 at 6:07 p.m.

Eventually you hit a point where "why?" becomes "why not?"

RunnersKnee said on July 1, 2014 at 7:33 p.m.

Aww man I need to see me some online gameplay!!

Tragedy said on July 1, 2014 at 7:57 p.m.

Triple Galactus is more broken.

blzd said on July 1, 2014 at 8:20 p.m.

i once fought a virgil thor galactus team and won

VileEighty said on July 1, 2014 at 8:41 p.m.

I've seen plenty on XBL, not one has been any good. I could probably even get you names because their exit almost always came with rage mail.

xShonuffx said on July 1, 2014 at 8:45 p.m.

Now im REALLY afraid to play online. UMvC3 is now only worth playing offline. No more online for me and that's IF I get back into it. Really sad Capcom let t his franchise die so fast.

MuSSJ said on July 1, 2014 at 9:03 p.m.

Of course they are.

JakePeskin said on July 1, 2014 at 9:38 p.m.

What's funny is that this music fits the video about as well as it fit its cutscenes Deadly Premonition.

MuffinMan said on July 1, 2014 at 10:55 p.m.

xShonuffx said on July 2, 2014 at 6:02 a.m.

IF im not mistaken, I think (at least on Xbox Live) you can report people who use glitches through Xbox Live alone. Even though its not their game they have a very serious policy on hacks, cheats, and glitches that ruin the normal games experience and this would qualify. You would simply have to select their profile and report them. Of course its not instant, they would have to build a repertory real quick, then get investigated.

Its probably why they are running wild on PSN as opposed to Xbox Live because Live has a built in system for reporting people.

theshredder39 said on July 2, 2014 at 9:15 a.m.

Capcom are trolls for cutting stuff out that we wouldn't know unless we hacked the game, okay. Did you really want to play a team of two Galactuses that badly?

DarkPhoenixRises said on July 2, 2014 at 1 p.m.

I've ran into the save hack about four times since it was first discovered, everytime is was a team of extra doom or extra virgil, never seen a galactus online lol but I want too, anyway you're right about the banning thing, Xbox does ban for the save hack its written in plain English in the rules of conduct that even tampered saved files that disrupt the normal game play will result in permanent bans and considering how salty marvel players are in general, you better believe people are going to report. My brother plays marvel on ps3 but not online think I will be borrowing his just to experience the madness lol

BumbleBrady said on July 2, 2014 at 3:26 p.m.

Yes, but most people aren't being bad about it. Most might use clone characters but, in my experience, ask if I'm ok with it before doing it.

theshredder39 said on July 3, 2014 at 2:51 p.m.

The banning better start soon, it's only a matter of time before we see infinite health hacks.

DevilMaySpy said on July 3, 2014 at 3:53 p.m.

This music gives the vibe of someone shrugging their shoulders without a care in the world. Seems fitting.

DestinyZX1 said on July 4, 2014 at 9:27 a.m.

It does seem fitting. Very fitting.