Players being wrongfully sent to Killer Instinct's rage quit jail when opponents disconnect, Double Helix currently looking into the issue

Posted by DreamKing23
January 31, 2014 at 5 p.m. PST

This morning's Killer Instinct update added a new method of punishing players that rage quit. Those who have a disconnect percentage of 15% or higher are sent to a "rage quitter jail" for 24 hours in which they can only face other players who also inhabit the jail.

It has been reported by numerous users of the Double Helix Games forums that some players have been wrongly cast into rage quit jail as a result of their opponent disconnecting. One can identify if they have been sent away by the jail bar icon that replaces your custom icon next to your gamertag.

Hit the jump to read more.

There have also been reports of game freezes and de-syncs during ranked matches being alternate causes of players being jailed.

Killer Instinct producer Michael Willette addressed these reports on Twitter, saying that he and his team are currently looking into the issue.

Below is Mike's tweet. Have you been wrongfully put into rage quitter jail since this morning's update? Feel free to share your story in the comments below.

Source: Double Helix Games forums. Image.

Comments

DevilMaySpy said on January 31, 2014 at 5:03 p.m.

Several people on TestYourmight have complained about this.

BrokenPad said on January 31, 2014 at 5:03 p.m.

Still the best idea for dealing with ragequiters ever.

sarif2soon said on January 31, 2014 at 5:04 p.m.

CDjr went to jail after fighting Maximilian and getting a de-sync. LOL

Dreamking23 said on January 31, 2014 at 5:05 p.m.

Can you drop a link to that thread, please? I'll get it linked up in the story.

pants4ever said on January 31, 2014 at 5:06 p.m.

SnakeX said on January 31, 2014 at 5:06 p.m.

Those are some pretty big oversights. Makes me wonder how thoroughly the jail feature was tested before being put out.

Dias4Flac said on January 31, 2014 at 5:07 p.m.

how do you get sent to jail in the first place and what does it mean?

Anyone care to explain? Thanks!

FightingGameLover90 said on January 31, 2014 at 5:09 p.m.

eh just pull a Cody and bust out xD

sarif2soon said on January 31, 2014 at 5:10 p.m.

Explanation here:

GreedyMcGurgleburg said on January 31, 2014 at 5:12 p.m.

That is sad. Best thing to do is play offline till they fix the problem.

rodzillaj3 said on January 31, 2014 at 5:13 p.m.

It is a great idea but I don't like that I too am suffering from this. Two people raged on me and now I'm in jail. They will fix this soon I'm sure.

Villest1 said on January 31, 2014 at 5:16 p.m.

Just happened to me. Game froze up while loading the stage in ranked so I had to quit out. When I returned I had jail bars where my custom icon was supposed to be.

Sickn3s said on January 31, 2014 at 5:16 p.m.

I was wrongfully put into jail Oo KMillsZ Oo is my XBL my oppenent quit on me in my rank up match during the middle of my ultra

Shadic3r said on January 31, 2014 at 5:17 p.m.

LOL

cuzzo said on January 31, 2014 at 5:17 p.m.

Yea I kinda knew this would happen, there's no way to tell why a person disconnects so to put them in jail because of *accudental* frequent disconnects becAsue of a system that rates as if it were intentional is half thought through. That's kinda on the lines of guilty by assosciation laws. Not to sound so extreme but it is what it is. The fact is accidental disconnects happen, and people who do RQ seem to be gettin away with it anyway. Best ase scenario, play with folks in your area with the same connection as you I guess.... Or travel out to tournys and folks homes.

BlackOnyxThunder said on January 31, 2014 at 5:20 p.m.

I knew this was a bad idea man BAD IDEA!!! MAN MAN MAAAN!!!
Anyways let me be more formal.

Villest1 said on January 31, 2014 at 5:21 p.m.

Also isn't a player suppose to have ABOVE 15% DISCONNECT rate in order to go to jail in the first place?

GREAT JOB DH...

Mike_Z said on January 31, 2014 at 5:32 p.m.

Once again, there is NO WAY for either side to reliably tell who disconnected. None. Zero. Any conceivable guessing method can be circumvented for someone's loss or gain.

jme said on January 31, 2014 at 5:34 p.m.

Damn didnt this JUST come out?

Darc_Requiem said on January 31, 2014 at 5:47 p.m.

Somebody call the Innocence Project

kingkwasia said on January 31, 2014 at 5:51 p.m.

If players dc they should be able to reconnect to the same game with in a set time

TrueGamingGuru said on January 31, 2014 at 5:52 p.m.

That really sucks when the online had to punish people with the Jail for wrong reasons, I knew something like was bound to happen didn't expect this to be today. I do seriously hope Double Helix will fix that issue, but its best to take GreedyMcGurgleburg's advice is to play offline until they fix the issue.

NotPoongko said on January 31, 2014 at 5:52 p.m.

Not gonna lie...I saw this coming, was really hoping to be wrong though :(

ExNami said on January 31, 2014 at 5:57 p.m.

Wow I'm sure the KI team meant good with this jail feature but wow did they screw up royally.

perfume said on January 31, 2014 at 5:59 p.m.

LOL

calypsx said on January 31, 2014 at 6:01 p.m.

In a way this is just like real life. People sometimes go to jail for the actions of others.

Maybe they were going for a somewhat more realistic portrayal of the justice system?

Orichalkos said on January 31, 2014 at 6:02 p.m.

This is just too easy now =/

Ermapume said on January 31, 2014 at 6:04 p.m.

I think once the kinks have been worked out this JAIL feature will go smoother. Can't say for sure but I would love for this to work.

Storm179 said on January 31, 2014 at 6:22 p.m.

Yep, happened to me within half an hour of playing online. Ran into the same guy 4 times, and our connection was really wonky. He beat me once, I beat him once, and the other two matches disconnected. Then we met one final time, and I guess he left as soon as it started. Next thing I know, I'm matched up against a guy with a jail icon. I'm like "eh?" and then realize that I've got one too. Good times...

AugustAPC said on January 31, 2014 at 6:22 p.m.

I still hold that this was an awful idea... not only does it tell rage-quitters how many times they can get away with it before being penalized... it's broken and inefficient. All they had to do was dock players like triple the amount of points they would normally lose and that would do the trick. Only rage-quitters are superficial enough to care about points.

Anyway, I had someone drop from my match and was instantly sent to jail. My first match in jail actually ended up freezing the game after I won.

Such a overcomplicated and sloppy system for something that could be such simply resolved.

xShonuffx said on January 31, 2014 at 6:28 p.m.

Wrongfully jailed? Sounds like the US Justice System.

Baddap Bap.

Nothing? Nothing? Ok, i'll go now.

OhYouDontSayThat said on January 31, 2014 at 6:33 p.m.

I don't want to say I told you so... BUT-

IN YO FACE I TOLD ALL U THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN IN THE RAGE QUITTER THREAD BAM STAY FREE

chosenst said on January 31, 2014 at 6:34 p.m.

They shouldn't be allowed to play period. Playing against other quitters does nothing because they still get to 'play'. You quit you get time banned. It's simple as hell, it just takes someone to have enough balls to do it and not fear the backlash from the prepubescent trolls it will ultimately affect

HooliganComboFTW said on January 31, 2014 at 6:34 p.m.

Is there gonna be some big prison riot later?

Abbadon36 said on January 31, 2014 at 6:53 p.m.

Opps, no $200 for them.

MatheViB said on January 31, 2014 at 6:59 p.m.

I was so happy to see an anti-ragequit at first but than i started to fear for this, i remember playing MvC Origins online and some ppl rage-quited on me and that also counted on my disconnect ratio, it seens this kind happens in this game as well-ish. :(

BlitzN said on January 31, 2014 at 7 p.m.

It has nothing to do with fearing the trolls. It's pissing off paying customers. Example wrongfully jailed player being kicked out of a game they bought. Also paying for a game rage quiting is your right as a PAYING customer. Kicking people out of a game they pay for or out of live a service they pay for. That's not gonna keep a community going.

As for the wrongful jailed problem, price we pay for wanting this solution. Now another side effect what happens when getting a match takes forever because the player base is significantly smaller. With let's say 10% of players jailed that's a large audience size we lose in match making.

Sometimes the solution is worse then the problem. Like I said before at least I get a match out of quitters and I know if I won or not, forget about points.

AttractGroove said on January 31, 2014 at 7:01 p.m.

I feel like most rage quits happen towards the end of the match so they should implement something where if there's a disconnection in the first half of the match, no one gets a win or loss, just like it never happened. But if there is a disconnect later than most likely it was a rage quit. But yeah I don't know how else they will do it if they can never know who actually disconnects and why.

fxtricky said on January 31, 2014 at 7:05 p.m.

This was bound to happen. Theres no way to win the fight of rage quiting. Anything done isnt gunna be fair one way or the other. See the people who quit can lie. The system isnt built to check if it was system disconnect or if it was them just turning the system off and or quiting out to the menu. Ok idea at best. Completely flawed in the idea of the grand scheme. Insted of them worring about whos quiting fix and tweak and balanced the unfinished game in and of itself. The rage stuff is gunna happen and should be handled after the game is relevent in the next year. By thene Guilty Gear will be around. Ultra Super extreme Street Fighter turbo mix arcade edition and god only knows what else.

OhYouDontSayThat said on January 31, 2014 at 7:14 p.m.

I'll reiterate this again in this thread. DO NOT time ban. DO NOT restrict gameplay.

Take away points and count it as a loss. Hell, count it as 2 or 3 losses consecutively! But don't lock out your paying customers from playing your game.

It bothers me that there are still so many on this forum suggesting, "oh they quit once? BAN THEM." ... sheer stupidity.

Sadisticcupid said on January 31, 2014 at 7:19 p.m.

to the people who are saying stay free, they can't cause their in jail

JIHADJOE said on January 31, 2014 at 7:24 p.m.

I guess the only way to do this reliably is to have dedicated servers that actually host the matches, like what SC2 and MoBA games do.

Expensive to run for sure, but it does solve a host of problems, including all sorts of pain we now deal with when playing opponents with bad ping. With a dedicated server, all you need to worry about is your own ping to the server. If your opponent is laggy, then he can go lag all by himself while you maul his character.

Maybe worth doing as a premium service. Pay a weekly/monthly/annual fee to get to use the dedicated service. (inb4 25c a game to play)

OhYouDontSayThat said on January 31, 2014 at 7:39 p.m.

also I would like to add this took less than a day for this idea to blowup in everyone's faces... and there are STILL ppl supporting it in this thread! it's like they can't grasp this was a terrible idea.

MCHAWKING said on January 31, 2014 at 7:44 p.m.

Hey this should be a selling point for KI:

Play KI and experience a day in the life of a black man.

jme said on January 31, 2014 at 7:51 p.m.

You could've easily distinguish the rage quitters and legit disconnects if you cry babies didn't complain to microsoft about the always on kinect camera #Kappa

KwRIOT said on January 31, 2014 at 7:52 p.m.

Whether you like KI or not, this is definitely LOL-worthy.

bigjbilly said on January 31, 2014 at 8:03 p.m.

Hopefully CDjr goes to real jail and stays there so I don't have to hear that guy being a twat.

RandomSelectMaster said on January 31, 2014 at 8:10 p.m.

For those who thought Killer Instinct is all the RAGE... well, it's Jail Bar for you! And no, they do not serve martinis.

On that note, the image for this post is LOLOLOL. Spinal just got introduce and he's already behind bars. I guess he does have a Killer Instinct.

sylintasassyn said on January 31, 2014 at 8:12 p.m.

Happened here with CDJR at the 1:51:00 mark. Seems to be probably a desync because Maximillian stopped moving before it happened. After the disconnect, CDJR was jailed for no reason.

Darc_Requiem said on January 31, 2014 at 8:23 p.m.

Where is UltraDavid when you need him? Maybe he'll take CDjr's case pro bono

doublef said on January 31, 2014 at 8:25 p.m.

For those who still think the "Jail" system is a cool idea, here are some things you may not know:

- The ragequitter does not receive a loss (except for the 1 match that put them over 15%)
- The victim does not receive their win
- The ragequitter can still rank up while in "jail"
- Both players' disconnect % goes up regardless of who ragequit. In certain situations, the ragequitter could actually take the victim to jail with them

That's why most other games have avoided any sort of "punishment" system for ragequitters. SF4 probably had the best solution of just showing you their disconnect % and letting you decide whether or not to accept the match.

Paradonyx said on January 31, 2014 at 8:42 p.m.

Can't be worse than the American legal system!

Posthuman15 said on January 31, 2014 at 8:49 p.m.

Idk why but I lol'd so hard reading this.

Kalyx_triaD said on January 31, 2014 at 9:11 p.m.

Nope.

They play online under a terms of service where your RQing effects other players of that service. They have more right as paying customers to not have to deal with people who take losses so seriously they would quit a videogame, turn off their xbox, pull the ethernet cord, etc - than somebody does quitting a game. Read the terms of service. Know your rights, and also what isn't your right... rather than simply making things up.

That you even posited this argument... Tsk tsk.

YumaTsukumo said on January 31, 2014 at 9:13 p.m.

Well it's time for every ones favorite ace attourney Mr. Wright

FlynnChop said on January 31, 2014 at 9:14 p.m.

The problem with your final thought is that you can't allow players to pick and choose who they play a ranked match with. Opens it up to people 'gaming' the system for a high win rate.

Otherwise I'd totally agree. I've even proposed the same solution. I do think the issue will eventually resolve itself as legit players stay in matches and rage-quitters continue to bail. People need their match count to get high enough so that 15% becomes significant.

Think about it, if they just started counting DC% tonight from scratch and you get DC'd on in your first match, your DC percent is 100%. If you have 100 matches and a DC% of 5%, it would take more than 10 disconnects in a row to push it over. I dunno. Could still be a problem.

Obviously there's no easy solution for this if you can't tell who DC'd.

patrikstar3 said on January 31, 2014 at 9:15 p.m.

I guess this is the "EVERYONE IS A DCER! EVERYONE GO TO JAIL! F- EVERYONE!" patch? Lol jk. I'm really thinking of Picking up an X-bone just to try this game out, but with this issue to not be able to play online at the moment, I might wait on it. I hope it gets addressed soon. :p

FlynnChop said on January 31, 2014 at 9:19 p.m.

You can still play online.

Jailed people can play with other jailed people. If everyone's in jail, it means everyone can still play each-other.

At worst, this has arbitrarily cut the player-pool in half and made it tougher to find online matches.

HyperViperNZ said on January 31, 2014 at 9:43 p.m.

Shake it off.

GirlsOfGaming said on January 31, 2014 at 10:17 p.m.

well i guess this is what we have to look forward to if implemented into street fighter and other fighting games...

CrimzonWolf777 said on January 31, 2014 at 10:17 p.m.

Figured this was gonna happen.

freshprince said on January 31, 2014 at 10:20 p.m.

"They won't let me out, they won't let me out, (I'm locked up)
They won't let me out no, they won't let me out"

DontTaseMeBro said on January 31, 2014 at 10:27 p.m.

ROFL

AugustAPC said on January 31, 2014 at 11:22 p.m.

You can still play online. I've never quit a fighting game match in my life and I'm in jail. It's essentially no different than playing outside of it, since so many players are being sent there through no fault of their own.

Habu23 said on January 31, 2014 at 11:24 p.m.

I have the fix guys.
Change: DC < 0.15 to DC > 0.15

The game froze and I had to quit out.

TheTHCGamer said on February 1, 2014 at 12:04 a.m.

This is what happens when you try and get to creative for something that just needs a simple solution. They could've just given people a disconnect percentage as a mark of shame or just taken double the XP the disconnector was going to lose of they didn't quit the match. Nope DH had to go with the ridiculous route and are stuck with ridiculous results. Great game but sometimes it's just better to go simple instead of trying to go with the over complicated solution to a problem.

To be honest I knew it was a bad idea when I first read it and I'm sure others did too.

TheTHCGamer said on February 1, 2014 at 1:10 a.m.

ShadowGeno said on February 1, 2014 at 1:19 a.m.

LOL why are they listening to people who complain about minor stuff like that anyways?

Geniuzz said on February 1, 2014 at 1:24 a.m.

but I thought it had to be a combination of disconnect percentage AND disconnecting from a match. Did all these innocent people have a disconnect rate of 15%?

cmlights said on February 1, 2014 at 1:37 a.m.

this sounds like real life no? lots of innocent people go to jail. court of law is flawed

caruga said on February 1, 2014 at 2:34 a.m.

It's no laughing matter. This happens in real life as well.

caruga said on February 1, 2014 at 2:39 a.m.

While there's no way to detect the cause of sync loss directly, what about a method where the app can detect a case of you disconnecting the ethernet cable, just as an example? I'm wondering if you could have a loopback connection (over the internet, not localhost)-- if loss of sync occurs with the p2p connection but not the loopback connection, it wasn't your fault, otherwise it was--and the CLIENT can know this and then inform the server (when sync is re-established).

I don't know anything about net code though so this might be a deeply flawed suggestion...

Eternal_Blaze said on February 1, 2014 at 2:55 a.m.

I'm not buying that there's no way to tell who disconnected, why does it work in TTT2 and BB?
if someone ragequit on me I dont take a loss but once my connection was wonky and it disconnected mid-match and I had a loss added.

gost_body said on February 1, 2014 at 3:07 a.m.

how about online judges? where if you have a certain amount of points you can view online replays of disconnected matches and decide who was
the rage quitter.

you could have a.i calculate who had the most health when disconnected but then you run the risk of scrubs gaining the life lead and then disconnecting as a way to pin the blame on the other.

this is the things with automated systems to try and scythe all the negative it can be corrupted. sometimes its just best to leave it to human choice.

I think the best thing is probably just have a disconnection rate that way it lets honest players come to an intelligent human decision whether the disconnect rate is worth playing or not.

bushin_dunks said on February 1, 2014 at 3:25 a.m.

How can this be happening? I thought you needed at least a 15% disconnection rate. don't tell me everybody's been rage quitting or everybody has bad Internet? Doesn't this game have good netcode? that's all I've heard.

LittleScumbag said on February 1, 2014 at 3:53 a.m.

this might be a noob question but: how does then street fighter know who disconected and from whom to take points of ???

fawaz said on February 1, 2014 at 4:12 a.m.

@18 Difficult but not impossible.

JRXP2011 said on February 1, 2014 at 4:23 a.m.

I played a good 5 hours after work yesterday. It took longer to find matches all night, but I was still able to find plenty and did not get jailed, even though about 8 people rage quit on me or disconnected.

I think a good way to handle it is to show the disconnect rate on your player Icon/Background deal, and allow players to back out of a ranked match at the character select screen before picking a character.

Last night after a guy quit on me 2 times, I got matched up with him 2 more times. By the time I see who it is, we are in the character select screen and there is no way to back out at that point other than disconnecting/rage quiting. So I was forced to fight him again and again, and he only didn't rage quit the last match because he beat me.

DH is trying to bring us a solution here guys, but these kind of things happen when you're trying to implement new systems into games, and it just takes time to work out the kinks. Give it time, I'm sure they will fix it.

URAmk2 said on February 1, 2014 at 5:22 a.m.

lmao!

Scourge739 said on February 1, 2014 at 5:59 a.m.

Haven't read yet. But oh man, I can't imagine the amount of KI hate comments in here.

Scourge739 said on February 1, 2014 at 6:06 a.m.

Oops, never kind. You're wrong Kiddo.

1ButtonDash said on February 1, 2014 at 6:17 a.m.

yes it just came out but just like in online gaming, when patches come out for games sometimes they're bugs. at least a company finally is attempting to create some sort of penalty instead of ignoring the issue that's been goin on for years now.

I'm sure it will be fixed, this is something new no company has really tried to mend yet so of course the first people making the effort at creating solutions there might be some complications. People need to relax.

VolcanicAkuma55 said on February 1, 2014 at 6:20 a.m.

CALL ULTRADAVID/PHOENIX WRIGHT. spooky is not powerful enuff to handle this

Grevier said on February 1, 2014 at 6:42 a.m.

I can clearly remember there was a game that was a ble to determine who was still online... and probably it was a... naruto storm game?

TwoDogKnight said on February 1, 2014 at 6:44 a.m.

Same exact thing happened to me. Froze during load screen and I had to quit. Came back in Jail. There were plenty of people in jail to play against though. Unfortunately they were ALL GLACIUS. WTF? They must be getting wrongfully put in jail because he is the most rage quit inducing opponent. lol

TwoDogKnight said on February 1, 2014 at 6:47 a.m.

How does Capcom do it in SF4 and SFxT then? If a person quits in those games they lose massive points but the opponent loses nothing.

hewhay said on February 1, 2014 at 7:04 a.m.

I thought that MS was using "the cloud"(R) for online gaming. I remember it being a feature, that we weren't going to suffer from laggy players because the games were served from the cloud. In Peer-to-peer gaming there is no way to tell but if the game is served from the cloud you just have to check who disconnected from the server.

hewhay said on February 1, 2014 at 7:21 a.m.

Althought I haven't programmed for a console, I'm a programmer and I think I have an idea about how this games online features work. Both xbox live and psn used to be nothing more than switchboards. The kept track of who is online playing what, who is looking for games, who is serving etc. When you start an online game (unless you are playing a game that keeps state like FF XIV) one player is chosen as the host and the other characters connect to him. In 1vs1 games this means that one player is host and one is a client. There is no way to know who disconnected in this situation because there are only 2 players connected. Now, my guess is that some games keep track of the player's online status either by using some kind of ping or by checking the players status in the gaming network (like live or psn) or something else. AFAIK xbone was supposed to move from this style and it was using the cloud to serve everybody's game. Now there are 3 connections, the players and a server. In this scenario you can keep track of who disconnects from the server but it seems like this isn't the case?

Bladeballn3 said on February 1, 2014 at 7:31 a.m.

Better call Saul!!!!

TwoDogKnight said on February 1, 2014 at 7:57 a.m.

Yeah it was a desync. Maximillian was streaming too.

That same match starts at 16:13 and they were playing two different matches from pretty much the beginning. Pause at the 88 second mark in both streams and the health bars are pretty much reversed. Strange.

Makes me wonder if the fact that they were both tying up bandwidth with streaming affected the game's synchronization. Although the two matches before that played out fine.

Blackoshinomi said on February 1, 2014 at 8:49 a.m.

I know this a different thread but i finally came up with my idea for rage quitters ! LOL i called it rage quit theater! or LOL
rage quit court !

What happens is after a person rage quits you get a message asking you if you will like to summit this replay .

After that happens it gets sent to rage quit theater! There multiple people from gaming community view it and vote up on a poll if the person acutely rage quitted or not ! if the video get 50 yes Votes he gets banned. if the video get 50 no votes you lose your case !

only 1 vote purr person !

And the people gets a message later that day that says you won your case here your points back and win !

And the same thing for you if you lose
you been banned for rage quitting

For each case a persons loses they should be banned for 4 hours of no play
and it double each time they lose a case !

So people wouldn't abuse the system the players names will all be under video comments when they summit there vote .

justice in fighting game i can see it!

Dimensional said on February 1, 2014 at 8:50 a.m.

Looks like they meant well but it isnt working out great for them atm. I still think just giving both players a loss if you cant tell would have been better.

Showing a brief breakdown of the disconnects and at what health the opponent and player were on when it happened and then allowing you to back out would have been best imo, unless ofc they can actually tell who quit in which case the solution is obvious.

I know players may game the system if allowed to back out before a match starts but honestly who cares better they back out then than quitting part way through the game.

This jailing system could also be horrible for new players if your unlucky and the first match you ever play disconnect your in jail against other people who are more likely to disconnect anyway so what do you do let them win? or keep playing and hope they dont disconnect on you when they are in jail and so completely mess up your disconnect ratio through no fault of your own.

Zidiane said on February 1, 2014 at 8:50 a.m.

Player: I didn't disconnect! It was my opponent!
Killer Instinct: That's what they all say.

Portal23 said on February 1, 2014 at 9:07 a.m.

Why not do what Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate does? They take away the points and add a lost to the player who ragequit and awarded the player with the win and points who didn't ragequit.

mercurian said on February 1, 2014 at 10:53 a.m.

I guess those players did not pass go and collect 200 dollars.

StriderSpinel said on February 1, 2014 at 11:12 a.m.

that's cool, you met your best pals in jail.

nebbiez said on February 1, 2014 at 11:22 a.m.

Why doesn't the server ping both players and check they are still on Xbox Live as soon as the disconnect occurs? There is no way you can pull the cable or otherwise 'hard' disconnect yourself while maintaining the Xbox Live connection on the same IP address. The ping test from the server would determine if the player 'lagged out' i.e. started streaming a bunch of HD videos so your Xbox connection gets throttled to minimum bandwidth. The innocent player's ping would be normal and the guilty player's would still be lagging. Combining those 2 tests simultaneously will determine who goes to jail and who doesn't.

Habu23 said on February 1, 2014 at 12:01 p.m.

They could see who is lower on health and go that route. But Online is wonky right now.

Jason said on February 1, 2014 at 12:05 p.m.

They obviously didn't test it and now they're paying the price.

Hopefully that whole 'hot fix' backdoor thing they were talking about before works, otherwise you're looking at a week or two minimum before a patch for this issue can make it though Microsoft's QA process.

It always confounds me why Microsoft and Sony make it so hard for a company to update their own game.

GreedyMcGurgleburg said on February 1, 2014 at 12:33 p.m.

I think its so a company won't release a product that could damage their online service. They could care less about what's broken in game.

Load more comments