Everything wrong with the Mortal Kombat movie in 7 minutes or less

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 29, 2014 at 10:47 a.m. PST

These fantasy aspects and the suspension of disbelief are often important things in modern Hollywood films to make a motion picture actually work, but if you're someone who enjoys poking fun at some of the more ridiculous parts of movies, this clip from CinemaSins will be right up your alley.

After the jump, you'll find a video which breaks down everything that's wrong with the first Mortal Kombat film in 7 minutes or less.

Video from CinemaSins. Tip from Blackoshinomi.

Comments

Pinky said on January 29, 2014 at 10:49 a.m.

But I kind of liked the movie. (Minus Sub Zero and Scorpion getting killed. That killed me inside a bit).

NyuBomber said on January 29, 2014 at 10:50 a.m.

Still the GOAT live-action Hollywood-produced video game movie.

Kalyx_triaD said on January 29, 2014 at 10:55 a.m.

"The original Mortal Kombat film is a cult classic, but it may have glossed over a few details that wouldn't exactly hold up if those events actually happened in real life."

Because it's not real life.

I do love this YT series for comedic value, but people who are really like that with movies are annoying.

IMainDanHibiki said on January 29, 2014 at 10:55 a.m.

I love Cinema Sins. I love having my childhood ripped apart and my present-day life's eyes opened as to miniscule things I've never seen before.

Please, for the love of god, let there be someone who agrees with me here.

Kalyx_triaD said on January 29, 2014 at 10:56 a.m.

Agreed partly!

BlackOnyxThunder said on January 29, 2014 at 11:04 a.m.

Sadly, it was funny but true!

jme said on January 29, 2014 at 11:08 a.m.

Cinema Sins is the best. Me and my family nitpick movies all the time. We thought we were the only ones who does it xD.

mistablazin said on January 29, 2014 at 11:09 a.m.

Goro with dat shoulder bump

Blackoshinomi said on January 29, 2014 at 11:13 a.m.

Yoo Catalyst thanks submitting this story !
I love Cinema Sins!

And to anyone who hasn't watch his vids check him out now !

That guy that does CinemaSins is a kool person to!

If you like him to do other video game movies or anime movie like DBZ LOL he will read his comments box on youtube or twitter for ideas.

His twitter https://twitter.com/cinemasins

His website http://www.cinemasins.com/ You can buy t-shirts off his website

ryuhayabusa13 said on January 29, 2014 at 11:23 a.m.

liu kang's bicycle kick was incorrect. hold Low kick, not FF+hk.

OmegaDarkStar said on January 29, 2014 at 11:27 a.m.

How timely! I'll just leave this here for your listening pleasure...

Quakeulf said on January 29, 2014 at 11:59 a.m.

I remember when it first came and I was so hype. I watched it with friends after school and I thought it was so cool.

But I still suck at MK to this day thanks to the block button.

Rocklee77 said on January 29, 2014 at 12:15 p.m.

I said the same thing lol. What he said was the flying kick. XD

Lordd_G said on January 29, 2014 at 12:48 p.m.

Nvm.

sarif2soon said on January 29, 2014 at 12:48 p.m.

I don't like this series. Only a few of them were actually mistakes in the movie, and the rest could be explained easily. This is the case with previous episodes I've watched.

Not gonna bother with it ever again.

DatSlowNewsDay said on January 29, 2014 at 1:04 p.m.

SqueakyBloom said on January 29, 2014 at 1:06 p.m.

I don't care much for the videos of this series for the simple fact they complain about everything that is their opinion and not facts. Color of the costume isn't their preference? Then the costume sucks. Random passerby had a weird had? Then this movie falls apart. I really just dislike it because there are hardly any real in depth reasons to why it supposedly sucks. And that goes for any movie they do.

wingzx20 said on January 29, 2014 at 1:30 p.m.

That bit with Reptile was the best part of the movie, the way they introduced him made me jizz

IMainDanHibiki said on January 29, 2014 at 1:33 p.m.

They hate on good movies too. The point of CinemaSins is to constantly nitpick at things for fun, it's not meant to be taken seriously at all. They even say that half the stuff they poke fun at isn't even really a problem, just something that people overlook because it's, like they said, not truly an issue.

It's like the Onion News Network for Movie Reviews, though less satire and more nitpick.

SuperMeatHead said on January 29, 2014 at 1:56 p.m.

@18: And don't forget the Reptile tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kRlvr...

AugustAPC said on January 29, 2014 at 3:31 p.m.

Some good points, lot of stupid nitpicking... still love this movie.

cikame said on January 29, 2014 at 3:33 p.m.

There's nothing wrong with the MK movie.

OhYouDontSayThat said on January 29, 2014 at 4:38 p.m.

when ur 10 it didn't matter it was awesome! and now we can look back and still get a kick out of it's cheesyness

shinra358 said on January 29, 2014 at 4:47 p.m.

What's the song at the end of the video?

Blackoshinomi said on January 29, 2014 at 5:01 p.m.

At SqueakyBloom and sarif2soon SIghhhhhhh

The whole point of the series is for you to notice things in a movie that you might have never notice before !

It's not necessarily saying the movie is bad !

That's why it say everything wrong with. His opinion i might add ...

It men't to make you guys laugh and i see you guys didn't catch the punchline -_-

Now there's a guy who does the same thing the differences is not he's not joking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbkm4x...

Blackoshinomi said on January 29, 2014 at 5:10 p.m.

if you own the soundtrack like i do it called

scorpion theme

LOL alot people don't know this ....

EvilRick said on January 29, 2014 at 5:16 p.m.

lol, I also remember college humor once did something similar about how inconsistent the tournament brackets work on Mortal Kombat.

Philipino_Heat said on January 29, 2014 at 8:28 p.m.

No movie is without sin

Philipino_Heat said on January 29, 2014 at 8:37 p.m.

It's actually called "Control (Juno Reactor Instrumental) by Traci Lords (Yes, that Traci Lords)

No track on that list called "Scorpion's Theme".

Teinted_Gene said on January 29, 2014 at 9:05 p.m.

defintely, it also matched up with the MK mythos that Reptile was indeed a 'hidden character' and you had to 'figure out' the secret to fighting him.

The movie did a great job in that respect.

Btw: Mortal Kombat all time best Game Movie.

Teinted_Gene said on January 29, 2014 at 9:07 p.m.

"Survivor" (reality show) Theme Song

ninja_philosopher said on January 29, 2014 at 10:11 p.m.

Exactly. & for the same reason, i have not watched this video in the first place. watched two of their videos before. plenty idiotic reasoning just for the sake of show off i think or their serious lack of knowledge regarding the content.

Blackoshinomi said on January 30, 2014 at 4:44 a.m.

I know that ? it was stil Scorpion's Theme though..

RandomJohn said on January 30, 2014 at 8:45 p.m.

What? The guy who made Mortal Kombat into a movie is the same guy who made the Resident Evil series? I guess this guy is known to make crappy video game movies

i208khonsu said on January 31, 2014 at 1:47 a.m.

I re-watched both movies a few years ago. MK is a fun cheesy b-movie and I realized MK: Annihilation was a bad Power Rangers Movie.

Jayson619 said on January 31, 2014 at 5:38 a.m.

I played back the part when they played the SURVIVOR theme several times!!!!!