Yoshinori Ono to attend Taipei Game Show 23rd-27th January, set to hold a stage event at the show

Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • January 12, 2014 at 8:50 a.m. PST

The Taipei Game Show will be taking place between the 23rd and 27th January at the World Trade Center in Taipei, and Sony are bringing all of their stuff to the event, while Microsoft and Nintendo remain nowhere to be seen.

Including their own stuff, they also have a lot of 3rd party announcements incoming, and key people who will be holding stage events. One of these people is Street Fighter X Tekken and Street Fighter 4 series producer Yoshinori Ono, who will have some sort of stage event.

Will this presentation have any new announcements? It's uncertain at this point, but the potential cannot be denied. Let us know your expectations in the comments section.

Thanks to bcarrdi for sending this in.

Source: DualShockers.com.

Comments

xShonuffx said on January 12, 2014 at 8:54 a.m.

Whelp, I won't hold my breath this time. No offense but I've been disappointed before.

DannyBoyPERU said on January 12, 2014 at 9:02 a.m.

5th character !!

EA575 said on January 12, 2014 at 9:03 a.m.

It's probably more Deep Down since he's in the Sony event

bcarrdi said on January 12, 2014 at 9:11 a.m.

In the source article there is a link near the bottom of the page stating the schedule for the event and there seems to be stage time exclusively for USF4. I wonder if there will be any news on the next gen SF news that Sony has been hinting at.

BTW Majin, where is my credit for submitting this?!? Lol

MajinTenshinhan said on January 12, 2014 at 9:15 a.m.

Oops! I knew I forgot something >_<

Really sorry, man. Added in.

bcarrdi said on January 12, 2014 at 9:16 a.m.

USF4 to get a half hour of stage time. http://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/ne...

DunnDeal said on January 12, 2014 at 9:18 a.m.

Ono will be there to make an announcement of another announcement for the 5th character

put_Garuda_in_SFIV said on January 12, 2014 at 9:22 a.m.

1.- Put USFIV on PS4/XB1
2.- Put Garuda in USFIV
3.- ???
4.- Profit

Neclord said on January 12, 2014 at 9:25 a.m.

They will announce that the fifth character has a female voice.

cadnexus said on January 12, 2014 at 9:30 a.m.

I don't really care about the USF4 announcement stuff because you'll get nothing important there, just a big disappointment lol. The other stuff is what I'm interested in and that other fighter they're working on.

ExBipson said on January 12, 2014 at 9:32 a.m.

My tought exactly.

Gam3B0y said on January 12, 2014 at 9:37 a.m.

just announce THE announcement of 5'th character :mad:

Smorgasboard said on January 12, 2014 at 9:43 a.m.

30 minutes is hardly enough time to show off anything new. Probably just some promotion with some repeated information. Ono isn't going to announce something everytime he goes on stage, guys.

llSilkCutll said on January 12, 2014 at 9:44 a.m.

The great man is defo there to talk about the 5th character!

gigantor21 said on January 12, 2014 at 9:52 a.m.

I expect it to be a Crazy Taxi X Street Fighter crossover, judging by the "Hadoken Cabs" commercials.

sarif2soon said on January 12, 2014 at 10:17 a.m.

The joke is getting... no, IS old.

DunnDeal said on January 12, 2014 at 10:38 a.m.

Old but still relevant, so we're gonna see it a million more times

You know........like Evo Moment #37. -_______-

lowdojo said on January 12, 2014 at 10:53 a.m.

Announce Ultra or SF5 on PS4 and give me a reason to go out and buy one (as I'm not buying an Xbone no matter what).

Gotomaster said on January 12, 2014 at 11:01 a.m.

That never gets old. xP

ryuhayabusa13 said on January 12, 2014 at 11:27 a.m.

Hmm yeah the wait for who the 5th character is has been held for too long. Time for a reveal. I don't think the news will hurt or benefit the game.

FatMus2 said on January 12, 2014 at 11:30 a.m.

Why do people want USF4 on new gen consoles if the exact same game is going to be on last gen anyway?

oghaggard said on January 12, 2014 at 12:10 p.m.

You know, and I know, that as soon as they announce it, you will get about 900 comments whining about how it's not [character that was already out of the running anyway].

EccentrocOccult said on January 12, 2014 at 12:12 p.m.

5th character, please? T_T

TagAnarchy said on January 12, 2014 at 2:41 p.m.

At this point, I don't care who the 5th character is. The hype was real a month or two ago. Now that anxious feeling is old and gone. He waited a bit too long to say who it was.

Capcom Cup would've been the perfect stage to announce the 5th. I could really care less at this point which is unfortunate since the anticipation was killing me during Capcom Cup.

ryuhayabusa13 said on January 12, 2014 at 2:48 p.m.

Yup. I bet a lot of people will be pissed, hoping it was sheng long's lost left testicle or something.:)

HooliganComboFTW said on January 12, 2014 at 2:54 p.m.

The announcement is that the female 5th character in the comics has clothes on.

therealist1991 said on January 12, 2014 at 3:58 p.m.

the new character is Seth with pigtails and a skirt
with a Masako Nozawa voice over.

Lockm said on January 12, 2014 at 4:32 p.m.

If it is a mainly Sony event, it will undoubtedly be deep down which was already announced any Yoshinori Ono works on. They won't show a new IP at an event like this, and definately not a fighting game, i wouldn't get my hopes up.

And stop with this dumb thinking that USFIV should get a PS4 or Xbox One release...just dumb. Injustice release was already dumb enough and it din't add anything to the experience like USFIV won't do on the PS4 and XO

zidenberg said on January 12, 2014 at 4:58 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFpC3... Ultra Street Fighter 4 - 5th character research

Eye_of_Orochi said on January 12, 2014 at 6:59 p.m.

@ 20 & 23

This and this

holybird90 said on January 12, 2014 at 7:44 p.m.

LOL, I laughed so hard on this

bigjbilly said on January 12, 2014 at 9 p.m.

Judging from every picture of Ono that I've seen, I have deduced he is autistic.

ReddChief said on January 12, 2014 at 10:08 p.m.

I know right, but the lame corny announcement of an announcement suppose to be joke is

RvlvA said on January 13, 2014 at 2:01 a.m.

Both Ono-san and Ayano-san are coming, so I think they will announce something about usf4, not deep down or other games. And if Ayano-san announce that they are planning to reveal something special on the Taipei game show on his blog, it could be the fifth character. If not, it must be a big disappointment. So we have to watch out his blog every Friday.
Or, Ono-san will give us other hint, for example, she's on udon comic, something like that. And I want to hear she is not one of the dolls!!

Geniuzz said on January 13, 2014 at 2:49 a.m.

By now the whole hype surrounding the 5th character died down a lot. Personally, I don't care who it is. I'll be playing the game anyway. It's a shame that Capcom missed the moment, but then again, the original plan was for Ultra to come out "early 2014" and we've seen how that worked out.

mcknight8279109 said on January 13, 2014 at 6:39 a.m.

The fact that she is a female character will make it less disappointing than if we got another male shoto lol. The only way id be mad is if the character is one of those girls who dress like cammy lol.
But im seriously thinking that it's gonna be kei

Triforce said on January 13, 2014 at 10:47 a.m.

I expect the announcement of an announcement.

GreedyMcGurgleburg said on January 13, 2014 at 12:22 p.m.

I expect everything we asked for plus more surprises. So half eaten tacos, and a poop sandwich.

If this doesn't turn out to be a money maker. Will Capcom put all of the blame on Peter? I would and I would wash it down with a tall glass of Budweiser.

Thor21 said on January 13, 2014 at 7 p.m.

If this is an announcement for ULTRA, it will be a monumental one. Why else would the game be pushed back. If not to add the characters that everyone asked for in the polls on who we would want to see. Get ready for major excitement of at least another 6 characters on top of the 5th character being announcement.

VanCityPlayboy said on January 21, 2014 at 1:10 a.m.

if it concerns Ultra Street Fighter 4 just reveal who the 5th character is and hopefully reveal Alex