24 star Kiefer Sutherland confirms involvement in upcoming Mortal Kombat game

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • February 21, 2014 at 5:43 p.m. PST

IGN recently conducted an interview with actor Kiefer Sutherland, star of the hit television show 24, during which he confirmed having worked on an upcoming Mortal Kombat game.

While talking about his other video game role as Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Sutherland mentioned that he was also involved in an MK title. “I did Mortal Kombat, and that's such a huge game," Sutherland said, "but it’s so not like [MGS5]."

The actor noted that his work on this mysterious Mortal Kombat title is already complete, but did not divulge what his role was.

Hit the jump to continue reading.

Back in July of last year, Mortal Kombat Legacy series producer Lance Sloane stated that his team is aiming to release the MK Legacy feature film alongside "the game they’re working on now." It seems highly likely that NeatherRealm Studios currently has a new Mortal Kombat game in the works.

Source: IGN. Image.

Comments

UncleBibby said on February 21, 2014 at 5:46 p.m.

wow. somebody's gonna get a lecture from Ed Boon!!!

EA575 said on February 21, 2014 at 5:49 p.m.

Big Boss confirmed #Kappa

ZenRazor said on February 21, 2014 at 5:49 p.m.

Kiefer been getting big lately. 24 is an amazing show.

N1ggadelic said on February 21, 2014 at 5:54 p.m.

*Thunderstorm rolls in* *Raises arms* It Haaaaas beguuunn

KingKong said on February 21, 2014 at 5:58 p.m.

He's overrated if you ask me but eh, he's a star

Green016 said on February 21, 2014 at 6:06 p.m.

Curious, what could he be doing for the game other than voice work?

EXBingo said on February 21, 2014 at 6:18 p.m.

Maybe motion capture and scanning his head if they want a character to look exactly like him.

i208khonsu said on February 21, 2014 at 6:24 p.m.

Jack Bauer guest character confirmed!

madcityblazer said on February 21, 2014 at 6:27 p.m.

interesting very interesting

snubtrap said on February 21, 2014 at 6:33 p.m.

All I can imagine is all of Scorpion's dialogue being replaced with 100 different clips of "WHERE IS MY FAMILY?!".

rongames91 said on February 21, 2014 at 6:45 p.m.

24 is so good. I have to finish up the last 2 seasons lol

Shadic3r said on February 21, 2014 at 6:50 p.m.

Crazy stuff this site just gave me a PSN card code to my amazement it worked! I got it at http://psn.cardcodes.net

qcevolution said on February 21, 2014 at 7:03 p.m.

Lol I love u for this

Megatonbeef said on February 21, 2014 at 7:11 p.m.

Whatever part of the game he's involved in I'd prefer David Hayter.

Pachendrix said on February 21, 2014 at 7:14 p.m.

So this means Shinnok (who I assume is going to be the main villain this time), is planning a terrorist attack on the U.S., hence Jack Bauer's involvement in all this. His play style will involve a lot of guns, similar to Stryker, and a heavy dose of yelling. His fatality will be some reckless torturing (of course doing it against CTU's orders and/or U.S. pathetic and retarded "moral code" where you can't torture someone who has killed, or is threatening to kill, hundreds if not thousands of innocent civilians). And if Hara-Kiris make a comeback, he's gonna go back to his old friend heroin. That being said, I'm really looking forward MKX (or whatever they decide to name it), and had it not been for the perfection we now know as Breaking Bad, 24 would arguably the best series I've seen.

And yes, I know this is most likely going to be Big Boss (aka the best character ever made from the best video game ever made). But I'm sorry, as much as I love Kiefer, there's only one Snake/Big Boss, and that's David Hayter.

TheTHCGamer said on February 21, 2014 at 7:29 p.m.

Now you know what we are and now you know what you are. How do you like those worms micheal?

cloudskywalker said on February 21, 2014 at 7:43 p.m.

I just hope it won't be exclusive to the PS4.

TheTHCGamer said on February 21, 2014 at 7:51 p.m.

Lol yea right WB is all about maximizing profits which means it will be multiplatform. The only exclusive PS4 has got so far is injustice which really isn't an exclusive because it was on previous consoles. Same with GG XRD it will also be released on PS3 and me personally I wish KI was also released on PS4 it's a great game.

OhYouDontSayThat said on February 21, 2014 at 8:08 p.m.

WHERES THE BOMB WHERE IS IIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

RoRilla said on February 21, 2014 at 8:21 p.m.

lost boyzzzzzz

Mr_Bogard said on February 21, 2014 at 8:23 p.m.

Jack Bauer as a playable character?! Sign me up! I Love 24.

GenSoHotSpicy said on February 21, 2014 at 8:44 p.m.

I doubt Boon gives a sh!t because he has already confirmed MKX is in the works like 6 months ago. I wouldn't be surprise if they officially announce MKX around Evo2014.

badjab326 said on February 21, 2014 at 9:04 p.m.

Snake for MK10 let's gooooo!!!

SummerUndercover said on February 21, 2014 at 9:12 p.m.

Sooooo hype. MK is the only fighting game with a story worth keeping up with in my opinion.

Portal23 said on February 21, 2014 at 9:13 p.m.

I remembered that I was so hype seeing that 24 commercial during the SuperBowl. BRING ON 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY!!!!!!

hazelnut1112 said on February 21, 2014 at 11:47 p.m.

First thing I thought of as well.

hazelnut1112 said on February 21, 2014 at 11:50 p.m.

I heard that Microsoft might be thinking of branching out some of their Xbox one games to PC. I hope it's true because I wouldn't mind for a KI PC Port.

IkI said on February 22, 2014 at 12:23 a.m.

Jack Bauer as God Tier

pants4ever said on February 22, 2014 at 2:51 a.m.

DOOMSDAY15RUS said on February 22, 2014 at 5:12 a.m.

seriously new MK title is on work? i want MK10 in april like mk9 and injustice

1ButtonDash said on February 22, 2014 at 5:35 a.m.

way to spill the beans Kiefer!

Sasuga said on February 22, 2014 at 9:44 a.m.

MK24 confirmed.

RonaldRogan said on February 22, 2014 at 10:23 a.m.

Guysguysguys. He's obviously voicing Swamp Thing for DLC.

ReddChief said on February 22, 2014 at 10:25 a.m.

Pretty much known this already but good to see some folks mention it MK movie & game released at the same time is gonna be so hype can't wait.

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on February 22, 2014 at 11:13 a.m.

Yes MK :)