Max's wild experiments put Doom in the doghouse: Assist Me! Killer Instinct ep. 2 discusses advanced strategies

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • February 17, 2014 at 10:33 a.m. PST

Maximilian returns with the second episode of his Killer Instinct Assist Me! series. Arriving at Sabrewulf's laboratory, Max is instructed by Ultratech to conduct wild experiments involving a serum composed of Max's dog Benny's blood, and things get hairy...

In this installment, Max discusses advanced strategies. Manuals, Ultras, Counter Breakers, Shadow Counters, and more are what you'll find here.

If you're looking to level up your game in Killer Instinct, or just want to find out what happens to Doom, hit the jump to check out Assist Me! episode 2.

Comments

Sagateee said on February 17, 2014 at 10:57 a.m.

ibukkeke said on February 17, 2014 at 11:02 a.m.

^

EX35 said on February 17, 2014 at 11:07 a.m.

Cause it's fun. :)

Sagateee said on February 17, 2014 at 11:14 a.m.

Bladeballn3 said on February 17, 2014 at 11:26 a.m.

Well it looks like lots of people enjoy it so that's the only thing that matters.

HooliganComboFTW said on February 17, 2014 at 11:34 a.m.

"This humor doesn't agree with my taste so it's terrible by default"

Synless said on February 17, 2014 at 11:49 a.m.

I hate popular things so I can be a rebel.

Dart2623 said on February 17, 2014 at 11:52 a.m.

Needs moar cheese...MOAR!!! Come on Event Hubs, you can do better than this. I want extra Cheese on my FG News. What is it? running out of imagination?

rudiano said on February 17, 2014 at 12:24 p.m.

lol and max was charging $3 for this nonsense? feel sorry for the gullible/riders who bought this

HyperGadoken said on February 17, 2014 at 12:30 p.m.

this guy has just been burned out. All his videos now are Week of, trailer breakdowns, trailer reactions(which aren't funny btw). I never understood why he never did Injustice Assist Me, it was a pretty decent game.

amrraed said on February 17, 2014 at 12:43 p.m.

I know he loves Killer Instinct and all but it is just too much . I honestly got turned off from his channel and KI because of how much KI he is doing . However if that is what he enjoys and love then more power to him and the people that like that .

iMTopTier said on February 17, 2014 at 12:59 p.m.

the hate in here is real lol

but this is why i told everybody that i wasn't going to spend $3 to rent this video
it is just a tutorial

SoftShocks said on February 17, 2014 at 1:32 p.m.

I like it, but I feel that the earlier marvel assist mes were his better works

musacci said on February 17, 2014 at 2:24 p.m.

FlynnChop said on February 17, 2014 at 3:02 p.m.

Benny reaction at 16:24
...LOL.

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

ABSOLute said on February 17, 2014 at 3:12 p.m.

Benny is quite the thespian.

pants4ever said on February 17, 2014 at 3:20 p.m.

Amerika said on February 17, 2014 at 3:26 p.m.

I really dislike all the online try-hards and wannabe bad asses. You think you sound tough when in reality you just sound sad to the normal person. You can't take a joke, you can't just be OK with people being excited about something you aren't (and the more paranoid thinks they were paid), you're upset that something you loved didn't get the coverage you thought it deserved and some of you simply want to troll.

It's just sad.

hijahijo said on February 17, 2014 at 4:15 p.m.

Hey Sagateee buddy, we are still waiting for that KI advanced strategies video you created that is not for retarded people.

Don't worry, it doesn't need to have high production values(those take too much time, effort and money). A stick figure video will do.

We are very excited to see it!

Love, your non-retarded buddies

Loryuo said on February 17, 2014 at 4:16 p.m.

Only person that i know that uploads 10+ videos a day of him playing fighting games is this guy who got double perfected by an oni.

HyperGadoken said on February 17, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.

What are you talking about?

rudiano said on February 17, 2014 at 4:39 p.m.

lol at the 2 white knights in here hanging off the coconuts

pants4ever said on February 17, 2014 at 4:49 p.m.

HyperGadoken said on February 17, 2014 at 4:59 p.m.

he also made a video asking the fans to pay 3 dollars in order to get assist me a week early and he put up a website called AssistMax in order to send donations to help him pay for the show.

pants4ever said on February 17, 2014 at 5:02 p.m.

Dodoria said on February 17, 2014 at 5:48 p.m.

I stopped watching max videos after the mvsc3 cosplay/video series.

hijahijo said on February 17, 2014 at 6 p.m.

Honestly speaking, it is none of your business what Max does. Every heard of a donation? Yeah everyone can do that.

If he has fans and they want to support him, good for all of them.

Like it or not Max is part of the FGC and continued support for his content is indirect support for the FGC too.

If you don't like him or what he stands for, then you have every right to say your opinion. Just remember that not everyone has the same opinion as yours.

Constructive comments only please.

FlynnChop said on February 17, 2014 at 6:07 p.m.

Maximilian produces content that people in the FGC enjoy. He makes informative videos and hosts lots of different let's-play style videos on his channel. His videos have a lot of character compared to others, and he makes content that is very new-player friendly for a variety of fighting games.

He puts it work. Why is it bad for him to ask for donations or charge for some of the work he does?

I'd like for at least one of you haters to ask yourself why that's a bad thing, and answer on this thread.

Seriously.

Do it.

Do it.

Do it.

HyperGadoken said on February 17, 2014 at 7 p.m.

His videos aren't bad. but they are just boring. UMVC online warrior will only get you so far. This work takes time not money. Here is all the stuff you need to do assist me.

Capture card
Video game console and controller
Editing software
script for the show
green screen
special effects
microphone to voice over gameplay.

what else would you need to make the show?

hijahijo said on February 17, 2014 at 7:24 p.m.

+Costumes
+Make up / props
+A PC or Mac with enough RAM for video editing
+A location for the shots

And your greatest error: time = money
Why?
1) Time is never free, even "free time" once you lose it you can never get it back. If you have 1 year of "free time" that does not mean you will not grow old within that 1 year.
2) More time > more video quality. Not always true, but all the editing, special effects, acting all take time. Time that they could be doing "working and earning money".
3) More time creating AssistMe , less time for doing other things that can make money.

Time is money. Those who tell you otherwise are subsidized the the government, or have other people supporting them.

FlynnChop said on February 17, 2014 at 7:30 p.m.

Exactly. Thank you.

He's producing content. Period. Entertainment has value. The mentality that people should entertain us for free is ridiculously self-centered.

Anyone else?

ForTheViolence said on February 17, 2014 at 10:15 p.m.

Damn you really are on Maximilian's dick. Not just on kotaku but on eventhubs too.

xShonuffx said on February 17, 2014 at 11:27 p.m.

Actors and crew. You think they do that stuff for free? ROFL. They might be his friends but those guys do that stuff for a living. He might get a good discount but he ain't paying them nothing. Most of what he does comes out of his own pocket. Anything else probably comes from the revenue he gets with his youtube partners.

And with each new assist me comes new costumes and props which also cost money. Its true he mostly needs time but don't act like this stuff is free.

Grandass said on February 18, 2014 at 12:55 a.m.

Max is retard

pants4ever said on February 18, 2014 at 2:59 a.m.

Dimensional said on February 18, 2014 at 3:21 a.m.

I dont mind what Max does and in the past I have enjoyed his vids but I dont watch them much anymore mainly because its all Injustice and KI (especially KI) and I dont enjoy watching those games. However what really turned me off was the gushing over KI it was like he had a schoolgirl crush on it laughing stupidly at every little thing and saying everything was awesome and it was just turning into ridiculous hyperbole. Also the huge amount of Xbox One ads on his channel makes me very wary I dont like it when a third party site thats says they are impartial starts running one ad over every other it makes me feel like theres some behind the scenes deal going on.

That said I have no problem with him asking for money I wont and generally dont give money to people mainly because I dont have much myself but sure he can ask and tbf he is still releasing it to everyone anyway.

Crash40 said on February 18, 2014 at 4:08 a.m.

"I made the lycanthropy potion. Benny's blood, its +40 on block, and has 10 active frames." XDDDDD Funniest thing I've heard in a while!

ToastyDMY said on February 18, 2014 at 6:39 a.m.

But Max sees the people who work on the game like almost bi weekly. Not to be an a**hole, but to say he isn't droning is flat out stupid.

Whats funny is that this all started after KI was announced and they started up rounding up people from the FGC and Machinima to help give the Xbone Positive press.

I will never be getting an Xbone, because the methods they're partaking in, cheats many gamers out of their money, KI is the next Call of Duty and they're just cashing in

ToastyDMY said on February 18, 2014 at 6:42 a.m.

And also people do free things all the time, whether it be what Max is doing or something else entirely, some of these things for sure take a lot more time to do and are a lot more costly than what Max is doing, not to mention he already is a partner

MEGAMFIBLM said on February 18, 2014 at 10:36 a.m.

The problem with Max is that he actually is making KI videos Only and only KI.

And i want him to bring back the Original Assist Me series (UMvC 3)..

TwoDogKnight said on February 18, 2014 at 11:36 a.m.

Have you looked at his channel? He has KI, Titan Fall, 3rd Strike, Nidhogg and A MULTITUDE of games on his YoVideogames channel.
All recent stuff.

In my case, KI is actually what made me subscribe to his channel.

FlynnChop said on February 18, 2014 at 4:09 p.m.

Nobody? Great. I guess that proves my point. Nobody can think of a single reason Max is the bad guy here.

I've heard "e-begging" and lots of implications that he's plugging KI a little too hard, but those aren't legitimate issues. He likes KI, he hangs out with the devs, he got early access. So what?

What if it was you? Wouldn't that be awesome? Guess what- It won't be. Know why? Because you don't produce anything. You don't put in the work like he does. All you guys do is sit around contributing nothing and trying to tear people down who are trying to make a living providing YOU with entertainment.

People giving you crap for free isn't a "right". Freakin' spoiled brats.

Dragonite said on February 18, 2014 at 4:43 p.m.

"However what really turned me off was the gushing over KI it was like he had a schoolgirl crush on it laughing stupidly at every little thing and saying everything was awesome and it was just turning into ridiculous hyperbole."

Gee, that sounds a lot like something people do with 3rd Strike.

HyperGadoken said on February 18, 2014 at 9:19 p.m.

now....nowisay ther. Take her easy bro. why are you ranting it so much?

vak said on February 19, 2014 at 8:41 a.m.

this is why i dont watch max videos anymore.

FlynnChop said on February 19, 2014 at 2:27 p.m.

I'm hoping my counterpoint will be heard above the typical FGC noise of entitlement.

Fair point, though. I probably shouldn't take people here too seriously.

ToastyDMY said on February 24, 2014 at 11:21 a.m.

So he'll plug a game solely created to rip off gamers, all Microsoft did was announce a very incomplete game, round and round up as many FGC heads as they could to help promote it.

As I've said before here, there are a lot of people who produce content on the internet for free with no charges or anything of the such to the user, why should he be treated in such a special manner.

What you're saying of everyone whose critiquing this and how you're approaching this doesn't entirely help your argument either