261 hit combo, air-to-ground loops, triple exchange combo leads to K.O., and more - OmegaZero Baroque the mold with this TvC montage

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • February 10, 2014 at 11:34 a.m. PST

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is a fighter that we don't see very often these days. Fortunately, content creators like OmegaZero continue to support the game by putting together epic combo videos like the one we have for you today.

Using Zero, Ryu, and Joe the Condor, in this particular montage we get to see a slew of crazy set ups, and there are a few things here that may cause your jaw to drop. A 261 hit combo using Zero and Ryu, a triple air exchange combo that wipes out all of Ryu's health bar, and some fancy air-to-ground loops are only a fraction of the awesomeness that awaits.

Hit the jump to check out OmegaZero's "Divided by Zero" combo video.

Tip sent in anonymously.

Comments

jme said on February 10, 2014 at 11:41 a.m.

I'm still very very very very confused why Zero's Lvl 3 dark hold in this game wasn't in marvel 3.

Genmu Zero is straight up ass compared to Dark Hold.

chowdizzle said on February 10, 2014 at 11:59 a.m.

Considering it's TvC Zero, I'm not really sure what's to be impressed about. Everyone already knows this character does whatever he wants in this game. I'd be more impressed seeing people figure out crazy stuff with basically any other character.

OhYouDontSayThat said on February 10, 2014 at 12:01 p.m.

I know right! Zero in umvc3 is garbage without it! oh... wait...

NoizyChild said on February 10, 2014 at 12:02 p.m.

Genmu Zero goes though any and every projectile and hits multiple characters.

Much more useful in a 3 on 3 game.

KingKong said on February 10, 2014 at 12:06 p.m.

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

jme said on February 10, 2014 at 12:25 p.m.

I hope you don't think I was implying Zero is wack without Dark Hold because I didn't even remotely say that.

@4 Meh, I don't know why you'd throw many assists out when Zero's on screen at full screen at that anyway. But whatever.

FluffyM said on February 10, 2014 at 12:41 p.m.

Baroque the mold, I get it.

Eye_of_Orochi said on February 10, 2014 at 12:47 p.m.

Yes indeed!

Also, I agree this would be more impressive without Zero and Ryu. My short time playing this game online was against laggy Ryu/Zero players that probably played with a Wii Mote. I try not to think about it when I watch stuff about this game.

SmokeRulz said on February 10, 2014 at 1:02 p.m.

That was freaking awesome. I'm glad some people still care about this game.

Zombie4u said on February 10, 2014 at 1:04 p.m.

Oh Zero... but still cool to see TvC! Thanks for this!!

Pwn_Star said on February 10, 2014 at 1:07 p.m.

It also tells Captain 'Muricah Hyper CS to go suck a dick...because balance.

SgtKonus said on February 10, 2014 at 1:10 p.m.

Isn't it funny that Zero is broken in every fighting game he's been in?

D2Or said on February 10, 2014 at 1:24 p.m.

Would be nice to have a Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2 for Playstation/Xbox and proper balances. But I think there was something about copyrights and TvC stopping production :(

patrikstar3 said on February 10, 2014 at 1:31 p.m.

Wow... I didn't know Tatsunoko Zero could do that (I didn't play that game very long because there was no Tron lol)... CHEAP! Well, in everygame he has been so eh, you can only accept it.

NoizyChild said on February 10, 2014 at 1:34 p.m.

Phoenix Inferno does the same thing, so I'm used to it.

VileEighty said on February 10, 2014 at 2:35 p.m.

There's a TVC cab down near Waikiki Beach.

GiganV3 said on February 10, 2014 at 2:51 p.m.

Was he broken in SVC Chaos? I never played that one enough.

Ermapume said on February 10, 2014 at 3:48 p.m.

This game was a great warm-up before MvC3 released. I still love this game, and keeping around since it'll probably live on as a cult-fighter.

NoizyChild said on February 10, 2014 at 3:58 p.m.

Yep.

tenderoni said on February 10, 2014 at 4:41 p.m.

HeHeHe...I was in Hawaii for work last year and I stumbled upon this "arcade". They also had a SF4 cab. It's on Kuhio Ave. I miss Hawaii.

TehViraL said on February 10, 2014 at 6:08 p.m.

Game will always be better than Marvel. ALWAYS.

gammabolt17 said on February 10, 2014 at 6:21 p.m.

"Baroque the mold". Can't even front, that's a nice one.

Wintry said on February 10, 2014 at 6:41 p.m.

I just picked this up cause I wanted a VS game that wasn't Marvel. Really having fun with it, but I can't era my head around these kind of combos. I currently use Batsu/Gasshan, but I'm working on that Ryu/Zero team. Any pointers on how to do things beyond basic around-the-world combos?

Also, "baroque the mold" is a catchphrase I'm using when I play with friends after this title.

Wintry said on February 10, 2014 at 6:56 p.m.

Wait, I'm in Hawaii... Exactly where on Kuhio Ave is this? I'm leeward side, so don't know where exactly.

JIHADJOE said on February 10, 2014 at 9:31 p.m.

lol!
I the scientific term for zero is "hella broken".

EnsignHiro said on February 10, 2014 at 11:16 p.m.

Nice

Dimensional said on February 11, 2014 at 12:37 a.m.

Wow this game has much better art than UMVC3 I may have to track down a copy I always meant to buy it eventually but then they stopped appearing and production has stopped :( hopefully I can still find a cheap copy.

OmegaZero said on February 11, 2014 at 4:21 p.m.

You can just dive a bit in my channel an see that I done stuff for all characters, among those thing, I was the one who discover how to do double unblockable casshan setup, polimar midscreen relaunch, viewful joe 100% combo, chunli triple relaunch, tekkaman blade 5 relaunches with no baroque 1 assist, ryu 7 meter combo as well as his tiger knee hadouken into link combo, an pretty much a vast majority of zero joe condor big combos an damage is my doing, karas 4 kasha loop, just so you know, people couldnt stop zero cause everybody was unexperience to the most commmon mixup in history, the teleport cross up, which can be easily avoided with just advance guarding, nobody really knew how to play zero or play against him properly at the time tvc was popular, blade an yatterman-1 are stronger individual characters, with better options to rush an keep you blocking, not only that blade is easy mode damage, with zero you need to work for the damage, if you cant pull off switch charging combos with zero, you be doing 20 bill damage at best, an unlike marvel zero, switch charging isnt easy mode in tvc.

bigjbilly said on February 11, 2014 at 5:13 p.m.

This game has always looked cool. I'd rather see this than marvel.

RunnersKnee said on February 12, 2014 at 11:08 a.m.

This needs to come back on the tourney scene.
Such an underrated classic