The fifth Ultra Street Fighter 4 character strongly hinted to be debuted at Final Round 17, more beta location test opinions from Japanese players

Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • February 7, 2014 at 9:35 a.m. PST

We've got some new opinions from Beta test participants of Ultra Street Fighter 4 in Japan for all of our loyal readers today, but that's not all.

Towards the end of the latest Saikyo blog post, Ayano gives off a strong hint, mentioning when and where the final character for Ultra Street Fighter 4 will be announced, and while not outright stating it's at Final Round 17, he very strongly hints it.

Hit the jump for the beta test opinions, as well as Ayano's remark regarding the final piece of missing information regarding Ultra Street Fighter 4.

After wrapping up the Beta location tests fully, here are the current opinions Capcom has received regarding the Ultra Street Fighter 4 characters. They appear quite a bit lower than the last Beta location test evaluations.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Rolento opinions

Good: 15%
Pretty good: 35%
Not very good: 36%
Bad: 14%

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Elena opinions

Good: 19%
Pretty good: 22%
Not very good: 48%
Bad: 11%

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Poison opinions

Good: 23%
Pretty good: 43%
Not very good: 30%
Bad: 4%

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Hugo opinions

Good: 14%
Pretty good: 29%
Not very good: 35%
Bad: 22%

Ayano noted that people seem to be pretty pleased with Poison, and that she was the most played character at the location tests. He also said that a lot of the complaints regarding Elena centered around her not being very "Elena-ish", which is something the development team is looking into..

Next were the opinions regarding Ultra Street Fighter 4's system changes.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Ultra Combo double opinions

Good: 21%
Pretty good: 30%
Not very good: 25%
Bad: 24%

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Red Focus opinions

Good: 14%
Pretty good: 38%
Not very good: 41%
Bad: 7%

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Delayed wakeup opinions

Good: 22%
Pretty good: 30%
Not very good: 23%
Bad: 25%

There was also a poll asking for what people would most like to see the development team focus on for the new game. While there weren't any concrete numbers or percentages for this, below you'll find a ranking of the four options in order of interest.

Development team focus points

1. Decisive balance changes
2. New alternate costumes
3. Official world tournaments and other real-life events
4. Improvement of the contents for their mobile sites and such

Just when it looked like the blog post was about to wrap up, Ayano had something more to say. Below, you'll find his statement translated by EventHubs very own MajinTenshinhan.

... Wait, we have something quick to report!

We just received some information from Capcom USA!!

Okay, hmm, let's see...

That piece of "information" that all of you are the most interested in will be announced at "that tournament"!

The hint is

110・1001・1110・1・1100

10010・1111・10101・1110・100

Hmhm. Just what do these mysterious numbers mean?!

Converting these binary numbers into decimals gives us the following:

6・9・14・1・12

18・15・21・14・4

Quick decoding of these numbers show that they could be translated to "Final Round". All evidence points towards the fifth Ultra Street Fighter 4 character being announced at Final Round, but no official confirmation as of yet.

Thanks to RvlvA for sending this in.

Source: Capcom Saikyo Blog.

Comments

Hyoton said on February 7, 2014 at 7:33 a.m.

Really looking forward to trying out Poison. I love all the good reception she's getting, especially since how underwhelming she was in SFxT.

Zanomaru said on February 7, 2014 at 7:34 a.m.

Finally an official announcement for Bison's Doll.

Remondo02 said on February 7, 2014 at 7:34 a.m.

Hwoarang said on February 7, 2014 at 7:38 a.m.

It's good they'll announce who the 5th character is before we all forget about it.

zombiebrian said on February 7, 2014 at 7:39 a.m.

When's final round?

NyuBomber said on February 7, 2014 at 7:39 a.m.

What'd they do to Elena?? She was generally on the positive side of these opinion polls.

Rizu75 said on February 7, 2014 at 7:41 a.m.

The fifth character sadly was already announced that will not be very exciting when she is revealed, but that she will show her potential.

Geniuzz said on February 7, 2014 at 7:43 a.m.

8 months to reveal a character... that will piss most of us off. Can't wait, Capcom!

darkblade13 said on February 7, 2014 at 7:43 a.m.

If it is Cammy or Ibuki clone that the rumors hinted, then I'm not that interested at all.

Hotdiddykong said on February 7, 2014 at 7:44 a.m.

All those "Not really good" are probably stupid nitpicks

"the complaints on elena is because she's not very elenish"
We cant be picky here you bums.

MajinTenshinhan said on February 7, 2014 at 7:45 a.m.

March 14-16

Aluppoj said on February 7, 2014 at 7:47 a.m.

Yes! Hype!

I was HoHum about Final Round, now I'll be glued to it!

Nice Capcom, nice.

U4iA27 said on February 7, 2014 at 7:48 a.m.

Dont just announce her though. HAVE HER PLAYABLE AT THE NEXT LOKETEST!!! At this point she'll either be buggy and wack or buggy and broken. All because they wanted to hype her up for whatever reason. At most there will be 2 maybe 3 loketest left if that. Without sufficient latest by actual players patches for ultra almost seem inevitable.

Aluppoj said on February 7, 2014 at 7:49 a.m.

That's cool, still 43 other characters for you to pick from right?

Remondo02 said on February 7, 2014 at 7:49 a.m.

fawaz said on February 7, 2014 at 7:56 a.m.

"Development team focus points

1. Decisive balance changes
2. New alternate costumes
3. Official world tournaments and other real-life events
4. Improvement of the contents for their mobile sites and such"

Out of so many NECESSARY stuff that the dev team should be working on, THESE four came on top??!!

vega4liv said on February 7, 2014 at 8:03 a.m.

the capcom team should be fixing the point system in ranked matches , the dam net code and change that awful Interface that we have seen in all the builds!!!

ArcadeRobot said on February 7, 2014 at 8:06 a.m.

ok so when is Final Round? I need an actual date!!

OhYouDontSayThat said on February 7, 2014 at 8:07 a.m.

You know what would have been a nice edition to this story?

actually saying WHEN Final Round 17 is taking place...

pumpt to see the new character!

Castigation said on February 7, 2014 at 8:18 a.m.

Poor Elena...

djm0001 said on February 7, 2014 at 8:19 a.m.

Read the comments, Final Fight is March 14-16

rongames91 said on February 7, 2014 at 8:19 a.m.

I hope they put out the character a few months before going gold so we prevent another kokonoe from happening.

Strider_Hien said on February 7, 2014 at 8:20 a.m.

Love people saying "SHOW IT ALREADY,THE HYPE IS DEAD DURRR!" The nay sayers are the most hype,ROFL! Great work,Capcom....Eager to see the new character! :D

djm0001 said on February 7, 2014 at 8:20 a.m.

addition != edition ^_^

TwoBears77 said on February 7, 2014 at 8:21 a.m.

You know, I can understand holding off on the announcement of the fifth character, but what I think is silly is the vague manner in which the time of the announcement is being handled. Just come out and say "we are going to announce the new character at X". At this point there is nothing to be gained by being evasive about something you have announced is already in the works. All that does is generate ill will.

PoisonKiss said on February 7, 2014 at 8:24 a.m.

Poison has received very Positive Feedback ♥ My Queen

fuerteva said on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.

Its blankas mom. Duh.

perfume said on February 7, 2014 at 8:34 a.m.

Guile4Life said on February 7, 2014 at 8:34 a.m.

Enough with the trolling on dolls it's not a doll character you think they would hold out so long over a doll character lol c'mon people lol . It's goukens daughter mark my words biatches 😉

G0dmqsteR said on February 7, 2014 at 8:37 a.m.

What's more "necessary" than decisive balance changes to you, the HUD?

OhYouDontSayThat said on February 7, 2014 at 8:37 a.m.

whoops!
also I googled it and it's Mar 14, 2014.
so one more week...

sarif2soon said on February 7, 2014 at 8:38 a.m.

... then they announce that they lied and show us that they've added Urien, Alex , Karin, R. Mika, and two new characters.

djm0001 said on February 7, 2014 at 8:39 a.m.

5 weeks :)

Umbrage said on February 7, 2014 at 8:39 a.m.

It's Noembelu (Little Eagle)

sarif2soon said on February 7, 2014 at 8:40 a.m.

and a month...

djm0001 said on February 7, 2014 at 8:41 a.m.

One thing I really really want to see is for every character, including the 5 new ones, to have new trials

Azureneedle said on February 7, 2014 at 8:42 a.m.

Would it really hurt whether to say or not the 5th character is going to actually be revealed or not?

OhYouDontSayThat said on February 7, 2014 at 8:44 a.m.

I'm going to sleep now, too dumb to post. Damn you RunBack!!!

SoftShocks said on February 7, 2014 at 8:48 a.m.

Poison hype? ahhh yeahhh

Arakune said on February 7, 2014 at 8:49 a.m.

Just tell us already!

MatchFixah said on February 7, 2014 at 8:55 a.m.

An announcement about an announcement that's going to be announced in some tournament coded in binary on an unannounced date.. I went from a hard on to a 6 inch flop 6 months ago.

samuraix025 said on February 7, 2014 at 8:56 a.m.

Not going to Lie. I love how he did that last hint

OhYouDontSayThat said on February 7, 2014 at 8:58 a.m.

God I hope this is true!
ok THAT was my last post, must sleep

dfsa90 said on February 7, 2014 at 9:02 a.m.

THEY NEED TO FIX ONLINE

madsoul242 said on February 7, 2014 at 9:03 a.m.

Wow, total reversal of the last (mostly positive) loc test. I guess this group was more discerning.

djm0001 said on February 7, 2014 at 9:09 a.m.

I wonder if the 5th character will be playable when they release her, I'm going to assume no for the pure suspense factor of making people wait

BlackOnyxThunder said on February 7, 2014 at 9:10 a.m.

Wow so negative! I guess "the fans" got what they wanted a little negativity added to the ratings. HA HA HA... not funny? About that fifth character... HURRY UP CAPCOM BLACKONYX CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGA!

Keetro said on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 a.m.
Keetro said on February 7, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.

They really need to buff guys Target combo in the last Vid I posted at around the 4:42 Mark. they show Guy Vs. Ken where he misses the Target combo still. they need to just Make him Move forward altogether in his animation to completely prevent this from Happening. then on top of the Nerf they gave him this still isn't fixed after so many Iterations?

TagAnarchy said on February 7, 2014 at 9:24 a.m.

I would say I'm sick of capcom's crap, but I wouldn't be here if that was the case. Anytime though capcom. Anytime...

Doopliss said on February 7, 2014 at 9:28 a.m.

That was on block though. Hitboxes on block and hit are very different.

caruga said on February 7, 2014 at 9:31 a.m.

This is way too easy for all those players who can read in binary. Do morse code next time.

BlackOnyxThunder said on February 7, 2014 at 9:35 a.m.

SHOW YOURSELF 5TH CHARACTER!

yoosterbarn said on February 7, 2014 at 9:36 a.m.

Final Round was the hint? I'm assuming it's Lucia from Final Fight 3. If I'm right I'll play her in a heart beat.

Honestly wish Dean was coming as well.

Regardless Lucia would actually be cool, much cooler then a Bison Doll or another Ibuki. Plus you can't go wrong with a girl wearing hot pants. I know Poison wears them as well and I love herm as much as the next sexually confused poster but it'd be nice to pick a hot pants wearing girl that can't out salami you.

TheTHCGamer said on February 7, 2014 at 9:38 a.m.

I'll be anticipating to see the character announcement then realistically lol probably disappointed about the character chosen but I'm still looking forward to USFIV regardless it's one of my must haves this year. He'll it's one of the main reasons I'm still holding on to my PS3 since nothing has been officially announced for a PS4 release. Please CAPCOM release the disc version at the same time as the digital update because I really don't want to double dip this time around.

David_I said on February 7, 2014 at 9:56 a.m.

2. New alternate costumes

To quote The Miz: Really......really.............really...?

._.

zMaverickHunter said on February 7, 2014 at 9:57 a.m.

For the love of god please fix ranked match CAPCOM, its so broken. And yay! more alternate costumes :D

xShonuffx said on February 7, 2014 at 9:58 a.m.

Not very "Elena-ish"?

isn't that like why she was low tier in Third Strike in the first place?

GTFO people. This is like the 3rd series shes been in.

@Yoosterbarn

The hint before that was Ayano saying only like 4 people he's ever seen on the interwebs guessed correctly. I've seen Lucia's name tossed around a lot, especially after they said it was a female character so I doubt. I also don't think she's been in the comics but I don't know for sure.

bwinches said on February 7, 2014 at 10:10 a.m.

Just want to say congrats to "theshredder39" for correctly guessing the 5th character back on July 17, 2013.

bigjbilly said on February 7, 2014 at 10:10 a.m.

Binary? Really? Why be so "mysterious" with something that can be decoded so easily. Fukin trolls.

bigjbilly said on February 7, 2014 at 10:14 a.m.

No way, the hitbox on that little prick would be stupid.

Aluppoj said on February 7, 2014 at 10:21 a.m.

Why wouldn't it be new costumes? I'd love new costumes!

They're balancing it anyway. More Costumes! The Alex and Haggar!

pants4ever said on February 7, 2014 at 10:24 a.m.

Kenshiro said on February 7, 2014 at 10:29 a.m.

I don't recall seeing Lucia in any of the comics either >_>.

Hardly any of the Final Fight characters that weren't playable in SF at some point made the comic. What is with these goofball answers?

Kenshiro said on February 7, 2014 at 10:37 a.m.

Elena was pretty good in the tag format that was SFxT...but nobody wanted to listen or believe that she wouldn't be that effective if she was in SFIV.

*Long startup on Rhino Horn
*setups are easy to read
*not terribly quick

I hope she's at least playable but let's not act like SFIV would be the gold standard to the point SFxT is obsolete. That game still did a good bit of right by a few characters.

Keetro said on February 7, 2014 at 10:47 a.m.

I understand that Doopliss. and have much respect for your vids but please keep in mind that, when that happens there is a 30+ frames of recovery where every character is able to punish Heavily in response with Ultras, Dash+ Full combo's and Much More. the point I was stating is that it shouldn't have such a Negative draw back. when it is properly factor into a match up it can turn a 6-4 into a 7-3 really fast and sometimes worse granted the condition of Guys Meter availability vs. Foe's. and only other options are all Unsafe either Before (All Hozanto, Bushin flip) or After (ShadowKick/Neckflip/Stop, or Empty) and considering Guy is not getting any combo's off his laughable overheads I would rather it pull them in closer to me than this. So for that reason I ask that they change it so that he advances forward in the 7 frame Gap in which the C.HP animation comes out. this would also solve the issue of where some of his LP Hozanto's do reach. that is why I said it

jme said on February 7, 2014 at 10:54 a.m.

Binary = twelve hint?

But I'm still putting my vote on Yanyu (jianyu for all you cry babies).

colossus said on February 7, 2014 at 10:57 a.m.

Take a look at them... Overally, Elena and Hugo are considered bad, Rolento is 50/50 and Poison is the only one that people like... ("Good"+"Pretty Good" vs "Not very good"+"Bad"). System mechanics are somehow more appreciated than the new characters themselves. According to my oppinion Capcom should take these numbers into considerations and keep on with the changes for the new character especially! I mean, people think that 2 of the new characters are more bad than actually good and people are happy with just Posion. Last statement where it was said by Capcom that this build is almost the final one should be reconsidered!

gaming99 said on February 7, 2014 at 10:59 a.m.

I have to give Capcom marketing team props.
They have done a great job to purposely hiding the fifth character for like million years in order to increase the hype before they launch the game.

Xykes said on February 7, 2014 at 11:15 a.m.

Poison is actually pretty darn fun and effective in SFxT, for those who stick with her and learn how to properly use her.

TheTHCGamer said on February 7, 2014 at 11:19 a.m.

I really wouldn't mind if you released at least two more characters CAPCOM ;).

Existent said on February 7, 2014 at 11:31 a.m.

Hey guys, remember that these stats are fabricated by Capcom to mentally condition us into believing everyone loves it. That's why the approval stats are LOWER than they were before. My tinfoil hat is still working, I swear.

djm0001 said on February 7, 2014 at 11:46 a.m.

I don't even know what's real anymore, everytime I close my eyes all I can see is....capcom....must...buy...USF4...

NapkinSchematic said on February 7, 2014 at 11:53 a.m.

Binary? Twelve confirmed!

Sage_Liebert said on February 7, 2014 at 11:55 a.m.

Now people will slowly stop talking about the 5th character since the date is confirmed.

Did they have 3 different builds at each Loctest in japan?. I know they were located at Tokyo, Osaka, and another city.

Gladspencer said on February 7, 2014 at 11:58 a.m.

gammabolt17 said on February 7, 2014 at 12:03 p.m.

Yet you was damn near the first person to comment. Okay.

Darklurkr23 said on February 7, 2014 at 12:11 p.m.

FGC is complaining about everything in 4. Like 80% "Bad-not good" XD

Foskers said on February 7, 2014 at 12:23 p.m.

For real. I stopped caring ages ago. They are making a big deal outta nothing.

Reality2k said on February 7, 2014 at 12:44 p.m.

Man I wish there was an announcement of an announcement or something - the hype is killing me!

Sanox said on February 7, 2014 at 1:02 p.m.

as long as it is not decapre

Galletano said on February 7, 2014 at 1:03 p.m.

Can't wait to play as Poison.

Lemres said on February 7, 2014 at 1:05 p.m.

Ok so with these new results, common sense would tell you to revert all changes back to the previous beta test and make those changes official in the final product. I have a feeling they won't do this and mess up again.

bigjbilly said on February 7, 2014 at 1:07 p.m.

Effie seems likley to me now for some reason

PowerBeard said on February 7, 2014 at 1:34 p.m.

What's the point of the binary code? Unless it's another hint other than just saying its final fight... Then again I could be over thinking

Mopz said on February 7, 2014 at 2:01 p.m.

Would be funny if the 5th character WAS a doll and as a "gift" for them over-hyping it they would give a "free 6th character"... which is another doll. :P

SnakeX said on February 7, 2014 at 2:12 p.m.

People like you need to stop assuming that just because the 5th character hasn't been publicly playable that she'll be broken somehow. They still do internal testing after all. It's not like they have the character done and are just sitting on her until it's time to reveal her. That's now how it works.

SnakeX said on February 7, 2014 at 2:24 p.m.

Why would they go backwards? That would be extremely stupid; no offense but I don't see how that is "common sense" at all. The results are an indicator of what still needs to be adjusted. If people aren't satisfied then they keep on making changes and keep on having location tests, which is the ENTIRE point of seeing what people think. Why would they take two steps back with every step forward?

PoweredByProtein said on February 7, 2014 at 2:52 p.m.

What is the opinion on? If they're too good, too bad, or if the players just don't like them?

GodPride said on February 7, 2014 at 3:19 p.m.

If these are the most recent results, they certainly dropped significantly in terms of ratings from the last polling.

nosloandy said on February 7, 2014 at 3:38 p.m.

"Blanka's mom has got it going on, she's all I want, I've waited so long! Blanka can't you see, she's just the girl for me! I'm in love with Blanka's mom!"

Sorry, I just had to... :P

danny2times said on February 7, 2014 at 4:22 p.m.

You know what? I get that feeling too.....the binary code being twelve s language I know, but necro is the beta twelve. She could be pretty cool imo. Kinda a little Rufus mixed with the crazy movement that juri has. Could be something to this looking back at that silhouette that leaked, her hair is curly/kinky. But the problem is the whole contest to give her a name though? Ugh I hate this....

BigFleccs said on February 7, 2014 at 4:32 p.m.

Doesn't matter, not buying -5 fadc street fighter lol. (So serious)

mrkareemruiz said on February 7, 2014 at 4:35 p.m.

BUFF ELENA.

FightDirty said on February 7, 2014 at 4:41 p.m.

Good sir, you are wise beyond your years.

Capcom_Warrior said on February 7, 2014 at 4:46 p.m.

The less the Shoto players we'll have...the better off we'll be. :-P

Capcom_Warrior said on February 7, 2014 at 4:49 p.m.

I agree. I've been using her in SFXT for over a year and I do pretty well with her. There are some tough match-ups against the Top-Tier Tekken characters but she's not as bad as most people thought last year.

Enter4none said on February 7, 2014 at 5:07 p.m.

Hype for the 5th character at the same level as the Skullgirls Encore among Xbox 360 users, same amount of months between news about each and nothing playable.

Drifter said on February 7, 2014 at 5:46 p.m.

I can't wait for Yanyu to be announced! H.Y.P.E.R!!!!!!!!

bloopbloopbloops said on February 7, 2014 at 7:33 p.m.

i'm feeling like it has something to do with Effie, too. the hint being in binary could be a 2nd hint in of itself.

if it's a female 'twelve' or 'necro' character, that would mean it would be a stretchy/transform'y, fast-paced, annoying character which would/could be a precursor to the types of animations and movements a Darkstalker character would have in a new Darkstalkers game.

i wouldnt put it passed capcom to use Street Fighter as a platform to test out playstyles using this 5th new character in order to gauge interest and theories for a new Darkstalkers instalment.

i believe Ingrid was a unique character born from the playstyles present in CvS2.

i always thought Ingrid, along with Amingo and Ruby Heart from MvC2, would fit perfectly well in a Darkstalker game...

Load more comments