Is Ultra Street Fighter 4 coming to PlayStation 4? Ono posts possible hint

Posted by DreamKing23
February 3, 2014 at 8:18 a.m. PST
Capcom representative Yoshinori Ono took to Twitter just yesterday in order to thank those who shared their opinions at the latest Ultra Street Fighter 4 location test.

Providing a picture of his Blanka figurine lying on a Vewlix style USF4 arcade cabinet, we see that Ono has also included a PlayStation 4 controller in the photo. Many have began speculating that this may be alluding to a possible PS4 port of Capcom's upcoming Street Fighter title.

You can check out the photo below.

Click image for larger version

Hit the jump to read more.

The above image isn't the only potential hint that Sony and Capcom have something up their sleeves, however. Back in November of last year, Sony uploaded a live-action PlayStation 4 commercial in which Ryu made an appearance. The world warrior could also be seen operating a taxi cab, and working for a service deemed "Hadouken Cabs" in Sony's first live-action teaser.

Lastly, Ono mentioned on Twitter last week that we can expect to see an Ultra Street Fighter 4 related announcement soon.

What all of this may mean is still heavily shrouded in mystery, but be sure to check out Ono's tweet below, and feel free to let us know what you think Capcom has brewing, in the comments below. Tips sent in by zUkUu, skyrimer, DJTempy, Shinkuu Kikoken and Cyph.

Comments

Smorgasboard said on February 3, 2014 at 8:20 a.m.

Japan launch title?!

ZeDudd said on February 3, 2014 at 8:22 a.m.

Hmm...
Nah. I'd rather have them concentrate on SF5, or a new Darkstalkers.

Darkdragon007 said on February 3, 2014 at 8:22 a.m.

They had best add the stick support. Otherwise it will stay current gen buys.

Darkdragon007 said on February 3, 2014 at 8:23 a.m.

After the absolute dismal sales of the Darkstalkers port on PSN they won't make a new one. Low sales = low interest. Low interest = no money.

Not gonna happen.

probably

SadisticSamurai said on February 3, 2014 at 8:26 a.m.

You can also play PS3 games with the wired (thru usb cable) PS4 controller, Might just be that.

Ono is a master troll.

Sage_Liebert said on February 3, 2014 at 8:28 a.m.

It will probably be digital download only for ps4.

triplefierce said on February 3, 2014 at 8:28 a.m.

Is Ono aware of how obnoxious these teases are? Has he ever hinted if he enjoys annoying us? It's been said many times in comments/ forums of how tired and tedious these announcements of announcements are, they stopped being good hype building tools years ago.

I wish he would take after Harada and just give straight information at a time when it was most appropriate for the game.

Aluppoj said on February 3, 2014 at 8:29 a.m.

YES! I've been pushing this theory pretty hard within my circle of friends. This is fantastic news!

LeonHartEX said on February 3, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.

I don't have any of the next-gen systems yet since there's nothing that interests me enough to buy one (Except KI and Watch Dogs). If SF comes on PS4, I may just have to change that. We'll have to wait and see since Ono is lolkappa time from time heh.

Dracos_Wrath said on February 3, 2014 at 8:31 a.m.

I highly doubt this. A straight port from PS3 to PS4, at least, it's not gonna happen. PS4 is a next-gen console, no way it's just going to get a game from the past gen as an all new game. That would be too lame, even from Capcom.

EnsignHiro said on February 3, 2014 at 8:31 a.m.

Good I hope so. Tourneys prolly back on ps4 due to no online requirements

Akua said on February 3, 2014 at 8:33 a.m.

Just recieved my reason to get a PS4.

edrigo said on February 3, 2014 at 8:33 a.m.

It would be the best way to get new players into sf but by the time it comes out it could be competing with alot of other games by then

SKILL said on February 3, 2014 at 8:33 a.m.

i knew it! Thanks God i swapped my XB1 for PS4!

XeroDgX said on February 3, 2014 at 8:33 a.m.

I'm most insterested in that viewlix fightstick over there, last time I saw one it was to Latif

edrigo said on February 3, 2014 at 8:34 a.m.

umm injustice?

streetfighterjoe said on February 3, 2014 at 8:34 a.m.

Holy Crap! Yes!

Gam3B0y said on February 3, 2014 at 8:35 a.m.

It will look like PC version looks :)
and PC version looks amazing with it's filters, AA and bigger resolution compared to comsole versions

F4RHANN said on February 3, 2014 at 8:41 a.m.

do the current madcatz sticks on the ps3 work on the ps4 yet?

schmans said on February 3, 2014 at 8:41 a.m.

Please Please Please Please.

DarkRyu94 said on February 3, 2014 at 8:42 a.m.

Awwww noooo guys... lets not start off your PS4 run by porting a game that is already a 5 year old port to next gen systems with last gen graphics... please don't do that

Ett said on February 3, 2014 at 8:42 a.m.

Guess that they will launch it with the PC version

DarkRyu94 said on February 3, 2014 at 8:43 a.m.

It was top of the PSN charts for a few weeks and what do you expect from a title over 10 years old that is just a straight port with cleaner pixels?

Devrae said on February 3, 2014 at 8:46 a.m.

Follow his tweet, he posted more of pics with ps4s/USf4

Not sure if hes hinting on a ps4 port or hes just very excited for ps4 launch....damn troll master!

nusense said on February 3, 2014 at 8:46 a.m.

Ya because every TO going to go out and replace the 360\ps3 for a port............fanboys....

gigantor21 said on February 3, 2014 at 8:49 a.m.

Well, that would explain the Hadouken Cabs commercial. I highly doubt it'd be something like SF5.

fawaz said on February 3, 2014 at 8:50 a.m.

So is this what the "Hadoken Cabs" thing was about?

*scratches head*

Jevali said on February 3, 2014 at 8:52 a.m.

I need this on ps4. though the thought of buying a new stick doesn't fill me with joy (but gotta be done i spose)

Ermapume said on February 3, 2014 at 8:53 a.m.

I would buy it. Never got invested in the SFIV series yet but I'll start on my PS4 for sure. Especially with a new fightstick for the console.

David_I said on February 3, 2014 at 8:53 a.m.

Ono's troll tease knows no bounds -_-

RomeMc said on February 3, 2014 at 8:53 a.m.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying anymore arcade sticks especially for a game that has been out since 2009. Ultra will stay current gen for me

NoizyChild said on February 3, 2014 at 8:54 a.m.

Christ, y'all whine about everything.

Ever stopped to think that maybe this could be a good seller for PS4, since quite a few people traded in their last gen systems toward the purchase?

If you don't have a PS4, then why do you even give a damn?

Shut up already. Whether you're last gen or current gen, you still get to play.

jimmyeatsquaids said on February 3, 2014 at 8:55 a.m.

doesn't have to mean anything...it's ono after all.

@eventhubs:

recently the video ads on this site start playing on there own sometimes. for example right now I'm writing this message and sometimes the video ad at the top right of the screen starts playing...it's really annoying and I can't imagine that's how it's supposed to be.

pants4ever said on February 3, 2014 at 8:56 a.m.

rudiano said on February 3, 2014 at 8:59 a.m.

As much as I'd like it, I think most will stick to playing it on X360....I mean all the best players are on there and getting the PS4 version would mean not playing against them

DunnDeal said on February 3, 2014 at 8:59 a.m.

Darkstalkers Ressurection sold low because people don't want to spend their money on a prehistoric game like that. They wanted a new Darkstalkers game not an old ass game they could play for free on a PS2

Jaaj301 said on February 3, 2014 at 9 a.m.

If this is what Hadouken Cabs and their intention to "re-establish their figthing game presence" was all about, it might be the biggest disappointment from Capcom in years. Why hype it up so much?

I mean, I wouldn't mind having Ultra for PS4 as long as there are some improvements to it, but why not making SF5 at this point? SF4 has been out for 5 years ffs.

alfarin said on February 3, 2014 at 9 a.m.

Uhh... You all do know that you can use the PS4 pad on PS3 right?

Anyway since this is the fourth edition of the game, chances of a next-gen port are next to none. Capcom have already said they expect low returns on this (hence using SFxT assets) so why waste time and money on a next-gen port when expecting low sales on current gen..?

Devrae said on February 3, 2014 at 9:02 a.m.

This is going to sell on ps4, because there is barely any games on the system right now. I heard the porting process is fairly cheap and fast on ps4...seems like a no brainer.

It would be nice if they use this system on stream, so we can watch more matches on stream with the faster loading etc.

Tensa said on February 3, 2014 at 9:02 a.m.

Well this should fix all the little issues that was in the PS3 version of the game I think I'll grab it for PS4 if it is true

martinmaiochi said on February 3, 2014 at 9:03 a.m.

if they want to release USF4 for ps4, madcatz needs to lauch an arcadestick for it.

Froinlaven84 said on February 3, 2014 at 9:04 a.m.

This is potentially amazing news!

.....Now we just need an Arcade Stick or some kind of adapter for the PS4.

joshl92 said on February 3, 2014 at 9:04 a.m.

Its likely that Sony is funding it to make it PS4 exclusive. SF4 still very popular and it would be a smart move on Sony's part.

binhduh said on February 3, 2014 at 9:07 a.m.

I think "Deep Down" there is a reason why Ono has a ps4 controller in this picture, probably troll'n ;). Doubt there will be ps4 port but will definitely welcome it.

samuraix025 said on February 3, 2014 at 9:09 a.m.

the PS4 is my first sony console. if this is true I'll finally have a use for my PS4 lol. that thing has been a internet browser since I bought it and my WII U did that better

I hope its true I want to see what the sony players can do

Shinebox said on February 3, 2014 at 9:09 a.m.

They updated the arcade hardware for this game from Taito Type X2 to Type X3. Probably not an emulated port for the PS4 but it's own actual game.

gohan16ken said on February 3, 2014 at 9:11 a.m.

I predict that USF4 will be on PlayStation Now. That is how we will be able to play it on PS4.

Vothsair said on February 3, 2014 at 9:12 a.m.

PS3 fightsticks work on PS4. It is up to the developers if they want them to work on the new system. It would not be smart not to let you use your stick. I do hope it comes to PS4.

illSim said on February 3, 2014 at 9:13 a.m.

as soon as i get a job im buying ps4

jaymezax said on February 3, 2014 at 9:14 a.m.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 : Next Gen Edition 2014

2 New Characters
Hondas Bathouse Stage

ROSHINOBI said on February 3, 2014 at 9:16 a.m.

Well I predicted this way back b4 it was on anybodys' guessing radar...check my past comments if ya don't believe...anyway I'm glad that Ono Son refuses to let SF4 die of the scence like 3S did...he's keeping the fighting genre alive who cares if it's just a port let it happen captain...for those of u complanning just think how many more updates of characters and costumes on the next gen version....u all want alex, karin, Q , Oro, Sean, Sodom R.Mika...it can be possible on next gen...cause if it stays on current gen it will die...even the broke cry babies will eventually purchase next gen hardware...with it being on next gen it will remain INDESTRUCTABLE...we will all continue to get our Street fighter fix...until a true sequel is announced.

Shinebox said on February 3, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.

Or this could be a hint that the PS4 version and Arcade version are launching on the same day. People will rage so hard because they would have to shell out over $450 to play this game two months earlier.

Vothsair said on February 3, 2014 at 9:18 a.m.

Maybe the 5th character is PS4 only.

TorTorVega said on February 3, 2014 at 9:19 a.m.

I love all the "chances of this are slim to none." comments that seem to be based on ... nothing? It's Capcom we're talking about. Who knows what they're going to do? But this would actually get me to buy a PS4. The PS4 is already, IMO, the superior "next gen" console ... This would actually give me a reason to buy one however.

Atheist_Way said on February 3, 2014 at 9:25 a.m.

ps4 for me then :D... When I can afford an arcade stick for it :(

joshl92 said on February 3, 2014 at 9:26 a.m.

Why would people rage?

AlphaLegend said on February 3, 2014 at 9:28 a.m.

This is good news!!!! I hope the PS4 version ends up having more characters like Alex & Karin!!!! And maybe an extra stage or 2!!!

skyrimer said on February 3, 2014 at 9:29 a.m.

I REALLY hope this is true, it would be amazing, Ono make it happen!

On the other hand it makes sense, porting it should take next to nothing since it works at 60 fps even on years old average PC hardware, besides PS4 has very few games, and only injustice as a fighter. I think Sony is paying Capcom for the exclusive port to somehow counter Killer Instinct on XBone.

I'm pretty sure that they will add some sort of next gen stuff, 1080p for sure, and maybe upgraded graphics. Capcom always adds console specific features on their ports like Vita specific controls for UMVC and SFXT , 3DS street pass, PC filters, etc.

Come on Ono announce it already!

Tenchi_Sokaigen said on February 3, 2014 at 9:29 a.m.

There is no more doubt now, ONO has spoken!!!

...kinda

BlackOnyxThunder said on February 3, 2014 at 9:33 a.m.

IN YOUR FACE! This is proof for all you complainers about "Ultra" being on next gen consoles! That was probably alittle too harsh...

Shinebox said on February 3, 2014 at 9:34 a.m.

The arcade version launches in April. People would cry over feeling the need to buy a PS4 to play this earlier or wait till PS3/360 release in June. I doubt this would happen but that would be awesome and give me a reason to buy a PS4

SonicfanQ said on February 3, 2014 at 9:36 a.m.

Ehh whatever I really dont care. The game will be used on xbox 360 mostly in tournys and xbox 360 will still have the biggest online community for Street fighter 4. Not buying a ps4 to play Utra I will play it on my 360 because that the console it will be played on the most. Capcom just wants money this game does not even need to be on next gen.

Sethtic said on February 3, 2014 at 9:37 a.m.

Nice! Would be great. Hopefully it is port from PC/X360 and not PS3 version.

mp91 said on February 3, 2014 at 9:41 a.m.

it better be on ps4, i don't wanna switch from ps4 to ps3 every time i wanna play usf4

DarkFlare07 said on February 3, 2014 at 9:44 a.m.

Omg yes!!! I want this bad I hope they add stick support for the stick users but as for me ima suffer since ps4 pad sux.

But I want a 1080p version of this game with cross play between ps3 n ps4 users or atleast crossbuy. Cant wait to stream this game ^-^ well stil no confirmation but I have my hopes high now.

KingKong said on February 3, 2014 at 9:44 a.m.

Good news, that means we get more graphical fidelity as well as higher res

jagz5586 said on February 3, 2014 at 9:53 a.m.

Will only buy it if the devs let PS3 sticks to be usable on PS4 SF4

ryuhayabusa13 said on February 3, 2014 at 9:56 a.m.

Ono misplacing his ps4 controller again...

Kenshiro said on February 3, 2014 at 10:01 a.m.

Stupid if true, something new needs to be on the PS4. And Capcom wonders why they are losing money.

Blackoshinomi said on February 3, 2014 at 10:01 a.m.

LOL Here We Go

skumz88 said on February 3, 2014 at 10:02 a.m.

Lmao!!! It won't happen.

DarkRyu94 said on February 3, 2014 at 10:05 a.m.

Don't count on it, Capcom have been really lazy with this update so far so expecting them to be anymore than lazy with a next gen port would be getting your hopes up for no reason

Aluppoj said on February 3, 2014 at 10:06 a.m.

Not really man,

Sony could've flit the bill. If its an exclusive.

And it'd be a nice option for PS4 owners to have the Top fighting game on the market as an option to play.

More options > Less options.

icejohn said on February 3, 2014 at 10:07 a.m.

If better online that doesn't feel like a chain ball is tied to my ankle...
I'm game.

Aluppoj said on February 3, 2014 at 10:08 a.m.

Making us a New game. Those lazy s.o.b's. (sarcasm)

What have you done for us lately?

capra said on February 3, 2014 at 10:10 a.m.

ugh enough hints capcom if you're going to announce something announce it.

Aluppoj said on February 3, 2014 at 10:10 a.m.

That's YOUR ISP friend.

SF4 is P2P connection.

L said on February 3, 2014 at 10:11 a.m.

SF4 on PS4 would be amazing. They better do it.

icejohn said on February 3, 2014 at 10:16 a.m.

nah...im pretty sure its the netcode. Play sfxt and come back to this game...i can't even do it.

Truegamer said on February 3, 2014 at 10:18 a.m.

I called it!

It needs to happen! They be stupid not to...

CKD__Michaels said on February 3, 2014 at 10:21 a.m.

nooooooooo please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joshl92 said on February 3, 2014 at 10:22 a.m.

You do know that Ultra wasn't even supposed to happen right? AE was made to be the last major update yet people wanted more. Capcom did what they could with their situation and made a budget update. And if you think that Alex and Karin aren't coming.... well.... ;)

Shinebox said on February 3, 2014 at 10:28 a.m.

It's totally an Arcade Port

Hadoken Cabs + Arcade Cab + PS4 controller

We are being trolled really hard this time..

joshl92 said on February 3, 2014 at 10:28 a.m.

Honestly, I'd rather have SF4's netcode. I can adapt to slight input lag but when the connection isn't completely stable in SFxT, frames of animations are dropped.

TheTHCGamer said on February 3, 2014 at 10:28 a.m.

That had to do more with people not wanting to play an old game with HD graphics. Back on topic as usual nothing's been confirmed but people are sure acting like it. Kinda tired of all the trolling CAPCOM and Ono do wish they'd just give us a straight answer sometimes. If it is released on PS4 I hope it's just not the PS3 version but one built around the PS4 because we all know the PS3 version is slightly inferior to the 360 version. Please CAPCOM don't be lazy and give us a PS3 port.

acku said on February 3, 2014 at 10:29 a.m.

Aluppoj said on February 3, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.

I don't care for the GGPO warp style frame skipping that SfxT implemented. And the match making engine in that game is ULTRA Fail!

The piss poor structure of SFxT online was the primary reason I quit playing that game (competitively).

Loading wheel, crappy opponent, loading wheel, loading wheel, crappy opponent, loading wheel, same guy as last time?!?!?

I gave up.

SF4 hard wired, green and yellow bars is flawless for me 95/100 times.

TwoDogKnight said on February 3, 2014 at 10:31 a.m.

why would this make anyone here's "decision to buy a PS4"? Obviously you already own a PS3 or Xbox 360 and are playing SF4 on that so why would this be the tipping point to upgrade if nothing else has been already?

Tsevin said on February 3, 2014 at 10:39 a.m.

If it's just a straight port this isn't really a big deal, but if they're doing some graphical touch ups and maybe even fixing input lag and whatnot then it's another story.

TaurusMAGNUS said on February 3, 2014 at 10:41 a.m.

If this came to next gen period, I'd be cool with it.

jme said on February 3, 2014 at 10:43 a.m.

It doesn't matter if there are no sticks that work for ps4..........

TheTHCGamer said on February 3, 2014 at 10:43 a.m.

100% agreed the whole were going to troll our fanbase every time we have something to announce is getting real old.

joshl92 said on February 3, 2014 at 10:46 a.m.

Its up to the developer if PS3 sticks work with their game. I'm certain that Capcom would make them work.

Aluppoj said on February 3, 2014 at 10:47 a.m.

C'mon man, he's just tweeting.

Why is it that our community takes every single thing this guy says as a Mico Announcement?

Usually he's just answering a freaking question from the fans.

s0lid_snake said on February 3, 2014 at 10:52 a.m.

This isn't a troll it's called a teaser, you know a tease to something to be announced in the future. Ono provided you with hints and now you are allowed to speculate until the announcement. It could have been this or nothing, I don't understand why everyone is so upset. People just want everything to them immediately, but that's not how it works.

Evil_Hayato said on February 3, 2014 at 10:54 a.m.

It could potentially be Ultra SF4 will be on their emulation service that is currently being beta tested. I kind of hope its a new port but I see capcom just doing the easy way with things and just doing the emulation route.

Sanox said on February 3, 2014 at 10:55 a.m.

the real question is: would usf4 be on ps4 at evo if it released at the same time as the 360 and ps3 version.

unless capom messes up hard. the ps4 version should by far be the best version. so it only makes sense to have the best version at evo.

Alfiebo said on February 3, 2014 at 10:59 a.m.

I don't understand the point, if we all already have Xbox 360s and PS3s why would we buy a new console for a game we can get on the ones we already have?

FIREBALLXL5 said on February 3, 2014 at 11:03 a.m.

That and GG xrd kinda gives me a reason to play friends on the xbox and step into the next gen abit too soon. Still pensive about teething problems and am quite content mucking about with those on xboxlive. Still unsure if the servers playstation use keep the pace xbox was renound for :( but was it rumour? is it just that the internet providers offer a better service?

s0lid_snake said on February 3, 2014 at 11:03 a.m.

If they add more characters to it, which I doubt, will make it difficult to run tournaments. Everyone will have to switch to the ps4 version if they want to learn the new matchups. The PS4 online community would be huge as a result tough, which is actually a good thing no more spread across 3 platforms for those who are serious about the game.

It's most likely going to be a port though, maybe with improved graphics etc, which is still awesome.

Load more comments